Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 320382 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#284343 Feb 16, 2013

either of these posts showing up?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284344 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no doubt because they "believe" my dear "Guppy."
You're right; I am not "sure," which is one of the reasons why I am not a "believer..."
OK.

So is John your real name? It's one of my favorite names. Truly.

Now that we have that cleared up...

Silence.

Ah..........

You live on Long Island or Long Beach Island? The greatest soil is on Long Island. So rich.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#284345 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
Hey "Katie!"

First post 28430...yes:
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...

Second post, 284334, not a trace...

Location hidden

#284346 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Silence.
Ah..........
You live on Long Island or Long Beach Island? The greatest soil is on Long Island. So rich.
Yes, my dear "Guppy," John-K is my "real" name.

Yes, I live on Long Island.

The soil on Long Island sucks babe...it's all sand and clay(and blacktop if you're living in the "Levitt" areas!")

Long Island's soil is nothing more or less than glacial debris pushed southward from the last Ice Age.

Sorry to disappoint luv...

:(
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284347 Feb 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having food and clothing is a need. Water and food is essential, with that in mind, when was the last time you seen someone in america in need? If ever.
I'm 42, and have never seen anyone starve yet, but I have seen many die from over indulging.
The info you have about God came from somewhere. Many claim to know God from the same type of info. I know God, from a personal experience with God, that is offered to not only me, but any and all who wish to know the truth.
I say you should build your own god, becouse you have made up your mind what a good god would be,if he exsisted.
I was going to watch a Civil War DVD, but here I am.

One in three? children go to bed hungry every night in America. They are in need.
How about the homeless? They are in need.

The thing about going to bed hungry. Have you been to the food store recently? Between gas, rent, taxes, clothing, car - how can the average person afford food? I don't know how they do it.

You must live in a posh area. I don't.

Yes, lots of people would like to know the truth about god. Please explain to them, he doesn't exist. It's only fair that they know the truth. It's so unfair to lie to so many people just for money.

I will go to - Toys R Us - and buy lego's and build a man and call him dog. Would that make you happy?

I look in the sky, under the bed, behind the refrigerator, in the closet, in the shed, in the garage, behind the sofa, in the basement, in the attic, behind a tree, under my car and various places and I have never seen HIM. WTH is he? At your house?
Anonymous

United States

#284348 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
What pray-tell does that have to do with my post to you...?
Not sure, but was just saying the name Jesus is used in the English Language.

Plus satan didn't start attacking the word of God, after it was translated into english. There are different greek languages.

Textus receptus would be where one should go to.

The bible is shallow enough for the youngest of readers or deeper then the smartest person can go.
I don't think Jesus used very many 50 dollar words, when He spoke to the multitude. Just one simple message.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284349 Feb 16, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite vulgar isn't it? All that backside slapping.
I'm very well, thank you. Did you enjoy the blizzard? I take it you've been ill? I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.
Lily is getting worse with age, not better. A bigger ego I have not seen!
Lynne's arrogance is only eclipsed by her ignorance, her pettiness and her desire for vengence. She has no desire for debate, she's only here to try to obliterate her "enemies". ANd she's a miserable failre at that too. Emphasis on "miserable".

How've you been hon? Its nice to see you pop in again!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#284350 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
I displayed no "hypocrisy."
I simply did not display an attitude that you approved of.
As usual, you try to reduce everyone else's posts to your motives;
You know, you've NAILED it 100% here John. Its something I've been trying to put my finger on and a way to express it for a week or so, and you completely got exactly what it is she does with EVERY post.

Thank you!
Anonymous

United States

#284351 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Silence.
Ah..........
Not sure why you like that name, since it is sooo plain. Lol
Plus John K "s land was formed about 4000 years ago when we had a large flood :)
Oh, and ps -my name in John, you're funny guppy!
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284352 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my dear "Guppy," John-K is my "real" name.
Yes, I live on Long Island.
The soil on Long Island sucks babe...it's all sand and clay(and blacktop if you're living in the "Levitt" areas!")
Long Island's soil is nothing more or less than glacial debris pushed southward from the last Ice Age.
Sorry to disappoint luv...
:(
Levittown? Isn't that where O'Reilly is from?

I was talking about the soil farther /further east. It was beautiful. I saw it with me eyes. I'm used to dealing with clay and or sand.

At one time - Long Island had many farms. The soil had to be good.

Anyway. Are you new?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284353 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Katie!"
First post 28430...yes:
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...
Second post, 284334, not a trace...
Thanks, I'm emailing the big dogs to inform them there's a biased MOD in their bunch.

:)
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284354 Feb 16, 2013
Looks like old Goo-Goo eyes is in her glory.

Two guys show up and she's a changed person.

Didn't know she liked men.

What a scream!

When a woman starts calling a man "hon'- I start gagging.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284355 Feb 16, 2013
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not prudent for people to be giving out full names on such a forum. Maybe you wouldn't stalk people, as you say, but there may be others who might so last names should not be given or solicited.
Why do people hide their first names and their locations? Kind of hard to track down a Tom from New York City, don't you think?

Yikes! I live in a very, very small town. If people knew my name..........I would have to live in fear. Especially from the women on here. God only knows what they would do to me. Tear my heart out and stick needles in my face. Or worse. Guess I better run around and close the shutters! If you don't hear from me, it's because..........

Location hidden

#284356 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Levittown? Isn't that where O'Reilly is from?
I was talking about the soil farther /further east. It was beautiful. I saw it with me eyes. I'm used to dealing with clay and or sand.
At one time - Long Island had many farms. The soil had to be good.
Anyway. Are you new?
Eh, I assume you're asking about Bill O'Reilly the Fox news anchor.
Yeah, he's a Long Island Native--as is Sean Hannity, but I can't swear to where either of them actually "hailed" from except to say that "yes," it was from good 'ol Lawn-Gyland!

Well, we've got a fairly temperate climate here which is pretty good for growing crops, but the composition of the soil itself is pretty terrible--especially along the coasts. Inland, it's probably better but I'll confess that I'm no farmer.

Am I new to what?

Living on Long Island, well, I've been here for 30-plus years so I don't know...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#284357 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What did that change? It makes you real. What is you last name? Don't worry, I have no interest in tracking anyone down. What would that prove?
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would have no problem using my real name if other people did too."

I see it's pretty much one way with you. Obviously what you say and what you mean are two different things.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284358 Feb 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure why you like that name, since it is sooo plain. Lol
Plus John K "s land was formed about 4000 years ago when we had a large flood :)
Oh, and ps -my name in John, you're funny guppy!
You're name is John, too? Good solid name. Goes with every last name.

Why are some of you telling me your first names? Out of character.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284359 Feb 16, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, I assume you're asking about Bill O'Reilly the Fox news anchor.
Yeah, he's a Long Island Native--as is Sean Hannity, but I can't swear to where either of them actually "hailed" from except to say that "yes," it was from good 'ol Lawn-Gyland!
Well, we've got a fairly temperate climate here which is pretty good for growing crops, but the composition of the soil itself is pretty terrible--especially along the coasts. Inland, it's probably better but I'll confess that I'm no farmer.
Am I new to what?
Living on Long Island, well, I've been here for 30-plus years so I don't know...
Are you new to Topix?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284360 Feb 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
The first post, but not the second post. Is 334 your post?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#284361 Feb 16, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people hide their first names and their locations? Kind of hard to track down a Tom from New York City, don't you think?
Yikes! I live in a very, very small town. If people knew my name..........I would have to live in fear. Especially from the women on here. God only knows what they would do to me. Tear my heart out and stick needles in my face. Or worse. Guess I better run around and close the shutters! If you don't hear from me, it's because..........
What exactly is your problem? You are on here using a made up name while complaining that we are too. You're starting to act creepish and too interested in our personal information.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284362 Feb 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would have no problem using my real name if other people did too."
I see it's pretty much one way with you. Obviously what you say and what you mean are two different things.
Don't be so bitter, Marie

I have no idea if people are telling the truth. I am skeptical.

I have no way of knowing if your real name is Marie. Do I? For all I know, you're a guy.

Some guy says his name is John and lo and behold, some other guy says his name is John, too. Makes you wonder.

I'm pretty honest. Don't know if anyone else is. Lot's of games being played, but not by me. Straight shooter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,643,638
Income Based Rent? (Dec '06) 12 hr cadescove99 158
News The tale of two Targets, a Baltimore segregatio... Nov 21 noobieR 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Nov 20 Mcm123 21,338
WMAR "Square Off" Panel on Baltimore Juvenile V... Nov 19 Krieg Ben 1
News What the Black Lives Matter campaign gets wrong (Aug '15) Nov 16 Truth 51
News Teen Charged In Cyclist's Robbery Potentially L... Nov 16 Truth 2

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages