Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309850 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285746 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You "saw" me lie?
Were you standing behind me when I witnessed an abortion back in the 1970s?
Do you know all of the hospital procedures in every hospital that performed the first legalized abortions?
How could you possibly know if I am lying or not? You simply assume it because you want to.
Yes, I saw your lies. We all did.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285747 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is hysterical That Obama is out there ranting about how the world will end if sequestration takes place, meanwhile his minions on NBC and CNN are saying the opposite. Even they can't get behind him without looking stupid.
Why is it stupid to question the president, or the speaker of the house or any of our Congress people?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285748 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was serious too: What do you think should be done with all the tens of thousands of frozen embryos that no one has plans for?
I would have to say that in light of the number of "surplus embryos" allowed in this country of which most are either unnecessary or destroyed, we should learn from Germans and how they legislate the issue.

Germany prohibits the extraction of more oocytes than necessary and no more than three fertilizations of egg cells at a time. The the fertilized oocytes must be transferred into the genetic mother to avoid a "surplus" and cryopreservation is permitted only when it is absolutely necessary to delay transfer into the mother.

Now you can answer my question. What is the purpose of allowing so many frozen embryos in this country?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285749 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She calls everyone who disagrees with her, a liar.
No, just those who also lie.
worships reality

United States

#285750 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not, and I don't.
Why? Because it's irrelevant. Because people like you demand it. Take your pick. Like I said, I really couldn't care less. You're meaningless.
you are and you have. your lame denials don't change that.
sorry but you're not getting away with the "irrelevant" excuse again. your personal opinion regarding a woman's right to choose is also irrelevant but that hasn't stopped you from telling us what it is at every turn.
so tell me really, is there a reason you refuse to answer?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285751 Feb 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, Sto.
Ya know, Katie, what I will never understand is why the opposition gets ticked when we don't agree. Like racists who fume because I don't have a problem with white people and black people getting married and having kids.

I don't believe a fertilized egg is a baby. I don't. I can't. It's not logical. But, damned if that don't piss the other side off.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285752 Feb 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you are and you have. your lame denials don't change that.
sorry but you're not getting away with the "irrelevant" excuse again. your personal opinion regarding a woman's right to choose is also irrelevant but that hasn't stopped you from telling us what it is at every turn.
so tell me really, is there a reason you refuse to answer?
I just did tell you.

I'm not a coward, and I don't lie.

Sorry, but I HAVE "gotten away" with it. Take it or leave it, I don't care. You are meaningless.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285753 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to say that in light of the number of "surplus embryos" allowed in this country of which most are either unnecessary or destroyed, we should learn from Germans and how they legislate the issue.
Germany prohibits the extraction of more oocytes than necessary and no more than three fertilizations of egg cells at a time. The the fertilized oocytes must be transferred into the genetic mother to avoid a "surplus" and cryopreservation is permitted only when it is absolutely necessary to delay transfer into the mother.
Now you can answer my question. What is the purpose of allowing so many frozen embryos in this country?
You still haven't answered my question: What do you think should be done with all the tens of thousands of frozen embryos that no one has plans for?

That means the ones that exist now. No plans for them. What should be done with them?

I'd be happy to answer your question as soon as you answer mine.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285754 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Why is a zef conceived in rape less valuable?
It isn't.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285755 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Why is a zef conceived in rape less valuable?
I personally believe the rape victim has been traumatized once and pregnancy would be a constant reminder.

However - and this is a big however - rape victims can go to any OR and provided a "rape kit" which not only gets DNA evidence but gets rid of any possibility of pregnancy or STDs.

Women who are afraid to do this or report it for whatever reason should get the morning after pill which is readily available.

There are women who choose to deliver a rape baby and give it up for adoption or raise it on their own. I know a few stories of "rape babies" who were adopted and grew up to be productive citizens and grateful they were adopted.

But to answer your question, no one can blame any women who was raped for wanting an abortion even if she waited too long after the fact.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285756 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So you DON'T "know". Thank you, for admitting it.
Actually my memory is quite good. why don't you tell us again.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285757 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it stupid to question the president, or the speaker of the house or any of our Congress people?
That's not what I said. I said they can't agree with his lies anymore because they would look stupid if they did because everyone knows Obama is not telling the truth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285758 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually my memory is quite good. why don't you tell us again.
Again? You have yet to prove I said anything.

Whether or not I have such a line is completely irrelevant. It forms no part of my arguments in this debate.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285759 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe the rape victim has been traumatized once and pregnancy would be a constant reminder.
However - and this is a big however - rape victims can go to any OR and provided a "rape kit" which not only gets DNA evidence but gets rid of any possibility of pregnancy or STDs.
Women who are afraid to do this or report it for whatever reason should get the morning after pill which is readily available.
There are women who choose to deliver a rape baby and give it up for adoption or raise it on their own. I know a few stories of "rape babies" who were adopted and grew up to be productive citizens and grateful they were adopted.
But to answer your question, no one can blame any women who was raped for wanting an abortion even if she waited too long after the fact.
You say so, and yet many do just that. Many on just this forum alone. They even say that the MAP "causes abortions". In fact, there are some who believe abortion should not be allowed even to save a woman's life.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285760 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, Katie, what I will never understand is why the opposition gets ticked when we don't agree. Like racists who fume because I don't have a problem with white people and black people getting married and having kids.
I don't believe a fertilized egg is a baby. I don't. I can't. It's not logical. But, damned if that don't piss the other side off.
Because it's their way or the highway. They're control freaks. And there is simply no reasoning with them, they're like petulant children.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285761 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
This president often brings the ridicule upon himself.
Even his obedient mainstream media is beginning to nip at his heels.
But ridiculing and discussing the realities of his policies and their unintended - or intended - consequences aren't the same.
If you want to see ridiculing, tune in to Chris Matthews sometime.
Although you are anti-Obama your post is muddled.
First, you say Obama brings on ridicule. Then you differentiate between "ridicule" and "discussion".
So I agree. Obama bring ridicule on himself in Fox news; never discuission.
If you want discussion, you'll find it the main-stream media.
worships reality

United States

#285762 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did tell you.
I'm not a coward, and I don't lie.
Sorry, but I HAVE "gotten away" with it. Take it or leave it, I don't care. You are meaningless.
the "irrelevant" excuse is unacceptable. if it were a legitimate excuse you would have used it when you were asked your personal opinion of a woman's right to choose. you didn't.
the "real" reason. what is it?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285763 Feb 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
the "irrelevant" excuse is unacceptable. if it were a legitimate excuse you would have used it when you were asked your personal opinion of a woman's right to choose. you didn't.
the "real" reason. what is it?
I gave you both reasons, and told you to take your pick. And you'll have to accept them. You have no choice. Throw all the little temper tantrums you like, you're meaningless. And powerless. Deal with it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285764 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again? You have yet to prove I said anything.
Whether or not I have such a line is completely irrelevant. It forms no part of my arguments in this debate.
Sweetie, I don't have to prove anything and the fact that you don't dispute what I said satisfies me that you don't have a line. I was talking to someone else anyway.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285765 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, I don't have to prove anything and the fact that you don't dispute what I said satisfies me that you don't have a line. I was talking to someone else anyway.
But the fact remains that you don't "know", which was your claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,231,961
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 48 min Simply Patsy 19,917
News Homicides in Baltimore up 40% 6 hr Bam 2
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 6 hr Bam 584
Neggir president 9 hr Bam 2
News Baltimore march shows protesters have more on t... 10 hr Bam 3
News Let Freedom Ring 12 hr reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]