Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,351)

Showing posts 267,001 - 267,020 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so afraid to use your real name? Is it a boys name?
Is Guppy your real name?

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with your sentiment, AJ. If you pop into that account you hate, you will find my new address in your inbox :)
Ewww. Hate that place, but I'll gird my loins ... tomorrow! Yes, yes, tomorrow is a new day as they say.:-)
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in other words you want a god that allows you free will, while choosing your night out and who you sleep with, and then step in and fix anything you mess up, right?
Perhaps he could even leave you a couple hundred bucks in your pocket when He leaves, so you can go out again the next night.
You need to go to the build a god store and, well build your own god.
Next door to Mr. Cookie in the mall :)
I don't want a god at all. When was the last time god stepped into someone's life and fixed their mess?

I don't need to build a god. I have no use for fairy tales. They're made up - just like the guy you seem to like.

When was the last time your god left money for a poor person? Never. Why not? He doesn't exist.

If he existed, he would show his face and help the truly desperate. He doesn't, does he. Wonder why?

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
John: "So, you don't want to address anything I'd raised in my later posts but prefer to "dismiss" me because I won't call every PC poster out on the obnoxious posts they post."
You made an assumption, and are acting like it's the truth about me, and speaking to me as though your assumption is fact? How very obnoxious of you. I didn't "dismiss" you. I was making a point using the hypocrisy you displayed. Common among PCers here, and you're no exception, is accusing PLers of being certain negative behavior, when it's PCers who initiate the negative behavior they accuse PLers of displaying. Funny stuff, John. You ALL do that.
I just finished replying to one of your "later" posts, and saw this one right after it posted. Guess you proved something about yourself again. You're not doing very well at trying to prove something about me. All you keep proving is what you accuse me of is true about you.
Wanna keep going? lol
I displayed no "hypocrisy."
I simply did not display an attitude that you approved of.

As usual, you try to reduce everyone else's posts to your motives; I'm not trying to "prove" anything about you--you do that adequately enough yourself.
I've said that there's enough "obnoxiousness" to go around for both camps, yet all you're concerned with is that "perceived" obnoxiousness that is directed at you.

The only thing I was trying to "prove" is that you're deliberately misconstruing the arguments PC posters have when they argue for reasonable "restrictions."
As I said before; nobody's calling a fetus a "z/e/f."
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...

Stop trying to "twist" that.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The question you need to ask yourself is if man could create a human beating heart. From scratch.
Would you want them to? Things are being done in labs that the public never hears about...so who knows?
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Guppy your real name?
Someone gave me this name. I like it. I would have no problem using my real name if other people did too. AH.......

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I try and keep the cookies on the bottom shelf, but if one wants to know how many fleas are on pharohs dog, then I geuss they could.
What pray-tell does that have to do with my post to you...?

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you have ''no doubt" about a person that doesn't exist? I think they truly would like to believe it. They have a need. I cant motor through life without it.
My "doubts" are precisely what prevent me from having "Faith..."

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
John, just so you know; your opinions of me are boring, meaningless and hypocritical; especially when you've got people like CD, Foo and Katie in the PC camp being more obnoxious to PLers than I could ever be to anyone, and they're the ones wallowing in it. You don't post to them about their obnoxiousness and wallowing in it with your self-righteous judgements, as you do to PL.
That's not even to mention that I haven't initiated any discussions with you, haven't posted to or about you, and you're the one who initiated the postings to me. What do you do in initiating posting to me?
Take a look in 1st post:
"Lily," you are such an obnoxious personality that I usually simply scroll past your posts without bothering to read them.
It's the same-old same-old from you anyway; you people are boneheads, you people are stupid, you people can't read for comprehension, you people are OWNED by us, the PC are all idiots, blah, blah, blah... "
In 2nd post:
"Fair enough, there's enough "blame" to go around for people on "both" sides of the proverbial "aisle" to be considered "obnoxious."
You--personally--have a penchant for wallowing in it--IMO..."
I consider that to be very disrespectful, "obnoxious" and hypocritical of you, John.
You've done that kind of thing each time you've initiated posts to me. As I said, I don't initiate the obnoxiousness. You just proved the truth of that.
My God woman! You're just as obnoxious as ever. Nothing ever changes with you. No growth. No maturation process. Yes Lily, you are a victim. A pitiable victim. And your superiority over all other humans is duly noted. Have I stroked your ego sufficiently now?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone gave me this name. I like it. I would have no problem using my real name if other people did too. AH.......
Someone gave me the name Marie. My mother. It's typed on my birth certificate. That makes it official.

Now what did that change?
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, <quoted text>
Wow, Cptr (and back atcha), is Guppy pouting because your post wasn't linked? I saw it, read it, and thought how similar it was to my own childhood. We had a big family. Most the women were educated and worked as nurses. Sometimes I even went to work with my mom or gramma. Probably wouldn't be legal these days, though.
Do you think Guppy's ever had anyone's real respect?
Peter seems to be having a melt down. It's OK. Things will get better, they always do. Even for someone as mean as you.
Don't take your unhappiness out on other people. Learn to deal with it on your own.
Katie and Peter are the same people. It doesn't matter to me. They don't fool anyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Guppy. As you can see some people do use their real name. Eddie, short for Edwin. Middle name; Mark.

Pleased to meet you, Guppy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewww. Hate that place, but I'll gird my loins ... tomorrow! Yes, yes, tomorrow is a new day as they say.:-)
I thought loin girding was a man thing? Am I mistaken?

How are you, J?

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought loin girding was a man thing? Am I mistaken?
How are you, J?
Eddie! Yes, I borrowed terminology. Watching my husband watch women's basketball - guess what! Yes, the women are now slapping each other on the back side. Disgraceful. It started with men's football, and now it's every where, apparently.

I'm sitting up and taking nourishment, thanks for asking. How be yourself these days?

(Lily remains unchanged, smug as ever. She's not one bit shy in proclaiming herself the most intelligent poster ever to have graced the halls of Topix. Gotta love her ego stroking consistent persistence, if nothing else.)
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Guppy. As you can see some people do use their real name. Eddie, short for Edwin. Middle name; Mark.
Pleased to meet you, Guppy.
Hello Eddie - What is your last name?

Please to meet me? Well, that is a first. Thanks, even if you don't mean it.
zach

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Always fantasizing about my ass. Closet case.
<quoted text>
That's what a sicko like you lives to fantasize about......when you love man tools shoved in your mouth and your poop shooter you sick bastard....
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone gave me the name Marie. My mother. It's typed on my birth certificate. That makes it official.
Now what did that change?
What did that change? It makes you real. What is you last name? Don't worry, I have no interest in tracking anyone down. What would that prove?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasons are IN the post you responded to. WTH is wrong with your brain? The majority of PC posting here do agree with the restrictions. Those who do not wouldn't be included in what I'm talking about, because it wouldn't be about them.
The reasons IN the post you responded to:
~Either PC believes that women should have "personal autonomy" and "medical privacy", or they don't. Agreeing with restrictions at viability contradicts that view.
PC believing that a fetus doesn't and shouldn't have equal rights to a woman, is contradicted by the PCers who agree with restrictions on abortion at viability.
PCers who believe women who kill their born children are monsters, while believing a woman having her child in utero killed is just excercising her right not to reproduce,(even though her developing child has already been produced), are people who ignorantly contradict themselves at every turn.~
I don't understand why it has to be either/or and not seen as progressive.

I see an embryo differently than I see a fetus. I see a newborn differently than I see a teenager. I see a 20-something differently than I see a 70-something. The 70-something has different civil rights than the newborn does and so my thinking goes along those lines.

Backward, forward, consistent. I do not see consistency in believing an embryo is equal to a 70-something because in the world, this does not exist. Why should it exist within the womb at the expense of the person gestating it?

Regarding the embryo and fetus, I think the embryo has a higher chance of not becoming a fetus or a newborn than the fetus does due to events outside our control. I do not see why these events cannot be controlled on an embryo without interference.

The embryo is unaware, undeveloped, and unknown. A newborn through 70-something is none of those things. And their civil rights do not come at the expense of removing someone else's.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
My "doubts" are precisely what prevent me from having "Faith..."
What I meant was how could the believers have "no doubt?" There is nothing tangible to believe in.

You have "doubts." Which means to me, you are not sure. Whatever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie! Yes, I borrowed terminology. Watching my husband watch women's basketball - guess what! Yes, the women are now slapping each other on the back side. Disgraceful. It started with men's football, and now it's every where, apparently.
I'm sitting up and taking nourishment, thanks for asking. How be yourself these days?
(Lily remains unchanged, smug as ever. She's not one bit shy in proclaiming herself the most intelligent poster ever to have graced the halls of Topix. Gotta love her ego stroking consistent persistence, if nothing else.)
Quite vulgar isn't it? All that backside slapping.

I'm very well, thank you. Did you enjoy the blizzard? I take it you've been ill? I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

Lily is getting worse with age, not better. A bigger ego I have not seen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 267,001 - 267,020 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min ritedownthemiddle 1,078,344
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr just wondering 18,537
Baltimore Stands with Israel 10 hr I can read 18
SnuffAGlobalist Mon SnuffAGlobalist 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Mon Anyone welcomed 84
Bealefeld: Downtown beating not a hate crime (Apr '12) Sun Judy Strothers 7
thailand prostitution movie Jul 20 Teo 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000