Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310312 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284093 Feb 15, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what did you think about the weight of those two babies?
Impressed?
This was funny. After I gave birth to the 9 lb 15 ounce baby, nurses would come into my room to check me out, because they couldn't believe someone my size could have such a big baby! Ain't that something?
Must have been all the O'reos.
Isn't pregnancy a trip? The only flavor milkshake I wanted was strawberry my entire pregnancy. I never drank strawberry milkshakes. However, the child I delivered LOVES strawberries.

Didn't eat much red meat either. Just the sight of it made me nauseous.

Just odd. And funny.
Katy is right

United States

#284094 Feb 15, 2013
#284060 and #284063 missing from today!!

This is wrong you stinking antichoicers!!!

Docs got mod fukkinover people for him!!

Keep watching the numbers!!
Liars

United States

#284095 Feb 15, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Posts 283586 & 283499 do not exist.....at least not on the forum I'm on, which is why your link took me no where.
Doc has cred up the wazoo.
WHY do they not exists??

Tell us you fraud!
Katy is right

United States

#284096 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
#s 283499 and 283586 do not show up. the numbers are skipped on the pages.
half of my posts don't seem to show up at times even when there's nothing against TOS.
i think there's a biased MOD here.
probably any post you write that proves Doc wrong! its only posts proving Doc wrong getting pulledZ!

this stinks!!!!
Katy is right

United States

#284097 Feb 15, 2013
I want to toss Doc's salad.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#284098 Feb 15, 2013
witchway wrote:
If people are too stupid and don't care enough about themselves and the death of their babies they conceive, they should consider sterilization to accommodate their lifestyle. It would be wiser. It would avoid the inevitable guilt and anguish.
You cannot concieve? The abusers at the daycare couldn't either.
They shouldn't be with children. They love to hurt them.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284099 Feb 15, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is an issue decided individually by states. The federal umbrella covering abortion is during the first twelve weeks of pregnancy. No questions asked, no reasons needed to terminate an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy. As it should be. Since 98% of all annual abortions are performed during this time, the PLM needs to stop sucking the goop off that spoon and start living in reality.
Roe v Wade also protects women from forced abortion. Don't forget that in your misplaced zeal to overturn it, criticize it, or otherwise disrespect all it does for women you will never meet or know in your life time or beyond.
(is this Janice?)
I would have rathered you addressed the part about abortion becoming the war cry for the empowerment of women instead of their being humbled by it in the face of the overwhelming number of unborn babies aborted in the past three decades.

It's our prideful and selfish mentality that will be our downfall.

We reap what we sow. Call it Karma.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284100 Feb 15, 2013
Katy is right wrote:
#284060 and #284063 missing from today!!
This is wrong you stinking antichoicers!!!
Docs got mod fukkinover people for him!!
Keep watching the numbers!!
Apparently one of mine was removed this morning as well.

And it had nothing to do with abortion.

Either that or I had a computer glitch.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284101 Feb 15, 2013
Katy is right wrote:
I want to toss Doc's salad.
Caesar or side?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#284102 Feb 15, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I say that ever made you think I didn't get the connection.....or didn't get your juvenile, unfunny attempt at a jab ? You're not compelled to spell out anything. It's even more embarrassingly unfunny the second time around.
<quoted text>
There is nothing that exists on this earth that would ever validate Bitter's patently ridiculous statement.
Now try again and answer because all you've done up to this point is dodge......
Just how does a non viable preemie (which by definition CANNOT survive no matter what medical assistance is applied) survive with medical assistance to the point that it can REACH viability ?
<quoted text>
Ignore ? Ignore ??? I'm the one that said it to begin with ( Post #278266 ):
" There is no way to quantify what is 50% or what is 48%....or what is 52%. One physicians 50% may be another's 45% or another's 55%. What I do agree with is the basic premise that a physician must first conclude that an infant possesses the minimal basic lung function to survive before he applies medical assistance."
Ya like that, stupid ?
Enthusiastic to ignore my ass.
This will respond to both of your posts to me.

You stated:

"There is no way to quantify what is 50% or what is 48%....or what is 52%. One physicians 50% may be another's 45% or another's 55%."

So, under what authority do you make the statement that "[t]here is nothing that exists on this earth that would ever validate Bitter's patently ridiculous statement[;]" your contention that "the basic premise [is] that a physician must first conclude that an infant possesses the minimal basic lung function to survive before he applies medical assistance[?]"

Are you a physician, Doc? If not; who are you to say what is the "minimal basic lung function to survive[,]" or that such needs to be reached "before [a doctor] applies medical assistance[?]"

Bitner's statement, paraphrased, of course, was that medical assistance can be administered to help a preemie reach viability. And you say this statement is wrong, ipso facto, when you don't have the qualification to make a judgment on that statement, especially given your own statement above.

BTW, kudos to you! Thanks for taking my bait, hook line and sinker, and finding the post where I state that a preemie on medical assistance is already viable. You've already agreed that the exact point of viability is unquantifiable, so in a manner of speaking, you've validated Bitner's statement.

This is not a David & Goliath match up cara 'e culo. You can split hairs all you want, but bottom line, you're not an ObGyn, or a Pediatrician, despite that you play a "Doc" on Topix.

With that in mind, I'm going to amend my previous statement and say that a preemie on medical assistance is either already viable, or has been deemed potentially viable by someone that knows more about infants than you and me, or even my wife, since she's a Physiatrist, and not a Pediatrician. Neither Courts, nor dictionary publishers, interfere with how a doctor practices medicine, especially when he/she is acting in the scope of his/her medical training, judgment and/or experience.

So, when push comes to shove, who cares whether you, or me, or anyone else, calls a fetus non-viable. If the attending physician says otherwise, medical assistance will be administered. Fact is, however, you have expressly conceded to my position with regard to the lack of REQUIREMENT of medical assistance for viability to exist.

Doc, if you think you've "won;" what have you won? The only thing you've managed to do is display a much higher, and misguided disposition, to go find a post to "prove" someone else wrong, where it doesn't matter; in an anonymous internet forum. As if such was some sort of overly coveted title.

Go on and enjoy yourself Doc. Be sure to get Sassy, or Lynne to cash your "chips" for you. You'll probably have enough to buy your son more sandbags and shutters.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284103 Feb 15, 2013
This is off topic...but did anyone else see some of the videos of the meteor that whizzed right above Russia today injuring more than 1000 people?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#284104 Feb 15, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Esq.= Obnoxious.
Why do lawyers need to let others know they are lawyers? Does it give you credibility?
What's the difference between a lawyer and you? You would quit screwing someone when they die.
Guppy wrote:
BTW - Nice attitude. Want, want, want. Big Baby.
Better want, want, want, than need, need need. Don't ya think?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#284105 Feb 15, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
Doc has cred up the wazoo.
With a slut who stayed with a boyfriend who beat her up to the point she ended dropping to fetuses in the toilet and who goes around posting as Lil lily, a.k.a. Persevere, a.k.a. Lynne D, and with a dweeb who started posting as "Just Me," then graduated to Sassy JM, then to whatever the hell she's calling herself now.

Some fan club you have Doc.

Damn!!
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284106 Feb 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Seven pounds, 5 ounces. Perfectly healthy weight for a human neonate.
Wow...now you're judging the beauty of babies? Kinda creepy.
<quoted text>
Why bother feeding the feeder food, Cptr? You should be chasing it around the tank. jmo

:)

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#284107 Feb 15, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
This is off topic...but did anyone else see some of the videos of the meteor that whizzed right above Russia today injuring more than 1000 people?
Yup. Some light show!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#284108 Feb 15, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference between a lawyer and you? You would quit screwing someone when they die.
<quoted text>
Better want, want, want, than need, need need. Don't ya think?
It's good to be a little needy. Spoiled people suck.

You spoiled, counselor?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284109 Feb 15, 2013
Katy is right wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Moon when she comes back!! tell her to check her posts and then SIGN OUT! Then I bet she wont see her own posts to Doc!
I SAW Moons post to Doc PAROVING she had answeredc his question AND that she posted the numb3r of her post! Moons post had links and her answers to Docs question. And it's gone!!!!
Moon isnt banned. She has posts here but somehow she says she keeps answering Doc an he keeps saying the posts don't exist!!
Now its clear why!!!
Biased antichoice mod fukkinover choicers!!
The post numbers for Moons posts to Doc from a little while ago are missing proving I'M RIGHT!
Hopefully she'll see for herself.
Provided these don't get pulled.

:\
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284110 Feb 15, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Some light show!
And just a little too close for comfort.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#284111 Feb 15, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have rathered you addressed the part about abortion becoming the war cry for the empowerment of women instead of their being humbled by it in the face of the overwhelming number of unborn babies aborted in the past three decades.
It's our prideful and selfish mentality that will be our downfall.
We reap what we sow. Call it Karma.
I don't see abortion as a "war cry" and don't know anyone who does. I see that as a false premise from your side.

Why don't you focus on the fact that with 7B people roaming the planet, 315M of 'em here, there are over 4M annual live births to 800K annual abortions? Regardless of these numbers, there is a net gain of one person every 15 seconds in the good ol' USofA.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#284112 Feb 15, 2013
So far, I've enjoyed being on this thread having strong feelings and opinions about abortion. Bet you couldn't tell.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 1,262,073
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
Baltimores Big Mouth Prosecutor 11 hr Seed from the Sower 5
Many Candidates for President But No Solutions ... 17 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Whatever happened to . . . Lorenzo the Tramp (Feb '08) Mon Richard Kranium 8
Capital sex offender free in Baltimore. Mon Anwar al-Awlaki 21
News Ten shot, 2 dead in weekend violence Mon reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages