Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309888 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#284133 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Censorship sucks!
Agreed

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#284134 Feb 15, 2013
It's possibly caught in the spam filter. Also, there's an increasing movement on the part of topix to eliminate posts with links for legal reasons.

LNM, try again, without the link. My guess, it will fly.
Anonymous

United States

#284135 Feb 15, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
My issue is with anyone who claims to know what happens after we die, like gtown and sapphire have claimed. It is the heiight or arrogance.
You can call it what you like, but God callse it eternal security. God doesn't want His children wondering where they will go, after they die. Many things have popped up over the years about life after death, abd many believe different things.

I buried enough family members to tell you, they go in the ground, but their souls go on forever, either in Heaven or in Hell "which is the county jail ",then the lake of fire forever seperated from God, or any friends or family.

I believe this NOW, even though I truly don't know where any of my dead family are.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284136 Feb 15, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you want to know.
Fess up.
Anonymous

United States

#284137 Feb 15, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a slave to your beliefs so much that you refuse to accept differing ideas and possibilities.
Remain willingly ignorant, jonnycakes.
Continue to keep your nose pointed upward and your head buried in thevsand.
No, I'm open to anything, but why would I move my faith from what I know to be true, into something I know to be wrong. Just like the "missing link ", one would think they would be everywhere, finding them by the truck loads. Yet the only ones they have are proven to be a fake, or a monkey, or a man with arthritis. I mean for real, they don't have much to go on, and so they try and say it is complicated, just trust us.

When they date the didderent layers of earth, and each layer is so many millions of years, then they find an upside down tree going through millions of layers???

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#284138 Feb 15, 2013
Why? You need a babysitter? I did asnswer the question, twit.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, puny, wrinkled. creepy baby.
I knew it.
7lbs 5 ounces? ha,
You never answered my question. Who took care of you when you were a wrinkled, skinny baby? Afraid to?
Anonymous

United States

#284139 Feb 15, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
7,000 years?
Yes, I don't believe the earth or stars are any older then 7,000 years.

Indianapolis

#284140 Feb 15, 2013
Gay family cruises aren't the same as gay singles cruises, now are they?
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember seeing guys with kids. It was a GAY family cruise. Guys with little kids. Look it up.
Regular adult cruises? I don't believe it's all about six, as the gay cruises are.
Have you been on one?

Indianapolis

#284141 Feb 15, 2013
More likely they were sasquatch spawn.

How fu**ed up are that the size of your whelps is a point of pride? Is that the apex of your accomplishments? Sad.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what did you think about the weight of those two babies?
Impressed?
This was funny. After I gave birth to the 9 lb 15 ounce baby, nurses would come into my room to check me out, because they couldn't believe someone my size could have such a big baby! Ain't that something?
Must have been all the O'reos.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284142 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why? You need a babysitter? I did asnswer the question, twit.
<quoted text>
Are you offering your services?

Never saw your answer. What was it? You probably have to wrack your brain trying to think of the lie you told last time. That's ok, little guy.

Indianapolis

#284143 Feb 15, 2013
Funny ho they never got around to shaming th boy who got the girl pregnant, huh?

I too remember those days. You forgot where the bastard child frequently had it shoved in its face that they were somehow unworthy of respect because of their birth circumstances. Or how those wayward girls were often ostracized socially and financially.

Only a fool or a sadist would want to go back to those horrible times.
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably too young, but I remember a time in the late 60s and early 70s when girls who got pregnant - several who were in my class - had to drop out of school and hope the guy would marry her - which, surprisingly, many did back then - or get enough money to fly to New York for an abortion which was inconvenient and attached with a sense of shame.
The Supreme Court's ruling in Roe v Wade was very narrow and restrictive when it came to abortion. But once Pandora's box is opened, it usually flies wide open. That's where we are now.
Ironically, the woman represented as Roe is now a pro-life activist.
Abortion should be an issue for each state to decide and should still be inconvenient and attached with a sense of shame.
Unfortunately, it has become a war cry for the empowerment of women. It's time they - and we - humbled ourselves instead.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284144 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
More likely they were sasquatch spawn.
How fu**ed up are that the size of your whelps is a point of pride? Is that the apex of your accomplishments? Sad.
<quoted text>
Yes, that is the apex (your pointed head) of my accomplishments.

I knew you would get all worked up over my little story. Sad, scrawny boy.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284145 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Gay family cruises aren't the same as gay singles cruises, now are they?
<quoted text>
No, they are not. What is your point?

How are your T cells?

Are you getting ready for a fun filled weekend with the guys?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284146 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Funny ho they never got around to shaming th boy who got the girl pregnant, huh?
I too remember those days. You forgot where the bastard child frequently had it shoved in its face that they were somehow unworthy of respect because of their birth circumstances. Or how those wayward girls were often ostracized socially and financially.
Only a fool or a sadist would want to go back to those horrible times.
<quoted text>
Have you ever gotten a girl pregnant?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284147 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see abortion as a "war cry" and don't know anyone who does. I see that as a false premise from your side.
Why don't you focus on the fact that with 7B people roaming the planet, 315M of 'em here, there are over 4M annual live births to 800K annual abortions? Regardless of these numbers, there is a net gain of one person every 15 seconds in the good ol' USofA.
Why are you alive? I am sure now that this abortion crap
is from you medical people that have no respect for life.
Miscarriages are your business too aren't they?
You would rather deliver a dead baby than a live one.
What stupid!

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#284148 Feb 15, 2013
Katy is right wrote:
#284060 and #284063 missing from today!!
This is wrong you stinking antichoicers!!!
Docs got mod fukkinover people for him!!
Keep watching the numbers!!
Watch the skies !!! Tell the world....tell everybody wherever they are.....watch the skies !!! Watch for Doc !!!

“Game on !”

nyc

#284149 Feb 15, 2013
Liars wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY do they not exists??
Tell us you fraud!
Why they do not exists ? Who are you....Ricky Riccardo ?

That'll be the day when I have to have any posts from any of you lightweights removed. Grow up.

“Game on !”

nyc

#284150 Feb 15, 2013
Katy is right wrote:
I want to toss Doc's salad.
Is that you Vladdy ?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#284151 Feb 15, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Viability of a fetus is the ~potential~ to survive ~outside of the womb~, with OR without medical help.
That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help. RvW was talking about a FETUS when stating the medical definition of viability with regard to abortion, and because it's about abortion, it's about a human life IN UTERO. That wasn't about viability of an already born human life.
That's where the distinction is and one all PCers have missed and have argued based on ignorance of those facts.
Determining the viability of a born human isn't the same as determining viability of a fetus in utero. Both has to do with potential to survive, but in RvW and in the abortion issue it's about a fetus not a newborn.
A viable fetus and a viable newborn are 2 different things because it's 2 different phases of human life. One is in utero, the other is born. You people keep saying a fetus isn't the same as a born human being, yet with viability you suddenly want to equate the two? They aren't the same and is why viability of a fetus isn't the same as of a born infant, but neither fetus nor born infant is less of a human life than the other.
"Viability of a fetus is the ~potential~ to survive ~outside of the womb~, with OR without medical help.

That's not the same as viability of a newborn infant, because the newborn infant is already ~outside of the womb~, so it would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."

It's a given that fetus means inside the uterus and infant indicates born/outside the uterus.

You disagree with Doc. You are asserting that "viability" of an infant "would be about potential of the newborn infant to survive without medical help."

Doc is using the definition of viability, which includes WITH ALS.

Doc hasn't made a distinction between an MD's determination of viability of a fetus vs. an infant, that I know of.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#284152 Feb 15, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did, but in typical liberal fashion you weren't listening. I said when it is in the womb, it is a "baby" and killing it there would be. I'm saying that when it is in its earliest stages (days or a week or two for instance) in a test tube that it is not a baby, it's an embryo under scientific study. It would not be developed to 8-10+ weeks, injected with saline and then pulled apart a limb at time like an actual abortion does. Is that clear enough for you to understand?
You didn't answer my question until this post.

You say an embryo is a baby when it is inside a womb, but it is not a baby when it is inside a test tube.

So, you're cool with disposing of a frozen embryo, because to you that's not "killing a baby".

It has the potential to gestate to term. Both do. Why is one more valuable than the other, to you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,233,397
News Baltimore Bloodshed Continues; 28 Shot, 9 Dead ... 5 hr to the strongest 3
Violent Memorial Day in Baltimore Without a Spe... 7 hr perple nerple 4
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) 12 hr Petrolith 37
News Homicides in Baltimore up 40% 12 hr NIMBY 6
27 wounded 9 dead 16 hr Shep 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Bam 19,928
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]