Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309852 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285574 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Especially in a 14 week old fetus as she claimed, which would be less than 4 inches long. In a sealed container. OR a metal bowl with a towel over it, depends on the version she's lying about.
LOL
This is a 14-week old fetus.

http://www.pregnantpause.org/develop/liley14....

Carried it out in a bowl, left it in a utility room, came back and it was in a container of fluid.

There will be a quiz later.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285575 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think the taxpayers pay for a child in public school?
http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/06/21/155...
I really don't know. Public schools are inferior.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285576 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh, just think of all the millions of "sociopaths" roaming the earth freely. They're teaching your kids, tending to your medical needs, protecting your community, wearing American uniform, etc. Oh, the horror! Lol
Really. Wonder how many are on here? Hmm.

God knows I'm not one of them. Thank the lord.
Politically incorrect

Marcus Hook, PA

#285577 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? My mother was pro-choice.
Are you one of those morons who assume that all pro-choice women have abortions and never have kids?
are you one of those morons that think abortion is not murder and or a fetus is just a clump of cells with no life? Ill burn in hell happy knowing child killers are gonna be with me...scum
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285578 Feb 21, 2013
At week 14 of pregnancy:
~the thyroid gland has matured, the baby begins producing hormones which will be used throughout his or her life.
~In boys, the prostate gland develops.
~In girls, the ovaries move from the abdomen to the pelvis.
~The baby may being sucking its thumb.
~The baby's bones are getting harder and stronger.

Does it really matter how small it is?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285579 Feb 21, 2013
16 week x-ray of a fetus.

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

How can anyone condone destroying a developing human being?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285580 Feb 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Go live in some goddamn dictatorship where you might be able to grasp how that government works, because you are too damn dumb to comprehend this one.
<quoted text>
Temper, temper. These kinds of irrational outbursts are why we're in such big trouble.

The American people should have the right to vote on the legality of something so morally controversial.

I believe it is you who prefers a totalitarian system - the few leading the many.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#285581 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
All good reasons for education and cheap or free bc.
As you know, Sue, a lot of folks on the AC side think teaching how to avoid pregnancy and STDS causes more unintended pregnancy and STDs. So, they are staunchly against education. I know you're not one of them, but just in the last few weeks at least one AC poster on this thread has said as much.
I agree. I made the comment the other night that many times prolifers are their own worst enemy.

My father used to tell me that you can either be part of the problem or part of the solution-it seems to me that helping to prevent pregnancy lowers the abortion rate.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285582 Feb 21, 2013
The BBC recently reported that more and more doctors in the UK do not want to do abortions any more. The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says there has been a big rise in the number of doctors who are ‘conscientious objectors’, and the number of willing abortionists is dropping so rapidly that pro-choicers are complaining of an “abortion crisis.”
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285583 Feb 21, 2013
As director of the world's largest abortion clinic and the nation's most prominent abortionist, Dr. Bernard Nathanson presided over 60,000 abortions.

As co-founder of the National Abortion Rights Action League he helped make abortion legal.

Then, in a conversion that made headlines and astonished both sides of the abortion debate, he renounced his profession to become a pro-life advocate.

New ultrasound technology provided images, he said, that changed his mind about the morality of abortions. He performed his last such procedure in 1979 and became a high-profile anti-abortion lecturer and campaigner.

In the mid-1980s, Dr. Nathanson narrated "The Silent Scream," a film that shows the abortion of a three-month-old fetus in graphic detail.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285584 Feb 21, 2013
Watch if you can. The Silent Scream, an abortion of a 3 month fetus narrated by Dr. Bernard Nathanson.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285585 Feb 21, 2013
We have been far too ignorant for much too long.

Abortion on demand must be stopped.
Gtown71

United States

#285586 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
We have been far too ignorant for much too long.
Abortion on demand must be stopped.
The pro choice folks just discredit the silent scream guy, or the very woman, that WAS half of the R v W, it seems the pro choice folks only value the opinions of those who agree with them.

They believe in freedom of speech, as long as you're speaking "their " way.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#285587 Feb 21, 2013
Politically Incorrect wrote:
Abortion is filthy, disgusting, vile, murderous and damndable. Abortion should be murder and carry a 18yr min sentence. If your stupid enough to believe a group of scientists ''personal point of view'' that a fetus is not a life...you are an idiot, in complete denial, and hear what you want to hear just to quell your guilt and even that still does not work. You feel guilty whether you admit it or not, but scum like pro choice would never admit truth when they themselves cannot even face it. Call it like I see it...next caller!
The PROABORTION PAGANS REVERE ABORTION AS ONE OF THE CONROSTONES OF THEIR FAITH IN HTMESDELVES. THEY HATE THE IDEA OF A "FEMININE" WOMAN. THEY ARE INTO THE ENTIRE HIPPIE DYKE THING. THUS THE LOVE OF ABORTION AND PAGANISM.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#285588 Feb 21, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't say you were confused I said you were pusillanimous, which you are.
a woman's right to choose is the law of the land. how you feel about it is irrelevant to that fact. nevertheless you let us know every chance you get.
how you feel about abortion is equally irrelevant to a woman's right to choose yet you remain curiously mute on that subject.
I know I'm not the only one that enjoys watching you dance.
She is sadly pathetic. It is like watching a terrible auto accident, you should look away but you find yourself just starring in shock and disbelief.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#285589 Feb 21, 2013
Ladilulu wrote:
Hey everybody Foo is really a man. AND a Lutheran!
HaHa1 You got that right. Another chucky one at that.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#285590 Feb 21, 2013
Politically incorrect wrote:
<quoted text> are you one of those morons that think abortion is not murder and or a fetus is just a clump of cells with no life? Ill burn in hell happy knowing child killers are gonna be with me...scum
Yes she is. They all are. They have claimed the unborn child is just like a nose full of snot. It is meaningless until its first breath. If it was on a bed but had not breathed yet, they would kill it wihout any reservations. They are insane. Raed what foo writes. Is that how a noraml sane person communicates?
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#285591 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
At week 14 of pregnancy:
~the thyroid gland has matured, the baby begins producing hormones which will be used throughout his or her life.
Beautiful and informative. Sadly, it is wasted on the proabrtion pagans. They will ridicule and mock you for the truth. They worship the culture of death. Their only gods are in the mirror. they are not real women but merely vessels of hate and dispare.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#285592 Feb 22, 2013
I really don't. Your claim that you saw fetal fingernails (which could not have been more than a millimeter long) from a crack in the door, means that you had to have been born on Krypton.
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go back and read more of the details that were posted ad nauseum. I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#285593 Feb 22, 2013
Not really, since it's still the woman's RIGHT not to be pregnant.

BTW--if it's a baby, it's also drowning in amniotic fluid, since babies are born and can breathe.
SapphireBlue wrote:
At week 14 of pregnancy:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,232,158
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 53 min Samuel-7g-Jackson 19,920
News O'Malley Invites Public to 'Special Announcement' 4 hr Winston 1
News It seems 'every day is Katrina' for Baltimore n... 12 hr Okay 1
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) 14 hr Petrolith 36
Capital sex offender free in Baltimore. 14 hr Sayyid Qutb 11
News A mom, a disabled son and a home that blazed am... 14 hr Cassie 1
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]