Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309859 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#282982 Feb 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
agree. did you see sto's stupid analogy?
No I didn't actually. I saw a pretty dead ON analogy tho. Guess you missed that one.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282983 Feb 8, 2013
No, I never had sex with anyone I taught. I considered it unprofessional. Some of us have ethics; apparently you don't.

Every post you make tells us you know nothing about us. What you think you know about us is garbage.

I don't have to be a gay woman to object to denigration of them. And yes, something "hit a nerve"--your bigotry. We in the gay community tend to take such things seriously; prejudice affects us all. BTW--violence aganst gays happens virtually very day.

YOU said you had an expert who gave you your "facts", and you clearly lied. All you have is ignorance. And yes, there are people who have expertise concerning gays; they belong to the APA and every authoritative medical and sociological group out there. None of them agree with you.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You never dated or had sex with a guy that you met while teaching safe sex? Rolling eyes.
Yes, don't kid yourself. To say I know nothing about gays is just a lie. Don't be silly. That would be like me saying you know nothing about straight people. Impossible.
Here we go about Lesbo. Are you a woman? If not, why do you care so much? It's just not normal to get so upset over a word. Something hits a nerve.
You seem to be such a hateful guy/woman. Life has not been good to you. I understand, but try to rise above it. Everyone gets beat up once in a while. Not just gays.
YOU keep bringing up the expert. Yes, there are experts out there. Listen to them, you might learn something. You are the kind of person that thinks YOU know everything, but we both know that is not true.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282984 Feb 8, 2013
Pretending you know my mother's reaction to anything is juvenile.

We were raised by two rules: 1) Never intentionally harm anyone, and 2) don't be a hypocrite. We were allowed to be ourselves; she had no problem with me being gay. It's not like she was worried about having more grandkids or anything.

I know you can't uany concepts outside of the 3-foot plastic bubble you live in, but not everyone CARES about their kids being gay.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing me to your mother is just juvenile. Typical you. So, she was far stronger than me. How so?
I bet you broke your mothers heart when you came out. Don't say you didn't. It would be impossible for a parent to be happy with that news.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282987 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sto I don't , I admit I've lied in the past, but never on this post. You and yours twist what I say, or claim I lie when stating my opinion about something, but hey that's all y'all have.
If anyone is lying here sto, it would be a person who claims Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, yet loves everything and supports everything against His teachings.
He died on the cross, so That we could be free from the penalty of what you agree with.
Yeah, you are lying "on this post".

These are your words and they are lies.

"You don't seem to mind crossing sassy and others civil liberties for standing up for what she believes."

"plus you feel you have the same power to choose who lives or dies, while they are in a womans womb."

I haven't done a damn thing to sassy's or anyone elses civil liberites. I don't live in the same state as her. I think she's in New York. I'm in California, ya doofus.

And I don't have the power to "to choose who lives or dies, while they are in a womans womb." I've never "felt" that I did, because it's impossible.

"If anyone is lying here sto, it would be a person who claims Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, yet loves everything and supports everything against His teachings."

That would be you. You support lying, as evidenced by your constant lies.
Anonymous

United States

#282988 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has said, or implied, that we should teach kids "that they come from wild animals and that thet should feel free to act like one", or to "go do whatever they like".
When you indicate that someone has, and they have not, that IS you "willingly" lying.
Your position is extremist. Again, there is middle ground. There is middle ground between letting kids run wild, and making them feel ashamed of themselves for the very natural feelings they have.
I just bet you're one of those puritanical people who think of masturbation as "self violation", aren't you?
Yes sto "we All have feelings, but the older "should " be teaching the younger how to deal with those feelings. As far as wild animals yes many on here believe in evolution, which means they believe we evolved from wild animals. You guys are just dying to get me to lie aren't you???

Ok sto is a great christian example!!! There happy? Lol
I am a great christian example!! Lol
thought I would give you two for one.

As far as my one night, it is true and it is called having a testamony.

When the guy that was blind from birth was made whole by Jesus, and also was saved by Jesus after his sight was made whole,what do you think He talked about the most?
What church he attends, or the one that saved him?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282989 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I see that, and I never said she did.
Using your own tactics you are lying about me.
She didn't say squat about your free speech. Not a fckin thing.

Here are your words again: "I thought you would stand for my right to speak my mind, but I forget liberals only want free speech when folks are speaking what they like to hear."
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>The biggest problem with you, is you're lying to yourself.
Your lips may justify your actions, but your heart condems you. Further more christians are punished by God, when they do wrong. I know this to be true. Yet God tells us to count it all joy, for if He didn't chastise us, then we are bastards and none of His.
Well, then you must have a helluva lot of whoopins comin'. God sure as shit don't want you emulating the father of lies.

Better quit that lyin'.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282990 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes sto "we All have feelings, but the older "should " be teaching the younger how to deal with those feelings. As far as wild animals yes many on here believe in evolution, which means they believe we evolved from wild animals. You guys are just dying to get me to lie aren't you???
Ok sto is a great christian example!!! There happy? Lol
I am a great christian example!! Lol
thought I would give you two for one.
As far as my one night, it is true and it is called having a testamony.
When the guy that was blind from birth was made whole by Jesus, and also was saved by Jesus after his sight was made whole,what do you think He talked about the most?
What church he attends, or the one that saved him?
I'm not STO. I'm Bitner.

Humans are animals. We are part of the animal kingdom. Did you sleep through all of your science classes?

Still, that's not what you said previously. You said we were encouraging kids to act like animals about sex. You lied. I don't have to be "dying" to get you to do so, you're doing it all on your own.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#282991 Feb 8, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Starting to feel sorry for Peter.
Life must have been very tough on him because he seems so angry and has a big chip on his shoulder.
Everyone should pray for him.
Do you see the abuse he takes on here just for being gay?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282993 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Pretending you know my mother's reaction to anything is juvenile.
We were raised by two rules: 1) Never intentionally harm anyone, and 2) don't be a hypocrite. We were allowed to be ourselves; she had no problem with me being gay. It's not like she was worried about having more grandkids or anything.
I know you can't uany concepts outside of the 3-foot plastic bubble you live in, but not everyone CARES about their kids being gay.
<quoted text>
You are deluding yourself if you think your mother wasn't very sad about you being gay. She was heartbroken. I can tell you have never been a parent. She was worried about YOU. She knew your life would be tougher than the average person. SHE DIDN'T WANT YOU TO BE HURT BY WHAT OTHERS SAID. She was worried about aides etc. No, she was probably worried sick that you would contract aides. If you say otherwise you are disingenuous.

Never intentionally harm anyone? How about calling them filthy names? Interesting.
YES, EVERYONE CARES ABOUT THEIR KIDS BEING GAY. FOR INSTANCE, YOUR MOTHER. People want their kids to be happy and healthy. Duh. You have lost your credibility.

3 foot plastic bubble? Whatever.

Location hidden

#282994 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not STO. I'm Bitner.
Humans are animals. We are part of the animal kingdom. Did you sleep through all of your science classes?
Still, that's not what you said previously. You said we were encouraging kids to act like animals about sex. You lied. I don't have to be "dying" to get you to do so, you're doing it all on your own.
The moron doesn't even know who he's posting to. He doesn't care, he just wants to delude himself.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282995 Feb 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
He starts 99% of it.

He must enjoy it.

Is he gay?

Is she gay?

Location hidden

#282996 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
"guppy" is a troll. Go back in time in the thread, you'll see an occasional poster from the same ISP saying the same crap under many different names.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#282997 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Ayaka say anyone was having sex?
guppy needs to go back to the little fish pond.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282998 Feb 8, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deluding yourself if you think your mother wasn't very sad about you being gay. She was heartbroken. I can tell you have never been a parent. She was worried about YOU. She knew your life would be tougher than the average person. SHE DIDN'T WANT YOU TO BE HURT BY WHAT OTHERS SAID. She was worried about aides etc. No, she was probably worried sick that you would contract aides. If you say otherwise you are disingenuous.
Never intentionally harm anyone? How about calling them filthy names? Interesting.
YES, EVERYONE CARES ABOUT THEIR KIDS BEING GAY. FOR INSTANCE, YOUR MOTHER. People want their kids to be happy and healthy. Duh. You have lost your credibility.
3 foot plastic bubble? Whatever.
Aides!

OOooOooOoo NoOOoOoooOoooz

Watch out world! Home health aides are going to getcha!
Anonymous

United States

#282999 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. As I said, there is a middle ground between tyranny and anarchy that he's apparently never considered.
I realize you think my way of thinking is a pic of a big bearded man dressed like a viking who rules his family with an iron fist, but you would be wrong.

My wife and I are one. We believe in a God who says the man is to rule His house with Godly wisdom.
The man is to give himself up for his wife, as Christ gave Himself up for His bride the church.

We to work together on any and all issues, and if we reach a point where we just don't know, then my wife chooses to let me choose what we should do.

Just like this last presidential election.
We were torn on who to vote for.

Obama was a no brainer for us, becouse of his stance on gay marriage and abortion, and just about all other issues.
Romney was a morman, and we did not want morman to be in the American spotlight, even though we knew it would be between obama or Romney.

Yes there were more running, but history shows that "most " people are cookie cutters and either vote D or R.

We vote according to the person running and their values.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#283000 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

When two people come together the two become one flesh, and they are forever linked to that person.
How is your mistress?
Anonymous

United States

#283001 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I see his born-again beliefs seem right in line with Christian/Catholic dogma. Next he'll be telling us we women came from Adam's rib and he has God-given dominion over all the animals of the Earth and the fish in the sea blah blah.
Well that is how God says women were created. Atleast eve came from adams rib.

Of course to us that may sound weird, but just knowing how babies form and are in the womb, for so long, then they take their first breath,is kinda weird.

Plus lets take a look at evolution? It teaches us that women "men, and every thing came from...... A rock! Slim covered rock.

I geuss that makes God's version not seem so crazy after all.
Both take faith.
Evolution takes even more faith.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283002 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you think my way of thinking is a pic of a big bearded man dressed like a viking who rules his family with an iron fist, but you would be wrong.
My wife and I are one. We believe in a God who says the man is to rule His house with Godly wisdom.
The man is to give himself up for his wife, as Christ gave Himself up for His bride the church.
We to work together on any and all issues, and if we reach a point where we just don't know, then my wife chooses to let me choose what we should do.
Just like this last presidential election.
We were torn on who to vote for.
Obama was a no brainer for us, becouse of his stance on gay marriage and abortion, and just about all other issues.
Romney was a morman, and we did not want morman to be in the American spotlight, even though we knew it would be between obama or Romney.
Yes there were more running, but history shows that "most " people are cookie cutters and either vote D or R.
We vote according to the person running and their values.
I didn't "picture" anything.

You are the one who seems to think there must be one "in charge". You are the one who is wrong.

Again, my husband and I work until we agree. It's the way it's done in any good partnership.

I see you are just as bigotted against Mormons as you are Muslims. No surprise there.

The fact that you seem to feel a spouses should both vote for the same person says much about you, and really has nothing to do with the subject.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#283003 Feb 8, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your mistress?
:-D
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#283004 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, I never had sex with anyone I taught. I considered it unprofessional. Some of us have ethics; apparently you don't.
Every post you make tells us you know nothing about us. What you think you know about us is garbage.
I don't have to be a gay woman to object to denigration of them. And yes, something "hit a nerve"--your bigotry. We in the gay community tend to take such things seriously; prejudice affects us all. BTW--violence aganst gays happens virtually very day.
YOU said you had an expert who gave you your "facts", and you clearly lied. All you have is ignorance. And yes, there are people who have expertise concerning gays; they belong to the APA and every authoritative medical and sociological group out there. None of them agree with you.
<quoted text>
Yes, violence is a problem. For straight people too.

I lied? Whatever. You can think as you wish. Clearly, you have a problem with the truth.

None of them agree with me? I probably won't sleep after hearing that. I'm crushed.

Ignorance? Whatever.

BTW - I am entitled to my opinion EVEN if you don't agree with it.

You give gay people a bad name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,232,355
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 3 hr GI Joe 594
News Tom Brady suspended four games, Patriots lose d... 15 hr Just Poop 44
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr The Rev 19,921
News O'Malley Invites Public to 'Special Announcement' Sat Winston 1
News It seems 'every day is Katrina' for Baltimore n... Fri Okay 1
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Fri Petrolith 36
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]