Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,321 - 266,340 of 305,077 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Your conclusion is incorrect, at least as far as I'm concerned. I can't speak for Gtown. If I said you didn't respond and you did, then it was because I legitimately missed it....certainly not because I couldn't refute what you said.
Regardless, let's not focus on the past. Right now I asked you a serious question about RvW because I sincerely want to get your feedback.
You're up.
Uh, I answered your RvW question. Did you <ahem> miss it again?

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think without privacy, a woman wouldn't legally be allowed to terminate an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy without question during the first trimester?
Since the RvW court cited the right to privacy as the basis for the woman's right to terminate without question then the answer to that is obvious. No.

However in hindsight the RvW court, in the absence of the right to privacy ( which, contrary to the courts interpretation, in no way grants the right to abortion ), likely would have found another reason to justify the right to abortion.
The RvW decision was horrible....based on faulty logic at best. But the court knew what decision HAD to be made and simply backed into a way to justify it.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, I answered your RvW question. Did you <ahem> miss it again?
I may have. I'm only human. But after this post I went back and looked again and still couldn't find it. Can I have a post # please ?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prolife friends believe the embryo/fetus takes precedence over the girl/woman gestating it.
So you want me to believe you do not do the same?
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention genius...it's something you demonstrate you have a REAL problem doing.
I said all things being equal including rights, then the woman takes precedence. And I meant it. If a pregnancy is threatening a woman's life then the LIFE of the woman takes precedence over the life of the fetus. Right to life vs the Right to life.
Saying that a woman's right to privacy takes precedence over the fetus's right to life is NOT a case of the same or equal rights being considered for each.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think without privacy, a woman wouldn't legally be allowed to terminate an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy without question during the first trimester?
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the RvW court cited the right to privacy as the basis for the woman's right to terminate without question then the answer to that is obvious. No.
So in essence, you do place precedence of the embryo over that of the girl/woman gestating it.
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
However in hindsight the RvW court, in the absence of the right to privacy ( which, contrary to the courts interpretation, in no way grants the right to abortion ), likely would have found another reason to justify the right to abortion.
The RvW decision was horrible....based on faulty logic at best. But the court knew what decision HAD to be made and simply backed into a way to justify it.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I would find it interesting that you're under the delusion that its not, but its not shocking since you demean any faith that's not your verison of "faith".
<quoted text>
And ONCE AGAIN you're LYING, since he certainly HAS told people's he's Christian, and EVERYONE knows he's Christian.
And he's one hell of a better Christian than you will EVER be.
<quoted text>
While you would demean your version of "faith" and your version of jesus for the opportunity to post a lame insult.
Thank you, Foo.

Gtown is an idiot -- "der, you don't even tell people here you're a Christian, duh der der der."

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

That's me, little mary sunshine!

Just typing that hurt...
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Optimist! ;-D
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
....and it will NOT have ALS applied. Good, you're getting it.
If the physician DOES determine it possesses the basic lung function to survive with ALS then he will deem it viable and ALS will be applied. He will not apply ALS to a non viable fetus so it can REACH viability....as numbskulls like Bitter and Chicky have claimed.
<quoted text>
No stupid. The courts will never determine when viability is.
The court merely established a definition of WHAT viability is. Physicians still and always will be the ones to determine WHEN viability is.
<quoted text>
I don't know if any of this artificial surfactant talk is true but if it is and the technology was readily available, then a physician would have to consider it in determining viability. Don't like it ? Then petition the court to get the definition changed.
<quoted text>
NO ! You STILL don't get it. If artificial surfactant was available and a physician felt it could enable a fetus to survive, then he would deem the fetus viable and he would inject it. It would not be injected to "bring the fetus to viability". It would already BE viable. If it were not viable then it would not survive no matter what medical assistance is provided.....and that includes any hypothetical artificial surfactant.
<quoted text>
Great you brought it up before. Want a medal ?
What does it change ?
<quoted text>
I saw it... so what ? You still have no idea what you're talking about. Then OR now.
Babies survive today what they wouldn't have survived a hundred years ago. Artificial life support (ALS) brings a baby with at least a 50% capability to exchange its own gases to viability. That is all I've said and all I've meant every fcking time you've erroneously argued it like a sh*t flinging blithering fool.

Anyone ever mention what an irritant you are? Do you take pride in it?
Obskeptic

Birmingham, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a guy who truly didn't believe in God, who was saved by God, as decribed in the bible. So I am a biblical christian who has no problem attending any christian church for growth as a christian. You're correct when you say that there are many many different secs of "christians ",and all claim to be the true christians. I met God at home and was saved at home, which I am very thankful for. I line up who I am, by prayer, Gods Word, and common sense about it all.
So I geuss I cannot give you an answer, other then I was a sinner on my way to Hell, and now I'm a sinner on my way to Heaven.
I give All credit for any good I do or have had done to me to Jesus Christ, for He alone is worthy.
I believe that if anyone is truly serious about knowing God, instead of knowing about God, that they can call on Him, and He will reveal Himself to that person.
They don't have to know anything at all about Him, and they can be as sinful as they come.
He died once and for all.
He rose again once and for all.
Amen!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
RAmen!

:-D
Obskeptic

Birmingham, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
What a refreshing poster you are Doc. It's a pleasure to have someone grown up that can seriously discuss the topic in all of it's ugliness and controversy.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So in essence, you do place precedence of the embryo over that of the girl/woman gestating it.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what "in essence" means. I already told you, when similar rights are comparatively considered for each, the woman's should always take precedence. The woman's right to privacy however is NOT similar to the fetus's right to life, and should in no way supercede it. Oh, I know legally it does right now....but it shouldn't. The right to privacy is already restricted in cases where innocent human life is/may be in peril.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies survive today what they wouldn't have survived a hundred years ago.
Exactly. That is why "available" medical technology is considered when making a determination of viability. The exact same infant born 100 years ago may not have been considered viable then but due to current medical technology......is considered viable today. That is... considered viable by doctors....not by the court as you so ridiculously said I claim.

Artificial life support (ALS) brings a baby with at least a 50% capability to exchange its own gases to viability.
Wrong. ALS does NOT "bring" it to viability. If a doctor determines it can benefit from ALS then he has ALREADY deemed it viable. The ALS does not "bring" it to viability.
After all this time you STILL do not get it. Amazing.

That is all I've said and all I've meant every fcking time
And if that's what you've been saying then you've been wrong every fcking time. How does it feel to be consistently stupid for so
long ?
you've erroneously argued it like a sh*t flinging blithering fool.
It would only be erroneously argued if I was wrong. But I'm not.

Something seems to have rubbed you the wrong way. You're vile little sewer mouth is working overtime !
Anyone ever mention what an irritant you are? Do you take pride in it?
Yes as a matter of fact YOU have mentioned it. And I love it every time you do.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
What a refreshing poster you are Doc. It's a pleasure to have someone grown up that can seriously discuss the topic in all of it's ugliness and controversy.
Thanks. I think highly of your posting as well.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
That's me, little mary sunshine!
Just typing that hurt...
<quoted text>
LOL, sorry :)
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Lol. Wow...
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
Lol. Wow...
WOW. Lol :)/(: loL. WOW

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW. Lol :)/(: loL. WOW
What?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What?
Where?

I hope you have a good day elise in burque :)
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. That is why "available" medical technology is considered when making a determination of viability. The exact same infant born 100 years ago may not have been considered viable then but due to current medical technology......is considered viable today. That is... considered viable by doctors....not by the court as you so ridiculously said I claim.
<quoted text>
Wrong. ALS does NOT "bring" it to viability. If a doctor determines it can benefit from ALS then he has ALREADY deemed it viable. The ALS does not "bring" it to viability.
After all this time you STILL do not get it. Amazing.
<quoted text>
And if that's what you've been saying then you've been wrong every fcking time. How does it feel to be consistently stupid for so
long ?
<quoted text>
It would only be erroneously argued if I was wrong. But I'm not.
Something seems to have rubbed you the wrong way. You're vile little sewer mouth is working overtime !
<quoted text>
Yes as a matter of fact YOU have mentioned it. And I love it every time you do.
You rub me the wrong way. All this time you say you're PC and you're not. You are PL who holds exceptions. That is all.

And you are wrong about viability. without the ALS, the baby is not viable. The ALS brings it to viability. Subtle difference you refuse to concede.

But it sure doesn't stop your antisocial, name-calling, idiotic, blithering fool behavior. No, because apparently you throw your head back, and get off on it.

Go you. Must be proud.

<major eyeroll>

Think what you want. You're wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min positronium 1,079,102
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 11 hr IMGKNEE 121,137
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 12 hr SnuffAGlobalist 2
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) 16 hr true one 295
Baltimore Stands with Israel 16 hr informant 19
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue bee 6335 18,536
SnuffAGlobalist Mon SnuffAGlobalist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE