Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312870 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

The Prince

Allentown, PA

#288133 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Except that, since they can't hire only staff that share the company's philosophical views, most of the employees aren't Catholic or even religious. It may as well be secular. I love that it burns the fundies' hides.
It only proves and reinforces our understanding of what is really important to you proabortion pagans. It is not the care of patients, just pissing off people of Fatih.

You live a sad life. I will pray for your soul and the saftey of those you may care for.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288134 Mar 6, 2013
There are no feminine hormones; there are only hormones which usually occur in larger quantities in one gender than another. Nor do they affect how people view children.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Real women, with real feminine hormones, always put ther needs of their children before their own. That is something all you proabortion pagans cannot grasp or understand.
Gtown71

United States

#288135 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, what happened to your" away, shucks"persona? Hmmm, tired of faking it? Hmm...
You know I don't know what you mean woman :)

I do get tired of being sidetracked on the issues.

Knowing there are many issues in the world, but to me they are all coughing and sneezing issues.
If you get the "core " problem fixed, the sneezing and coughing will go away.

If you're asking if I miss you, yes, I do,?!?!?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#288136 Mar 6, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
It only proves and reinforces our understanding of what is really important to you proabortion pagans. It is not the care of patients, just pissing off people of Fatih.
You live a sad life. I will pray for your soul and the saftey of those you may care for.
lol, you crack me up, Tom Tom. How did you get yourself banned, old boy?

Location hidden

#288137 Mar 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I don't know what you mean woman :)
I do get tired of being sidetracked on the issues.
Knowing there are many issues in the world, but to me they are all coughing and sneezing issues.
If you get the "core " problem fixed, the sneezing and coughing will go away.
If you're asking if I miss you, yes, I do,?!?!?
It's your problem if you allow yourself to get sidetracked, timmy. Don't blame others for your lack of focus.
Ocean56

AOL

#288138 Mar 6, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Oh, oh. Feel bad for your hubby. Sounds like you will have the old strap-on again tonight. Do you scream, " I am the man, I am the man"?
Yeah, Tommydumdum, according to you, "real women" should be nothing more than submissive doormats, not to mention mindless baby factories for God and church. Got it. Luckily for all women, we can decide for OURSELVES what that is, without YOUR stamp of approval.

By the way, Tommy, do you always obsess over the sex lives of prochoicers? It's quite creepy, not to mention repulsive.
Ocean56

AOL

#288139 Mar 6, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Real women, with real feminine hormones, always put the needs of their children before their own. That is something all you proabortion pagans cannot grasp or understand.
Real women can also choose NOT to be mothers if they don't WANT to be, Tommydumdum. Motherhood is NOT a requirement of being a woman, no matter what you or your toxic religious institution says.

Don't like the fact that women can decide for OURSELVES whether or not to be mothers or how many children EACH woman wants to have? Too bad. The 19th century is OVER, and women don't have to have a man's permission to make our own sexual and reproductive decisions. Suck it up, LOSER.
Ocean56

AOL

#288140 Mar 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Perhaps more husbands don't physicaly cheat on their wives, but should we teach that the ones "like me " who have, that its ok, just their choice?
MOST abortions are not done because of any reason, but oops.
Replying to your last assertion, SO WHAT. Whatever a woman's reasons for ending a pregnancy, they are HER reasons and none of YOUR business.

Location hidden

#288141 Mar 6, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Replying to your last assertion, SO WHAT. Whatever a woman's reasons for ending a pregnancy, they are HER reasons and none of YOUR business.
The fundie boys have uterus envy. If they can't have one, they'll try to control as many as they can.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#288142 Mar 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Her contract specifically states that, if the fetus was to have medical issues, she was to abort. If you can't fulfill a contract, don't go into the business.
No, the bio parents should not have to pay support; she refused the terms of the contract.
The surrogate has no legal right to any offspring she produces under contract.
<quoted text>
Should she have been forced to abort because it was in the contract?

Of course you do bring up an interesting viewpoint. Maybe men and women should sign contracts before they have sex so that each of them fully understand where the other one stands on the issue of abortion. If the man doesn't want a chld, and has a signed contract with the woman that says that she will abort any pregnancy, if she then chooses to continue the pregnancy he should be off the hook for child-support.
Gtown71

United States

#288143 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The fundie boys have uterus envy. If they can't have one, they'll try to control as many as they can.
You're wrong.
I don't wish to control anyone.
I have a hard enough time dealing with myself.

Does it bother me, that we've reached a place in time, where women are aborting so many babies -yes.
sex is no longer sacred? Yes
Divorce rate higher then ever -yes

Its ok though, most people enjoy the coughing and sneezing, and even learn to live with it, or use enough tissue to not go to far, as time ticks away.

Tell me was abortion wrong before it was legal?
Does making something legal, make it right?
As you can see we can go on forever, with the back and forth.
Women are now going to the frontlines of warzones, yet could not survive the frontlines of an nfl game.
do I think women and men are different -YES.and they should stay that way. Nor better, not worse, just different.
The lines are so blurred now -I give the future generations very little chance to have a "normal " life.
If anyone can remeber what normal is.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288144 Mar 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask where. I show you, step by step, and as I knew you would, you dismiss all the evidence for no reason.
You're as dishonest as they come.
I am sure that you are seeing something here that I don't.

It says it cause her thigh to 'fall' away. Is there some hiden meaning in the word thigh too? Because for me, it has nothing to do with pregnancy or abortion.

If they mean abortion by 'fall' shouldn't she be deemed pregnant first and wouldn't the fetus "fall' not her thighs?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288145 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She's mixing terms as if they are exactly the same. Ink is always obtuse; it's her "debating" style. I wonder why she can't just be up front and honest. She's sneaky and smarmy. Ugh.
What terms did I mix up? Do you know what you are talking about?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288146 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's tempting. I love my current job, but it's highly stressful and frustrating, right now. Too many patients for one nurse. Unfortunately, that seems to be the burgeoning trend. Working at a Catholic hospital as a liberal agnostic would be fun, lol! There's nothing the administration could do about me... Ha!
Why would they want to? You found an stressfree spot so it should be easy for you to just do your job and don't bother anyone.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288147 Mar 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Her contract specifically states that, if the fetus was to have medical issues, she was to abort. If you can't fulfill a contract, don't go into the business.
No, the bio parents should not have to pay support; she refused the terms of the contract.
The surrogate has no legal right to any offspring she produces under contract.
<quoted text>
LOL
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#288148 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The fundie boys have uterus envy. If they can't have one, they'll try to control as many as they can.
You and other baby-killing "feminists" wish you were born with a penis between your legs.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288149 Mar 6, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief Ink what is a fetus after it's delivered?
Depends doesn't it? If it is wanted and delivered too early it is a baby. If it is unwanted and delivered too early to live due to inducing it is an aborted fetus. No?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#288150 Mar 6, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
She proved they dont take in more in donations, lets see proof of your claims.
If they're not taking in more in donations, how can you claim they DO more?
All can see the harm they've done - I'd like to see you make the case for them DOING more good.
Money where your mouth is time.
Chop chop!
Google it.

You'll find enough proof to write a thesis.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288151 Mar 6, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
So Ms. fake nurse, you would take a job just so you could piss off Catholics. Make sure the poor patients sare kept away from you, pagan.
She is pretty smug in her inflated view of her own self worth and her effect on others. She needs to get busy emptying bedpans and earn her paycheck.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288152 Mar 6, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Should she have been forced to abort because it was in the contract?
Of course you do bring up an interesting viewpoint. Maybe men and women should sign contracts before they have sex so that each of them fully understand where the other one stands on the issue of abortion. If the man doesn't want a chld, and has a signed contract with the woman that says that she will abort any pregnancy, if she then chooses to continue the pregnancy he should be off the hook for child-support.
That didn't work for the poor schmuck that donated his sperm to a lesbian couple. One of them gave birth and the other left town. Now the guy has been ordered to pay child support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Susanm 1,460,333
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 7,952
I'm coming to town 4 hr Santa Claus 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Dec 7 Proud American 20,707
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Dec 7 Baltimore drop off 1
News Businesses hurt amid fear of immigration crackdown (Jan '16) Dec 4 Well Well 19
WHITE STUFF comes out when I RUB MY WEENIE, WHY??? Dec 4 Philbert 4

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages