Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,261 - 266,280 of 305,467 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Anonymous

United States

#283523 Feb 11, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Quick Question, Catholic or some other Christian Sect?
Not sure what you're asking, but no matter where or what anyone is raised in we all have different views about Jesus Christ.

I was raised as a child to believe in Jesus, but after things happening in my life, I decided that All I was taught was wrong.
I still remember the night I decided there was No God, and all I was taught was a lie.

I remained this way untill age 29, when I was woken up, by God and after I yeiled to Him, He saved my soul and changed my view on life forever.

A few months later I found out what happened to me.

The bible described exactly what happened to me.

I have since then realized that many go to church or claim a certain God will be their God.

Usualy this is what they were taught, or becouse that certain god fit their life.

Many are atheist, becouse they cannot find a god, that is ok with the life they wish to live.

I became an atheist, after finding my father dead, and the woman who carried me to church for years, begain to live a life that was the opposite of what a christian should be.

The way our parents live and raise us has a huge impact on our lives.

I now know that God is real, becouse only God could do what He did in my life.
Only God can make a man, like the ex guitar player of korn, to walk away from all the women, drugs, money, power that comes with it,and become a dad and a person who is a child of God.

I simply tell how I was saved. Many hate my story, and wish I would go away.

I could easily go away, but just don't feel lead to do so yet.

So whether they are catholic, baptist, morman, or atheist, if they don't know Jesus Christ as the Only way to Heaven, then they have a twisted view on Jesus Christ.
They should kill this view and look again.

If someone is serious about finding God, then they can find Him.
Most that don't want their life to change, or concern theirself with eternity will not look for God.

A person must be at a point in their life, where they are "willing " to let anything go, for the truth.

With sooo many voices screaming truth, they cannot all be.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#283524 Feb 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Set yourself straight, Doc.
You're better at it than I ever want to be :)
Naturally. YOU tell ME that I'm mixing up viable and viability and then when asked to explain something that YOU raised, you cowardly beg off.
I figured as much. You're nothing if not predictable.
You have no idea yourself what the difference is.....other than one is a noun and one is an adjective.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#283525 Feb 11, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Conversion would be a bonus for him, but its more like the idiot - Gtown - is simply doing his "christian duty" which apparently includes demeaning ever faith that doesn't follow HIS "version" of faith.
If you read one of his posts, you will have metaphorically read them all. The boy is pathetic.
Thank you, while I do admire his passion, it is often the zealots who cause the greatest harm. I know little of the actual beliefs, but have two very good friends who are of the "reformed" Jewish faith. I was told this is a little more Liberal than the orthodox version. They often order "pork sandwiches" on Fridays during Lent just to stict it to me. We do oppose one another on a lot of social issues, which surprises me. Why are those of the Jewish Faith much more liberal than conservative?

“Game on !”

nyc

#283526 Feb 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you fathom visualizing an unformed, unaware, and unknown embryo as an "innocent developing human life" above and beyond the almost-grown girl or full-grown woman AND giving it precedence over same is the actual idiocy?
Who believes that ? Not me. All things and rights being equal I believe the born woman should ALWAYS take precedence. You just make stuff up.

It'll take extra work on your part to set yourself straight, Doc.
About what ? You don't even know what you're talking about.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#283527 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>Wager, with 2000 year of history behind it, my guess would be, you won't see much of difference, although there is a more "liberal" group of bishops, but it is in a minority and the chances of them making much of difference in the upcoming election, not good. No wager, but lets see what tomorrow brings versus shooting the guy before he gets his Staff and Mitre!
Okay, maybe he won't be feeble:-)
Anonymous

United States

#283528 Feb 11, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Conversion would be a bonus for him, but its more like the idiot - Gtown - is simply doing his "christian duty" which apparently includes demeaning ever faith that doesn't follow HIS "version" of faith.
If you read one of his posts, you will have metaphorically read them all. The boy is pathetic.
I'm not trying to talk you into anything, just saying there is a God.

If God "converts " you, then you will be converted, any thing else is something you were talked into, or talked yourself into.

You stand for many things, that are in opposition to A Holy God.
Even a Jewish God.

May God bless His people, and I pray His people bless Him.

Atrisco Village

#283529 Feb 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you're asking....
It's a simple question. Are you Catholic or another Christian sect? Leave it to you to steal the opportunity to talk about your self and tediously pontificate.

Atrisco Village

#283531 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>Thank you, while I do admire his passion, it is often the zealots who cause the greatest harm. I know little of the actual beliefs, but have two very good friends who are of the "reformed" Jewish faith. I was told this is a little more Liberal than the orthodox version. They often order "pork sandwiches" on Fridays during Lent just to stict it to me. We do oppose one another on a lot of social issues, which surprises me. Why are those of the Jewish Faith much more liberal than conservative?
That's a good question. I wonder if it's American Jews that tend to be progressive. I mean, look at Netanyahu; he's quite the Conservative.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283533 Feb 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally. YOU tell ME that I'm mixing up viable and viability and then when asked to explain something that YOU raised, you cowardly beg off.
I figured as much. You're nothing if not predictable.
You have no idea yourself what the difference is.....other than one is a noun and one is an adjective.
What do you care? You've not been interested in a serious discussion with me for years. And if you were, you'd know how to pull old posts and find serious answers from me among these.

FWIW, I believe you do want the courts to determine the benchmarks of when ALS is used rather than the physicians. I think you want it to be as early as possible, even if only one newborn survives. And I think you want this regardless of the costs and expenses involved for all parties (including the newborn) whether financial, physical, and/or emotional.

Location hidden

#283534 Feb 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you're asking, but no matter where or what anyone is raised in we all have different views about Jesus Christ.
I was raised as a child to believe in Jesus, but after things happening in my life, I decided that All I was taught was wrong.
I still remember the night I decided there was No God, and all I was taught was a lie.
I remained this way untill age 29, when I was woken up, by God and after I yeiled to Him, He saved my soul and changed my view on life forever.
A few months later I found out what happened to me.
The bible described exactly what happened to me.
I have since then realized that many go to church or claim a certain God will be their God.
Usualy this is what they were taught, or becouse that certain god fit their life.
Many are atheist, becouse they cannot find a god, that is ok with the life they wish to live.
I became an atheist, after finding my father dead, and the woman who carried me to church for years, begain to live a life that was the opposite of what a christian should be.
The way our parents live and raise us has a huge impact on our lives.
I now know that God is real, becouse only God could do what He did in my life.
Only God can make a man, like the ex guitar player of korn, to walk away from all the women, drugs, money, power that comes with it,and become a dad and a person who is a child of God.
I simply tell how I was saved. Many hate my story, and wish I would go away.
I could easily go away, but just don't feel lead to do so yet.
So whether they are catholic, baptist, morman, or atheist, if they don't know Jesus Christ as the Only way to Heaven, then they have a twisted view on Jesus Christ.
They should kill this view and look again.
If someone is serious about finding God, then they can find Him.
Most that don't want their life to change, or concern theirself with eternity will not look for God.
A person must be at a point in their life, where they are "willing " to let anything go, for the truth.
With sooo many voices screaming truth, they cannot all be.
The reason for my question, which you failed to answer, is the Christianity gets painted with many strokes, all claiming to have anchor in truth. If you are going to Evangelize your faith, let be clear as to what faith you are evanglizing! There are great differences in those of who believe in Jesus Christ, so for the sake of further discussions, I need to understand under what umbrella your preaching from.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283535 Feb 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
New York, Washington, California, and a few others had legal abortion prior to Roe. How could you forget this? Gonna take lotsa work to set yourself straight there, Doc.
California did NOT have legal elective abortion prior to 1973 genius. Who needs lotsa work ?

In any case the fact that 4 states out of 50 had legal unrestricted abortion prior to 1973 was NOT the point. The point was that in the overwhelming majority of states elective abortion was ILLEGAl. And my question to Wrong (not) Right Loon was would she have been OK with that ? Would she have been OK with saying she defended the rights of woman to choose "within the law"....meaning would she have been OK with the fact that her defense of a woman's choice WITHIN THE LAW would have meant that she was defending the restriction of a woman's abortion rights in 46 of 50 states.

THAT was the point genius.
Do you EVER....I mean EVER ....get anything right ?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283536 Feb 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Who believes that ? Not me. All things and rights being equal I believe the born woman should ALWAYS take precedence. You just make stuff up.
<quoted text>
About what ? You don't even know what you're talking about.
Your prolife friends believe the embryo/fetus takes precedence over the girl/woman gestating it.

So you want me to believe you do not do the same?

Location hidden

#283537 Feb 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good question. I wonder if it's American Jews that tend to be progressive. I mean, look at Netanyahu; he's quite the Conservative.
Exactly my point. And in my travels across Europe, I have met many conservative Jewish people, but here, very progressive. Is it the water?

Location hidden

#283538 Feb 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prolife friends believe the embryo/fetus takes precedence over the girl/woman gestating it.
So you want me to believe you do not do the same?
NOt to interfere with the conversation you were having, but when you say takes precedence, under what circumstances would that even come up?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283539 Feb 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
California did NOT have legal elective abortion prior to 1973 genius. Who needs lotsa work ?
In any case the fact that 4 states out of 50 had legal unrestricted abortion prior to 1973 was NOT the point. The point was that in the overwhelming majority of states elective abortion was ILLEGAl. And my question to Wrong (not) Right Loon was would she have been OK with that ? Would she have been OK with saying she defended the rights of woman to choose "within the law"....meaning would she have been OK with the fact that her defense of a woman's choice WITHIN THE LAW would have meant that she was defending the restriction of a woman's abortion rights in 46 of 50 states.
THAT was the point genius.
Do you EVER....I mean EVER ....get anything right ?
Yes, all the time. It's not my problem it flies right over your head. Btw, seventeen is more than four.

"In the 1960s, states began reforming their strict antiabortion laws, so that when the Supreme Court made abortion legal nationwide, legal abortions were already available in 17 states under a range of circumstances beyond those necessary to save a woman's life (see box)."
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/tgr/06/1/gr060...

(the box is at the bottom of the page and CA is one of those states, just like i mentioned)

The point's been made more often than I count, that within those laws, pregnant women were free to leave their home states, go to those states with legal abortion, and obtain the same. So your question to LNM is moot.

Why don't you start showing some respect and using people's actual SNs? You want me to begin referring to you as bawkbawkdoc?'Cause you seem chicken to actually use your brain for anything aside from ad homs.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283540 Feb 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you care? You've not been interested in a serious discussion with me for years. And if you were, you'd know how to pull old posts and find serious answers from me among these.
You brought it up. You said I was confusing the two. I asked you to set me straight. So far you've had two chances to answer....two chances to engage in a so called serious discussion....and you turn tail and run. You're a phony.
FWIW, I believe you do want the courts to determine the benchmarks of when ALS is used rather than the physicians. I think you want it to be as early as possible, even if only one newborn survives. And I think you want this regardless of the costs and expenses involved for all parties (including the newborn) whether financial, physical, and/or emotional.
Wrong. I do not want the courts to determine the benchmarks of when ALS is used. Need to hear it again ? Or are you going to come back again and recite the same inaccurate bullshit all over again ?
What I believe brainless one ( now pay attention I'm gonna go
slow )......is that MD's will ALWAYS make the determination of when ALS is used. However, legally, and in accordance with RvW's precedent setting definition, they CANNOT declare an infant non-viable if it needs ALS. Once THEY make the determination that ALS should be used, then they have already made the determination that that infant is viable. Get the distinction ?
Or are you still as dense as a rock ?

Atrisco Village

#283541 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>Exactly my point. And in my travels across Europe, I have met many conservative Jewish people, but here, very progressive. Is it the water?
That would be nice, lol.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#283542 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>NOt to interfere with the conversation you were having, but when you say takes precedence, under what circumstances would that even come up?
Doc and I are discussing elective abortion.

Of all annual abortions, 98% are performed between 7-8wks gestation. This is on an embryo the size of a Tic Tac.

When people claim they want elective abortion criminalized because the "teeny tiny baby with a heart beat is being maliciously killed," imo, they're putting precedence of the embryo over the girl/woman gestating it.
Anonymous

United States

#283543 Feb 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an excellent post.
Thank feces, I try to write things that are true, even though they are not always welcome.

Do you like it when people tell you what you want to hear, or do you prefer them telling you what you need to hear?

“Game on !”

nyc

#283544 Feb 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very often when I take the time to write posts for the purpose of discussion or answering questions those posts get ignored. Most recently I wrote a detailed response to a question Gtown asked and there was no response.
As you recall, you once accused me of not answering a question you asked, I told you that I had taken the time to write an in depth answer and you didn't believe it, so I hunted down the post to show you. This happens a lot. I can only conclude that the questioner can't refute my responses so they just skip them.
Your conclusion is incorrect, at least as far as I'm concerned. I can't speak for Gtown. If I said you didn't respond and you did, then it was because I legitimately missed it....certainly not because I couldn't refute what you said.

Regardless, let's not focus on the past. Right now I asked you a serious question about RvW because I sincerely want to get your feedback.

You're up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,100,625
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Bently 18,880
gay hookup in maryland 5 hr Mdkid 4
One Action Movie Can Damage a Mind for Life 7 hr HidingInMyCave 6
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Thu Raptor in Michigan 120,152
Review: Dundalk Animal Hospital - Dennis G Fost... (Jan '09) Aug 28 time 26
How can I find a active biker dating site ? Aug 26 kobe 1
•••
•••
Baltimore Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••