Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,429)

Showing posts 268,561 - 268,580 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is a violent crime. It's not the victim's fault if she becomes pregnant.
According to the NYT, only 1% of abortions are due to rape, so it's a very rare occurrence. Even 1% is unfortunate but, for most pro-lifers, still one of the only three exceptions.
I asked, "What makes the zef conceived due to rape different than a zef conceived due to consensual sex? "

I asked because you characterized abortion as...

"the only thing that comes to mind is men directing children to get in line to the gas chambers because they were brainwashed to see them as non-humans too."

You see yourself as a Nazi because when you see the zef as a "fault", you're okay with terminating it.

I also asked you what do you think should be done with frozen embryos that no one has plans for. You didn't answer that question, either.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
What else would pro-choice mean? A woman can either choose to have a baby or abort it. Not much room for interpretation.
One more time.
When Romney ran against Obama, would you be for leaving Obama off the ballot given that Romney is your choice?
Now that I think of it, maybe you would.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not working abortions are on the rise and STDs are epidemic.
Good job.
How have you managed to miss the many posts disputing this claim with objective fact the number of annual abortions has steadily decreased? You know, those ones with links and drawn-out discussions...?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Partial birth abortions" are illegal unless the woman's life is in danger. Since you agree that a woman whose life is in danger should be able to have an abortion, how can you say they are "extreme"?
By the way, actual medical professionals have stated that this particular late term abortion procedure is safer for the woman than other late term abortion procedures.
Unfortunately, this isn't always the case. The Kansas Board of Healing Arts revoked the medical license of Dr. Kristin Neuhaus who was paid by the slain Kansas abortionist, Dr. Tiller, to sign off on late-term procedures. Neuhaus’ consent was required under Kansas law mandating a second professional opinion acknowledging that a late-term abortion was needed to avoid “severe and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function” of the mother.

Yet, she was sending women to Dr. Tiller for any reason, life-threatening or not.

There are physicians who still perform them in spite of the law making them illegal in 2003.

http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/whypbaperfor...

Governor Cuomo of New York recently stated he is going to push for all abortions to be legal at any stage of development.

The problem becomes once you open Pandora's box, it's almost impossible to shut it again.
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I refused to reply to you, Dishonest One. I said I flatly refused to answer the question. And I did.
Yes, posts where everyone has seen you try, and fail, to manipulate me into answering a question with the childish tactic of calling me "chicken".
But, whatever you have to tell yourself to bolster your obviously fragile ego, little man. It's no skin off my nose.
I didn't say...
what I meant to say was...
allow me to clarify...
I never said...
what I really said was...

you just can't help yourself, pusillanimous one.

make it 7.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
What else would pro-choice mean? A woman can either choose to have a baby or abort it. Not much room for interpretation.
It means that we support a woman's right to make her own choice.

Interesting, so the two options are continued pregnancy, or abortion, so why would you not say pro-childbirth/abortion?

You, yourself, prove that you are using the term as a pejorative.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is "pro-abortion", he/she would encourage every pregnancy be aborted.

Pro-choice does not encourage either abortion or carrying to term. It advocates the woman retain her right to make the choice.

Clear now? I'm sure you won't make that mistake again.

Glad to help. You're welcome.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>"created what I call the politically correct poison in our schools and society and, instead of practicing tolerance, derisiveness and anger towards"
You should read what you wrote.
Everyone knows political correctness has made us all a little crazy.

We all walk on eggshells afraid of saying anything that might be interpreted wrongly.

A sports announcer was nearly crucified for saying a woman in the stands was exceptionally beautiful even though her career took off because of the publicity.

Too many children call the shots in public schools because administrators don't want to make anyone mad.

Professional people have been fired from their jobs because they were smokers and wanted to smoke in their car on their own time during a break.

There's plenty more. It's all the same craziness.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is "pro-abortion", he/she would encourage every pregnancy be aborted.
Pro-choice does not encourage either abortion or carrying to term. It advocates the woman retain her right to make the choice.
Clear now? I'm sure you won't make that mistake again.
Glad to help. You're welcome.
Okay, I'll change it to pro-supporting abortions. Is this okay? Because splitting hairs has also become the new norm.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Since they are illegal, how do you save a woman's life now?"
I said they are illegal EXCEPT TO SAVE A WOMAN'S LIFE. Learn to read, Witless.
"Why is it safer to stick scissors into the brain of a half born baby?"
Because there is no danger of perforating her uterus. Also, if the fetus is has hydrocephalus, it saves the woman from the more dangerous C-Section.
You're dumb as a box of hair. You really are.
Well which is it. Are partial birth abortions legal or not?
Funny, none of those poor babies photographed at Gosnell's looked like they had hydrocephalus. Tiller's form letters didn't mention hydrocephalus either.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were aware of the history of the D&X, you'd have a better understanding of why it was performed this way on doomed pregnancies. Reality is this procedure has not been reported performed for a few years now. You should be happy. You've gotten your wish. Just continue ignoring that later term abortions are usually done by the D&E procedure. And maybe be careful what you wish for in the future.
I'm very happy this practice has become illegal. It wasn't against the law, however, until 2003.

How many babies were killed in the last few weeks of gestation or coming out of the womb before 2003?

Gov. Cuomo is pushing for abortions to be legal at any phase of development including partial birth abortions. It's only a matter of time before others will join him. Including this president who would not vote against it as a Senator in the Illinois Senate, sadly enough.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll change it to pro-supporting abortions. Is this okay? Because splitting hairs has also become the new norm.
You have to say 'pro supporting the woman to choose to kill her own fetus' if she wants to. Because that is what tey do.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>One more time.
When Romney ran against Obama, would you be for leaving Obama off the ballot given that Romney is your choice?
Now that I think of it, maybe you would.
Not sure how that applies.

But Romney was clearly the wrong candidate for the right time. Why would I want to leave anyone's name of a ballot who was picked by their party?

It's the people I worry about the most. Not the politicians they elect.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were aware of the history of the D&X, you'd have a better understanding of why it was performed this way on doomed pregnancies. Reality is this procedure has not been reported performed for a few years now. You should be happy. You've gotten your wish. Just continue ignoring that later term abortions are usually done by the D&E procedure. And maybe be careful what you wish for in the future.
It was only doomed because they stuck the sissors in the kids brain.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, this isn't always the case. The Kansas Board of Healing Arts revoked the medical license of Dr. Kristin Neuhaus who was paid by the slain Kansas abortionist, Dr. Tiller, to sign off on late-term procedures. Neuhaus’ consent was required under Kansas law mandating a second professional opinion acknowledging that a late-term abortion was needed to avoid “severe and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function” of the mother.
Yet, she was sending women to Dr. Tiller for any reason, life-threatening or not.
There are physicians who still perform them in spite of the law making them illegal in 2003.
Governor Cuomo of New York recently stated he is going to push for all abortions to be legal at any stage of development.
The problem becomes once you open Pandora's box, it's almost impossible to shut it again.
One, the link you posted is obviously old, from before the change in the law. It's also an anti-choice biased site, which dishonestly left off the copyright date. The only date mentioned in the article, was 1995.

Two, the part about Tiller was about LATE TERM ABORTIONS, not "partial birth abortions". That is merely one possible abortion procedure.

Three, though none have been done in recent years according to the CDC, I did not say they were not done at all. What I said was that they are illegal except to save the woman's life.

Four, about Cuomo, you are full of crap. The law proposed says nothing about "partial birth abortion". It is to expand the law, which currently only allows late term abortion if the woman's life is in danger, to one that allows it if her health is in danger too, or if the fetus is not viable.

Again, stop feeding off the damned anti-choice propaganda spoon.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tenzing!!
Did things get too crazy for you too on the insanity thread? Or are you just dropping by for a visit?
Just don't scare off anyone now, y'hear?
Just lookin' for you, its not the same kinda crazy without your crazy.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro-Choice = Pro-woman making her own choice to carry to term or abort. Nobody said we had to like/dislike or approve/disapprove of her choice.
"...pro-woman making her OWN choice..."
(imagine that)
Do the unborn get a choice?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say...
what I meant to say was...
allow me to clarify...
I never said...
what I really said was...
you just can't help yourself, pusillanimous one.
make it 7.
Another childish, failed attempt to manipulate from the powerless one.

I understand. Your fragile ego can't handle being balked by a woman. Sucks to be you.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
One of her patients was a raped 10yr old from California. Didn't you just proclaim "most" PLers see the "three exceptions" and follow these? Yet here you are, repeating your spoon fed lies like it's reality.

"The Operation Rescue dance on Dr. Tiller’s grave continues in Kansas. This time in the form of a celebratory jig performed in their perceived triumph over an administrative judge’s ruling issuing an order of revocation of the license of Dr. Ann Kristen Neuhaus."
<SNIP>
"The continued defamation and harassment of Dr. Neuhaus is indicative of what abortion providers can expect in Kansas and in other parts of the country, like what has been seen in Texas. Providing an abortion does not require a special license, just as providing a pap smear doesn’t require a special license. Therefore, all it should take to provide abortions to women is the proper equipment, some training from a fellow physician, a medical license and extraordinary amounts of courage."
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/02/26/...
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's that they'll go to any lengths to legislate their personally held beliefs that is disconcerting, imo. That link of the photo shopped hodge-podge pics of dead embryos/fetuses, infants, pregnant women, Planned Parenthood, ultrasound pics, and etc.? Well it shows such a willingness for open manipulation (from either angle; being or doing). That these people are unable to separate these images, keep 'em in context, is disheartening. They might as well stick their spoons out and ask for more.
all legislation is someone's personally held belief.

do all laws disconcert you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 268,561 - 268,580 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Weather Watch for Baltimore County was issued at April 22 at 2:29PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE