Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311625 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285198 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I speak to 2 atheist quite often, and both will talk religion. One knows more bible then most christians, the other doesn't , and yes he even hates god! Or hates the idea of god and religion, becouse he hope we will all die out, so that the world can get better. Lol
I'm just telling you how I was.
I didn't believe in God and thought if you did, then you were an idiot!
I also wanted nothing to do with church. I would go once every 2 years or so, just to shut up my wife, but that was horrible and grueling. Since I was saved, I've realized, that many lost folks don't mind church at all, or atleast they go.
10 years after I was saved, a man that had beesen comming to the church for 10 years prior to me showing up, got saved on night.
He had went to church for over 20 years. During "meet and greet " he would always smile and shake hands, if you went to him, but after he got saved he was all over the church during that time hugging folks, it is amazing to truly see someone:) come out of a bunch of dry dead works religion garbage, into a Real relationship with a Real God!!!
My point stands. Your descriptions of yourself as an "Atheist" bear no resemblance to the reality of Atheism. They are what an Evangelical Christian BELIEVES, without any real knowledge, that Atheists believe, feel, think and do. You were never one.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285199 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Every bible-believing church on the planet uses contributions on the part of its members for community outreach.
It's a big part of what churches do. Protestants and Catholics alike. Much to their credit, the Catholic Church focuses very much of their resources on the poor and providing comfort and shelter.
Food pantries, benevolence funds, reaching those in need and offering hope is a good thing, isn't it?
They also have to pay the bills too, of course. Most church members would rather worship out of the heat, rain and cold. Souls are saved because churches open their doors to anyone.
I was replying to your post that economics is the basis for Planned Parenthood's existance by showing that it affects conversely other institutions. Just putting your post in its proper perspective as nonsense.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#285200 Feb 20, 2013
I'm 54 and have never seen this deity you say exists. By your logic, he doesn't exists, right?

You think anmals go to coffee shops?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm 42, and I've never seen a gay animal yet.
I have seen male and female birds, dogs, cats, ducks, deer, armadilos, rabbits, people, and MOST of them had a goal, TO REPRODUCE, NOT KILL THEIR BABY, so that they can go to the coffee shop whenever they please.
And again, I'll show you plenty of what God thinks about abortion, when you tell me, if you agree with sto on those verses.
I believe you want to be as honest as possible, and are having a hard time with this.
If a pro choice person says something right, I'll amen them. Even though it really makes some mad. Lol
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285201 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, stop being dumb.
I asked for proof that all PP clinics that don't perform abortions only refer women to other PP clinics.
We both know you have none, hence this avoidance of the question.
Like I said earlier, you're unarmed here, and can only hurt the arguments. The other poster is having enough trouble as it is, without adding your stupidity to the mix.
You have no common sense and can't add two and two. Logic says, if you can't have an abortion here in this PP clinic you will go to another where they do them.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285202 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I was talking about prevention being the best cure for abortion. Like Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood.
She and I both apparently share common sense.
Yes but she initially was trying to prevent 'undesirables' from having children.
Gtown71

United States

#285203 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my point. Saying one is a Christian while they reek of rotten fruit is clear evidence they are not.
I watched a documentary last night about the Spaniards' treatment of the Indians and their cruelty to them in the name of "Christianity" in search of riches. It almost made me ill. Couldn't even finish watching it.
So it was fresh on my mind. It is true that some come to know the truth out of a fear of hell, so there's nothing wrong with that or even reminding them that this is a distinct possibility.
We both agree that we are all part of one body but with different functions and Christ is the head of that body.
So no worries, I hope, and it's all good.
Yes it is all good, and I do pray what I say and how I say it, is used for Gods glory, and what is not is done away with. If I do go to far you will know it, becouse I will be apologizing again. Lol

The reason I told guppy what I did, was after she said God watches abortion and laughs.
That with other comments let me know she has no clue.
When someone is headed off a cliff, they need someone to scream at the if possible.

I met a young man in bruce ms. A few years ago, that was quite and kept to himself. He was about 19 yo, and I helped him fix his car, and told myself I wouldn't tell him about God just yet, untill I get him to know me, and then.
I was excited to see him, the very next week, as he worked at one of the stores I called on.
I arrived to find out his cousin had just got out of prison, and stabbed him to death for money.

I no longer wait to tell people, when I feel I should.
His name was andrew

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#285204 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking spiritualy, but I am glad to know you still have you physical dad!!
Although my life has had it's good points. I've saved lots of money on B -day and other gifts :)
Yes, I know what you meant and no, my dad is dead. He's still my dad and still awesome.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#285205 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
We danced this dance last night. There's no question Sanger was strongly against abortion and promoted contraception instead. Something Planned Parenthood, the organization she started, should be doing a heck of a lot more of.
But she did publish a pamphlet, Family Limitation, where in her own words she said:“If you are going to have an abortion, make up your mind to it in the first stages, and have it done. On the other hand, there is often a feeling of the strongest desire to continue with the pregnancy. It is for each woman to decide this for herself, but act at once, whichever way you decide.”
I did not make a false claim.
Actually, I was quite shocked Margaret Sanger and I were on the same page emphasizing knowledge and prevention instead of abortion.
So far, the majority of your claims are full of BS.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285206 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I was talking about prevention being the best cure for abortion. Like Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood.
Knowing what causes pregnancy is not common sense. That's been explored.
Knowing that the rails that you saw don't meet has not been explored. That's common sense.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285207 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no common sense and can't add two and two. Logic says, if you can't have an abortion here in this PP clinic you will go to another where they do them.
"Commons sense" is not proof. It's what someone says when they have no proof.

I already knew you did not.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#285208 Feb 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another rant from the whiny militant religionist. YAWN.
He either didn't read your post or didn't understand it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285210 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
We danced this dance last night. There's no question Sanger was strongly against abortion and promoted contraception instead. Something Planned Parenthood, the organization she started, should be doing a heck of a lot more of.
But she did publish a pamphlet, Family Limitation, where in her own words she said:“If you are going to have an abortion, make up your mind to it in the first stages, and have it done. On the other hand, there is often a feeling of the strongest desire to continue with the pregnancy. It is for each woman to decide this for herself, but act at once, whichever way you decide.”
I did not make a false claim.
Actually, I was quite shocked Margaret Sanger and I were on the same page emphasizing knowledge and prevention instead of abortion.
Yes, you did make the false claims that I mentioned.

You were "shocked", because you'd never bothered to do the necessary research before. You simply believed whatever flawed source you are still reluctant to name.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#285211 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing "common knowledge" with "common sense".
Literally they might seem the same. But figuratively they are not.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285212 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Commons sense" is not proof. It's what someone says when they have no proof.
I already knew you did not.
Either they refer them to a clinic that does abortions or they don't help the woman get what she wants. Isn't PP there to 'help' women have a choice. Not referring them wouldn't be 'helpful'. Would it? I know it's hard but try to make sense.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#285213 Feb 20, 2013
So now paternity can be changed retroactively? Wait'll Maury finds out...
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The devil is the father of all who are not a child of God, so perhaps you should get more candles for my ex father / your current father for his fathers day cake.
He can be fun at times in this life, and sometimes not so much, but I hear he is Hell to spend eternity with.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#285215 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
What a different world this would be if everyone tried to apply it.
You're very right.
Ink is right

United States

#285216 Feb 20, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The abortions are simply referred to another PP clinic that does perform them. It's all in the family.
Of course. Abortion is very lucrative for PP. It is where they make their most money. Pushing the abortion alternative is in PP's best financial interest. Bitner knows that. She is just playing stupid. Which is not very difficult for her.
Gtown71

United States

#285217 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My point stands. Your descriptions of yourself as an "Atheist" bear no resemblance to the reality of Atheism. They are what an Evangelical Christian BELIEVES, without any real knowledge, that Atheists believe, feel, think and do. You were never one.
Glad YOU know what I was. Lol

Location hidden

#285220 Feb 20, 2013
zach wrote:
<quoted text>Stop with the ethical crap pal....you're no better than anyone else ya dope....
You seem defensive.

Location hidden

#285221 Feb 20, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You drank sonme bad pagan wisdon juice at the last skyclad my friend. I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about.
Sure you do Tom Tom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Slade surfer Thom... 1,419,250
News The Collapse of the Freddie Gray Case Leaves an... 1 hr Bloodonhishands 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Hipocrit 20,505
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage (Apr '15) Fri mableS769 67
legit Research Chemicals Vendor (Sep '13) Aug 25 Badguyforever 39
News Stateville gets new lease on life as Pontiac pr... (May '08) Aug 24 lockemup 54
News Veterans get ALS disability (Jul '08) Aug 24 Sjpowers 30

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages