Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283099 Feb 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the company is called Ashley Madison,becouse I know I've seen commercials on tv about them, and they advocate extramarital affairs, so if you want you can check them out, and if I'm right about them and you're wrong "which I think you are ",then you may question whether or not, that you may just be wrong about other things?
Wow, really? That entire post, and this was the part you picked to respond to? You could take the time to research the internet and find this company (whose commercials are banned in this country from what I read, and which doesn't take donations in the first place), but couldn't take the time to do a little research on Islam from non-antagonistic sites? Seriously?

Apparently, you just really want to hang onto your bigotry. Noted.

I choose instead to learn.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283100 Feb 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes osean I gots the memo, and if I forget, then you are always nice enough to remind me.
I still don't see how you think the keeping of the house is any less important then any other Job.
No one thinks it's "less important". We just think it shouldn't be the only option for one gender.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283101 Feb 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he does not. He takes a lot of abuse from the religious freaks. Their Jesus must be so proud of them.
He takes a lot of abuse from the religious freaks? That's not true. No one abuses him because they are afraid of him. Is there any proof?
He deserves abuse. He dishes it out, so he should be willing to take it.
He gives gays a bad name.
He shouldn't be allowed on here because he is gay. He should be ostracized. He promotes gayness.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283102 Feb 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
An "unnatural lesbian" would be one who is attracted to men, nutjob.
<quoted text>
You won't be happy until everyone is gay and miserable like you.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#283103 Feb 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution does not teach us that we came from slime off a rock.
THE APOCALYPSE
CHAPTER 12
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and
by the word of the testimony, and they loved not their
lives unto death.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283104 Feb 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Housework is less important than any other job because the wife DOING the housework doesn't get PAID for it.
One of my favorite quotes was one by Susan B. Anthony in 1896. When she was asked during an interview why she never married, Miss Anthony replied: "I never felt I could give up my life of freedom to be a man's housekeeper."
Personally, I think that many conservative guys get married simply because they're sick of doing the housework themselves and want "the little woman" to do it.
Oh, I just know that the idiot is going to jump all over my previous post where I said no one thinks cleaning the house is "less important", managing to imply that your post renders everything I say wrong.

But anyone can see that you are talking about the woman having to do it all without pay, by herself, and without the freedom to choose, and are not talking about the act itself being unimportant.

Oh, well, let him be an ass about it.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283105 Feb 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You believe in an invisible sky god, and WE are disordered.
Dude, you had a psychotic break and latched onto this version of a god like others grab a needle or booze; you are self-medicating your obvious problems.
Lots of gay people have biological children, idiot. We use the same means as infertile hetero couples.
<quoted text>
Why do people throw out words like psychotic break etc. when they are not professionals? Are they just trying to hurt the other person? Showing off? One of the two. Maybe both.
You give gay people a bad name.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283106 Feb 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
An "unnatural lesbian" would be one who is attracted to men, nutjob.
<quoted text>
All women are attracted to straight men.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283107 Feb 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Are you just ineducable? AIDS is a disease; aides are assistants.
My mother wasn't heartbroken, nor was she worried about me. We're a very strong, resolute family. She went through prejudice as well; she was a triple-masters graduate at a time when most girls didn't even go to college, and got razzed for it. She didn't marry until she was 28 and got called "old maid"--not in a friendly way. She breezed through it because she knew who she was; they didn't.
I explained AIDS to her, and that it could be avoided. She trusted her children to be responsible. I KNEW her; you probably never even MET anyone like her.
Offending someone is not harming them, princess. How delicate are you?
<quoted text>
You are so pleasant to deal with.
Who cares how YOU spell aides? You are obsessed by it. I am not.
Yes, your mother WAS heartbroken. She tried to hide it as best as she could.
Your mother got razzed for going to college? Oh, dear. That must have been awful for the poor woman. Old maid? That is beyond the pale. How did she hold up to all of that.
You had to explain aides to her, even though she was SO smart and educated? I think she already knew about it and was beside herself with worry.
True, I never met anyone like your mother. She must have been a saint to put up with you.
How delicate are you? If I were delicate, I would not be here.
That would be a good question for you. How delicate are you? You seem to go off the deep end if I say ANYTHING you don't like. I am not like that. I can take a lot because a lot of it doesn't bother me.
Gee, you give gays a bad name. Go with the flow. Don't sweat the small stuff.
You must have been very attached to your mother. You don't mention a father. It's all about how great your mother was.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#283108 Feb 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if they were christians, it sounds like they left a very good impression on you.
Do you just reject all they stood for, or have you studied what they stood for, and just figuer they were / are wrong?
I don't "reject" what they stood for because their convictions were very strong, and I know their beliefs were passed down from one generation to the next. I went to Church with them until I was an older teenager and I went to religious instruction classes as well, and I even was part of a Bible study group that was formed by a group of devout high school classmates.

Even as a child sitting through Mass I found it all too hard to believe. Too many questions were going unanswered and I was too much of a skeptic. I spent many years pondering the whole issue of God and so I didn't just wake up one day thinking "today I will become an atheist".

It didn't help that the Catholic religion is full of fallacies. Many years ago, finding out that Jesus wasn't even born on 12/25 and Easter was based on a pagan ritual, didn't help my perception. I found out that even the annual Blessing of the Animals was based on a pagan ritual.

Societies and cultures throughout human history have had their own Gods/deities/creation stories, and they all believed their myths were real, so what makes Christianity any different.

Did I just figure they were wrong? Yes. I didn't ever tell them that though. I was more of an agnostic when they were alive, but I did discuss my thoughts with them. They worked at following their Christian beliefs and trying to live by Jesus' example. They of course were not always successful but they would openly atone for their mistakes and pray for the strength to overcome their weaknesses. And they would work at not making the same mistakes again after seeking forgiveness.

I think we can learn from anyone at anytime. For example: I think the mOrmon religion is quite...nuts. However, they used to have these commercials depicting people arguing and fighting and then the people would step back, think, and then approach the issue from a calmer, better perspective. I think the message was something like "turn a bad situation around" or something like that, and even though I think Mormonism is the domain of crackpots that message really stuck with me and I still think about it in my every day life.

So that's my answer. I hope is shows that being an atheist or an agnostic is not just some knee-jerk rebellion against any particular religion. I had every chance to believe, but I just don't, and probably never will. And I feel my perspective makes a lot of sense, but I don't *proselytize* my point-of-view or expect people to give up their own beliefs. But I really despise when people use their religious beliefs as some kind of banner of self-righteousness when their actions prove they really don't follow their own dogma.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283109 Feb 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yeah, so many straight people get attacked for being heterosexual.
You can have your opinion, no matter how pathetically ignorant its basis is. But we're free to tell you how stupid it is.
No, you're trying to give gay people a bad name, and you are failing. Miserably.
<quoted text>
Yes, you attack straight people with YOUR words. Same thing.

I realize that no one wants to be gay, but you really need to come to terms with it. You can't carry this anger around with you for the rest of your life. It will make you sick.

Gee, you give gays a very bad name.

Yes, I can have my opinion and you can have yours, no matter how pathetically ignorant its basis is.

You said your mother was stronger than me. I asked you, how so, and you never answered. Couldn't come up with a good answer?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#283110 Feb 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think you're wrong. Humans have a soul, animals don't.
For years I didn't believe that, but again after I was saved -God changed my core values.
Just becouse it is taught in school doesn't make it right.
Lucy "the missing link " was determined to be a fake, and most believe she was a 3 ft. Chimpanzee, but still taught in schools today as truth.
You would think they would find boggles of "missing link " fossils.
People want to believe in that part of science, becouse they don't want to believe in God.
I never wanted to think about how I would one day be judged by my sins,but now I'm very thankful I found the truth.
Its a very very very hard thing to look in the mirror, and agree with God, on who He says we are.
The truth, will truly set you free.
"Well I think you're wrong. Humans have a soul, animals don't."

How do you know?

There was a Twilight Zone episode where an old man, played by Arthur Hunnicut, died in a hunting accident along with his dog. The old man and his dog were walking along a path in the woods not knowing they were dead. They came across a gate manned by a very charming fellow who told them it was the gate to Heaven, but the dog was not allowed in. The gatekeeper explained that he would take the dog to a very nice place where he'd be happy but it was in a separate place. The old man was indignant that it would not be Heaven if he couldn't have his beloved hound with him and so the old man moved on. He then came upon another nice man who invited him into the real Heaven and told him the dog would also be welcome to enter. This guy told the old man that the gatekeeper had really been the devil in disguise and that dogs were most certainly allowed in Heaven.

I agree with the old man...a Heaven that wouldn't allow my beloved dogs in would be no Heaven at all.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#283111 Feb 9, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Want some cheese with that whine?
I'd love some right now.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#283112 Feb 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is how God says women were created. Atleast eve came from adams rib.
Of course to us that may sound weird, but just knowing how babies form and are in the womb, for so long, then they take their first breath,is kinda weird.
Plus lets take a look at evolution? It teaches us that women "men, and every thing came from...... A rock! Slim covered rock.
I geuss that makes God's version not seem so crazy after all.
Both take faith.
Evolution takes even more faith.
You're too stupid to understand what the theory of evolution speaks of.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#283113 Feb 9, 2013
The Prince of Darkness wrote:
<quoted text>
Even worse, you are a proabort pagan.
You need a new schtick.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#283114 Feb 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo! I couldn't agree more. These anti-choice guys are all for forcing girls to stay pregnant and give birth against their will. Helping teen moms get money to feed their children AFTER they're born? Not so much.
Their outpouring of sympathy for the z/e/f is off the charts, but their compassion for the poverty-stricken single moms abandoned by their cowardly boyfriends...not much of a peep.

What it comes down too...all hail the z/e/f but who gives a damn about the women.

First we were second class citizens compared to men and now embryos have been elevated above us as well.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#283115 Feb 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think you're wrong. Humans have a soul, animals don't.
For years I didn't believe that, but again after I was saved -God changed my core values.
Just becouse it is taught in school doesn't make it right.
Lucy "the missing link " was determined to be a fake, and most believe she was a 3 ft. Chimpanzee, but still taught in schools today as truth.
You would think they would find boggles of "missing link " fossils.
People want to believe in that part of science, becouse they don't want to believe in God.
I never wanted to think about how I would one day be judged by my sins,but now I'm very thankful I found the truth.
Its a very very very hard thing to look in the mirror, and agree with God, on who He says we are.
The truth, will truly set you free.
Once again, garbage claims from you. You do know humans are animals, right? There goes that idiotic theory.

Oh hey, did you know the word soul isn't in the bible either? You really don't know much about anything.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#283116 Feb 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it ever crossed your mind, that you may just be wrong about anything?
Oh.... the irony, it's too much.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#283117 Feb 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. This is the same kind of 19th century "woman's sphere" ideology that men used to keep women CONFINED (I would say IMPRISONED) to their homes. Just as I suspected, Gtown's "thinking" is STUCK IN THE PAST, by at least two centuries.
Any guy who thinks women should be nothing more than a man's unpaid housekeeper and more is a guy women should RUN from.
Oh the horror to these poor men! They might actually have to wash their own shitty underwear and cook some of their own food! And God help them...they might have to get up to get their own beer out of the fridge! Poor basturds!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283118 Feb 9, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.... the irony, it's too much.
Ah, I just love the smell of irony in the morning! ;-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,405,618
Mosby 2 hr Bloodonhishands 3
News The Collapse of the Freddie Gray Case Leaves an... 4 hr bozo 1
DA needs to resign 9 hr foosure 6
News Baltimore FOP president: 'Justice has been done... 11 hr bozo 1
News Police: four shot in North Baltimore, one dead ... 11 hr bozo 1
News In First Remarks After Dropping Charges In Gray... 12 hr bozo 5

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance