Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310346 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#283714 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is the poster who was complaining about ad homs and juvenile behavior, yesterday.
Can't take you seriously because of your SN "...that name alone makes it difficult to take anything you say seriously. Just saying it out loud paints the most ridiculous mental image."
Sounds like a juvenile remark, to me.
Thank goodness most people are more mature than that person. My RL name is easy to think of as" not serious." It's very feminine and sounds frivolous. No one has ever had difficulty taking me serious because of it.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283715 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What a juvenile, judgmental remark. Unprovable, too.
How do posts like yours above contribute to the debate/discussion?
Imo, they don't.
You must have a reason for posting in this manner. What is it?
Gtown reminds me someone who used to post here.
Still trying to put my finger on it.
Maybe BA. Not positive.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283718 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
LilLynne is ignoring Doc's argument.
His entire point is that if a physician determines ALS will give an infant any chance at survival whatsoever, then by defintion, it is viable.
Hence, my hypothetical artificial womb.
Her argument is that if an artificial womb were needed, the fetus isn't viable, as it wouldn't be viable in a natural womb.
Which is more along the lines of what I think.
Sorry if this is a duplicate.

We see both points the same way, STO. Not sure how that would play out if Doc argued against it, though. Maybe it'd be easier for him to concede to Triple L than either you or me.

Didja read Foo's links? It's really fascinating, reading how different teams are creating artificial wombs. It looks like the second link has been translated to English, but is still easy enough to understand.

Thanks for the interesting info, Foo!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#283719 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if this is a duplicate.
We see both points the same way, STO. Not sure how that would play out if Doc argued against it, though. Maybe it'd be easier for him to concede to Triple L than either you or me.
Didja read Foo's links? It's really fascinating, reading how different teams are creating artificial wombs. It looks like the second link has been translated to English, but is still easy enough to understand.
Thanks for the interesting info, Foo!
I know a doc at Johns Hopkins, one that helped write Josie's Story who was doing some of the research on the artifical womb, that's how I knew about it to begin with. It really is fascinating stuff!
Anonymous

United States

#283720 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What a juvenile, judgmental remark. Unprovable, too.
How do posts like yours above contribute to the debate/discussion?
Imo, they don't.
You must have a reason for posting in this manner. What is it?
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.

There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.

I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?

Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases.
Under the direction of "safe sex ", we have more and more kids having sex.
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.

Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283721 Feb 13, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a doc at Johns Hopkins, one that helped write Josie's Story who was doing some of the research on the artifical womb, that's how I knew about it to begin with. It really is fascinating stuff!
It is! I wonder what artificial amniotic fluid would be comprised of after reading they were working on that, too.

Thanks, again, Foo.
(there is much i could say regarding Josie's Story, but maybe on FB instead)

<3
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#283722 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought everyone knew this.
I think most unborn babies even want to be aborted.
They come up with many stupid things, to help ease their conscience,or the ones that still have one at all.
You believe you met jesus and are saved, but it's everyone else who makes things up to clear their conscience. How hypocritical of you.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283723 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.
There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.
I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?
Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases.
Under the direction of "safe sex ", we have more and more kids having sex.
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.
Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
There is no such thing as "legalized murder". Murder is illegal killing. You cannot HAVE killing that is legal and illegal at the same time.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283724 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He answered. He said, "...that's ...*different*..."
See? "That circumstance is different then an embryo that begins it's conception in the womb as a result of mans natural connection with women."
So, you're saying he's saying "how" the egg is fertilized determines whether or not it's demise should be categorized as murder or ??. Or what?

hmm....so if an embryo is fertilized in a petri dish, then is implanted and begins to gestate, aborting it would not be "killing a baby" -- per his criteria. It's only murder if the sperm meets the egg because a man and woman have been fckin.

Anonymous

United States

#283725 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown reminds me someone who used to post here.
Still trying to put my finger on it.
Maybe BA. Not positive.
I've been on topixs for about 3 or 4 years, and was on topix a year or so before I signed up.

I'm very well know in one place, but only branched out to others a few months ago. I've never been on NY topixs under any other name, and only used other name for a short time a few years ago, on the other one. I was bro. John, so if anyone writes like me, then just pray for them. Lol
Anonymous

United States

#283726 Feb 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Thank goodness most people are more mature than that person. My RL name is easy to think of as" not serious." It's very feminine and sounds frivolous. No one has ever had difficulty taking me serious because of it.
I've always liked your name, for what its worth :)
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#283727 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sto, the bible says that life is in the blood, so if a person must stop the heart from beating, then they gave killed a baby.
The bible also says that the moon produces it's own light, so it's accuracy isn't exactly spot on.

The bible says man is made is made from dust, too (or was it just Adam?), but there is no evidence of "mr dusty" anywhere.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#283728 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.
There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.
I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?
Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases.
Under the direction of "safe sex ", we have more and more kids having sex.
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.
Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
"I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok."

Your juvenile, judgmental remarks do none of the above.

Abortion is ok for some and not others. It's not for you decide.

"There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion."

Your argument to illegalize abortion is a moral argument. Therefore, you should have an answer as to if you believe disposing of a frozen embryo is "killing a baby".

"Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases."

I completely disagree. I've not once heard of a woman intentionally getting pregnant so she could have an abortion. Have you?
Anonymous

United States

#283730 Feb 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "legalized murder". Murder is illegal killing. You cannot HAVE killing that is legal and illegal at the same time.
So anyone who had an abortion before abortion was legal was a murderer?
Anyone who has an illiegal abortion today is a murderer?

As long as it is done according to the law, it it not considered murder.

So as long as it is legal, then it is ok, correct?

This is a fact that has been true throughout time, no matter what it is, if it was legal to do then it was ok to do, or it is up to each person to decide if it is right or not.
Anonymous

United States

#283731 Feb 13, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible also says that the moon produces it's own light, so it's accuracy isn't exactly spot on.
The bible says man is made is made from dust, too (or was it just Adam?), but there is no evidence of "mr dusty" anywhere.
Its all according to how you wish to interpet the bible.
I've not read where it says the moon produces its own light, but the moon does produce light.
All must come from somewhere.
Even the sun must have some "source ",have you ever wondered how the sun can continue to burn and burn, yet never burn up?

Do you realize how big the sun is?
How much energy it takes and gives.

How the earth just floats around, along with all planets.

Prove adam wasn't made from dust.
After one dies, what happens to their body?

Given enough time, they go back to dust.

With all the amazing things in the world, it makes me wonder why people dumb it down to the very basics.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#283732 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Banning all third trimester abortions unless the woman's life is threatened is already how it's set up. Most states have restrictions and strict guidelines for these unfortunate events.
Why wouldn't I support a federal ban? Because women would now have a duty to die for the country. Their fetus took precedence over their life. Physicians would be too hesitant to perform an abortion lest they get prosecuted for it.
Catholic countries allow women to die all the time. Their fetuses, too. That what you want for the USA?
Is it murder when the woman dies due to lack of abortion when ending the pregnancy would've saved her?
Most of the doctors that practice in the US are from other
countries. They pass a test and they are allowed to
practice here. Women are being raped everytime they are
being examined. If a women dies in childbirth, it is Gods
will. He takes her life.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283733 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying he's saying "how" the egg is fertilized determines whether or not it's demise should be categorized as murder or ??. Or what?
hmm....so if an embryo is fertilized in a petri dish, then is implanted and begins to gestate, aborting it would not be "killing a baby" -- per his criteria. It's only murder if the sperm meets the egg because a man and woman have been fckin.
So long as it's consensual, I guess. Maybe those embryos are "less" natural, less "deserving" of protection or of needing his voice because everything about their conception was artificial. Does he think the embryo is artificial, too? I dunno. It makes no sense to me, STO.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283734 Feb 13, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the doctors that practice in the US are from other
countries. They pass a test and they are allowed to
practice here. Women are being raped everytime they are
being examined. If a women dies in childbirth, it is Gods
will. He takes her life.
You might as well be from another country, too, if you think secular society is going to stand for women in the 21st century dying during childbirth because "God willed it" when in reality what happened was abortion was criminalized.

PS I wasn't raped last time I was examined. So your claim is a bit exaggerated.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#283735 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm trying to show, just how dumb it is when people come up with all kinds of stupid reasons why killing an unborn child is ok.
There are people who have things frozen, but this is not normal and has nothing to do with the average abortion.
I was just curious, if any thought the aborting of a viable fetus was considered murder?
Most abortions are done, on a just becouse I can, and it is legal, bases.
Under the direction of "safe sex ", we have more and more kids having sex.
When you have more people having sex, you have more pregnancies, when you have more pregnancies, you have a need for more abortions.
Aborting a baby, who has its own heart, is legalized murder, and not like any other medical procedure.
Well, that's just one opinion. It really is a medical procedure, like any D&C.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#283736 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always liked your name, for what its worth :)
Thanks, but I was talking about my real name. Elise is my middle name in "real life."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Bluestater 1,263,793
News Politicians stumble on #blacklivesmatter 1 min xxxrayted 3
News Martin O'Malley Calls For Racial Bias Training ... 11 hr Just an observer 3
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 13 hr El Chapo 639
News Man shot in northwest Baltimore dies Sat reality is a crutch 1
The War on Police Has Consequences in Baltimore Fri Culture Auditor 1
News Presidential Candidates Who Ignore Race Are Mak... Jul 30 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages