Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
268,241 - 268,260 of 305,088 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
At week 14 of pregnancy:
~the thyroid gland has matured, the baby begins producing hormones which will be used throughout his or her life.
~In boys, the prostate gland develops.
~In girls, the ovaries move from the abdomen to the pelvis.
~The baby may being sucking its thumb.
~The baby's bones are getting harder and stronger.
Does it really matter how small it is?
No it doesn't. It is the same disposed of baby at 4 inchs or 6 inches or 16 inches.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Testimony of David Brewer, MD, former Abortion Provider

"Meet the Abortion Providers" workshop.

"I can remember that day watching the first abortion with the resident doctor sitting down and putting the tube in and removing the contents, and I saw the bloody material coming down the plastic tube and it went into a big jar. The first one. I'd never seen one before. I didn't know what to expect. Well, it was my job afterwards to go undo the jar and see what was inside. It was kind of neat, learning about a new experience. I wasn't a Christian; I didn't have any views on abortion; I was in a training program; this was a brand-new experience. I was going to get to see a new procedure and learn, and that was exciting.

And it got more exciting as I opened the jar and took the little piece of stockinette and opened that little bag, and the resident doctor said, now put it on that blue towel and check it out. We want to make sure that we got it all. I thought, oh, that will be exciting hands-on experience, looking at tissue. And I opened the sock up and I put it on the towel and there were parts in there of a person. I'd taken anatomy; I was a medical student; I knew what I was looking at. There was a little scapula and an arm and I saw some ribs and a chest, and I saw a little tiny head, and I saw a piece of a leg, and I saw a tiny hand, and I saw an arm. You know, it was like somebody put a hot poker into me. I believe that God gives us all a conscience and I wasn't a Christian, but I had a conscience and that hurt.

I checked it out and there were two arms and two legs and one head, etc., and I turned and said, I guess you got it all. That was a very hard experience for me to go through, emotionally. But here I was with no real convictions caught in the middle.

So I did what a lot of us do throughout our life, we don't do anything. I didn't talk with anybody about it. I didn't talk with my folks about it. I didn't think about it. I did nothing, and do you know what happened? I got to see another abortion.

That one hurt, too. But I didn't do anything again and kept seeing abortions, and do you know what? It hurt a little bit less every time I saw one."

---

This is how it is stopped. One person's change of heart at a time.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an outlet. If I can convince just one person that abortion is barbaric and must be stopped and if they convince one person, etc., that's reason enough for me to continue speaking out.
How are you workng to accomplish that goal, other than posting here?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. It is the same disposed of baby at 4 inchs or 6 inches or 16 inches.
It has the same characteristics as any baby. A fetus is only in the early developmental stages.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Meth is a dangerous drug; law can be used to protect the public safety.

Depending on the state, a woman might well be able to abort right up until birth. Are you under the delusion that women will endure over 8 months of pregnancy just to call it of at the last second? Few doctors would perform it at that point due to the increased dangers of aborting in the 8th month.

It's a baby when it is born alive.
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not very popular to make or smoke meth, so why does the gov step all over the rites of others to do so?
Plus why can a woman not kill the unborn child up till birth?
Have we become so shallow, that only when it starts looking like a baby, is it a baby?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen it.
You didn't imagine that you were the first to think of posting it, did you? LOL.
What's the funny part?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've seen it and still think a 3 month fetus is a non-human?
You saw with your own eyes a developing baby clearly in distress as it was being ripped apart in the womb and sucked out?
Have you become so hardened that you can dismiss and justify this as anything but barbaric?
I have never said a fetus at any stage is "a non-human".

What I see in that film is reflexive movement only. The fetus at that stage is incapable of anything else. Someone who claims to be a nurse should know human anatomy and physiology better than this.

Yes, I dismiss your melodrama, and ignorance of the facts. I have no need to justify anything to you. You don't matter. No medical procedure is your business if you're not having it done to you.

Again, did you SERIOUSLY think you were the only one aware of this film? That NO OTHER anti-choicer had ever thought to post about it? You must think your fellow fetus worshippers are pretty damned stupid, huh?
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I made the comment the other night that many times prolifers are their own worst enemy.
My father used to tell me that you can either be part of the problem or part of the solution-it seems to me that helping to prevent pregnancy lowers the abortion rate.
Come down from your pedestal.

There is a direct relationship between Planned Parenthood promoting sex & dispensing contraception, and the number of abortions it performs.

Planned Parenthood performed all-time record number of abortions in 2011.

Pay attention.

Again.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not satisfied with his prolife efforts, Sue.

Are you back in "Prolife Queen" campaign mode?

Again?

^^^ Look-At-Me Sue ^^^
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less what militant anti-choice imbeciles like you have "problems" with. The FACT remains that the ONLY person to make a decision about a pregnancy is the WOMAN who is pregnant.
Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required. And NO woman has to stay pregnant, give birth, and become a mother (or have more children) unless she WANTS to do so. Don't like it? Too bad. It's not YOUR decision to make.
Is there any point at which you believe that a mother should not be allowed to kill her unborn baby?
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>You're mom took after granny, you remember, the slut puppy?
My mom & dad were virgins until married.

So, I guess that makes you wrong.

Again.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>You're mom took after granny, you remember, the slut puppy?
After your mom died in a fire, your dad no longer wanted to be a dad. He gave you up for adoption at age 4.

So, that happened..........
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, just think of all the millions of "sociopaths" roaming the earth freely. They're teaching your kids, tending to your medical needs, protecting your community, wearing American uniform, etc. Oh, the horror! Lol
Many post-abortive mothers are remorseful and have reconciled & reformed their lives.

Only sociopaths like you go on an abortion forum daily - futily trying to justify the evil act you committed against your own baby.

Misery loves company; but, you lost some of your 'company' because those mothers actually have consciences.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any point at which you believe that a mother should not be allowed to kill her unborn baby?
There HAS to be a cut-off date. A doctor should make that call.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the funny part?
That she presented this as though none of us have seen it before, like SHE was the only anti-choicer to think of it, and was going to be the one to convince us all.

You know, I get the feeling that you were under the stupid impression I was laughing at the film. Which is typical of you, Witless.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have are lies and nonsense. A big fat nothing. Let me know when you're capable of providing an accurate description of me and my motives.
Katiekins: "All you have are lies and nonsense. A big fat nothing."

Based on the aggrogate sentiments from your posts, my opinon of you stands: prudish, self-centered, narcissitic sociopath.

Again, based on your posts from year-to-year, no other conclusion is possible.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
After your mom died in a fire, your dad no longer wanted to be a dad. He gave you up for adoption at age 4.
So, that happened..........
Some parents do horrible things to their children and their fragile emotions.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That she presented this as though none of us have seen it before, like SHE was the only anti-choicer to think of it, and was going to be the one to convince us all.
You know, I get the feeling that you were under the stupid impression I was laughing at the film. Which is typical of you, Witless.
Maybe she thought it was time to post it again. That's not funny.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not only for every idle word must man render an account, but for every idle silence." - St. Ambrose
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
There HAS to be a cut-off date. A doctor should make that call.
I thought it was the mother's call. I was trying to get her opinion on the subject.Like if she has any line in the sand. I know Bitner doesn't have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Incognito4Ever 1,079,963
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Samuel 18,546
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Wed IMGKNEE 121,137
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... Wed SnuffAGlobalist 2
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Wed true one 295
Baltimore Stands with Israel Wed informant 19
SnuffAGlobalist Jul 21 SnuffAGlobalist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••