Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285682 Feb 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Again, at 4 inches, its not a baby. Sorry Inkstain.
You shouldn't call someone else deliberately stupid if you insist on being deliberately ignornant.

I've posted links you ignored or dismissed proving you are.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285683 Feb 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO You've sucked up that long denounced fake like pablum.
No, the 3 month fetus is NOT a human being. Sorry. Its a fetus.
"Richard Berkowitz, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, described the film as "factually misleading and unfair". John Hobbins of the Yale School of Medicine called the film's use of special effects deceptive, a form of "technical flimflam." He pointed out that the film of the ultrasound is initially run at slow speed, but that it is sped up when surgical instruments are introduced to give the impression that "the fetus is thrashing about in alarm." Hobbins questioned the titular "scream", noting that "the fetus spends lots of time with its mouth open", that the "scream" may have been a yawn, and also that "mouth" identified on the blurry ultrasound in the film may in fact have been the space between the fetal chin and chest.
Fetal development experts argued that, contrary to Nathanson's assertion in the film, a fetus cannot perceive danger or make purposeful movements. David Bodian, a neurobiologist at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, stated that doctors had no evidence that a twelve-week-old fetus could feel pain, but noted the possibility of a reflex movement by a fetus in response to external stimuli such as surgical instruments. The size of the ultrasound image and of the fetus model used was also misleading, appearing to show a fetus the size of a full-term baby, while in actuality a twelve-week-old fetus is under two inches long."
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...
Experts discussing Silent Scream determined long ago it was fake.
http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0541.htm
"In fact, asserts neurologist and neuroscientist Dr. Dominick Purpura, former dean of the Stanford University School of Medicine, and current dean at Albert Einstein School of Medicine, before the 28th week of development the cortex lacks sufficient axons, dendrites and synapses to sustain the processes of thought, feeling and awareness the documentary deems necessary for "personhood."
THis is a VERY interesting article about the physchology of the film, and the idiots its meant to reach:
http://www.violence.de/prescott/humanist/abor...
It pains me to say this only because you are a fellow American, but that is what Nazi guards must have thought to rationalize sending Jewish children to the gas chambers.

They, too, had been brainwashed to believe they were not human beings.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285684 Feb 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO You've sucked up that long denounced fake like pablum.
No, the 3 month fetus is NOT a human being. Sorry. Its a fetus.
"Richard Berkowitz, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, described the film as "factually misleading and unfair". John Hobbins of the Yale School of Medicine called the film's use of special effects deceptive, a form of "technical flimflam." He pointed out that the film of the ultrasound is initially run at slow speed, but that it is sped up when surgical instruments are introduced to give the impression that "the fetus is thrashing about in alarm." Hobbins questioned the titular "scream", noting that "the fetus spends lots of time with its mouth open", that the "scream" may have been a yawn, and also that "mouth" identified on the blurry ultrasound in the film may in fact have been the space between the fetal chin and chest.
Fetal development experts argued that, contrary to Nathanson's assertion in the film, a fetus cannot perceive danger or make purposeful movements. David Bodian, a neurobiologist at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, stated that doctors had no evidence that a twelve-week-old fetus could feel pain, but noted the possibility of a reflex movement by a fetus in response to external stimuli such as surgical instruments. The size of the ultrasound image and of the fetus model used was also misleading, appearing to show a fetus the size of a full-term baby, while in actuality a twelve-week-old fetus is under two inches long."
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...
Experts discussing Silent Scream determined long ago it was fake.
http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0541.htm
"In fact, asserts neurologist and neuroscientist Dr. Dominick Purpura, former dean of the Stanford University School of Medicine, and current dean at Albert Einstein School of Medicine, before the 28th week of development the cortex lacks sufficient axons, dendrites and synapses to sustain the processes of thought, feeling and awareness the documentary deems necessary for "personhood."
THis is a VERY interesting article about the physchology of the film, and the idiots its meant to reach:
http://www.violence.de/prescott/humanist/abor...
From your last link, Foo.

"It was concluded from the above data that the anti-abortion ideology did not reflect compassion and respect for human life but, rather, an ideology of authoritarian control over the personal lives of individuals that included violent means of human oppression."

That's exactly how I view the PLM and its followers.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285685 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Witless. I was responding to your last sentence. Do you "know" that I have no "line in the sand"?
Because you have said so. Don't you remember? Maybe you have changed your mind.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285686 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
That mentality is the problem. Too many liberals are much too eager to determine someone's "relevance" or not. If deemed irrelevent, i.e. disagree with them on morally controversial issues, proceed to go about destroying them in one way or another.
This is a characteristic in uncivilized societies and tyranical regimes. Millions have been deemed "irrelevent" throughout history.
You think liberals are trying to destroy you?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285687 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was the mother's call. I was trying to get her opinion on the subject.Like if she has any line in the sand. I know Bitner doesn't have one.
There should be a law saying no abortion after ??? Two months? Three months?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#285688 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Contraception is the better of the two evils considering human nature is part of the equation and, unfortunately, casual sex has become the norm.
Contraception is evil? I bet sex is evil in your world unless it's done how you please, also.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285689 Feb 22, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you workng to accomplish that goal, other than posting here?
I do believe society coming to grips with the carnage of abortion has to happen one person at a time.

Sometimes the issue seems too mountainous to climb. But if people who are physically handicapped can climb Mt. Everest, surely we as a civilized nation can overcome this mountain one step at a time.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285690 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It pains me to say this only because you are a fellow American, but that is what Nazi guards must have thought to rationalize sending Jewish children to the gas chambers.
They, too, had been brainwashed to believe they were not human beings.
A fertilized egg is not a baby. You are free to believe it is.

What do you think should be done with all the tens of thousands of frozen embryos that no one has plans for?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#285691 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an outlet. If I can convince just one person that abortion is barbaric and must be stopped and if they convince one person, etc., that's reason enough for me to continue speaking out.
So, it's mostly for you to vent, post misinformation and lies & then cower when you're called out on your BS; got it!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285692 Feb 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have said so. Don't you remember? Maybe you have changed your mind.
Did I? When? What were my exact words? Let's see a link.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285693 Feb 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
From your last link, Foo.
"It was concluded from the above data that the anti-abortion ideology did not reflect compassion and respect for human life but, rather, an ideology of authoritarian control over the personal lives of individuals that included violent means of human oppression."
That's exactly how I view the PLM and its followers.
They want to force us to believe what they believe because they believe it. No different than forcing someone to paricipate in religious rituals when they don't subscribe to the religion.

Why don't they understand you can't force beliefs?

Like, I'll never convert to Catholicism or Hinduism. It's not gonna happen. Even if they tortured me, they'd likely get the answers they want, but that doesn't mean I'm converted.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285695 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe society coming to grips with the carnage of abortion has to happen one person at a time.
Sometimes the issue seems too mountainous to climb. But if people who are physically handicapped can climb Mt. Everest, surely we as a civilized nation can overcome this mountain one step at a time.
I don't think your rhetoric on topix is going to change anyone's mind. Because even if abortion were illegal, it would still happen.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285696 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You think liberals are trying to destroy you?
Happens all the time just on here. Character assassination is destroying and marginalizing. Seems to be their operatus modi.

A big reason this president is still sitting in the Oval Office.

They are now going to hone in on Marco Rubio. Watch and see the 'lean mean liberal machine' try and destroy him before 2016.

They won't argue his principles. They will go after his character.

Doesn't even have to be something they can prove or even the truth. They have a big bullhorn - the mainstream media.
someoneuknow

Akron, OH

#285697 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I? When? What were my exact words? Let's see a link.
Still here lyin' and pretending to be some smartass know it all. Go slither back into your hole. Aborting your child at 27 weeks is MURDER AND ABOMINABLE. Everbody here needs to know you did this. I KNOW even though you deny knowing me, you DO! You LIE!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285698 Feb 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
True Story:
There was an elderly man living downtown in a populous city of California. One morning the old man noticed a strange odor hanging in the still air of the city. The air made him sick as he struggled to identify this all-too-familiar oder. It was with horror that he quickly remembered - the burning of human flesh. As a victim and survivor of the Holocaust, he would never forget the crematoriums. And now, again, he was reminded of the burning of human bodies - from the remains of the city's abortion clinic.
Many years have come & gone since the Nazi Holocaust. While the world stood by, quite silently, millions of innocent human beings were put to death by an intelligent, educated & sophisticated society. History is now in the terrible process of repeating itself.
_____
_____
(Thanks foo & grumpy!! Your ancestors appreciate it!! <End Sarcasm>)
Are they building gas chambers? There are worse ways to go.

So if you live near a crematory, you will smell burning flesh? I passed one a few weeks ago and I didn't smell anything.

While the world stood by.....What were they supposed to do? Go to war over a few thousand people?
worships reality

United States

#285699 Feb 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about the law. Why I'm pro-choice is very relevant when I'm asked why. You moron.
How I feel about either choice is not relevant to anything.
Deal with it.
first you say I said you were confused, now you say I claimed you said something about the law. is lying a compulsion with you?
you could not have been asked why you were pro choice unless you had first volunteered that you were pro choice. your personal opinion regarding choice is irrelevant to anyone but you. same as your personal opinion regarding abortion is irrelevant. yet you tell us your personal opinion on choice every chance you get and refuse to divulge your personal opinion on abortion on the grounds it is irrelevant.
you expend a lot of energy lying and avoiding answering. it's amusing.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285700 Feb 22, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
A fertilized egg is not a baby. You are free to believe it is.
What do you think should be done with all the tens of thousands of frozen embryos that no one has plans for?
Are you even trying to pay attention? A fertilized egg begins to morph into a human being within the first five weeks.

The fetus begins to develop its brain, heart, spinal cord and digestive system. By the fifth week, it grows arm and leg buds and the heart has developed a regular rhythm. The eyes and ears are also developing and the baby's major organs have formed.

By the sixth week, the bones are forming and facial features become more distinct. By the end of the 11th week, the baby has formed genitalia and the head has grown to nearly half its entire body size.

What part of being a human being don't you understand?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285701 Feb 22, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be a law saying no abortion after ??? Two months? Three months?
I'm not talking about laws. We already have them. I'm talking about if certain individuals believe whether or not they believe there is a point that a mother should have not kill her unborn baby.
someoneuknow

Akron, OH

#285702 Feb 22, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you even trying to pay attention? A fertilized egg begins to morph into a human being within the first five weeks.
The fetus begins to develop its brain, heart, spinal cord and digestive system. By the fifth week, it grows arm and leg buds and the heart has developed a regular rhythm. The eyes and ears are also developing and the baby's major organs have formed.
By the sixth week, the bones are forming and facial features become more distinct. By the end of the 11th week, the baby has formed genitalia and the head has grown to nearly half its entire body size.
What part of being a human being don't you understand?
They are STUPID. They KILL! They will be punished for it. It's a baby, you are right! Only thing you got wrong is that it starts turning into a baby immediately. The cells divide upon fertilization.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min RoxLo 1,252,088
News Freddie Gray youth center, mentors aim to prote... 56 min Typical Black Hero 2
News 7 great reasons to visit Baltimore this summer 1 hr Banana 2
Thank You Black People! 1 hr Slaeticus 7
News Give Baltimoreans a voice in fixing police-comm... 1 hr Why Do Ducks Quack 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr No Justice 20,064
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 17 hr concerned American 628
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages