Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,441 - 266,460 of 305,077 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He answered. He said, "...that's ...*different*..."
See? "That circumstance is different then an embryo that begins it's conception in the womb as a result of mans natural connection with women."
So, you're saying he's saying "how" the egg is fertilized determines whether or not it's demise should be categorized as murder or ??. Or what?

hmm....so if an embryo is fertilized in a petri dish, then is implanted and begins to gestate, aborting it would not be "killing a baby" -- per his criteria. It's only murder if the sperm meets the egg because a man and woman have been fckin.

Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown reminds me someone who used to post here.
Still trying to put my finger on it.
Maybe BA. Not positive.
I've been on topixs for about 3 or 4 years, and was on topix a year or so before I signed up.

I'm very well know in one place, but only branched out to others a few months ago. I've never been on NY topixs under any other name, and only used other name for a short time a few years ago, on the other one. I was bro. John, so if anyone writes like me, then just pray for them. Lol
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thank goodness most people are more mature than that person. My RL name is easy to think of as" not serious." It's very feminine and sounds frivolous. No one has ever had difficulty taking me serious because of it.
I've always liked your name, for what its worth :)
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sto, the bible says that life is in the blood, so if a person must stop the heart from beating, then they gave killed a baby.
The bible also says that the moon produces it's own light, so it's accuracy isn't exactly spot on.

The bible says man is made is made from dust, too (or was it just Adam?), but there is no evidence of "mr dusty" anywhere.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.
There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.
I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?
Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases.
Under the direction of "safe sex ", we have more and more kids having sex.
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.
Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
"I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok."

Your juvenile, judgmental remarks do none of the above.

Abortion is ok for some and not others. It's not for you decide.

"There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion."

Your argument to illegalize abortion is a moral argument. Therefore, you should have an answer as to if you believe disposing of a frozen embryo is "killing a baby".

"Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases."

I completely disagree. I've not once heard of a woman intentionally getting pregnant so she could have an abortion. Have you?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "legalized murder". Murder is illegal killing. You cannot HAVE killing that is legal and illegal at the same time.
So anyone who had an abortion before abortion was legal was a murderer?
Anyone who has an illiegal abortion today is a murderer?

As long as it is done according to the law, it it not considered murder.

So as long as it is legal, then it is ok, correct?

This is a fact that has been true throughout time, no matter what it is, if it was legal to do then it was ok to do, or it is up to each person to decide if it is right or not.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible also says that the moon produces it's own light, so it's accuracy isn't exactly spot on.
The bible says man is made is made from dust, too (or was it just Adam?), but there is no evidence of "mr dusty" anywhere.
Its all according to how you wish to interpet the bible.
I've not read where it says the moon produces its own light, but the moon does produce light.
All must come from somewhere.
Even the sun must have some "source ",have you ever wondered how the sun can continue to burn and burn, yet never burn up?

Do you realize how big the sun is?
How much energy it takes and gives.

How the earth just floats around, along with all planets.

Prove adam wasn't made from dust.
After one dies, what happens to their body?

Given enough time, they go back to dust.

With all the amazing things in the world, it makes me wonder why people dumb it down to the very basics.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Banning all third trimester abortions unless the woman's life is threatened is already how it's set up. Most states have restrictions and strict guidelines for these unfortunate events.
Why wouldn't I support a federal ban? Because women would now have a duty to die for the country. Their fetus took precedence over their life. Physicians would be too hesitant to perform an abortion lest they get prosecuted for it.
Catholic countries allow women to die all the time. Their fetuses, too. That what you want for the USA?
Is it murder when the woman dies due to lack of abortion when ending the pregnancy would've saved her?
Most of the doctors that practice in the US are from other
countries. They pass a test and they are allowed to
practice here. Women are being raped everytime they are
being examined. If a women dies in childbirth, it is Gods
will. He takes her life.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying he's saying "how" the egg is fertilized determines whether or not it's demise should be categorized as murder or ??. Or what?
hmm....so if an embryo is fertilized in a petri dish, then is implanted and begins to gestate, aborting it would not be "killing a baby" -- per his criteria. It's only murder if the sperm meets the egg because a man and woman have been fckin.
So long as it's consensual, I guess. Maybe those embryos are "less" natural, less "deserving" of protection or of needing his voice because everything about their conception was artificial. Does he think the embryo is artificial, too? I dunno. It makes no sense to me, STO.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
will. He takes her life.
You might as well be from another country, too, if you think secular society is going to stand for women in the 21st century dying during childbirth because "God willed it" when in reality what happened was abortion was criminalized.

PS I wasn't raped last time I was examined. So your claim is a bit exaggerated.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.
There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.
I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?
Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases.
Under the direction of "safe sex ", we have more and more kids having sex.
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.
Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
Well, that's just one opinion. It really is a medical procedure, like any D&C.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always liked your name, for what its worth :)
Thanks, but I was talking about my real name. Elise is my middle name in "real life."

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Moron Lynniekins, its not ridiculous OR sensless. In fact, in a few short years, we'll have them. Its already happened with shark embryo's.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21905089
http://www.thesciencenews.info/2011/04/artifi...
But then, we know you dont give a shit about actual discussion, you'd MUCH rather dismiss anything ANYONE that's on your personal shit list as being "ridiculous" even tho its reality.
I was talking about viability being at 8 weeks being ridiculous to creat a hypothetical about, you ignorant buffoon. Stop trying to help your friends, because you only prove you aren't following what's being said because you have an irrationalk need to prove me wrong, when you don't know what you're talking about.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"So anyone who had an abortion before abortion was legal was a murderer?"

Abortion has never been considered murder in this country, just an illegal abortion.

"Anyone who has an illiegal abortion today is a murderer?"

No, they've just had an illegal abortion. Even Gosnell has not been charged with murder for the illegal late term abortions he performed, but for the woman who died, and the infants he killed.

"As long as it is done according to the law, it it not considered murder."

Forget we're talking about abortion for a moment, and share with us all how any killing can be legal and illegal at the same time.

"So as long as it is legal, then it is ok, correct?"

Who said anything about "okay"? I said it's not murder. And it's not.

"This is a fact that has been true throughout time, no matter what it is, if it was legal to do then it was ok to do, or it is up to each person to decide if it is right or not."

It is not a "fact" that anything legal is "okay". That is a subjective perception, not objective.

What it IS, is legal for a person to choose to do. And the fact is that murder is a legal term for illegal killing. Killing that is legal therefore, is not murder.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it is done according to the law, it it not considered murder.l
This is a fact that has been true throughout time, no matter what it is, if it was legal to do then it was ok to do, or it is up to each person to decide if it is right or not.
Abortion is okay because it is a moral right.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Viability is about a determition made at a certain gestational point as to the potential of a fetus surviving outside of the womb."
With ALS, per Doc.
The point at which a fetus is "viable" has changed, IF one considers medical technology today as opposed 30 years ago.
Medical technology may one day include an artifical womb.
So, your ad homs aside, when is a fetus viable?
Yes, with ALS, per Doc. But that's not what Katie understands. She's talking about viability of a newborn infant, which is different than viability of a fetus. She's the one not grasping the distinction.

"Artificial womb" is immaterial to a discussion on viability. You placed viability at 8 weeks in your hypothetical, and that's not going to happen.

Hypotheticals that have no basis in truth are ridiculous. Yours included "viable" when human life goes "from embryo to fetus" which = 8 weeks gestation. Not a realistic basis and is why your hypothetical is irrelevant.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
will. He takes her life.
Every sentence in that post is complete nonsense. Congratulations.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

With ALS per medical and legal definition of viable fetus, not "per Doc".

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
No fear "lilrabbitfoofoo". Although most PL define the beginning of life at conception, an "embryo" that is conceived, studied, and frozen in the very first stages of development, in a test tube and not the womb, would never meet the legal or scientific definition of "viable". Now considering that I am just one of 320+ million people in our country, here's where the nuance comes in on my opinion. That circumstance is different then an embryo that begins it's conception in the womb as a result of mans natural connection with women. Isn't that just crazy? Even crazier is I believe that unless the mothers very life is in jeopardy from the developing fetus that to abort the baby is not an option. Now this is the craziest of them all "lilrabbitfoofoo", I'm sorry, but that name alone makes it difficult to take anything you say seriously. Just saying it out loud paints the most ridiculous mental image. My apologies, I digress. In the case of rape and incest, that better happen in the first trimester, with the abortion being considered murder legally and charges filed against the rapist for that death.
Really well said, including about the name.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it is done according to the law, it it not considered murder.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sto, the bible says that life is in the blood, so if a person must stop the heart from beating, then they gave killed a baby.

STO replied: But a frozen embryo can implant and gestate. You consider it to be dead because the heart beat was stopped, however temporarily?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 1,079,014
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 4 hr IMGKNEE 121,137
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 5 hr SnuffAGlobalist 2
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 9 hr true one 295
Baltimore Stands with Israel 10 hr informant 19
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue bee 6335 18,536
SnuffAGlobalist Mon SnuffAGlobalist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE