Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,277)

Showing posts 265,521 - 265,540 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are men so stupid?
Not just men. Women are going after young boys too, the boys just can't get pregnant from it. Female teachers and their students were in the news a lot for awhile.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>A woman has a right to choose not to stay pregnant. She has a right to make her own medical decisions in private, with no interference.
And really, at the end of the day, that's simply the irrefutable facts at their simplest.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> It's not about "allowing" abortion. Women have always had abortions. It's about women having the right to make that choice without endangering their lives. It's another pregnancy option that we have a right to make, privately, without interference. I don't see that RvW has weakened our society. I do think it would be a problem if we allow our medical autonomy to be denied us.
No it is allowing, Roe v Wade was a decision, hand down by the SCOTUS declaring a woman's right to privacy. This was decided back in 1973, meaning, prior to that decision, the law of the land did not permit "Legal" abortions. So from 1776 to 1973 or 197 years, this was not allowed! The endangerment of the life of the woman was always a consideration, even prior to Roe v Wade, so you actually alway had that right prior to Roe v Wade. As I stated earlier, and opinons will vary, but losing 1/4 of a generation, is a lot of potential, gone unrealized.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Miller's doctorate is in rhetoric and public address. Harrub's is in anatomy and neurobiology--not a medical degree, and neither qualify him to make the statements in the paper.

They also lie out their blow-holes.

Those supposed statistics about gays and early death come from paul cameron's work in the 80's, and have been debunked by the AMA and CDC. In point of fact, lesbians tend to be halthier on average than hetero women. Cameron went through the obits in three large-city newspapers and made up numbers based on who happened to have died and whoever HE THOUGHT was gay and died of AIDS. Death notices usually didn't give cause of death or orientation; they sure as hell said nothing about lesbians.

Try not to post utter BS in the future.
Obskeptic wrote:
Is a Homosexual Lifestyle Safe?
by Dave Miller, Ph.D.
Brad Harrub, Ph.D.
Q.
Is a homosexual lifestyle safe?
A.
Living a homosexual lifestyle is far from “safe.” In fact, homosexuals experience a shorter lifespan than heterosexuals—a fact that is not often reported in the national press. In an effort to estimate the life expectancy of homosexuals, Paul Cameron and his colleagues reviewed 6,714 obituaries from sixteen United States homosexual journals (1993). They then compared those results to obituaries from two conventional newspapers. Cameron and his colleagues reported the following results:
Median Age of Death
Heterosexuals Homosexuals*
married men 75, 80% died old 39 if AIDS was the cause (1% died old)
unmarried men 57, 32% died old 42 in non-AIDS cases (< 9% died old)
married women 79, 85% died old
unmarried women 71, 60% died old
* In the 6,714 homosexual obituaries
Yet, according to the Center for Disease Control, the average life expectancy rate in the United States is 77.2 (according to 2001 data). Thus, the average homosexual (without AIDS) dies 35.2 years earlier.
Cameron, et al., also demonstrated that if the person had not died of AIDS, homosexuals faced a great deal more violence than their heterosexual counterparts. They discovered that homosexuals died:
10 times more often in accidents
17 times more frequently in traffic
26 times more often from suicide
87 times more from murder
23 times more often from heart attacks (compared to white men aged 25-44)
Cameron and his colleagues presented their findings at the Eastern Psychological Association, concluding that homosexuals do not live to old age, when compared to non-homosexual counterparts. Their study clearly established that homosexuals experience shorter life spans compared to heterosexuals.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Elsie: "It's about women having the right to make that choice without endangering their lives. "
Really, that's what it's about? You seem to be making a statement of fact, so how about proving that's what it's about.
At viability, women don't have that "right" in many states, and there are still some having late term abortions, "endangering their lives" to illegally abort a viable fetus. Explain that basing it on your claim.
You and I have discussed those questions, at length. You know that. You have nothing fresh to add to the discussion and you are a most unpleasant and dour person. Therefore, as I wrote previously, I'll not subject myself to you further. Peace.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are men so stupid?
Good question.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

"Alan P. Bell and Martin S. Weinberg studied 574 white male homosexuals, 100 percent of whom had already had at least three sexual partners, 97 percent at least ten, 75 percent at least one hundred, and 28 percent at least one thousand.– House Dems Try to Hide Homosexual Agenda on “Bullying” Bill, American Family Association of Michigan

Truth – Bell and Weinberg’s study was compiled in the 1970s. They used the study to write the book Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity among Men and Women. In Homosexualities is this statement:

“... given the variety of circumstances which discourage homosexuals from participating in research studies, it is unlikely that any investigator will ever be in a position to say that this or that is true of a given percentage of all homosexuals.”
http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com/2009/07...

College students have more than 8 sex partners a year...what's your point? More importantly, do you think sex is unhealthy? I've had numerous sex partners and never had an STD...because I practice safe sex. You straight folks should try it; you wouldn't need nearly as many abortions.
Obskeptic wrote:
Male Homosexuals
Research indicates that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime:
· The Dutch study of partnered homosexuals, which was published in the journal AIDS, found that men with a steady partner had an average of eight sexual partners per year.[12]
· Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners.[13]
· In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in the Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101-500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1,000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than one thousand lifetime sexual partners.[14]
· A survey conducted by the homosexual magazine Genre found that 24 percent of the respondents said they had had more than one hundred sexual partners in their lifetime. The magazine noted that several respondents suggested including a category of those who had more than one thousand sexual partners.[15]
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes foo, I realize you want others to respect your faith, while at the same time you call their faith fake,
WHY cant you have a discussion without LYING? I have never at any time, said ANYONE'S faith was "fake".

I HAVE said YOU are spouting bullshit. I have ALSO said that you're free to practice whatever version of your "faith" you want, but you are NOT free to impose it on others, nor are you welcome to lie about others OR their faiths and expect you're going to be allowed to lie as you DO unchallanged.
and "most " of all who disagree with you a liar,
And here, for just one MORE example, you are lying again.

I will call you a liar when you lie. Deal with it.
but the fact remain that if you are truly a Jew, do you believe you respect your faith?
I respect it enough to not allow your kind to lie about it.
Plus, it is a word game with you, since you know I've never lied on this post, if anything misspoken, or was off on the facts, out right lying is for you call others a liar.
You're LYING when you claim you're not lying. You've lied in THIS post alone three times already.

A person only "misspeaks" ONCE. When you've been corrected AND given links verifying the facts, and you CONTINUE to post bullshit, THEN it becomes an outright lie. And you certainly do REPEATEDLY lie.
Ps -My God "the One True God ", says His religion is for all and any,
If you're speaking of your version of jesus, he's only YOUR 'one true g-d', he's meaningless to anyone that's not a christian, and CERTAINLY not a g-d. And further, he's been dead for some time now, he's not saying anything.

it seems you are a member of a club, where only ceetain people are wanted.
The Jewish faith is not a club you moron, but yes, yo'ure right when you csay only certain people are wanted.

If you bothered to read the links I left, you'd know why.

You are not only a stupid man, you are perfectly happy to remain in ignorant bliss.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect your faith for whatever it is.
Clearly you do NOT respect Judaism, as this line and the rest of your moronic post proves.

Once again - you are NOT misspeaking, you are outright lying.
Why did Jesus come to earth and do what He did?
I dont believe he existed. That's your version of faith's belief. I dont care one way or another about your jesus, since I dont believe in the dude.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Evidently they don't appreciate how much energy it takes to be a slut...:)
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
As with all anti-choice assumptions, yours are also WRONG. However, it is hardly being a bully to push back against anti-choice extremists who call prochoice women "baby killers," "lazy sluts," etc. If anti-choicers don't like being CALLED extremists, they should stop acting that way.
The fact remains that each woman gets to decide for HERSELF whether or not to continue a pregnancy. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Why that is so hard for you to understand is beyond me, but thankfully, your inability to get that isn't MY problem to deal with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
ALL posted to me. There's more, and this is just from yesterday since I last posted, and my posts about that nutcase yesterday was ONE, and that one was showing all the posts that nutcase made about "Lynne" while claiming I'm the one "here MAKING IT ALL ABOUT LYNNE!!!"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA!! The narcissistic bitch just can't help herself!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I proved you PCers do. Just as I proved it again today about a specific PCer.
Lynne, if you dont want responses to your posts, stop posting. Its really that simple.
But of course we know you DO want responses, PARTICULARLY negative ones. You're mentally ill that way. You're a good little masochistic narcissist that way LOL!

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>No it is allowing, Roe v Wade was a decision, hand down by the SCOTUS declaring a woman's right to privacy. This was decided back in 1973, meaning, prior to that decision, the law of the land did not permit "Legal" abortions. So from 1776 to 1973 or 197 years, this was not allowed! The endangerment of the life of the woman was always a consideration, even prior to Roe v Wade, so you actually alway had that right prior to Roe v Wade. As I stated earlier, and opinons will vary, but losing 1/4 of a generation, is a lot of potential, gone unrealized.
Women have always made their own reproductive decisions. Abortion was illegal for a relatively short time. Now, we can have an abortion as the medical procedure that it is, and have that procedure protected as a private medical matter. No one's personal morals are being impinged upon, since no one is being forced to stay pregnant or to abort a pregnancy.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
"Alan P. Bell and Martin S. Weinberg studied 574 white male homosexuals, 100 percent of whom had already had at least three sexual partners, 97 percent at least ten, 75 percent at least one hundred, and 28 percent at least one thousand.– House Dems Try to Hide Homosexual Agenda on “Bullying” Bill, American Family Association of Michigan
Truth – Bell and Weinberg’s study was compiled in the 1970s. They used the study to write the book Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity among Men and Women. In Homosexualities is this statement:
“... given the variety of circumstances which discourage homosexuals from participating in research studies, it is unlikely that any investigator will ever be in a position to say that this or that is true of a given percentage of all homosexuals.”
http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com/2009/07...
College students have more than 8 sex partners a year...what's your point? More importantly, do you think sex is unhealthy? I've had numerous sex partners and never had an STD...because I practice safe sex. You straight folks should try it; you wouldn't need nearly as many abortions.
<quoted text>
More than 8 sexual partners a year? Wow.... Did I ever miss that boat! Lol
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>60 plus year of Catholism and never once have I heard that term "pro-deather" I always question the term Pro-Choice as well, however, because I am not sure all the parties were given the choice. The law is clear, and while you have a legal right to prevent or as I have seen on this thread, the option of motherhood, is that option/choice, to prevent another human life to enter our universe, the best choice, or merely a selfish one? I guess only you and those who like the "freedom" can answer that question!
"Pro-deather" is another phrase for "Culture of death" which is a Catholic phrase brought about by Pope John Paul in the '90s. It has since become the PLM's mantra.

However, it is incorrect.

Being prochoice is not only about abortion as so many in the PLM believe. Being prochoice is about supporting women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.

The federal and state courts realize there is a line drawn between gov't and people's privacy and bodily integrity. What Roe v Wade basically did was allow pregnant women the full scope of privacy and autonomy that men have enjoyed within the law. These privacy and autonomy issues extend far beyond abortion. These include adult sexual relations (which is why a lot of states have individually removed their sodomy laws), adult bad habits (smoking and drinking), and adult medical decisions (the right to refuse treatment).

The PLM was formed within days of Roe v Wade passing by Evangelicals NOT supporting women's equal rights. A lot of these old men have since passed away, but their clear message of NOT supporting women's civil rights has remained strong.

The emotional manipulation used for this PLM are dead fetuses being exploited for the PLM's benefit. I find that disgusting. Those signs, billboards, and pictures with dimes used for comparisons were used on stolen dead fetuses who probably were miscarried. Wanted by the women who lost them. Stolen, used, and exploited by the very people screaming about their protection. How insane is that?

If you cannot see the hypocrisy of your crusade at this point, you probably never will. If you are unwilling to dig deep into the PLM's history and find what their true goal is (an American theocracy), then all any woman can do is protect herself from you and the PLM you support.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
They like to try to pretend the "choice" they support the right to is ABORION. There are 2 choices, life OR killing of the human life in utero.
Lynne stop lying.

None of us support "the choice" as you just claimed as if there's only one, this is a lie.

There are THREE choices women have, not two. THREE options regarding their pregnancy.

Gestate to keep - gestate to adopt out - or abort.

Pro-choice SUPPORTS THE RIGHT OF WOMEN TO MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES OF THE THREE.

PERIOD.

You and your kind trying to twist that into something it isn't is just another example of your lies and dishonesty.

But I can see where this will be the beginning of what will be your newest days long twisting and justificational bullshit rants.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Three men? that's not even a decent weekend.

Not your father's type? What, he liked tall blond guys with no body hair? Or did he just fondle you for relief?

Not into teens. I like'em at least in their thirties.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would like to see the list of three men. Are they gay?
My father? You weren't his type. He probably died before you were born.
While you are listing your THREE men, add the long list of teenage boys as well.
This should be interesting.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Evidently they don't appreciate how much energy it takes to be a slut...:)
<quoted text>
:-D

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, Elise. PCers like Chicky, and Foo and even you are cavalier about abortion.
WRong again Lynniekins. If we were cavalier about it, we wouldn't INSIST on women being educated properly and COMPLETELY before making their OWN medical decision.

If anything, YOUR kind is cavalier about it, especially those like your skanky buddies that would like to ban sex education.

Hell, YOU treated PREGNANCY ITSELF more cavalierly than most, as you thought 'verbally standing up for yourself' to an abusive drunk was more important than protecting your pregnancy.

How'd that turn out for ya Lynniekins?
WHY would abortion be a "somber" issue to YOU people,
Becasue ALL medical decisions are somber issues Lynne, you idiot.
You're full of shit if you think any reasonable person is going to read ANY post from me and see anything other than STUPID and LIE in it.
You're right Lynne. Every time you post ALL anyone see's is STUPID and LIE. Nice to see you admit it. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not displaying anything but ignorance and ineptitude in my responses. Not just in discussing the abortion topic, but also in thinking your inane remarks are clever, witty or even effective insults. I don't have the intelligence to be effective.
Corrected for accuracy.

You're welsome.

Oh and Lynniekins? For the record, you dont have the intelligence to effectively take a shit.

You're overwhelming anger at everyone here is certainly evidence that you've finally embraced your dark side.

Thanks for proving you really DO love the negativity and you were lying about that too!

Ya pathetic slug.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 265,521 - 265,540 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min paddyomalley 1,071,241
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 49 min Fitus T Bluster 18,485
A kiss is still ... an issue for Bollywood actr... (Sep '07) Tue jawed sheikh 4
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) Tue Sue Z 375
A love-at-first-sight skeptic: Who's she gonna ... (Feb '08) Tue Cupid advise 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Mon jake 82
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Jul 6 IMGKNEE 121,133
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••