Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,881 - 266,900 of 305,090 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You can split hairs all you want, but bottom line, you're not an ObGyn, or a Pediatrician, despite that you play a "Doc" on Topix.
LOL, this from a guy who plays a "lawyer" on Topix??!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I haven't lied about anything; your posts just aren't interesting.
Guppy wrote:
Peter is avoiding me because he knows he lied.
Hope he has a fabulous time with his friends this weekend.
Be safe!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Always fantasizing about my ass. Closet case.
zach wrote:
<quoted text>Hey homo....did ya get that big fat boner outta your ass yet.....I heard you were struggling big time and you didn't want hubby seeing you with another man you dickstain.....LMFAO
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
You're probably too young, but I remember a time in the late 60s and early 70s when girls who got pregnant - several who were in my class - had to drop out of school and hope the guy would marry her - which, surprisingly, many did back then - or get enough money to fly to New York for an abortion which was inconvenient and attached with a sense of shame.
The Supreme Court's ruling in Roe v Wade was very narrow and restrictive when it came to abortion. But once Pandora's box is opened, it usually flies wide open. That's where we are now.
Ironically, the woman represented as Roe is now a pro-life activist.
Abortion should be an issue for each state to decide and should still be inconvenient and attached with a sense of shame.
Unfortunately, it has become a war cry for the empowerment of women. It's time they - and we - humbled ourselves instead.
Awwwwwww, it's sooooo tough when anti-choice guys CAN'T dictate a woman's sexual and reproductive choices anymore, isn't it. TOO BAD.

The fact remains that abortion IS an option for women now, rather than being FORCED to stay pregnant and give birth. Obviously you long for those dark days of "shame" for women to return. Tough luck on THAT score too.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Victory!
Of course now the basta@rd has to actually see the post.

When I brought up one of Doc's past eff-ups he told me to forget the past. Funny coming from him, doncha think?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwww, it's sooooo tough when anti-choice guys CAN'T dictate a woman's sexual and reproductive choices anymore, isn't it. TOO BAD.
The fact remains that abortion IS an option for women now, rather than being FORCED to stay pregnant and give birth. Obviously you long for those dark days of "shame" for women to return. Tough luck on THAT score too.
I thought it has always been an option.

You do know ocean, if a guy wanted to force a woman to do anything, he could.
Vica versa as well.
But it would be rape and kidnapping, which is what you seem to think went on before rvw.

Which, I've never understood why someone would ever want someone,who didn't want them?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you saw his answer, what did it say?
Why didn't I see it. I've been drinking quite a bit. Words are kind of fuzzy.
Yes, I sound like Dori. Well, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
Why are you answering for Peter? Is he afraid of me?
He answered it not long after you asked. Find your post, you'll eventually find his.

I answered because I get tired of reading the same old crap from the same old people.

All y'all need a new topic.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course now the basta@rd has to actually see the post.
When I brought up one of Doc's past eff-ups he told me to forget the past. Funny coming from him, doncha think?
Fn hilarious, LNM.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Forum wrote:
We all have had to suffer for what they did to Jesus.
Afraid I have to echo John-K.

Not sure what you mean by "they". Our sins and rebellion against God put a man of love and peace on a cross to die a horrible death that should have been our own. His purpose for coming was to drink that bitter cup. Our sin debt has been paid. All we have to do is freely accept it. You believe this too, right?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see abortion as a "war cry" and don't know anyone who does. I see that as a false premise from your side.
Why don't you focus on the fact that with 7B people roaming the planet, 315M of 'em here, there are over 4M annual live births to 800K annual abortions? Regardless of these numbers, there is a net gain of one person every 15 seconds in the good ol' USofA.
It most definitely is a war cry. A big part of Obama's platform and the reason he won a reelection was based on this war cry.

Sadly enough.

Are you, too, getting tired of this president continually talking about women as if any of us ever thought we were second-class citizens before he came on the scene? What's up with that? Even feminists are starting to say knock it off, Mr. President.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Those are the guys in the little blue helmets, right? Run around the world attempting to keep peace!
Astute observation. The UN can't seem to do anything for anyone. Or even avoid their own scandals.

But someone like Katie thinks their laws are written in stone somewhere.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He answered it not long after you asked. Find your post, you'll eventually find his.
I answered because I get tired of reading the same old crap from the same old people.
All y'all need a new topic.
You have an amazing memory.

You can't tell me what he said because he never answered my question.

New topic? People should reveal who they really are and what they are doing on Topix. That would be a lot more interesting than was that baby viable or visible. Was it 4" long or was it 8 pounds? Etc. etc.

So you go first, Katie. That is your real name, isn't it? Let's see how honest you are.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
I haven't lied about anything; your posts just aren't interesting.
<quoted text>
That Hurts!

Just because you love men, doesn't mean you have to Hate women.

Did you see the advertisement on Topix for ballet flats? You should get a pair or two, they would feature you. Hope they make your size. Leopard would be flattering, you could wear them with your skinny jeans.

Live a little and walk on the wild side.

I think you have a (not so) secret admirer. Her? name is Katie and she likes to defend you. She takes pity on you when she feels you have lied. Can't imagine why. It is kind of sweet. Do you have room in that closed off heart of yours for her? It could be that she is a he! That would make more sense. Ah, Love is in the air!

I think you have finally found someone to love you. Thank the lord.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

It's too bad the mother of jesus didn't have an abortion.

It would stop all this crazy talk.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Protecting me from what ? Your scintillating posts that leave me speechless and to which I cannot possibly respond ? Grow up.
I had nothing to do with any of your posts being removed.
Why would I continue saying I didn't see them ? Why would I ask you to personal message me the post #? Just to keep up the charade ?
You need to get a life......and quickly.
Obviously my posts existed so your claims that I didn't answer you, or that it's my "MO" to leave your questions unanswered, was quite wrong. Again you forget how I tracked down one of my past posts answering one of your questions that you claimed I didn't answer, and proved you wrong back then.

What we really have is your "MO" of claiming your questions are going unanswered...and being wrong.

You were wrong that first time you claimed I didn't answer your question, and I proved it by digging up my unanswered post.

You were clearly wrong this time when you claimed I didn't answer your current question, as you well know.

You were wrong when you claimed I didn't provide the post number when you asked for it.

And you were wrong with the whole "took the bait/it wasn't bait per se" debacle.

What we have is a clear pattern of you being wrong quite often.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
Which side of the fence are you finally going to fall on?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Viability of a fetus is the ~potential~ to survive ~outside of the womb~, with OR without medical help.
That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."
It's a given that fetus means inside the uterus and infant indicates born/outside the uterus.
You disagree with Doc. You are asserting that "viability" of an infant "would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."
Doc is using the definition of viability, which includes WITH ALS.
Doc hasn't made a distinction between an MD's determination of viability of a fetus vs. an infant, that I know of.
STO: "You disagree with Doc. You are asserting that 'viability' of an infant would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive 'without medical help.'"

No Doc and I don't disagree. We both completely understand the definition of viability and that it includes with medical help.

You and Katie mix up viable/non-viable fetus with viable/non-viable infant. I don't, and haven't seen Doc do it either.

Viability in the abortion issue is about the potential of a FETUS to survive outside of the womb, with or without medical help. That potential is determined while that fetus is still in utero. That determination isn't about an already born infant. Viability of an already born infant is also about POTENTIAL, and when doctors see a potential for that born infant to survive with medical help, they'll give the child that help. It's "viable" enough for doctors to determine it's worth TRYING to help it survive.

"Capable", "ability" are words in the the definitions of "viable" and "viability". Guessing you and Katie don't understand the meanings of those words either.

Neither [capable] nor [ability] mean "absolute", or "definite" survival with or without medical help.

If the fetus is deemed viable (which it would be while still in utero), and given medical help once born and then dies, it obviously wasn't a viable fetus...or viable born infant.

I don't see where Doc's and my views differ, except in the minds of peoplke who don't understand the definition of viability and that it pertains to a fetus.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid I have to echo John-K.
Not sure what you mean by "they". Our sins and rebellion against God put a man of love and peace on a cross to die a horrible death that should have been our own. His purpose for coming was to drink that bitter cup. Our sin debt has been paid. All we have to do is freely accept it. You believe this too, right?
You don't think it was dumb to nail a human being
to a cross? He has to die so everyone can go on and be
stupid. Wouldn't you have taken him down if you had been
there. I would have.
The children at church always tell me that they are hungry.
Shouldn't I feed them? No one cares!
150 children.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
These forums aren't really meant for the spreading of the gospel. It just happens sometimes because the topic inevitably comes up.

In fact, I never knew there were so many biblical scholars on the left until before this last election.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
You totally miss the point. The issue was never the legality of working within the law to change a law. The issue was you saying that all you are doing is defending a woman's right to choose within the law. I found that to be a convenient statement since you agree with the current law. So I asked you if you would say the same thing pre -1973. You still haven't answered. This babbling about the legality of working to change laws is not an answer to my specific question.
<quoted text>
I don't know. I was just a little shaver back then. You tell me.
And keep in mind that I've never said abortion should or would ever be considered murder.
<quoted text>
What does any of this babble have to do with my specific question about RvW ? What does any of this have to do with the fact that a fetus is alive and is a developing human life....regardless of whether it is being sustained by another ? This is indisputable scientific fact.
A woman getting an abortion pre-1973 is breaking the law. A woman protesting against the law is not breaking the law. She is exercising her right to work to change an existing law. The law was in fact changed, by SCOTUS. What about this don't you get?

I never said a fetus is not alive, or a developing human. A z/e/f does not have rights. A woman has rights. A born baby has rights.
To give the z/e/f rights would then revoke rights from women. A woman is a born human being, a z/e/f is not born yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baltimore Discussions

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min GUESS we 1,080,447
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 14 hr Petal Power 121,138
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Samuel 18,546
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... Wed SnuffAGlobalist 2
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Jul 23 true one 295
Baltimore Stands with Israel Jul 23 informant 19
SnuffAGlobalist Jul 21 SnuffAGlobalist 2
•••
•••
•••
Baltimore Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000