Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310482 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285896 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
For heaven's sake.
If you are pro-choice you are, by definition, pro-abortion.
If you stand by a liberal ideology, you are a liberal.
Even though I have to believe many liberals have good intentions, the liberal ideology created what I call the politically correct poison in our schools and society and, instead of practicing tolerance, derisiveness and anger towards anyone who tries to live by a standard of moral conduct in our society or whose points of view differ from the politically correct and angry liberals. Then there's the hypocrisy. You don't even want to get me started.
And it begins at the top with a radically liberal president, is encouraged by a liberal mainstream media, and then filters down through liberal blogs to people like you who think this is the new norm.
I just call it as I see it.
Wrong.

Being pro-choice does not equal "pro-abortion".

And please, do not try to pretend now that you haven't been using the term "liberal" as a pejorative.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#285897 Feb 23, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone whose brain is in his penis is unworthy of life. Where is your brain?
grumpy: "Anyone whose brain is in his penis is unworthy of life."

Maybe if you took Cialis, your thought process wouldn't be so skewed.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285898 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a right to believe that but are not in the mainstream of pro-lifers.
Aren't partial birth abortions extreme? Some on the left don't think so.
"Partial birth abortions" are illegal unless the woman's life is in danger. Since you agree that a woman whose life is in danger should be able to have an abortion, how can you say they are "extreme"?

By the way, actual medical professionals have stated that this particular late term abortion procedure is safer for the woman than other late term abortion procedures.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#285899 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
For heaven's sake.
If you are pro-choice you are, by definition, pro-abortion.
If you stand by a liberal ideology, you are a liberal.
Even though I have to believe many liberals have good intentions, the liberal ideology created what I call the politically correct poison in our schools and society and, instead of practicing tolerance, derisiveness and anger towards anyone who tries to live by a standard of moral conduct in our society or whose points of view differ from the politically correct and angry liberals. Then there's the hypocrisy. You don't even want to get me started.
And it begins at the top with a radically liberal president, is encouraged by a liberal mainstream media, and then filters down through liberal blogs to people like you who think this is the new norm.
I just call it as I see it.
I don't bother calling myself either pro-choice or pro-life. They are silly labels. You seem to enjoy labelling and seprating everyone into various groups. Continue with your innane, radical rants.
Boozer

United States

#285900 Feb 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
grumpy: "Anyone whose brain is in his penis is unworthy of life."
Maybe if you took Cialis, your thought process wouldn't be so skewed.
Maybe if you actually had a p-nis you'd get what he meant.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#285901 Feb 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO Since I just saw Ladi, I know it ain't her!
Foo-Man-Spew: "Since I just saw Ladi, I know it ain't her."

How's Ariel Richards, dear?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285902 Feb 23, 2013
LiT rabbit foo foo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/info-for-tee...
Yes it is! One of the best ways for kids to get ACCURATE information they aren't getting at home from rotten parents that want to keep their heads in the sand. Like you would have been for example.
All this site is doing is answering questions kids DO have, whether or not you LIKE them asking.
People like you would rather kids never find out this kind of information. People like me make sure they do. And those that do, will have a MUCH better shot at preventing unwanted pregnancies or STD than those kids who have the adults around them pretend the questions don't exist, or think that they (the kids) don't have or need to know the answers.
It's not working abortions are on the rise and STDs are epidemic.

Good job.
Boozer

United States

#285903 Feb 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like your topix name?
You're so dishonest.
Boozer

United States

#285904 Feb 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not working abortions are on the rise and STDs are epidemic.
Good job.
Abortions have been steadily declining for about 2 decades. Get a clue for once.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285905 Feb 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Partial birth abortions" are illegal unless the woman's life is in danger. Since you agree that a woman whose life is in danger should be able to have an abortion, how can you say they are "extreme"?
By the way, actual medical professionals have stated that this particular late term abortion procedure is safer for the woman than other late term abortion procedures.
Since they are illegal, how do you save a woman's life now?

Why is it safer to stick scissors into the brain of a half born baby?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285906 Feb 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone lie about what hasn't happened yet?
Are you for real?
Boozer

United States

#285907 Feb 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your biological dad are both addicts.
You must be perfect.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285908 Feb 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize you are an anti-semite, CD.
You are super sensitive. Can't you take a joke?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285909 Feb 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
What of it? Go back to being full of feces for jesus, stinky.
If you like calling yourself Feces, go ahead. I'll call you that too. It's the same as sh-t isn't it?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285910 Feb 23, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a right to believe that but are not in the mainstream of pro-lifers.
Aren't partial birth abortions extreme? Some on the left don't think so.
Church doctrine cited here says that abortion is NEVER condoned.
I don't think anybody here denies that partial birth abortion is extreme.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285911 Feb 23, 2013
When I jump all over catholics - No Relativism doesn't say a word. When I kid about the jews, he's all over me. Wonder what that means?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285912 Feb 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Being pro-choice does not equal "pro-abortion".
And please, do not try to pretend now that you haven't been using the term "liberal" as a pejorative.
Liberals for the most part want a nanny state. Liberals for the most part want to keep spending/"investing" money we don't have. Liberals for the most part want cradle to grave government control.

So when I use the term liberal, I'm expressing disappointment that this ideology is leading us down the wrong path and, therefore, I am using it as a pejorative.

Criticizing ideologies is allowed. Personal attacks are not. I don't believe I've done the latter.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285913 Feb 23, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Church doctrine cited here says that abortion is NEVER condoned.
I don't think anybody here denies that partial birth abortion is extreme.
There are many churches with slightly different doctrines.

Everyone thinking partial birth abortions are extreme is good to know.

Unfortunately, the president I assume you voted for doesn't.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285914 Feb 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not working abortions are on the rise and STDs are epidemic.
Good job.
Abortion rates are not rising. Where do you get this nonsense?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285915 Feb 23, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: I said peri-menopausal
Okay, peri-menopausal it is. You're splitting (gray) hairs. Again.
May point stands:
"At that stage of human life, is Katie becoming less fully formed? Once she has made it through menopause, will you consider her 'not fully formed'?"
Next.........
You still have nothing but logical fallacies. If I was offering the benefit of doubt, I'd say you didn't realize you're asking the wrong question. Since I'm not, I'll say outright you're trying to make this a personal attack and appeal to emotion. Neither way is gonna score you any points, NR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Liberal Felchers 1,274,170
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage 2 hr williamr85 12
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
Sex with Molly 11 hr jiz 1
News Shopping for Afro-Caribbean ingredients in Balt... 16 hr jimi-yank 5
News Maryland prepares for big boost in victim servi... Wed reality is a crutch 3
News Baltimore Gets $3.7M for Lead Removal Wed reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages