Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
264,921 - 264,940 of 305,444 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282094 Feb 4, 2013
There was a woman in England that used to do abortions. She used soap and water. I think.
She ended up going to jail.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282095 Feb 4, 2013
Why do people read the bible?

Fiction.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#282096 Feb 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove it doesn't ?
Plus sto, I'm not the one that brought up my adultery.
I'm still just curious on why they believe that adultery is wrong.
The Bible condemns adultery it also condemns homosexuality, Plus liars and fornicators.
So you do believe they are wrong, correct?
I'm just curious to how someone can believe adultery is so bad but stopping the first beating of a tiny human heart is not.
I can prove the killing of the innocent is wrong!
No matter how you a stack it abortion is wrong.
Abortion requires for the stopping of a tiny human heart.
You said you can prove that abortion is wrong, but you have yet to do so. Your opinion is that abortion is wrong; that's a more accurate statement.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#282097 Feb 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Catholic health care initiatives operates the hospital. It said in a statement that the executives acknowledged it was wrong to argue that the fetus is not a person under Colorado law. That contradicts church teaching."
http://www.khow.com/cc-common/news/sections/n...
Good.....we can all read. That wasn't the point however. Anyone, and that includes the Catholic Church, who considers themselves pro life, is NOT being inconsistent if they argue that legally a fetus is NOT a person. Because the reality is, legally it is not. So they are not arguing anything that is not factual. Arguing such a fact is not inconsistent with the belief that the fetus is in scientific fact...a human life...worthy of protection. Designating it some man made aribtrarily chosen term such as "person" is meaningless in the context of the true pro life position.
Hell, even you personally believe a fetus is a baby at viability.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282098 Feb 4, 2013
Sure it is. Just drop a little acid and read revelation; it's right there, next to the KFC recipe.
STO wrote:
Gtown wants to talk about Gtown and Lily wants to talk about Lynne -- aka, herself.
Anyone got anything to post on topic?
I'll go first.
Those that claim the Bible condemns abortion can't prove it. It's not there.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#282100 Feb 4, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
What a bunch of NUTCASES the PCers are. lol holy cow.
Amen to that!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#282101 Feb 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sure it is. Just drop a little acid and read revelation; it's right there, next to the KFC recipe.
<quoted text>
St. Matthew
Chapter 18
10 See that you despise not one of these little ones:
for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always
see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#282102 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know you were lying in the Lords name?
Foo -you are the one that says no one is born with a sin nature.
You say that people are taught how to do wrong, by other people "WHO WERE NOT BORN WITH A SIN NATURE ".
I notice when you have no answer, then you avoid the subject or just start name calling. Lol
Perhaps there are times when the one you speak with, is the one with the answer.
People are born with a sin nature.
This is what I believe the bible teaches, and if you don't agree, please do tell use how small kids learn to lie, or anything bad?
***sighs***

This has LITERALLY been answered more than a dozen times now. Do you think if you keep asking you'll magically get the answer you want?

I dont give a crap what YOU think the bible teaches. Normal folks know better. You're free to follow your version of faith, but please stop denegrating others faiths. If you were a chrisitan, this isn't something anyone should have to ask of you.
Ocean56

AOL

#282103 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
I agree yet again, atleast on the part of marriage and kids. if people don't want either, then I know of a proven 100% way, on how they can make sure they never have either.
Riiiiiiiiight, the punishment of lifetime celibacy for adult individuals who may choose never to marry, never to have children, or both.

Sorry (not really), I don't buy that moronic argument. Adults who may choose not to marry or have children have just as much right to have sex as those who marry and become parents. No matter how much you dislike it, the fact remains that parenthood is OPTIONAL, and people can REJECT it for whatever reason yet still enjoy sex as much as they want. Get over it.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282104 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm simply trying to show people the truth about God's Word.
If they wish to go to heaven they must go through Jesus Christ to be forgiven.
More religous claims with nothing to back them up.

Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282105 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know you were lying in the Lords name?
Foo -you are the one that says no one is born with a sin nature.
You say that people are taught how to do wrong, by other people "WHO WERE NOT BORN WITH A SIN NATURE ".
I notice when you have no answer, then you avoid the subject or just start name calling. Lol
Perhaps there are times when the one you speak with, is the one with the answer.
People are born with a sin nature.
This is what I believe the bible teaches, and if you don't agree, please do tell use how small kids learn to lie, or anything bad?
Sin is a man made concept. Go run and hide behind your bible some more.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#282106 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove it doesn't ?
Plus sto, I'm not the one that brought up my adultery.
I'm still just curious on why they believe that adultery is wrong.
The Bible condemns adultery it also condemns homosexuality, Plus liars and fornicators.
So you do believe they are wrong, correct?
I'm just curious to how someone can believe adultery is so bad but stopping the beating of a tiny human heart is not.
I can prove the killing of the innocent is wrong!
No matter how you a stack it abortion is wrong.
Abortion requires for the stopping of a tiny human heart.
Like I've said many time, you can't understand simple things like logic and evidence. Facts and common sense are your enemy, oh arrogant one.
Ocean56

AOL

#282107 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Ocean, when people engage in risky behavior, then they set themselves up for negative consequences.
In other words, you're basically saying that if a woman has sex, she must be PUNISHED with pregnancy and birth, even if she may have used a reliable contraceptive to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy and doesn't want to stay pregnant. Got it.@@

Again, NO woman has to be punished with unwanted pregnancy simply because she consented to having sex. Obviously, using birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy is much better than abortion, but there ARE times when BC methods fail. When BC fails and an unwanted pregnancy happens, EACH woman has the right to decide for HERSELF whether to continue it or not.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and a woman can reject it for any reason. Your approval isn't needed or required for her to reject motherhood.
Gtown71

United States

#282108 Feb 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the way it works. If you want to claim the bible condemns abortion, it's up to you to prove it.
It may be your opinion that abortion is wrong, but that doesn't make it fact. Others have differing opinions.
Your religious beliefs apply only to you and those who share your religion.
Just becouse the bible doesn't mention abortion, doesn't mean it condones it.
Why would it matter if I proved it?
The bible already condemns all fornicators to Hell "which is, the number one reason for abortion ".
God hates the shedding of innocent blood,but most pcr's doesn't even look at an unborn baby as innocence.
They argue over when a baby becomes a baby, but God values all souls.
Sin is what brings death upon us all.
We are all sinners.
Self rightousness is when you point out others sin, but fail to address your own, so since I've addressed mine, perhaps people can look up what God says about abortion.

If a woman was under the impression by her husband, that she was going to get pregnant, and the husband "protected " himself, becouse he wanted to enjoy sex, but didn't want her to have a baby -God would condemn that man!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282109 Feb 5, 2013
A tiny heart? Yikes!

Does anyone know what happens during an abortion?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#282110 Feb 5, 2013
Guppy wrote:
A tiny heart? Yikes!
Does anyone know what happens during an abortion?
Yes I do. The death of a human baby is the result of an abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282111 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just becouse the bible doesn't mention abortion, doesn't mean it condones it.
Why would it matter if I proved it?
The bible already condemns all fornicators to Hell "which is, the number one reason for abortion ".
God hates the shedding of innocent blood,but most pcr's doesn't even look at an unborn baby as innocence.
They argue over when a baby becomes a baby, but God values all souls.
Sin is what brings death upon us all.
We are all sinners.
Self rightousness is when you point out others sin, but fail to address your own, so since I've addressed mine, perhaps people can look up what God says about abortion.
If a woman was under the impression by her husband, that she was going to get pregnant, and the husband "protected " himself, becouse he wanted to enjoy sex, but didn't want her to have a baby -God would condemn that man!
Interesting that you don't see your contradiction here. You've claimed that the bible doesn't mention abortion AND that your god condemns it. So, WHERE does he condemn it?

Yes, if you are going to claim that the bible condemns abortion, then it DOES matter if you prove it.

Sin is a man made concept. The fact that our cells eventually die and are not replaced, and our organ systems fail, is what brings death upon us all.

You now also need to prove that "fornication" is the number one reason for abortion, especially considering the number of married women, pregnant by their husbands, who also have abortions.

AND you now need to prove that ensoulment occurs at all, and if it does, when it occurs. You DO realize that there are religions out there that teach it doesn't occur until after birth, right?

Again, your religious beliefs only apply to you and those who share your religion anyway. Not everyone is Christian. Using your religion as an argument for those who are not part of it is useless. Others will go by their own religions, or if they are not religious, by their own ethics. No one is under any obligation to pay the least amount of attention to yours.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#282112 Feb 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You said you can prove that abortion is wrong, but you have yet to do so. Your opinion is that abortion is wrong; that's a more accurate statement.
So it is your "opinion" that causing the death of a baby in the womb has no moral consequences? You also believe that by assembling a large enough crowd of godless individuals to redefine the action brings legitimacy to that action? The problem with trying engage the atheist in this topic is their belief that they are God, and are entitled to make God like decisions regarding life. So when are you going to fight for the right to kill your parents when they become an inconvenience to you?
Gtown71

United States

#282113 Feb 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You said you can prove that abortion is wrong, but you have yet to do so. Your opinion is that abortion is wrong; that's a more accurate statement.
I can prove the bible condemns abortion, but why?
I can prove that two peopl having sex outside of marriage is wrong, but why?
I can prove that those who choose to live a gay lifestyle is wrong, but why?

I've been asking ole ak, why they so easily condemn me of adultery over 12 years ago "That was part of my salvation story ",and yet has no problem with gay people having kids, nor fornicators having sex.

They still have failed to answer me.

People enjoy condeming others, but don't like their sins exposed.

I've already agreed with the worse anyone would say about me, and then some.

Things that will send one to Hell.
Adultery-having sex with others, while married
Fornication -having sex with anyone, while not married to them
Stealing -taking anything that is not yours
Lying -self -explained
Many other things.

This is why all have sinned, and fallen short of the Glory of God.
JESUS CHRIST came -that ye may have life, and that eternal.

I have eternal life, AFTER I met Jesus over 12 years ago
Why else would I want to be on here telling all of my garbage?

I can easily be anyone I wish, but tell my true story, and others can believe it or not.
Gtown71

United States

#282114 Feb 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
***sighs***
This has LITERALLY been answered more than a dozen times now. Do you think if you keep asking you'll magically get the answer you want?
I dont give a crap what YOU think the bible teaches. Normal folks know better. You're free to follow your version of faith, but please stop denegrating others faiths. If you were a chrisitan, this isn't something anyone should have to ask of you.
Yes you have answered it, but the same way as above ^^^^^^^^^^

YOU HAVE NO ANSWER.

I DO! THE BIBLE DOES!

PEOPLE ARE BORN WITH A SIN NATURE.

This is why you have asked yourself "what is wrong with me? "
Why do I keep doing this or that?
Why do I keep having these thoughts?
Why does this bother me?

People do what people do, becouse tbey are born that way, and this is why the bible proclaims YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Jesus said these words to a Very Religious man "who could recite much scripture ",so it applies to all.
When a person agrees with God about their condition, and truly wants to be saved.
God will not turn them away, but He does resist the proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,099,883
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 min Yankees Rule 18,856
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 12 hr Raptor in Michigan 120,152
One Action Movie Can Damage a Mind for Life 18 hr Culture Auditor 1
Review: Dundalk Animal Hospital - Dennis G Fost... (Jan '09) Thu time 26
gay hookup in maryland Wed mdtowson 3
How can I find a active biker dating site ? Tue kobe 1
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••