Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
267,381 - 267,400 of 305,182 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ died for everyone.
Christians are just some of those "everyone ",that came to a place in their lives, where they realized that if there was a Real God, then they are in trouble, and accept by faith that Jesus is who He said He was.
That is not an answer to my question. My question is:

If another Christian asked you why it was necessary Christ die for our sins, could you explain it to them?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a problem for me. Its a problem for you? Tough shit.
<quoted text>
But you're a liberal. Put yourself in someone else's shoes who is very much against their taxpayer dollars funding abortions.

Does that even matter to a liberal such as yourself?

Has democracy really declined to it's your way or no way?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it had EVERYTHING to do with the artifical womb discussion.
Doc opined that an artifical womb would create an atmosphere where abortion would be a non-issue.
I pointed out FACTUALLY, that unless women CHOSE to make use of that technology, abortion would still very much still be on the table.
ALL an ALS womb would be in that scenerio, is a new option for women who were considering abortion. It wouldn't make abortion a 'non-issue'.
Doc acknowledged the point.
This really wasn't a hard discussion to follow, yet you managed to screw it up. As usual.
AGAIN, you try to twist the discussion to suit your agenda.
You falied AGAIN as well Lynne. You always do.
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
~Appreciated.
Would it be fair to say your use of the "legal strict definition of viability" could become practically limitless, as medical technology advances.~

Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
~Theoretically I guess so. I believe even the SC in Casey vs PP acknowledged that the limits of viability were moving earlier in pregnancies as medical technology advanced.
But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.~

The discussion was about "artificial wombs" being in the sense of what STO had created a hypothetical about, when he suggested an 8 week fetus would be viable. Artifical womb being ALS of a fetus. USING an artificial womb would make viability and abortion a non-issue, which is what I understood Doc to be saying. I didn't understand him to mean "in general".

He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
No, but the police had a nice long talk with him. Why? If that how you get sex...anyone who knocks on the door?
<quoted text>
I would be willing to bet that if a cute guy came to your door selling something - you would get his name and number. Correct?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not an answer to my question. My question is:
If another Christian asked you why it was necessary Christ die for our sins, could you explain it to them?
If I may put my 2 cents worth in...

We were created sinless. Disobedience put a curse on mankind. It's like standing before a judge. Since God is a Holy God and cannot look upon sin, you committed the crime of sinning against him and your debt must be paid.

Jesus is like the judge's son who walks into the courtroom and says I'll pay the debt myself.

The judge accepts this as payment. He knows his son has decided you are worth being forgiven and because you are truly repentent. It's up to you to decide to accept the free offer or not. If you do, you're debt has been paid in full and you are free to walk sinless in the eyes of God. Even if you mess up and have to come before him again and ask for forgiveness. In God's eyes, it's like it never even happened. Refusing the offer is a personal choice as well. As is accepting the consequences.

If you ever come to a crossroads in your life where you want to be forgiven and your life has become hell on earth, you'll understand what this kind of freedom means.

Hope this helps. Always liked this analogy myself.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the more your kind try to interfere in others personal medical decisions the more YOU screw things up. Usually for yourselves.
<quoted text>
I'm all for genetic manipulation for the elimination of disorders and diseases. On a genetic level, I have no problem with it. Just as I have no issue with abortion because of genetic disorders and diseases. People aren't custom ordering babies. Now THAT is science fiction. Funny how you dont have a problem with that garbage huh?
<quoted text>
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sperm banks have been around for decades, and its never been an issue yet with literally hundreds of thousands of babies born with the help of them.
Grow up.
Guess it's all a matter of perspective. I see the unborn as being the most vulnerable once a woman who knew this was a distinct possibility creates it.

You see it as an inconvenience of irresponsible behavior.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Never was that more true in choosing to have unprotected sex.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're a liberal. Put yourself in someone else's shoes who is very much against their taxpayer dollars funding abortions.
Does that even matter to a liberal such as yourself?
Has democracy really declined to it's your way or no way?
There are more than one "democracy"s.
There is political democracy which we have. There is economic democracy which we don't have. We must have both, e.g. we don't have economic democracy if the availability of abortion depends on how much money it costs.
Conversely, Communist countries have economic democracy but don't have political democracy. Nobody's needs are ignored but you can't choose your own leaders.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sto, if you want to know if I want to learn from a person who says God is ok with abortion, and tries to use verses that say nothing about abortion, to back it up, then no, I don't want that kind of knowledge.
The Spirit of God dwells in all believers, and will lead them in into all truths.
He does that, through His power and His word, and if you don't think Gods Word is under attack, then just look at most "christian" book stores, and all the different versions.
Acts 8: 37 is one of my favorite verses to show how so many new versions have removed the verse entirely.
It could be, becouse it is one of tbe most important verses.
It could be becouse those who put more faith in baptizm, then God had influence on the versions.
It could be the god of this world, had an influence in those peoples lives.
KJV Acts Chapter 8:37

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

I'm willing to bet you have no clue what the significance of this chapter is. Who is Philip talking to? Why is it important you understand who he is teaching?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now try answering the question. Do you need it repeated?
"If another Christian asked you why it was necessary Christ die for our sins, could you explain it to them?"
My guess is you dont know. Pity that the Jewish girl knows more than you do about this.
See, Foo, you being Jewish probably know OT Law, which is key.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
We were created sinless. Disobedience put a curse on mankind. It's like standing before a judge. Since God is a Holy God and cannot look upon sin, you committed the crime of sinning against him and your debt must be paid.
Jesus is like the judge's son who walks into the courtroom and says I'll pay the debt myself.
The judge accepts this as payment. He knows his son has decided you are worth being forgiven and because you are truly repentent. It's up to you to decide to accept the free offer or not. If you do, you're debt has been paid in full and you are free to walk sinless in the eyes of God. Even if you mess up and have to come before him again and ask for forgiveness. In God's eyes, it's like it never even happened. Refusing the offer is a personal choice as well. As is accepting the consequences.
If you ever come to a crossroads in your life where you want to be forgiven and your life has become hell on earth, you'll understand what this kind of freedom means.
Spiritually is a state of mind and a fine line from mental illness, imo.

One without a conscience will see no wrong-doing in their bad behavior while one with a conscience will. The one with a conscience will learn from it. Those without consciences will not learn and may continue to push their ways across everyone else's personal boundaries.

Do you respect personal boundaries?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You were just asked that, and babbled some, but didn't answer the question. The question was:
""If another Christian asked you why it was necessary Christ die for our sins, could you explain it to them?"
Why are you tossing the question back to STO?
Are you afraid to answer?
My guess is you dont know and are hoping STO will tell you.
Gtown is very ignorant regarding the Word. He accuses me of "attacking" him, when all I'm doing is challenging him.

He shouldn't be affronted. He should take it as a sign he's got a lot to learn. Not only that, but a responsibility to learn.
Bit-o-honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
~Appreciated.
Would it be fair to say your use of the "legal strict definition of viability" could become practically limitless, as medical technology advances.~
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
~Theoretically I guess so. I believe even the SC in Casey vs PP acknowledged that the limits of viability were moving earlier in pregnancies as medical technology advanced.
But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore.~
The discussion was about "artificial wombs" being in the sense of what STO had created a hypothetical about, when he suggested an 8 week fetus would be viable. Artifical womb being ALS of a fetus. USING an artificial womb would make viability and abortion a non-issue, which is what I understood Doc to be saying. I didn't understand him to mean "in general".
He can correct me if I'm wrong.
. I must speak up.

You were corrected. Doc acknowledged her point.

I've been following that discussion. It's a shame you have to interject yourself into any talk between differing sides that's going wll, in your incessant need to start shit.

Clearly that discussion between the three posters had progressed past the point you keep trying to drag it back to.

These folks are right about you. You certainly don't know when to shut up.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Foo, you being Jewish probably know OT Law, which is key.
Jews don't follow OT law per se. Our law changes with the times.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't, you just don't understand the obvious that I didn't think needed to be stated.
Yes, you did contradict yourself.

You wrote:
"Viability of an already born infant is also about POTENTIAL, and when doctors see a potential for that born infant to survive with medical help..."

In a prior post, you said, and I quoted you ver batim:

"That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>If a [fetus] is viable, then once removed from it's NLS (the womb), and helped with ALS, it will be able to survive and continue to survive on ALS.

If a [born infant] is viable then, even if it's on ALS for a time, it will eventually be able to survive without it.
You state, above: "If a [fetus] is viable, then once removed from it's NLS (the womb)"

What is the difference between a fetus removed from the womb and a "born infant"?

What is the differnce between a "fetus" "helped with ALS" and a "born infant" " on ALS"?

If both are out of the womb and on ALS, wouldn't that mean they are both born?

You're so busy trying to be right, you're twisting yourself into a pretzel of contradiction.
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>Viability of a fetus and viability of a born infant are 2 different issues, with different factors as to what constitutes each being "viable".
You keep saying that, so what are he differentiating factors?

Here:

You finish the sentence:

The word "viable" applies differently from a fetus to an infant in that....(fill in the blank).
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who believes viability of a fetus has to do with being born and surviving without ALS is wrong.
How does a fetus survive with ALS? IOW, how does one apply artificial life support to a fetus? Maybe there is a treatment out there that I haven't heard of.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Bit-o-honey wrote:
<quoted text>. I must speak up.
You were corrected. Doc acknowledged her point.
I've been following that discussion. It's a shame you have to interject yourself into any talk between differing sides that's going wll, in your incessant need to start shit.
Clearly that discussion between the three posters had progressed past the point you keep trying to drag it back to.
These folks are right about you. You certainly don't know when to shut up.
You expect anyone to believe you're not another usual PCer here? lol As if you're just another new poster coming right to my posts with the pretense that you're going by what "those folks" have said about me. You PCers are idiots.

Having said that; I was part of the original discussion STO started about artificial wombs, NOT Foo. She's the one who interjected herself, bonehead.

Doc has at times agreed some PCers had a point, only to realize that he missed something in what they were saying, and is able to admit it. An example is Ladilulu trying to chastise Doc about something having to do with rape and abortion, when Doc just needed more info on MAP, which I gave to him.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you did contradict yourself.
You wrote:
"Viability of an already born infant is also about POTENTIAL, and when doctors see a potential for that born infant to survive with medical help..."
In a prior post, you said, and I quoted you ver batim:
"That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."
<quoted text>
You state, above: "If a [fetus] is viable, then once removed from it's NLS (the womb)"
What is the difference between a fetus removed from the womb and a "born infant"?
What is the differnce between a "fetus" "helped with ALS" and a "born infant" " on ALS"?
If both are out of the womb and on ALS, wouldn't that mean they are both born?
You're so busy trying to be right, you're twisting yourself into a pretzel of contradiction.
<quoted text>
You keep saying that, so what are he differentiating factors?
Here:
You finish the sentence:
The word "viable" applies differently from a fetus to an infant in that....(fill in the blank).
<quoted text>
How does a fetus survive with ALS? IOW, how does one apply artificial life support to a fetus? Maybe there is a treatment out there that I haven't heard of.
Holy cow, this is basic sense.

No, I did not contradict myself. You're the one that keeps interchanging 2 different and separate stages of human development; the fetal stage and the newborn infant stage.

STO: "You state, above: "If a [fetus] is viable, then once removed from it's NLS (the womb)"
What is the difference between a fetus removed from the womb and a "born infant"?"

Viability of a fetus is determined BEFORE removing it from NLS/ the womb.

Viability of a born infant is determined BEFORE removing it from ALS.

I can't Dick and Jane this more. Either you get it or you won't, and it looks like you won't.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
But what if I tell the judge (God} that I don't want Jesus to pay for my sins. What will be my payment? A few centuries in hell and followed by eternity in heaven?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

If a fetus is viable, it won't die once removed from the NLS/the womb, even if it ALS to survive.

If a newborn infant is viable, it won't just survive ALS, but survive once removed from it.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You expect anyone to believe you're not another usual PCer here? lol As if you're just another new poster coming right to my posts with the pretense that you're going by what "those folks" have said about me. You PCers are idiots.
Having said that; I was part of the original discussion STO started about artificial wombs, NOT Foo. She was the one that interjected herself.
No, she entered a public forum's discussion. A discussion that at that time was between STO and Doc, and had clearly moved beyond the discussion that YOU keep trying to drag it back to.

It seems to me that you prevent a LOT of discussions from moving forward to new areas with your incessent attention getting ploys.

You can believe what you like about me. I wont be a regular poster here - although as I said I was following Doc and STO's discussion. I'd ingored your posts, since they didn't really add anything to the discussion.

You DO understand that there are thousands of posters on these boards, dont you?

Is calling every new poster that doesn't post to your specifications automatically considered an already present poster in your mind? Is that how you rationalize ignoring what it appears MANY have told you? How sad for you.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynne is a useful idiot for a few people here, which is the only time those on her "side" bother to respond to her - which is to use her for THEIR purpose. She's not intelligent enough to understand that.
Lynn's been a joke here for many years now. Its sad really.
IMO, she was so pathetic as Lynne and so easily bested as Persevere that she invented this newest persona to counteract her 2 previous personas and has simply gone way overboard to the point of appalling obnoxiousness and pomposity.

It's clear that anyone who converses with you in a civil manner gets her wrath and disdain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 min truth told 18,603
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,084,042
Baltimore Stands with Israel 1 hr boo ya 26
Review: Wanda Hicks Dating Service 19 hr Joe Clinton 1
The Fed is dumpig illegals in different states. Wed Bob Rooney 1
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... Tue SnuffAGlobalist 4
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Tue Raptor in Michigan 121,143
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••