Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Forum

Hobbs, NM

#285379 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no verses about killing of innocence, babes in the mothers womb, etc, but even if God was for abortion, the bible is pretty clear about fornication, which is the number one reason for abortion. As far as christians -they are told to trust the Lord, and having an abortion because you don't feel "ready " or because of money, is doing everything but trusting in the Lord. The Bible is full of bad news for us sinners. Which is all of us, but it also tells us the wonderful news of how Gods only begotten Son, died for our sins, and all who put their faith and trust in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life :)
Why would God want you to kill what he has made?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285380 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's that they'll go to any lengths to legislate their personally held beliefs that is disconcerting, imo. That link of the photo shopped hodge-podge pics of dead embryos/fetuses, infants, pregnant women, Planned Parenthood, ultrasound pics, and etc.? Well it shows such a willingness for open manipulation (from either angle; being or doing). That these people are unable to separate these images, keep 'em in context, is disheartening. They might as well stick their spoons out and ask for more.
Obviously, she didn't even really look at the site she was offering as proof. It was from an anti-choice site, and that was good enough for her. When I got to the pic of the canine fetus, all I could do was roll my eyes.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285381 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She couldn't tell the difference between tap water and formaldehyde? Seriously? My mom, a former renal nurse back in the '70-'80s, well you could smell the difference just walking on her ward.
Your mother was right, you can smell it. It can make you dizzy too, without proper ventilation, which I doubt they had in a "storage closet". I remember getting dizzy in A&P when someone forgot to turn the fans on in the Lab, and we were dissecting. I had to go sit down for a few minutes in the hall.

The poster thought relating these "experiences" would lend authority to her arugments. Maybe she thought it would save her from having to admit that all her beliefs come from propaganda. That she automatically believes what she's told, and doesn't bother to check facts for herself, like the fact that Sanger was against abortion. Or that abortion is such a small fragment of what PP clinics do.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285382 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. Again. Abortion in Florida was not illegal in the years prior to RvW. In FACT, in 1972 - the year BEFORE Roe, the Fla supreme court allowed more permissive use of abortion. Oh and PLEASE DO ask me to prove this. It's fun for me to spotlight the stupidtiy of liars like you.
You're full of SHIT and have completely ruined whatever credibility you MIGHT have had with this nonsense.
Gee, wouldn't a nurse at that time have known that abortions were performed prior to RvW? And like I told her, they'd been disposing of the medical waste from spontaneous abortions already.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#285383 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, she didn't even really look at the site she was offering as proof. It was from an anti-choice site, and that was good enough for her. When I got to the pic of the fetus, all I could do was roll my eyes.
THE
BOOK OF PROVERBS.
CHAPTER 1.
17 But a net is spread in vain before the eyes of them
that have wings.

ST. JOHN.
CHAPTER 4
24 God is a spirit; and they that adore him,
must adore him in spirit and in truth.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285385 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like we have another nutter on board.
You shouldn't talk about yourself that way.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285386 Feb 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Jefferson wrote the DOI. The constitution was written by committee; jefferson wasn't even in the country at the time.
<quoted text>
John Q. Adams asked Thomas Jefferson to write the Declaration of Independence. AFTER he was finished a couple of them got together and reviewed it.

Jefferson was in Philadelphia at the time.

Where do you think Jefferson was?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285388 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The DID interpret, based upon the Constitution, and overturned what were unconstitutional laws. That is the SCOTUS's JOB.
Roe v wade straddled the fence between the 10th amendment and the 14th amendment. It didn't make a decision based on interpretation of the Constitution.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285389 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're - as usual - dead wrong.
I can tell you that the PP's in Baltimore that dont do abortions, refer to Johns Hopkins health clinic, or the Harbor Hospiatl clinic, as well as Sinai, Maryland General and Union Memorial. Further, in DC, Deleware and central VA, they're referred to HOSPITALS - NOT other PP's.
Did you read the story about the Gynecologist from Hopkins? Amazing...You should never go to a male Gynecologist.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285390 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, now you're just showing off :-)
Not only is he showing off, but he doesn't know what he is talking about. He just made that up.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285391 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. Again. Abortion in Florida was not illegal in the years prior to RvW. In FACT, in 1972 - the year BEFORE Roe, the Fla supreme court allowed more permissive use of abortion. Oh and PLEASE DO ask me to prove this. It's fun for me to spotlight the stupidtiy of liars like you.
You're full of SHIT and have completely ruined whatever credibility you MIGHT have had with this nonsense.
It was in 1975 when the hospital where I worked began performing "TPs", terminated pregnancies.

What's astonishing is more are upset about the container of fluid than the dead baby.

Had I not mentioned the container, the dead baby would have been a non-issue.

By the way, the container was sitting on a counter on the far side of a storage room. It would have been impossible to smell any kind of odor from the doorway where I stood not more than a few seconds.

But I will post something of interest that might clarify any confusion in my next post.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285392 Feb 21, 2013
Fetal tissue research is derived from legal abortions and is used for scientific research into fundamental biological processes and human development.

In 1975, such research was permitted if “conducted only in accordance with any applicable state or laws regarding such activities." (45 C.F.R. 46, Sec. 210).”

Scientists obtain fetal tissue for research purposes from a variety of sources including hospitals and, in some cases, abortion clinics.

Perhaps the aborted baby floating in that plastic containter was being preserved for this purpose.

I couldn't tell you for sure.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285393 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in 1975 when the hospital where I worked began performing "TPs", terminated pregnancies.
What's astonishing is more are upset about the container of fluid than the dead baby.
Had I not mentioned the container, the dead baby would have been a non-issue.
By the way, the container was sitting on a counter on the far side of a storage room. It would have been impossible to smell any kind of odor from the doorway where I stood not more than a few seconds.
But I will post something of interest that might clarify any confusion in my next post.
Isn't it funny how your story keeps changing? First, it was just a bucket, and you saw it "with your own eyes". Later, there was a "lid" you "didn't lift". And now, suddenly, it was "on the far side of the room" and you only stood in the doorway "for a few seconds". Are you still claiming you saw this with your "own eyes", a lidded bucket, up on a counter, from across the room, for a "few seconds"?

No one was "upset". We called you on your lies, that's all.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285394 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
Fetal tissue research is derived from legal abortions and is used for scientific research into fundamental biological processes and human development.
In 1975, such research was permitted if “conducted only in accordance with any applicable state or laws regarding such activities." (45 C.F.R. 46, Sec. 210).”
Scientists obtain fetal tissue for research purposes from a variety of sources including hospitals and, in some cases, abortion clinics.
Perhaps the aborted baby floating in that plastic containter was being preserved for this purpose.
What you are citing is a 10th amendment application. The 10th amendment is a states rights amendment. Other parts of Roe v. Wade cite the 14th amendment.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285395 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet last night you claimed it was right after RvW which was 1973.
Who said anything about any odor? But good point, since last night you claimed you CARRIED IT THERE.

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

PLEASE do keep lying! Its fun to watch!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285396 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
Perhaps? You couldn't tell "for sure"? Well, you certainly told us that you were told it would be "thrown out with the other hospital garbage" before.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, huh? You are digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole, and guess what? You're STILL not fooling anyone here.

Location hidden

#285397 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
**sighs** They would not be putting fetal tissue in formaldehyde if its for tissue study you MORON.

ROFLMAO!! This is RICH!

Location hidden

#285398 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how your story keeps changing? First, it was just a bucket, and you saw it "with your own eyes". Later, there was a "lid" you "didn't lift". And now, suddenly, it was "on the far side of the room" and you only stood in the doorway "for a few seconds". Are you still claiming you saw this with your "own eyes", a lidded bucket, up on a counter, from across the room, for a "few seconds"?
No one was "upset". We called you on your lies, that's all.
ANd then it was a metal bowl too, can't forget that!

ROFLMAO! Isn't this some funny shit?? LOLOL
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285399 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, she didn't even really look at the site she was offering as proof. It was from an anti-choice site, and that was good enough for her. When I got to the pic of the canine fetus, all I could do was roll my eyes.
Bitner, back in late 2006, early 2007 I read how a truck with medical specimens headed for a research lab was run off the road and the specimens stolen. Turns out not long after, those photo-shopped pics of fetal remains next to dimes started appearing. Not remembering if anyone was prosecuted, but do believe Operation Rescue was suspected or had suspected involvement.

I saw that canine fetus, the ears so high on the head you couldn't miss it. Was trying last night to remember what psychologists call it when you put up random pics next to each other and the mind creates a story that seems to make sense. All subjective and pure manipulation. That SB has fallen for it is no surprise. She's probably using a big ol' serving spoon to swallow that PLM-fed goop.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285400 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mother was right, you can smell it. It can make you dizzy too, without proper ventilation, which I doubt they had in a "storage closet". I remember getting dizzy in A&P when someone forgot to turn the fans on in the Lab, and we were dissecting. I had to go sit down for a few minutes in the hall.
The poster thought relating these "experiences" would lend authority to her arugments. Maybe she thought it would save her from having to admit that all her beliefs come from propaganda. That she automatically believes what she's told, and doesn't bother to check facts for herself, like the fact that Sanger was against abortion. Or that abortion is such a small fragment of what PP clinics do.
I used to go to work with my mom as a child and a teen. I could smell the formaldehyde myself. Not to mention my mom would come home smelling of it most days, too. There's no way anyone would mistake formaldehyde with tap water. No way in he11! That poster is her own worst enemy.

You're right, she isn't checking facts and just repeating propaganda as if it were truth when we know better. But why she wants to help blindly shut down PP and any other organization that helps women is beyond imagination. She's just a fetus worshipper, imo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,220,137
Police Rough Rides: Deliberate Harm to Mr Gray ... 6 hr Minneserable 2
Baltimore Md Social Security Admin Can Stop Pro... 7 hr American_Military 12
How About Stop Black on Black Murders? 8 hr Minneserable 5
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 8 hr Minneserable 15
Choosing a Restaurant for Dinner 11 hr Hungry Women 1
News Best Movies Filmed In Baltimore 12 hr Samantha 1
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]