Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,265)

Showing posts 265,281 - 265,300 of303,279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like his claim that he was a "g-d hating athiest", yet Athiest's DONT hate G-d....
The boy is a moron.
I still know some atheist who not only say that they don't believe in God, but they also hate the very idea of God, and all who follow Him.

Just becouse I don't write like you wish, doesn't mean others do not understand what I'm trying to say.

You only want to discredit me, so you can discredit my story.

My story is the same as it has been over 12 years, and if asked about anything 5-10 years from now, it will be the same. When you're telling the truth, it sure is alot less stress, trying to keep up with what you said.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do these people have the right to choose if a baby can be born?
Abortion is Nazi. This is not Germany and they are here in the US
destroying children.
They not only believe they have a right to choose which kids live and which ones die, they also want others to be ok with it, and others to pay for it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this isn't the 1850's or 1950's anymore, and women DO have rights now, including the right to decide for ourselves as individuals whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and a woman can reject it for any reason, including the most basic one; she DOESN'T want to be a mother. If a woman doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities that motherhood involves, she doesn't have to accept them. It's as simple as that.
Tell em ocean! This is 2013, and if women want to kill the life inside of them, then they can! Bunch of religious fanatics!

Young women have been pressured for years to have babies, but now those days are over!!! Now they are pressured to kill their babies. Abortion sounds better.
Plus how can they be pressured into having an abortion?!?!? They can ONLY be pressured into having babies. L, but not outloud.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say you don't care about my testimony, then I would have to question what kind of christian you are?
Question away. There is nothing original about your testimony. You repeat like it a broken record. Unless someone asks you, what's the point in retelling it over and over to those who have already heard it?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you try and study the bible to see how much "worldly stuff " you can get away with and still be good with God, then I would question you "as a christian ".
Question yourself. I'm just sharing what I've learned. Take it. Leave it. Shove it. Whatever. But don't say no one ever tried to give you information that could help you mature as a Christian.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said you were going to Hell, and those I have said were, is only my opinion 'based on what they believe ".
To paraphrase, you basically said I was leading others to hell, which by the Christianity litmus test, means I'm in front and going first.

Maybe you should think before you post.

Also, "based on what they believe" -- do you think Muslims are all goint to hell?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sto -I could call myself a paratrooper,but if I never spoke about jumping out of airplanes, or never jumping out of aitplanes, then would you say, that I am what I say I am?
I wouldn't know. This is an anonymous message board.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>The bible ckearly talks about how God feels about babes in the womb, and yes God knew you, me, and all waaay before anyone did the nasty.
Yeah. And He hated Esau -- Esau having done no good or evil.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't appear to have a very accurate knowledge of God.
There you go making cliams without support. Honestly, your opinion of my relationship with YHVH means squat.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Plus the knowledge you do have, you seem to use to make people who NEED THE TRUTH, feel better about their life.
What a horrible thing to do! lol
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>So sto. What is your testimony?
How, when, where did you get saved?
I don't have a "conversion story". I have always believed in God. When I was a little kid, I thought He must look like the Jolly Green Giant. Recognizing JC was Lord and Savior was more of a process.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe people that are gay and living as such are in good standing with God?
How can they not "live as such" if they are attracted to the same gender? They can choose to be celibate, but they would still be gay.

The Good Lord will judge each person, gay or straight, as He sees fit. It's not my job to judge them. I don't have the authority. I'd be pretty arrogant to think I did.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>what happens to liars?
In my case, my daddy whooped my ass. It was a lesson I've never forgot. He said, "Do you know why I spanked you?" I said, "Because I took the cake." He said, "No. I spanked you because you lied about it." lol Funny story.(not at the time, mind you --!!)
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't expect you to agree with me "very few christians do ",and I don't expect you to agree with others on here that claim the name of Christ.
BUT I don't expect you to agree with everyone who lives as Godless as they can either, and still claim the name of christ.
I don't agree with Christians whose words and actions push folks away from the Word. You do that. You should stop. If you want folks to listen, shut up with the judgment and incendiary language.

I agree with honesty, intellectual integrity, fact driven debate.

I'm not qualified to convert anyone. YHVH chooses when He will spark someone's interest. If He uses me to be a part of that in passing on information, then I'm honored.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too kind, Foo.
He'll never appreciate it, either.
:|
You are wrong I do appreciate it.
I don't mind at all when the pot calls the kettle black.

I don't mind others pointing out my sin, while ignoring their own.
Then calling me self rightous.

Katie, as I've stated earlier, most who spend their time and energy speaking out for abortion, is becouse they must believe abortion is no big deal.

If they were to believe, or even think they may believe that abortion is wrong, then they have to face the reality of it all.

I remember just a week or so, before I was saved, how I and most go through life, like a cat in a litter box.

I no longer wanted to cover up this, or take care of that. I wanted a life changing event to take place, and I got one! What still shocks me, almost 13 years later, is the fact that it happened, and the fact that it was a God "I didn't believe in ", that did it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The fact is that life already began; it's a process, not an event.
The sperm is alive, as is the ovum. So were the suppliers of both, so were their progenitors, etc. As far as individuals are concerned, their lives "begin" at their successful birthing. It's why we celebrate birthdays, not conception days.
I get the point; you're just another zealot who dismisses all your deity's evil actions. Go ahead and worship your child-killing, virgin-raping sky-daddy, but the rest of us aren't interested.
<quoted text>
God only deals with sin one way -He kills it.

Has it ever occurred to you,that nothing has ever occurred to God?

Have you ever thought the real God could with His creation as He wishes?
He could rake all into Hell if He wanted to, but instead He chose to leave Heaven (God the Son), and die for our sins.

He payed once and for all a debt we owed, and could not pay.

The reason you reject the Only True God, is becouse of your sin.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with you being gay. If you were straight, you would still hang onto your sin,as many do.

You don't need to straighten up, since you can never straighten up enough to deserve Heaven -you need to be born again, becouse you have a bad heart, and you need a new one.

Jesus can take care of the rest. Perhaps you should just read about Him, even those who hated Him then could find no real fault in Him, and had to make stuff up, or try and trip up His words.
You know, kinda like uzz gyzz do us.:)
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Katie, as I've stated earlier, most who spend their time and energy speaking out for abortion, is becouse they must believe abortion is no big deal.
Who have you read here on this thread who "speak(s) out for abortion"?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>So your saying 2/3rds of the world's population, who have some tie to a Christian Religion, all of whom believe Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior, their all wrong and your right? I never met Socrates or Plato, Aristotle, but I believe they lived. How is Jesus Christ different?
2/3? No, that number is ridiculously inflated. There is documentation of Socrates, et al existence from different sources. There is physical evidence of their existence.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

He could rake all into Hell if He wanted to,
No, He couldn't. God can't break His word. He cannot lie. Some have earned their spot in Heaven, before they were conceived. Foreordained.

How can that be? Remember, God hated Esau before Esau was born.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I will defer to your numbers, however the question remains, if the man did not exist, why do so many believe? I mean human logic tell us the famous Roman Emperors existed, yet we did see or meet them, yet we see the roads and ruins of their civilization. How is it that we ask no proof of Socrates existence or Aristotle or Attlia the Hun, yet we know(?) they existed?
There is proof of their existence. There is no proof that Jesus Christ existed. Stop asking the same question, expecting a different answer.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

You are arguing about what gay men are like with a gay man. Do you not see the problem there? You have no practical knowledge about us. You make up crap--yes, crap--about us and our lives and portray it as fact.

There have been times in my life when being gay made for difficulties--not because I was gay but because I had to deal with know-nothing homophobes.

There's no free speech? So you deny the constitution? Fascinating.

I KNOW gay parents, and they are great with their kids. You clearly don't. All I have to do is open the paper to find heteros who should not be allowed to own a plant, much less have kids. BTW--those gays you denigrate are far more likely to adopt kids you straights refuse to, such as those above the age of 5, handicapped, those with medical issues, etc.

Do we get aides? Most of us can't afford personal assistants. If you mean AIDS, then some do, yes. So do heteros. In fact, only 5% of gay men are HIV+, and virtually no lesbians are. It's a non-issue. Adoption services examine both gay and straight applicants on the same criteria; they know if a couple is suitable far better than you ever could.

I personally don't give a damn what people think about me. But when you defame and distort us as a group and want to use lies to deny us rights, I do tend to get irritated. I have no intention of allowing yoyur stupidity and ignorance go unchallenged in a public forum.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you are gay or not. What difference does it make?
We meet you because you work. When you get home, it's a different story.
Yes, met many gay guys who I thought were sweet. I don't think you are, though. I remember this young guy who was beyond sweet. I was walking behind him one day and his feet barely touched the ground. That is supposed to be funny. Stick in the mud.
Crap? You are overly sensitive and have a chip on your shoulder. Go ahead and call me out.
Is you life difficult because you are gay?
Free speech? No such thing.
You have no problem with straight people? That is big of you. We have no problem with gay people. Unless..........They want to start adopting little kids. That is a big problem. Look around at your gay friends. Are they parent material? Are you guys still getting Aides? Spreading it? That could be a very big problem for kids. When you die early, who takes care of them? When you are sick, who takes care of them? Adopting a kid or having one of your own is different.
BTW - Yes, people will judge you. Don't let it bother you so much. You must be young.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They not only believe they have a right to choose which kids live and which ones die, they also want others to be ok with it, and others to pay for it.
You're lying.

“2013 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough when a real lawyer tears your comments apart. Better go back to that online legal advice site to come up with more proabortion arguments.
Doc is a confessed "non-lawyer" turd.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

If only that were true. All I want from any child is distance, and yet friends and relatives continue to bring them into my presence. I don't hate them; I just have no rapport with them. I didn't when I was a child, either.

BTW--I used to write and perform in children's theater.
Husker Fan wrote:
<quoted text>No one would let you near children.

“2013 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Vladdy, gay studies are biased.
Looks like you speak from experience. Did you lose your job to a gay man? Or you wife to a Lesbian?

LMAO!!!
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
But wait, there's more:
HARDSHIP #6: LOSS OF PRIVATE TIME – When a baby arrives, a mom will quickly find that she doesn’t have privacy any more. If she used to read books for hours with few or no interruptions, that will no longer be an option for her. If she is a teen mom who needs quiet time to complete her homework assignments or study for important final exams, that won’t be possible either. A baby will demand her attention many times during the day, so she won’t have private time for doing the things she enjoys or needs to complete.
HARDSHIP #7: DEALING WITH COLIC – For girls/women who are unaware, colic is a long period of crying, screaming and shrieking that can last for many hours a day, and even all night. It can begin when the baby is as young as three weeks old, and it can go on until the baby is five months old. My son had colic for almost two months as an infant. For me, it seemed more like two years. During that time, the crying usually began in the early evening and would last until past midnight. I would walk around the small apartment, carrying him in my arms, for hours trying to comfort him, but nothing I did really worked. He wouldn’t eat, and he most certainly didn’t sleep, and I was a wreck as a result. Being deprived of sleep, with a colicky baby on top of that, can really feel like torture for a mom after a while. I was no exception.
So let me get this straight.
According to you there is No God, or Heaven to look forward to after this life, and having kids is like Hell on earth.
After reading what you say, it would make me want to blow my brains out, and get it over with. Lol
Thank God, that He (God) showed me the truth!!:):):):)

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

There are statues, contemporary writings, coins, etc, proving the existence of the emperors. None of that exists where JC is concerned. Moreover, socrates, etc, aren't claimed as being divine.
<quoted text>I will defer to your numbers, however the question remains, if the man did not exist, why do so many believe? I mean human logic tell us the famous Roman Emperors existed, yet we did see or meet them, yet we see the roads and ruins of their civilization. How is it that we ask no proof of Socrates existence or Aristotle or Attlia the Hun, yet we know(?) they existed?

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc is a confessed "non-lawyer" turd.
That's even worse......when a non-lawyer tears your comments to apart.
I'll deal with your other shit later....just popped in here for a second.

While you're waiting chew on this :
Just how is it as Bitter says , that a preemie can REACH viability with medical assistance when you said a preemie receiving medical assistance is already viable ?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter why they believe. Again, belief does not equate with proof.
As for Socrates, no one is insisting we live according to Socrates, are they? No one is insisting the law reflects their own belief in Socrates, are they?
Now, you've insisted that it's easy to prove Jesus existed. Feel free to do so at any time.
Your twisting the arquement, I didn't say anyone was attempting to influence laws or make anyone believe in Jesus. I merely said, we believe Socrates and other great philosophers of both the Greek and Roman civilizations existed, yet we have no real proof, physical or otherwise, but we don't believe Jesus Christ existed because we have no physical proof? Why the double standard?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

What proof have you that Jesus is a force for a better world? Has the world improved with the advent of Christianity?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 265,281 - 265,300 of303,279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,034,754
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Becca4vous 17,785
Fear of rival gangs detours motorcycle festival (May '08) Sat BIG 812 272
New Annapolis mayor struggles in first months o... Sat Oakland Sux 1
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street Apr 16 guest 11
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Apr 16 Michael 6
Debate: Marijuana - Baltimore, MD (Aug '10) Apr 14 Sneek Blee 51
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••