Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,311)

Showing posts 266,201 - 266,220 of303,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

But...but...books are HARD!
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You pride yourself on being uneducated (unedumacated, in your language) and yet you try to educate the educated. Hilarious. Btw, I lived in India as a child. There are few cattle in that country. One can't eat beef in India, but one can eat water buffalo, which are plentiful. The hunger problem has nothing to do with people being forbidden from eating a cow, silly. The hunger problem in the world is all about politics and power. Really, read a damn book, buddy. Take a class. Do something with your brain. You are woefully ignorant.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is, but there is not evidence to support your misguided claim of truth.
I'm not sure why God says that by grace are we saved, through faith?
It is a gift, since there is nothing anyone can do to deserve salvation.

If I were able to build my own god, I'm sure I would change things, but only to find out, that I should have left God alone.

There may not be any evidence, other then the bible, and since God could have came yo earth at any time, and yet chose that time, then who knows -God knows.

There is no evidence against God either, no matter what mans trys to say.

Just like the 10 comandments were written in stone.
Gold was available, along with other things, but God chose stone.

With stone -you either keep them or you break them.

I for one broke Gods law, and was facing judgement.
I needed a savior, and I now have one.
That is all I am really trying to do, is tell others about this wonderful savior I found. At the same time I and those others get side tracked about abortion, cow worship, what the bible says and doesn't say.

It is all by faith. People believe the bible by faith.
People believe books that are against the bible by faith.

I believe to the point, that I call it fact, but will not know for certain till I die, and sadly many non -believers will not know if they are right or wrong untill they die.

I fully understand why some non believers wish all religions would just go away, and the world would be better off, but I now know it is not ever going to happen.

If people only knew me 13 years ago. Most on here would have loved me!

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Depended; she took a couple months off after each pregnancy; after that, it would be my father or one of her friends in the neighborhood. I really don't recall, oddly enough.

Yes, I can blame so-called profesional journalists who stirred up anti-gay hysteria to get ratings. They never bothered to point out the other groups at risk, or the rise of HIV in the hetero community. That is why WE worked directly with medical researchers to get real information out to the community.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you were a baby - who took care of you when your mother was gone all day?
Some of the information that came out in the beginning about aides may have been wrong, but you really can't blame anyone. A lot of people were baffled. It was only normal to be fearful.
Thanks about the comment about me being ten. I appreciate it. You could be 80, by the way you act.
Are you a guy or a girl?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
No, I'm not wrong. You are. Hindus do not worship cows.
Now, please, do share what I supposedly said about your God that was "wrong".
Some "SOME" -SOME- hindus do worship cows.
It could even be "MANY " according to what worship means to people.
As far as my God and my God being relevant to you and your beliefs, then if my God, just so happens to be The One and Only True God 'and I believe He is ",then He is relevant ,to not only you, but all of us.

I was never looking for a religion to join, or a club, when the One True God saved my soul, and forever changed my life.

There is no magic formula, or pattern of words that must be said. If a person is at a place in his /her life, where they need to know if there is a Real God, and the call our to this Real God, from a broken spirit and humble heart, then the One True God will come forth and save that persons soul.

He is the Only One Who can, and He will reveal His Nane to that person when He wills.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Do you even know what a t-cell is?

The gay community educated itself because most american researchers weren't even bosease prevention.thering to do anything. Hell, reagan ignored government protocols oncerning epidemics just to avoid being seen as helping gays. In elise's case, she's a nurse, and nurses are trained in communicable disease prevention.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you know. Are you an aides researcher?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

You're the one who can't spell, idiot.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You and goo-goo eyes should get together and read about aides before you run your mouth.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
No, I'm not wrong. You are. Hindus do not worship cows.
Now, please, do share what I supposedly said about your God that was "wrong".
Hey, he "seen commercial on dish network." Shoo, he done googled it. Lmao!

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

No, we don't need to worship. I worship no deity or supernatural force. Don't need to; reality is better through clear lenses.
Gtown71 wrote:
People have worshiped many many things and still do, from animals to wood carvings, moon, sun, and most people worship themselves.
People need to worship, becouse God put in every person that need.
People just wish to worship any and everything, BUT what they should.
People need God.
If people had God, and walked in His light, it would solve all problems, but even those who have God wonder in and out of the Light.
Some are in more then others.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
But...but...books are HARD!
<quoted text>
Yep. Especially the ones with them fancy, city-folk words. Lol
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why God says that by grace are we saved, through faith?
It is a gift, since there is nothing anyone can do to deserve salvation.
If I were able to build my own god, I'm sure I would change things, but only to find out, that I should have left God alone.
There may not be any evidence, other then the bible, and since God could have came yo earth at any time, and yet chose that time, then who knows -God knows.
There is no evidence against God either, no matter what mans trys to say.
Just like the 10 comandments were written in stone.
Gold was available, along with other things, but God chose stone.
With stone -you either keep them or you break them.
I for one broke Gods law, and was facing judgement.
I needed a savior, and I now have one.
That is all I am really trying to do, is tell others about this wonderful savior I found. At the same time I and those others get side tracked about abortion, cow worship, what the bible says and doesn't say.
It is all by faith. People believe the bible by faith.
People believe books that are against the bible by faith.
I believe to the point, that I call it fact, but will not know for certain till I die, and sadly many non -believers will not know if they are right or wrong untill they die.
I fully understand why some non believers wish all religions would just go away, and the world would be better off, but I now know it is not ever going to happen.
If people only knew me 13 years ago. Most on here would have loved me!
You're ridiculously closed minded and absurdly arrogant. It's hardly worth debating anything with you.

You can not provide any evidence that the bible you worship is "the word of God".
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some "SOME" -SOME- hindus do worship cows.
Please back up this claim with some evidence.

Every post of yours is littered with unbelievable BS and/or your religious delusions.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had self-confidence, you wouldn't have to be a blowhard. When people brag about themselves - they are insecure. You are insecure.
I thrive from your attention. Don't flatter yourself. What are you doing here? Thought you were so busy saving lives. Guess that isn't true.
Never said I was clever. You did.
You are very disrespectful here, so I am sure you treat your patients poorly too. It's in your nature.
Try for one day to be pleasant.
Oh, and stop your lying.
I read this stupid Roe vs Wade and it doesn't make any sense.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
My mother worked and raised a family of very independent children. My father did the same. We knew what was expected of us and we did it. It's not that hard.
AIDS coverage was piss-poor. Aside from the fact that it was always out-of-date by the time it got reported, there were such lovely errors as it being caused by amyl nitrate use, that you could get it from airborne particles, and that you couldn't transfer it unless there were visible symptoms.
I am HIV-, and luck had nothing to do with it. Safe-sex techniques are effective when you follow them.
With what you "know", you could be 10.
My parents were catholic; I outgrew it.
Nope; one of the youngest.
<quoted text>
Vladdy you TEACH safe sex and you have AIDS. Not a great endorsement. You knbow it is all that anonymous twink sex you older gays can't stay away from.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not. You're just not funny.
No, you are not funny! Witless but not funny.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You worship yourself. Every one of your self-centered, self-serving posts show that to be true.
No, that would be pagans. Christians beleive in the one true God, our Lord and Savior. You proabortion pagans believe in what ever makes you feel good on any day. Foo bleieves in a lesbian goddess, bitter in a twinkie goddess, you in whatever god or goddess makes you feel superior to others.

You pagans are poster children for self-centered childish beliefs.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ridiculously closed minded and absurdly arrogant. It's hardly worth debating anything with you.
You can not provide any evidence that the bible you worship is "the word of God".
Perhaps, but no one has ever provided any evidence that says its not.
One would think out of all those writers, over all those years, that there would be tons of stuff to your advantage, especially now that the world is so so smart.

God is real, and every knee shall bow one day.

As far as your other question, just goggle, or ask bitner, they have better sources :)
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be pagans. Christians beleive in the one true God, our Lord and Savior. You proabortion pagans believe in what ever makes you feel good on any day. Foo bleieves in a lesbian goddess, bitter in a twinkie goddess, you in whatever god or goddess makes you feel superior to others.
You pagans are poster children for self-centered childish beliefs.
A m e n
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
Education can be a great thing, but it is according to what you are being educated about.
Some "many " are ever learning, but never able to come to the "TRUTH"
A good education IS a great thing. That's why militant religionists have OPPOSED it, especially for girls and women.

In their tiny little minds, a good education is a threat to what they want everyone to BELIEVE. Unfortuntely, for you and the rest of the religious extremists, you can't force people to attend church or require public school students to attend "christian" bible study classes anymore. So people CAN get a good education, WITHOUT all the faith-based bull you want forced on them.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mentally, these right-wing misogynist guys are stuck in the 19th century and can't seem to get past it. In his essay "The Subjection of Women," John Stuart Mill said this:

"The general opinion of men is supposed to be, that the natural vocation of a woman is that of a wife and mother. I say, is supposed to be, because, judging from acts -- from the whole of the present condition of society -- one might infer that their opinion was the direct contrary. They might be supposed to think that the alleged natural vocation of women was of all things the most repugnant to their nature; insomuch that if they are free to do anything else -- if any other means of living, or occupation of their time and faculties, is open, which has any chance of appearing desirable to them -- there will not be enough of them who will be willing to accept the condition said to be natural to them. If this is the real opinion of men in general, it would be well that it should be spoken out. I should like to hear somebody openly enunciating the doctrine (it is already implied in much that is written on the subject)-- "It is necessary to society that women should marry and produce children. They will not do so unless compelled. Therefore it is necessary to compel them."

I think Mill's assessment was 100% accurate. I think that the male policy and law makers of the 18th and 19th centuries, in both church and state, DID believe that it was "necessary" (for THEM, of course) to compel women into being wives, mothers and NOTHING more.

To that end, girls received far less education than boys did, and they couldn't attend college. Women were barred from almost all the trades and professions that would allow them to live as financially independent single women. The few occupations that women COULD enter paid far less to women than to men doing the same job. And of course, women weren't allowed to VOTE.

This is exactly the type of injustice and open discrimination against women that the 19th and 20th century feminists fought so hard to eliminate, and, no doubt, what many conservative right-wing guys would like to see women returned to. These guys can't get past the fact that both marriage and motherhood are now CHOICES, which women can REJECT if they don't want to be wives or mothers.

Obskeptic

Birmingham, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
My mother worked and raised a family of very independent children. My father did the same. We knew what was expected of us and we did it. It's not that hard.
AIDS coverage was piss-poor. Aside from the fact that it was always out-of-date by the time it got reported, there were such lovely errors as it being caused by amyl nitrate use, that you could get it from airborne particles, and that you couldn't transfer it unless there were visible symptoms.
I am HIV-, and luck had nothing to do with it. Safe-sex techniques are effective when you follow them.
With what you "know", you could be 10.
My parents were catholic; I outgrew it.
Nope; one of the youngest.
<quoted text>
By chance were you an alter boy that had a "special" relationship with the priest? I was also raised Catholic, the middle of five, and for awhile we all thought my youngest brother was gay. He has more kids then any of us at four.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 266,201 - 266,220 of303,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance