Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
267,501 - 267,520 of 305,386 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, just the religious groups. It was great.
Yes, I was talking about religious groups. We don't get people like that. Thank god!
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
**sighs** You asked what we were personally against paying for with our taxes. I answered. Now keep twisting, or take the answer for what it was. One of MANY things I dont like my taxes going for, that I accept as part of living in the USA.
National security is a given. Like roads and police protection. Ridding the world of a threat to civilization when the opportunity arises is also a given. It serves us all.

Abortions are by and large a result of bad choices. It serves only the ones who made them.

No comparison.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I think God not only concerns Himself with us turning away from Him, but also away from each other. One of our highest callings is to be of service to others.
The two greatest commandments are to love God with all our hearts and minds and to love each other as ourselves.

It's all about love.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a pregnancy test is not an abortion. What was your point again? Maybe I should just refer to the Conservative American Handbook.
You didn't read how PP crunches the numbers in its entirety.

The bottom line was one in three visited Planned Parenthood for a pregnancy test, and of those, a little under one in three had a Planned Parenthood abortion.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming majority of abortions are in the first trimester. 97%. And no, you're NOT wrong, but that overwhelming number isn't likely to change even WITH more restrictive legislation. The SC has affirmed and reaffirmed time and again the legality and freedom women have to make that decision UNFETTERED in the first trimester.
For MOST of us, we want more comprehensive education in schools and earlier so kids dont grow up as ignorant of their choices and options for PREVENTING pregancy. Sadly, some on your side want to restrict birth control and education as well.
It becomes a catch-22.
In REALITY, the discussions we're ALL having is about that 3% that's NOT in the majority.
You'd have to provide statistics that children as early as elementary ages being subjected to sex education has made any difference in the number of teen pregnancies.

Most of us figured out there was no mystery behind sex by the time we reached high school.

What's lacking is teaching responsibility and consequences.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said "actors"?
Those videos are highly edited, and often don't show what claims are made about them. Often there is no evidence that the person on camera is really an employee, or saying what's in the audio portion of those highly edited videos. You can't see the words being formed by the lips of the person being accused. I think I've seen ONE video where the woman clearly did say what she was being accused of. One. The only thing "clear" about the rest of them is that the person behind the camera has something they are desperate to prove, but that they mostly fall short of that. Doesn't stop them from claiming they have proof, though.
Personally, I think its hysterical they believe this crap. If it was a similar "video" showing the harassment of women going into clinics, they'd be screaming FOUL!
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't use the term, organizations. I spoke of programs. Example: the Waterboard program that Cheney liked so much. Hated it. The drone program that the Obama administration abuses is another. Hate it.
The list goes on.
You want conservative organizations that are funded by the government? Okay... What about private Christian schools, for one?
Yes, you did say programs. My mistake. Waterboarding was enhanced interrogations. Three bad guys got water up their noses.

I wouldn't call that a program.

Do you condone the accelerated drone program?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
There are three sides to the human condition, a triangle, if you will - the emotional side, the intellectual side and the spiritual side. All three are necessary to achieve a sense of balance, wholeness and well-being..
Pure garbage. BTW, you forgot physiological.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"And for MORE stupid shit, what "lifestyle" EXACTLY do those of us that are gay or lesbian live that would wipe out humanity dear?"
Aww, come on foo, you know what "lifestyle" they are talking about.... dating, falling in love, going to work, establishing a home, caring about and for another person, having children, adopting children, raising children, growing old together, etc....... What IS wrong with your kind?????
Yeah. Silly us, having a lifestyle that encompases all the love and caring that G-d intended for humanity.

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
I hope that everyone is reporting every post from MalbarCACA.
Awww Sue, you're ruining the only fun this nut has! <<grin>>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
National security is a given. Like roads and police protection. Ridding the world of a threat to civilization when the opportunity arises is also a given. It serves us all.
Abortions are by and large a result of bad choices. It serves only the ones who made them.
No comparison.
You didn't ask for a comparison you dumb thing - you asked what our taxes go to that we dont like.

Funny how you keep trying to change the discussion to reach YOUR desired goal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read how PP crunches the numbers in its entirety.
You didn't provide any proof that they do this. ALL you posted was anti-choice propaganda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to provide statistics that children as early as elementary ages being subjected to sex education has made any difference in the number of teen pregnancies.
Sure. No problem.

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications...

http://scholar.google.com/scholar...

This study concluded last year is a goodie:

http://journals.lww.com/ajnonline/Fulltext/20...
Most of us figured out there was no mystery behind sex by the time we reached high school.
If that was true, there wouldn't be so many unwanted teen pregnancies you moron.
What's lacking is teaching responsibility and consequences.
That's on the parents. And given the general level of ignorance in society regarding sex education, that's NOT shocking. When we have generations of ignorant young parents passing on their LACK of knowledge to their kids, its a recpie for disaster.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
There are three sides to the human condition, a triangle, if you will - the emotional side, the intellectual side and the spiritual side. All three are necessary to achieve a sense of balance, wholeness and well-being.
When one side is missing or out of align, it affects the other two in some way or another.
Instead of spirituality being a fine line from mental illness, mental illness is the result of an unbalanced triangle, spirituality being one of those sides.
Spirituality is not a human condition. I agree that it is a fine line from mental illness that occurs when emotion subdues intellect.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
There are three sides to the human condition, a triangle, if you will - the emotional side, the intellectual side and the spiritual side. All three are necessary to achieve a sense of balance, wholeness and well-being.
When one side is missing or out of align, it affects the other two in some way or another.
Instead of spirituality being a fine line from mental illness, mental illness is the result of an unbalanced triangle, spirituality being one of those sides.
Put this in context with your claim of being (feeling) freed through forgiveness of Jesus Christ (a man who may or may have not have lived over two thousand years ago) and what do you have? Balance or mental illness? What about your conscience and crossing other people's personal boundaries? That's what was being discussed.

PS I didn't see your comment regarding one man who has ties to Maximus, The Gerard Health Foundation, and Lila Rose. Maximus is the corporation running the Medicaid programs through privatization. They work with the Federal Gov't here and are now international.

Do you find that as alarming as the Affordable Health Care Act?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer confirms you are about as Christian as the other proabort pagans on this forum. You Sir, are no
Christan.
Who do you think are expecting tolerance from others while not extending it yourself?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

zach wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dicksmoking homo...doesn't it mean you plow each other in the azzhole like sick dogs you sick bastard?.....LMFAO
Looky here! This post sticks while my post telling Guppy I was chiding him/her didn't.

Go figure.

:|
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the physical. Your triangle is mis-shapen; your theories are archaic.
And that's just for starters, FFJ.
<still shaking my head>

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, LNM.
"Some dance to remember, some dance to forget..."
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, have you ever seen this one?
http://caw.org/content/...
It's long, but hilarious.
I think you're right about them "spreading the word". One day, my oldest son was doing yard work. A couple of young men, clearly Mormon, came up behind him. He had no idea they were there, until one said "Excuse me.". Well, DS jumped, spun, and yelled "Holy Fuck!", he was so startled. LOL, I was watching from the window. They stepped back, but then gamely went into their spiel. After a few, my son said "Boy are you guys at the wrong house", and started to explain OUR religion to THEM. They left soon after, and then for years we didn't have any religious group at the door :)
LOLOL

What a view you had, Bitner :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore