Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
265,261 - 265,280 of 305,077 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc is a confessed "non-lawyer" turd.
That's even worse......when a non-lawyer tears your comments to apart.
I'll deal with your other shit later....just popped in here for a second.

While you're waiting chew on this :
Just how is it as Bitter says , that a preemie can REACH viability with medical assistance when you said a preemie receiving medical assistance is already viable ?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter why they believe. Again, belief does not equate with proof.
As for Socrates, no one is insisting we live according to Socrates, are they? No one is insisting the law reflects their own belief in Socrates, are they?
Now, you've insisted that it's easy to prove Jesus existed. Feel free to do so at any time.
Your twisting the arquement, I didn't say anyone was attempting to influence laws or make anyone believe in Jesus. I merely said, we believe Socrates and other great philosophers of both the Greek and Roman civilizations existed, yet we have no real proof, physical or otherwise, but we don't believe Jesus Christ existed because we have no physical proof? Why the double standard?
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I will defer to your numbers, however the question remains, if the man did not exist, why do so many believe? I mean human logic tell us the famous Roman Emperors existed, yet we did see or meet them, yet we see the roads and ruins of their civilization. How is it that we ask no proof of Socrates existence or Aristotle or Attlia the Hun, yet we know(?) they existed?
What proof have you that Jesus is a force for a better world? Has the world improved with the advent of Christianity?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
There are statues, contemporary writings, coins, etc, proving the existence of the emperors. None of that exists where JC is concerned. Moreover, socrates, etc, aren't claimed as being divine.
<quoted text>
If we use the premise, coins, writings statues are proof of existence, No one has more pictures, statues, carvings than Jesus Christ, They built mounments at his gravesite, at his birthplace! PS. I never mentioned divine or God at all, so apparently your prejudice against his existence is more wound up in his divinity versus his actual existence? It is easier to deny his divinity if you deny his existence!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Chuckles, you are 99% atheist. You just stopped at having one god; I went all the way--and for the same reasons you dismiss any other deity.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God only deals with sin one way -He kills it.
Has it ever occurred to you,that nothing has ever occurred to God?
Have you ever thought the real God could with His creation as He wishes?
He could rake all into Hell if He wanted to, but instead He chose to leave Heaven (God the Son), and die for our sins.
He payed once and for all a debt we owed, and could not pay.
The reason you reject the Only True God, is becouse of your sin.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with you being gay. If you were straight, you would still hang onto your sin,as many do.
You don't need to straighten up, since you can never straighten up enough to deserve Heaven -you need to be born again, becouse you have a bad heart, and you need a new one.
Jesus can take care of the rest. Perhaps you should just read about Him, even those who hated Him then could find no real fault in Him, and had to make stuff up, or try and trip up His words.
You know, kinda like uzz gyzz do us.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>What proof have you that Jesus is a force for a better world? Has the world improved with the advent of Christianity?
How many hospitals existed in Judeah and Roman prior to Christ? The sick were left to die. Christ and his Disciples cared for the sick and the lepards. How many schools existed for the common man prior to Christ? Only for nobles and the wealthy. Christ and his disciples preach and taught the common man. Two fairly powerful examples of his influence to improving our world.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did make it all about you, OCD.
I said in the post made following the one Bitner replied to.
Lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

"Intelligent people will be able to see that my prior post was about the senseless pro-choicers and their stupidity. Not about the person they keep being stupid about. "

Bitner just proved she's not one of the intelligent people. Funny stuff.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The artifacts I mentioned were cntemporary to the people hey depict. NOTHING was written or created about jesus while he was supposedly living; nothing appeared for over a century after that time. They used to claim the writings of josephus (still 50 years afterward) were evidence, but those have been determined to be forgeries written much later.

I mentioned divinity because that is what believers represent him as. Whether or not he was divine is not the ussue since you can't prove his existence.
<quoted text>If we use the premise, coins, writings statues are proof of existence, No one has more pictures, statues, carvings than Jesus Christ, They built mounments at his gravesite, at his birthplace! PS. I never mentioned divine or God at all, so apparently your prejudice against his existence is more wound up in his divinity versus his actual existence? It is easier to deny his divinity if you deny his existence!
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
Intelligent people will be able to see that my prior post was about the senseless pro-choicers and their stupidity. Not about the person they keep being stupid about.
You're big on definitions. Can you define "dangling participle"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
You are arguing about what gay men are like with a gay man. Do you not see the problem there? You have no practical knowledge about us. You make up crap--yes, crap--about us and our lives and portray it as fact.
There have been times in my life when being gay made for difficulties--not because I was gay but because I had to deal with know-nothing homophobes.
There's no free speech? So you deny the constitution? Fascinating.
I KNOW gay parents, and they are great with their kids. You clearly don't. All I have to do is open the paper to find heteros who should not be allowed to own a plant, much less have kids. BTW--those gays you denigrate are far more likely to adopt kids you straights refuse to, such as those above the age of 5, handicapped, those with medical issues, etc.
Do we get aides? Most of us can't afford personal assistants. If you mean AIDS, then some do, yes. So do heteros. In fact, only 5% of gay men are HIV+, and virtually no lesbians are. It's a non-issue. Adoption services examine both gay and straight applicants on the same criteria; they know if a couple is suitable far better than you ever could.
I personally don't give a damn what people think about me. But when you defame and distort us as a group and want to use lies to deny us rights, I do tend to get irritated. I have no intention of allowing yoyur stupidity and ignorance go unchallenged in a public forum.
<quoted text>
My aunt told me there was a lesbian couple who lived on her block, who adopted a little boy. She hadn't really had occasion to deal with gay folks, didn't think much of it, but said one day one of the ladies was on the roof messin' with something -- dish? whatever, trying to tell her partner what was going on, and that they were sorta bickering back and forth. My aunt laughed and said they sounded like every married couple she'd ever known. Was glad to see this little boy would be raised in a loving family.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I said in the post made following the one Bitner replied to.
Lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intelligent people will be able to see that my prior post was about the senseless pro-choicers and their stupidity. Not about the person they keep being stupid about. "
Bitner just proved she's not one of the intelligent people. Funny stuff.
You are the person you keep talking about.

So, why do you think it's healthy for a grown woman, over 50, to condone a sexual relationship between a 15 yr old kid and a man who is in his 20s?

Do you really believe any 15 yr old is mature enough to handle it? I mean, the guy was clearly stunted, had issues, couldn't deal with his peers, if he was messin' around with a 15 yr old kid.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You're big on definitions. Can you define "dangling participle"?
Or misplaced modifier?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

There weren't "hospitals" until centuries after the time you claim, but there have been healers and doctors for centuries before. In fact, ancient temples were often places the sick were brought to for treatment. And WTF is a "lepard"?

Your revisionist history is hilarious. Healers have never confined themselves to the rich; many of the people the church declared witches were folk-medicine practitioners who were often the only medicl people in a region.
<quoted text>How many hospitals existed in Judeah and Roman prior to Christ? The sick were left to die. Christ and his Disciples cared for the sick and the lepards. How many schools existed for the common man prior to Christ? Only for nobles and the wealthy. Christ and his disciples preach and taught the common man. Two fairly powerful examples of his influence to improving our world.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Now watch someone turn that into "lesbians are too busy arguing to raise kids..."
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My aunt told me there was a lesbian couple who lived on her block, who adopted a little boy. She hadn't really had occasion to deal with gay folks, didn't think much of it, but said one day one of the ladies was on the roof messin' with something -- dish? whatever, trying to tell her partner what was going on, and that they were sorta bickering back and forth. My aunt laughed and said they sounded like every married couple she'd ever known. Was glad to see this little boy would be raised in a loving family.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>How many hospitals existed in Judeah and Roman prior to Christ? The sick were left to die. Christ and his Disciples cared for the sick and the lepards. How many schools existed for the common man prior to Christ? Only for nobles and the wealthy. Christ and his disciples preach and taught the common man. Two fairly powerful examples of his influence to improving our world.
Do you follow the news?
Would a benevolent Jesus argue against taxing the rich to help the needy?
Why are Jews liberals and Christians are Tea-baggers?
I'll bet you are a tea-bagger.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong I do appreciate it.
I don't mind at all when the pot calls the kettle black.
I don't mind others pointing out my sin, while ignoring their own.
Then calling me self rightous.
Katie, as I've stated earlier, most who spend their time and energy speaking out for abortion, is becouse they must believe abortion is no big deal.
If they were to believe, or even think they may believe that abortion is wrong, then they have to face the reality of it all.
I remember just a week or so, before I was saved, how I and most go through life, like a cat in a litter box.
I no longer wanted to cover up this, or take care of that. I wanted a life changing event to take place, and I got one! What still shocks me, almost 13 years later, is the fact that it happened, and the fact that it was a God "I didn't believe in ", that did it.
You musta missed the post where I said I don't much like the idea of abortion. I don't know of anyone who actually *likes* the idea of abortion.

Are you comprehending this? If so, then you must realize "...most who spend their time and energy speaking out for abortion, is becouse they must believe abortion is no big deal," is a crock of sh*t spoken by someone who has nothing more than a surface opinion without any knowledge behind it to back it up.

What I have that you don't, aside from a willingness to learn, is personal experience on top of hundreds of hours of research. What I know that you don't is that induced and spontaneous abortions are no different. Each is pregnancy ending prior to term. That's it.

All the emotional phrases and outdated "sources" used by you folks is only highlighting your own ignorance. Ignorance begins to borderline stupidity when presented facts go ignored in favor of emotional manipulation.

You want to see women manipulated right out of their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy? Because what I see happening are some old men gathering the masses. They've lied and tricked them into believing ridiculous claims with little bases in fact. They've created a mob mentality, called it religious, and try to allow that mob to rule and steal other people's civil rights through the legislation and election processes.

Do you know what else is covered under the civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy aside from abortion?

Well, do ya?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the person you keep talking about.
Wrong. I don't talk about myself.

You're the people who keep talking about her life. When you make the posts about her TO me, I'll respond if I know that what you PCers post doesn't make sense, or has been already been proven to be a lie.

You're an ignorant buffoon if you think that's not a fact.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

STO, when you PCers make lying posts about her and claim it's about me, that's when I tell you to prove your claims.

When you can't prove it's about me, I tell you to prove you're not lying about her.

It's you people making it all about her here.

You can try to say my posts are about her, but intelligent people know my posts are about you people and the lies you post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you follow the news?
Would a benevolent Jesus argue against taxing the rich to help the needy?
Why are Jews liberals and Christians are Tea-baggers?
I'll bet you are a tea-bagger.
Jesus, in today society would take care of all of us, at least spiritually, because that is all he is concern with, the salvation of our souls.
The Jewish faith tends to be more liberal because they fear the enormous size of the Christian Religions as a whole and the Catholic Religion speicifically. Christianity is considered conservative because if it's position's on abortion, and now gay marriage, positions it has held for over 2 centuries.
The Teaparty is a small conservative group within the Republican party and I am not a member.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
STO, when you PCers make lying posts about her and claim it's about me, that's when I tell you to prove your claims.
When you can't prove it's about me, I tell you to prove you're not lying about her.
It's you people making it all about her here.
You can try to say my posts are about her, but intelligent people know my posts are about you people and the lies you post.
You are her. What? Is it a miraculous coincidence you post exactly like her? ExACTly?

C'mon, ol' girl. Who do you think you're foolin'?

Anyway, don't you think a woman of 50+ would know better than to condone a sexual relationship between a 15 yr old kid and man who is in his 20s? Do you think that 15 yr old is mature enough to deal with it? Don't you think a 20 yr old has some major issues if he's fcking a 15 yr old kid?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••