Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,263
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#282108 Feb 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the way it works. If you want to claim the bible condemns abortion, it's up to you to prove it.
It may be your opinion that abortion is wrong, but that doesn't make it fact. Others have differing opinions.
Your religious beliefs apply only to you and those who share your religion.
Just becouse the bible doesn't mention abortion, doesn't mean it condones it.
Why would it matter if I proved it?
The bible already condemns all fornicators to Hell "which is, the number one reason for abortion ".
God hates the shedding of innocent blood,but most pcr's doesn't even look at an unborn baby as innocence.
They argue over when a baby becomes a baby, but God values all souls.
Sin is what brings death upon us all.
We are all sinners.
Self rightousness is when you point out others sin, but fail to address your own, so since I've addressed mine, perhaps people can look up what God says about abortion.

If a woman was under the impression by her husband, that she was going to get pregnant, and the husband "protected " himself, becouse he wanted to enjoy sex, but didn't want her to have a baby -God would condemn that man!
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282109 Feb 5, 2013
A tiny heart? Yikes!

Does anyone know what happens during an abortion?
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#282110 Feb 5, 2013
Guppy wrote:
A tiny heart? Yikes!
Does anyone know what happens during an abortion?
Yes I do. The death of a human baby is the result of an abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282111 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just becouse the bible doesn't mention abortion, doesn't mean it condones it.
Why would it matter if I proved it?
The bible already condemns all fornicators to Hell "which is, the number one reason for abortion ".
God hates the shedding of innocent blood,but most pcr's doesn't even look at an unborn baby as innocence.
They argue over when a baby becomes a baby, but God values all souls.
Sin is what brings death upon us all.
We are all sinners.
Self rightousness is when you point out others sin, but fail to address your own, so since I've addressed mine, perhaps people can look up what God says about abortion.
If a woman was under the impression by her husband, that she was going to get pregnant, and the husband "protected " himself, becouse he wanted to enjoy sex, but didn't want her to have a baby -God would condemn that man!
Interesting that you don't see your contradiction here. You've claimed that the bible doesn't mention abortion AND that your god condemns it. So, WHERE does he condemn it?

Yes, if you are going to claim that the bible condemns abortion, then it DOES matter if you prove it.

Sin is a man made concept. The fact that our cells eventually die and are not replaced, and our organ systems fail, is what brings death upon us all.

You now also need to prove that "fornication" is the number one reason for abortion, especially considering the number of married women, pregnant by their husbands, who also have abortions.

AND you now need to prove that ensoulment occurs at all, and if it does, when it occurs. You DO realize that there are religions out there that teach it doesn't occur until after birth, right?

Again, your religious beliefs only apply to you and those who share your religion anyway. Not everyone is Christian. Using your religion as an argument for those who are not part of it is useless. Others will go by their own religions, or if they are not religious, by their own ethics. No one is under any obligation to pay the least amount of attention to yours.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#282112 Feb 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You said you can prove that abortion is wrong, but you have yet to do so. Your opinion is that abortion is wrong; that's a more accurate statement.
So it is your "opinion" that causing the death of a baby in the womb has no moral consequences? You also believe that by assembling a large enough crowd of godless individuals to redefine the action brings legitimacy to that action? The problem with trying engage the atheist in this topic is their belief that they are God, and are entitled to make God like decisions regarding life. So when are you going to fight for the right to kill your parents when they become an inconvenience to you?
Gtown71

United States

#282113 Feb 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You said you can prove that abortion is wrong, but you have yet to do so. Your opinion is that abortion is wrong; that's a more accurate statement.
I can prove the bible condemns abortion, but why?
I can prove that two peopl having sex outside of marriage is wrong, but why?
I can prove that those who choose to live a gay lifestyle is wrong, but why?

I've been asking ole ak, why they so easily condemn me of adultery over 12 years ago "That was part of my salvation story ",and yet has no problem with gay people having kids, nor fornicators having sex.

They still have failed to answer me.

People enjoy condeming others, but don't like their sins exposed.

I've already agreed with the worse anyone would say about me, and then some.

Things that will send one to Hell.
Adultery-having sex with others, while married
Fornication -having sex with anyone, while not married to them
Stealing -taking anything that is not yours
Lying -self -explained
Many other things.

This is why all have sinned, and fallen short of the Glory of God.
JESUS CHRIST came -that ye may have life, and that eternal.

I have eternal life, AFTER I met Jesus over 12 years ago
Why else would I want to be on here telling all of my garbage?

I can easily be anyone I wish, but tell my true story, and others can believe it or not.
Gtown71

United States

#282114 Feb 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
***sighs***
This has LITERALLY been answered more than a dozen times now. Do you think if you keep asking you'll magically get the answer you want?
I dont give a crap what YOU think the bible teaches. Normal folks know better. You're free to follow your version of faith, but please stop denegrating others faiths. If you were a chrisitan, this isn't something anyone should have to ask of you.
Yes you have answered it, but the same way as above ^^^^^^^^^^

YOU HAVE NO ANSWER.

I DO! THE BIBLE DOES!

PEOPLE ARE BORN WITH A SIN NATURE.

This is why you have asked yourself "what is wrong with me? "
Why do I keep doing this or that?
Why do I keep having these thoughts?
Why does this bother me?

People do what people do, becouse tbey are born that way, and this is why the bible proclaims YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Jesus said these words to a Very Religious man "who could recite much scripture ",so it applies to all.
When a person agrees with God about their condition, and truly wants to be saved.
God will not turn them away, but He does resist the proud.
Gtown71

United States

#282115 Feb 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiight, the punishment of lifetime celibacy for adult individuals who may choose never to marry, never to have children, or both.
Sorry (not really), I don't buy that moronic argument. Adults who may choose not to marry or have children have just as much right to have sex as those who marry and become parents. No matter how much you dislike it, the fact remains that parenthood is OPTIONAL, and people can REJECT it for whatever reason yet still enjoy sex as much as they want. Get over it.
All I am saying, is in life, we make choices that we must own up to, and live with. We cannot dwell on our mistakes and beat ourselves up all the time, but we can't erase them either.

Now ak, seems to think I should be punished for my affair 12 years ago, in which a child was born. What do you think?

I've paid for my mistakes, and sone I have gotten away with, or atleast the punishment, this is why I needed a savior, and thankful I found Him.

Kids will have sex, and their raising has alot to do with it.
If a kid doesn't have very much respect for themselves, then they will act that way.
Plus even those who do, at times make choices to have sex, but we must all live with our choices.

If a woman has had an abortion, then they can be saved and then forgiven.
They should not spend their life dwelling on it, but they should not pretend its ok to do, just to help themselves feel better about doing it.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#282116 Feb 5, 2013
"I have eternal life", says jonnycakes.

After you die, we'll be waiting for you to demonstrate your silly "eternal life" BS.
Gtown71

United States

#282117 Feb 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sure it is. Just drop a little acid and read revelation; it's right there, next to the KFC recipe.
<quoted text>
Well then listen to sto.
He's a "christian " who enjoys agreeing with folks as the head toward Hell, without God.
He will even try and get the bible to say abortion is ok.

I still believe with all that's in me, that if he is saved, then he will be forever saved, but as I talked earlier "some of our works will burn up like hay and stubnle ".
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282118 Feb 5, 2013
Does anyone know how an abortion is performed? What leads up to the death of the baby?

Anyone?
Gtown71

United States

#282119 Feb 5, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said many time, you can't understand simple things like logic and evidence. Facts and common sense are your enemy, oh arrogant one.
Well I'll give credit where it is.

I can say, that I truly believe, that you believe what you say to be true!

Atleast you stand for what you believe, and I've not seen you attack soneone for one sin and claim that you don't.

The men that hijacked those airplanes on 911, also truly believed in their beliefs.

You say sin is a man made concept, which means there is no such thing in truth.
Which also means each person can live as they please, or as they see fit correct?
Without any ramifications from a god, correct?
People only have the laws of the land to answer for, if what they see as ok, crosses those laws, correct?

As I said -I like the fact that you don't look upon one person as a sinner "bad person ",at the same time you look at another sinner "bad person " and are ok with them, since they sin differently.

After losing my entire family "except a sister ",by the age of 22 -I had no moral compass on earth, and I had no compass the other way, since I to believed as you do now.
I believed if people thought something wrong with two people living together, then they were just out dated, and old fashion religious people,who were only doing what they were taught to do, or believe.

But as I've said time and time again -God changed my core values and thoughts about MY sin,and sin all together.

I never knew, that by just living my life as I seen fit, I was on my way to a "devils " Hell, since Hell was never made for man.

I will go to my grave believing in God as my savior now.
I truly believe I will meet God as my father, instead of my judge.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#282120 Feb 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynne, what's NOT RELEVANT is you trying to make the claim that any email's of yours that I'd post are lies BEFORE I EVEN POST THEM. ROFLMAO! What's NOT RELEVANT is you jumping though increasingly pathetic hoops to try to discredit me - when its YOU that has ZERO crediblity to begin with!
Lynne, get real. You're not fooling anyone, and you never have - no matter HOW often you delude yourself. We had your number from 2006 when you posted as Lynne D, we had it from day 2 when you posted as Perverse, and we nailed your stupid ass from day ONE here as Lily.
I'm sure there's a WHOLE LOTTA folks that dont care for how I comport myself often here, but EVEN among them, I guarantee I have more credibility than you will EVER have.
I must admit, you being mentally ill is the ONLY reason I can fathom why you'd continue this charade.
What's not relevant here is who you think is who, or why. What is relevant here is people POSTING the truth, which you don't do. What is relevant here is posting proof of your claims, and not trying to deflect like an ignorant buffoon using childish topics like who you think is who here, whenever you can't prove your claims. What is relevant and what you proved is that you have NO PROOF of your claim of mutual abuse, and no justification for attacks on a PLer's life and having been a victim of domestic violence. That's ALL you proved with your bullshit recently..

I'm just fine with a bunch of liars who are on the pro-choice side of the abortion issue thinking I have no credibility. Are you kidding? lol. PC LIARS thinking PL people who post the truth are not credible. In the words of Larry The Cable Guy, "I don't care who you are, that's funny, right there."
Gtown71

United States

#282121 Feb 5, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you're basically saying that if a woman has sex, she must be PUNISHED with pregnancy and birth, even if she may have used a reliable contraceptive to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy and doesn't want to stay pregnant. Got it.@@
Again, NO woman has to be punished with unwanted pregnancy simply because she consented to having sex. Obviously, using birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy is much better than abortion, but there ARE times when BC methods fail. When BC fails and an unwanted pregnancy happens, EACH woman has the right to decide for HERSELF whether to continue it or not.
Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and a woman can reject it for any reason. Your approval isn't needed or required for her to reject motherhood.
When People choose to have sex, They assume all wrist that come along with it. You know as well as I do that most people who get pregnant don't even use contraceptives. Most abortions come from a 1 night stand or a very short term relationship.
People want pleasure without any negative ramifications,but that is not how life works. If there was no God, it would work that way, but people would not like that very much either. It would mean someone could rape,murder, or both and be just fine.

People want to condemn others, and at the same time get away with whatever they choose.

Contraceptives was introduced to try to fix a problem.

- They did not fix anything.
All they did was send a message to most the sex could be safe, but as you and I both know there's no such thing as safe sex.

I'm not trying to impose laws,that says everyone must live according to the Bible, since I know full well that most people never live according to the Bible.

This is the whole reason why Jesus Christ came.
We needed a savior,and still do.

I also do not believe we should make laws that condone that behavior,and even "add to " the bad behaviors.

No sex, is worth the killing of life.
Motherhood is optional, but abortion only makes a woman the mother of a dead child.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282123 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When People choose to have sex, They assume all wrist that come along with it. You know as well as I do that most people who get pregnant don't even use contraceptives. Most abortions come from a 1 night stand or a very short term relationship.
People want pleasure without any negative ramifications,but that is not how life works. If there was no God, it would work that way, but people would not like that very much either. It would mean someone could rape,murder, or both and be just fine.
People want to condemn others, and at the same time get away with whatever they choose.
Contraceptives was introduced to try to fix a problem.
- They did not fix anything.
All they did was send a message to most the sex could be safe, but as you and I both know there's no such thing as safe sex.
I'm not trying to impose laws,that says everyone must live according to the Bible, since I know full well that most people never live according to the Bible.
This is the whole reason why Jesus Christ came.
We needed a savior,and still do.
I also do not believe we should make laws that condone that behavior,and even "add to " the bad behaviors.
No sex, is worth the killing of life.
Motherhood is optional, but abortion only makes a woman the mother of a dead child.
"Most abortions come from a 1 night stand or a very short term relationship."

Incorrect. Less than half of all abortions are performed on women who are not married, or living with someone, at the time. And there are no statistics on "one night stands".

Only if the pregnant woman already has children, having given birth to them, or adopting them, is she a mother. Otherwise, she is a mother-to-be, and if she has an abortion, the "to be" will not be.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282125 Feb 5, 2013
Angels have nothing to do with humans. Moreover, they never intended "little ones" to refer to fetuses.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Matthew
Chapter 18
10 See that you despise not one of these little ones:
for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always
see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#282126 Feb 5, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is your "opinion" that causing the death of a baby in the womb has no moral consequences? You also believe that by assembling a large enough crowd of godless individuals to redefine the action brings legitimacy to that action? The problem with trying engage the atheist in this topic is their belief that they are God, and are entitled to make God like decisions regarding life. So when are you going to fight for the right to kill your parents when they become an inconvenience to you?
When you want to have a discussion on abortion, let me know. All you're doing is pontificating in question form. You don't want an equal exchange of ideas, obviously.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#282127 Feb 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Most abortions come from a 1 night stand or a very short term relationship."
Incorrect. Less than half of all abortions are performed on women who are not married, or living with someone, at the time. And there are no statistics on "one night stands".
Only if the pregnant woman already has children, having given birth to them, or adopting them, is she a mother. Otherwise, she is a mother-to-be, and if she has an abortion, the "to be" will not be.
Bitner: "Incorrect. Less than half of all abortions are performed on women who are not married, or living with someone, at the time."

You have no stats on whether or not women are "living with someone", and you're wrong about ["less than half"] "...of all abortions are performed on women who are not married."

A site from your own PC camp says "83% unmarried". Do you need to be told that's more than half? These stats pretty much say SINGLE women.(unmarried, never married, divorced and widowed) all means single women. You have no stats on how many are "living with" a man, and guessing isn't proof. You can only go by what it states.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts...
"Marital Status

Most women getting abortions (83%) are unmarried; 67% have never married, and 16% are separated, divorced, or widowed.4 Married women are significantly less likely than unmarried women to resolve unintended pregnancies through abortion.6"

Bitner: "Only if the pregnant woman already has children, having given birth to them, or adopting them, is she a mother. Otherwise, she is a mother-to-be, and if she has an abortion, the "to be" will not be."

That's opinion, Toots, and not a fact. Biologically, she is a mother when pregnant, her child is in utero.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#282129 Feb 5, 2013
From that site, "Married women are significantly less likely than unmarried women to resolve unintended pregnancies through abortion."

The PCers couldn't post the facts if they were on fire and posting the facts, with proof of facts, would be what's needed to put it out.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#282130 Feb 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can prove the bible condemns abortion, but why?
I can prove that two peopl having sex outside of marriage is wrong, but why?
I can prove that those who choose to live a gay lifestyle is wrong, but why?
I've been asking ole ak, why they so easily condemn me of adultery over 12 years ago "That was part of my salvation story ",and yet has no problem with gay people having kids, nor fornicators having sex.
They still have failed to answer me.
People enjoy condeming others, but don't like their sins exposed.k
I've already agreed with the worse anyone would say about me, and then some.
Things that will send one to Hell.
Adultery-having sex with others, while married
Fornication -having sex with anyone, while not married to them
Stealing -taking anything that is not yours
Lying -self -explained
Many other things.
This is why all have sinned, and fallen short of the Glory of God.
JESUS CHRIST came -that ye may have life, and that eternal.
I have eternal life, AFTER I met Jesus over 12 years ago
Why else would I want to be on here telling all of my garbage?
I can easily be anyone I wish, but tell my true story, and others can believe it or not.
You can't prove that abortion is wrong. That's why you haven't done it. Either do it, or admit you can't. Be honest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Bluestater 1,126,704
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 7 hr Just Saying 54,525
STEVE DeBAUGH (May '12) Wed Steve 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Pastor LDM 19,381
Baltimore on Orkin Rattiest City List Oct 21 numberonepestcont... 1
Need help to get down! Oct 20 sweetenvy 1
Review: Atas Marc J Oct 20 Briansaul 5
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]