Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,263
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#283453 Feb 11, 2013
Arawak wrote:
All you abortion right activist are a bunch of hypocrites seeking a attention.
If human life is so valuable, why aren't you all in the trailor parks and ghetto's saving babies who are ALIVE!
Instead you focus on fetus who are not even viable.
In other words, you protect the egg but don't give a hoot about the chicken.
You all need to go find some other cause because no one is buying your true intent.
Do I get an Amen.
Amen brother, preach brother.
Pastor Arawak
why is this an either/or with you??

All children should be protected from murder. ALL!!
Praise Be

United States

#283454 Feb 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So am I. You could become educated, too, but you can't be lazy.
More pompous bravado!. We get it. Your shit doesn't stink!
Praise Be

United States

#283455 Feb 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's her fallback thing whenever she makes an ass of herself.
You should stfu! You and your atheism you love so much! All you do is claim there is no God. Nobody cares what you think about God! Your going to be so surprised when your judgement days comes and you face the ONE TRUE GOD!! THAT will be your PROOF!!! Your the worst! At least the others believe in SOMETHING even though their wrong! You can't be bothered to believe in ANYTHING! You think being an athiest is just so great because your IG-NOR-ANT!!!!
Praise Be

United States

#283456 Feb 11, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter has aides? What? That's not possible. He's into the safe method.
Homosexuality is like a terrible disease!! It makes our country look so Godless and perverted! The pagans and the atheist just love the perverted gays on here while they bash on decent God loving Christian people!!

These murderous gay loving creatures!!
Praise Be

United States

#283457 Feb 11, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Elsie - you are so funny. Not.
Try to be a little humble.
I think I hear the hospital calling. They want you to clean up the blood and gore from the floor.
Chop/Chop..
Elise is just so sure her shit doesn't stink!! Elise is such a pompous blowhard! People who can't be bothered with God are often conceited and think their shit doesn't stink. What an ugly way to be!!

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#283459 Feb 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still trying to decide if you want the courts to determine medicine.
Not by any stretch. But the courts can establish the legal definition of "viable" (which they did) and still let the doctors make the medical decisions.....including determining which infants can and will benefit from medical assistance.
Oh and Doc? Friendly reminder, I'll post when I feel like it. And ignore when I feel like it.
Whoever said you couldn't ? Just don't think you can respond to a post that wasn't even directed at you in the first place...mention the "slimy bone"...and then turn around and complain about that same slimy bone being resurrected. You sound kinda mental when you do something like that.
I asked you to set me straight on the difference between "viable" ad "viability". I didn't see any answer. Well ???

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283460 Feb 11, 2013
Praise Be wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stfu! You and your atheism you love so much! All you do is claim there is no God. Nobody cares what you think about God! Your going to be so surprised when your judgement days comes and you face the ONE TRUE GOD!! THAT will be your PROOF!!! Your the worst! At least the others believe in SOMETHING even though their wrong! You can't be bothered to believe in ANYTHING! You think being an athiest is just so great because your IG-NOR-ANT!!!!
Ah, telling someone to shut the f*ck up. GOOD Christian values, huh? Please, spare us your faux moral outrage.
Praise Be

United States

#283461 Feb 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, telling someone to shut the f*ck up. GOOD Christian values, huh? Please, spare us your faux moral outrage.
You anti-God creeps all stick together! Should't you be casting spells for your Satan?

“Game on !”

nyc

#283462 Feb 11, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It's a right that anti-choice guys seem to have a REAL problem with,
Well of course we do. Isn't that the purpose of this silly forum ? Did you just get here ?

especially those who don't like the idea of women HAVING rights in the first place.
I love the fact that women have rights. Just don't like the one that gives them the right to kill a human life.

Tell me something.....since my sole goal is to afford legal protection to the human life in utero, and I otherwise support womens rights, support birth control and birth control education, and care very much and donate time and money for the born also
( thereby shattering many of your AC myths )....how can I achieve my goal without being attacked as a misogynistic, regressive denier of women's rights by paranoid lunatics like you ?

I'm open to any suggestions.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#283463 Feb 11, 2013
So Ratzi the Nazi is stepping down. Best thing that's happened to the RCC in years. He wont be missed my many.
Anonymous

United States

#283464 Feb 11, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Mentally, these right-wing misogynist guys are stuck in the 19th century and can't seem to get past it. In his essay "The Subjection of Women," John Stuart Mill said this:
"The general opinion of men is supposed to be, that the natural vocation of a woman is that of a wife and mother. I say, is supposed to be, because, judging from acts -- from the whole of the present condition of society -- one might infer that their opinion was the direct contrary. They might be supposed to think that the alleged natural vocation of women was of all things the most repugnant to their nature; insomuch that if they are free to do anything else -- if any other means of living, or occupation of their time and faculties, is open, which has any chance of appearing desirable to them -- there will not be enough of them who will be willing to accept the condition said to be natural to them. If this is the real opinion of men in general, it would be well that it should be spoken out. I should like to hear somebody openly enunciating the doctrine (it is already implied in much that is written on the subject)-- "It is necessary to society that women should marry and produce children. They will not do so unless compelled. Therefore it is necessary to compel them."
I think Mill's assessment was 100% accurate. I think that the male policy and law makers of the 18th and 19th centuries, in both church and state, DID believe that it was "necessary" (for THEM, of course) to compel women into being wives, mothers and NOTHING more.
To that end, girls received far less education than boys did, and they couldn't attend college. Women were barred from almost all the trades and professions that would allow them to live as financially independent single women. The few occupations that women COULD enter paid far less to women than to men doing the same job. And of course, women weren't allowed to VOTE.
This is exactly the type of injustice and open discrimination against women that the 19th and 20th century feminists fought so hard to eliminate, and, no doubt, what many conservative right-wing guys would like to see women returned to. These guys can't get past the fact that both marriage and motherhood are now CHOICES, which women can REJECT if they don't want to be wives or mothers.
Yes women may reject marriage or "their " kids at any stage in life.
Women can reject Gods love toward them at any or all time.
Women can allow what they know about God to come from misguided men or women, and blame God for what they were taught.
Most women grow up looking forward to being married and being a mother.

Are you an educated, independent woman ocean?

“Game on !”

nyc

#283465 Feb 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Out of my league? I defend everyone's freedom to make their own choices within the law. What argument do you have against that?
Within the law ? How convenient. Would you have said the same thing prior to 1973...and accepted the fact that women did not have the right to obtain a legal abortion ? Or would you have continued to fight for a right you thought they SHOULD have but did not currently...within the law ?

And if you really want to discuss meaningful topics and not just gloat over the fact you were right about who I called a homophobe.....then try this....

Why is it that the RvW court said in their decision that they "need not determine the difficult question of when life begins"....but then turned around and rendered a decision that did JUST that.....or at least determined the equally difficult question of when life did NOT exist during a pregnancy.

You're up.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#283466 Feb 11, 2013
Dennis Embo wrote:
"Thousands?"
Try "tens of thousands." (Last year's crowd was estimated around 200,00.)
This massive demonstration yesterday (I was there. A mass of people, mostly under 40 years of age, curb to curb as far as the eye could see, marching up Constitution Ave.) certainly dwarfed the "thousands" gathered last fall in D.C. to protest the Iraq war (that elicited front page coverage in all the dailies, and "top story" on the network news programs. But in the clueless universe of entertainews, Iraq (and those ubiquitous celebs) always get front page priority. Pro-life events like the March for Life get nada.
I suspect when the media tries to cover this story they see the overwhelmingly *youthful* face of this movement and its growing force, and they get afraid, very afraid. Better to go into denial than to face the reality that "pro-choice" is aging badly and becoming a very UN-popular position in American society.
+ May God bless all of our beautiful children that have not lived
and may they live. Amen.
Anonymous

United States

#283467 Feb 11, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus gravitated towards the least amongst us. He was not boastful and did not use words of poison or harm, unlike the smarter then God crowd posting here.
Yes He did.
He uses the simple things of this world to confound the wise.
Peter and the other disciples were plain ole guys, for the most part.

Only with Gods power did they turn the world upside down. They we still be talked about long after foo, ocean, gtown, and the rest of us are gone.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283468 Feb 11, 2013
Guppy wrote:
What does religion have to do with abortion?
Not a thing. It is the most basic and fundamental of human rights issues.

But without the religious spin, then birdbrains like Wrong(not)Right Loon, Ocean, Bitter, and the rest would have to argue the actual merits of their position ( which they clearly lose on points --- if not a TKO ) instead of just throwing around the extremist accusations and their cute little "fundie" jabs.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283469 Feb 11, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and there are also quite a few women who DON'T regret having an abortion. They only regretted GETTING pregnant in the first place.
http://www.imnotsorry.net
Enough with that dopey website that proves nothing. For most on there all that is is a vehicle for verbalizing and hopefully thereby assuaging their guilt. I mean c'mon....
the decision to abort was "empowering" ?!? Regardless of which side of the fence you're on can you fathom the idiocy it takes to make a statement that deciding to kill the innocent developing human life inside you empowered you ???
Anonymous

United States

#283470 Feb 11, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever THAT means. You come across to me as just another anti-education extremist, embittered that you can't force students to endure hours of required "Christian" prayer and bible study. Too bad.
If religionists want their kids to get nothing but faith-based "education," they can come up with the money to send their kids to private religious schools. You don't get to force your toxic religious beliefs on public school students, and thank goodness for THAT.
All people must pay for public school, even those who don't have or don't wish to have kids. My wife and I paid for years and years with no kids. If you want fairness for all women, then people should be able to opt out from paying anything to public schools. Plus I was high school supervisor,at a christian school for two years, and we ran the school on waaaay less money then public schools. Home school students would come and get all of their supplies and material, and could blow public school kids out of the water on test scores. The program we used was ACE, and many people are now going this route, instead of dropping their kids off at the zoo you call school.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283471 Feb 11, 2013
Praise Be wrote:
<quoted text>
You anti-God creeps all stick together! Should't you be casting spells for your Satan?
Ah, no, because he's all yours. He plays no part in my own religion. How can one be "anti-God" when one worships Gods?

Of course, we know this is just a lame attempt to deflect from the fact that you are a faux Christian, whining about a lack of "good Christian values" in others while demonstrating that lack in yourself.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283472 Feb 11, 2013
Did you know there was actually a poster on here who said that an infant could REACH viability with medical assistance ?
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Anonymous

United States

#283473 Feb 11, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you google "do hindus woship cows" and get back to me with your results? You love to talk out your arse about other cultures and faiths, including your own, I see.
It's up to you to provide evidence to support your claim. You like to speak of science supporting the bible, but then you can't even grasp the basics of science.
With every post you make, you fall deeper into the fundie abyss..
Anyone can do this, if they wish or care.

I did do this.

Some say that don't worship cows.

SOME SAY THEY DO WORSHIP COWS.

I took what I've heard, with what I know, with what I seen and read, and came to the conclusion that yes SOME HAVE, DO, AND WILL WORSHIP THE MOO MOO COW.

I worship the Lord Jesus Christ, becouse He is W O R T H Y.

they lead cows around for the same reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 1,126,694
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr Just Saying 54,525
STEVE DeBAUGH (May '12) Wed Steve 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Pastor LDM 19,381
Baltimore on Orkin Rattiest City List Oct 21 numberonepestcont... 1
Need help to get down! Oct 20 sweetenvy 1
Review: Atas Marc J Oct 20 Briansaul 5
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]