Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#281779 Feb 3, 2013
This may also become the next RvW; most states do not force other outpatient clinics to "partner" with a local hospital, making the law discrimnatory.

It's also probably spark a backlash against these men who are depriving women of their rights. It certainly should.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only 1 abortion clinic left in a few /several states.
These states are in a race "of sorts ", to be the 1st state to claim the status of "abortion free " state.
The govenor of MS, makes no bones about his intentions.
He has openly, clearly said that he will do all, that is within his power to shut it down!
He has now legaly put conditions on this clinic, and the one that may be it's down fall, is the one that says within a certain time limit "which is comming very soon ",they must have a hospital that will "partner " with them, in order to be able to have access, in case something goes wrong "which it does "during an abortion.
They have so far NOT been able to get a hospital to sign off on the "hey we screwed up this womans abortion,so can you now fix it "papers.
As much as the pro kill at will folks on here want you to believe, Everyone is not ok with being associated with the killing of an unborn human.
Plus, as I stated they are not the only state.
The state of AR used to have 17 abortionist, but now they only have 1.
Many kill at will, would also have you to believe, that it is not just abortion mills that can do abortions, but any med doctor, with the proper credentials can do an abortion.
That may be true, but it is not reality.
Again -many, many, many doctors signed on to help human life not kill human life.
They also know that it is a type of business, that one is either IN or OUT.
The fact is, a regular doctor would lose way to many patients if the patience knew they also perform abortions.
It seems to me, that compared to the number of doctors in the US, that there are just a few, that believe in abortion, enough to do one,no matter how popular some would have you believe abortion is.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#281780 Feb 3, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
More insanity!
Consent to sex is not consent to have and carry a child. It seems all you fundies want to do is control the sex lives of women (and not the man).
Who cares that you don't "believe" in deadbeat Dads. They exist. This is the problem with your type; you are so locked in by your beliefs that you refuse to stay open to anything outside your world view. You are bound by your beliefs. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. Deadbeat Dad's exist and your "belief" means nothing to anyone except yourself.
of course the whole anti-choice movement is about controlling the sex lives of women....its always been about that.

the same group that is anti-choice was also the same group who wanted to keep birth control illegal for unmarried people.

if the anti=choice group wasn't about controlling the sex lives of women and they were really concerned about the lives of children then they would be

1. For Sex education in schools for children
2. distributing birth control devices to children

two things that have been proven to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies in teenagers the most

they also would not be for cutting programs that provide assistance and medical coverage to poor families with children.

the sad fact is that they only care about the fetus/embryo/zygote/fertilized egg during the pregnancy. after that they could care less about the child

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#281781 Feb 3, 2013
"Fault"--that's all you care about. Someone to blame ans someone to feel superior to. Abortion is a solution to a prolem, nothing more. If you want to pretend there's more to it, who gives a damn? YOU will never be in a position to make the decision.

If you want to see hatred, stand outside a clinic and listen to the "loving christians" calling women all manner of vile names.
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ocean lives in a reality like our president does, nothing is ever her fault. If she gets pregnant, it would be entirely the mans fault. She was obviously deprived of affection and love as a child and young adult, because one would have to be to be so selfish, cold hearted, and numb of emotion or compassion that they would bring lethal harm to the very life that she was responsible for creating. Only a person incapable of love could do such a thing to an otherwise healthy, gestating baby human. Thats why hating comes so easily to progressive liberals. To find out just how hate filled their souls are, try to disagree with one.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#281783 Feb 3, 2013
Knox wrote:
<quoted text>I find you hilarious for your regressed belief in neonaticide type of behavior. Oh, and masturbation is not selfish? Just who do you think benefits from it? Nobody but you. Most people have done it and it is normal, but most people that marry don't have a need for it if they have a good relationship. Too much power to a woman? Are you kidding? My wife lets me think I wear the pants but she is really the one who runs the place, she is awesome. Too bad your life is filled with so much anger and strife. I mean come on, your one mission here is to defend a selfish decision to kill your unborn. Wow, I have no problems compared to you.
You have no problems because you have no conscience.
You sold your conscience and bought morality.
As far as selfish vis a vis your wife is concerned, what does she do that you would prefer to do.
And are you sure she doesn't masturbate?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#281784 Feb 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only 1 abortion clinic left in a few /several states.
These states are in a race "of sorts ", to be the 1st state to claim the status of "abortion free " state.
The govenor of MS, makes no bones about his intentions.
He has openly, clearly said that he will do all, that is within his power to shut it down!
He has now legaly put conditions on this clinic, and the one that may be it's down fall, is the one that says within a certain time limit "which is comming very soon ",they must have a hospital that will "partner " with them, in order to be able to have access, in case something goes wrong "which it does "during an abortion.
They have so far NOT been able to get a hospital to sign off on the "hey we screwed up this womans abortion,so can you now fix it "papers.
As much as the pro kill at will folks on here want you to believe, Everyone is not ok with being associated with the killing of an unborn human.
Plus, as I stated they are not the only state.
The state of AR used to have 17 abortionist, but now they only have 1.
Many kill at will, would also have you to believe, that it is not just abortion mills that can do abortions, but any med doctor, with the proper credentials can do an abortion.
That may be true, but it is not reality.
Again -many, many, many doctors signed on to help human life not kill human life.
They also know that it is a type of business, that one is either IN or OUT.
The fact is, a regular doctor would lose way to many patients if the patience knew they also perform abortions.
It seems to me, that compared to the number of doctors in the US, that there are just a few, that believe in abortion, enough to do one,no matter how popular some would have you believe abortion is.
Greetings "Gtown,"
I've read several of your posts with a fair bit of interest and though I can't say I've agreed with any of your stances, you usually post politely enough, though you do seem to find an opportunity to insert something of a self-righteous "needle" on a regular basis.
The same can be said with this post. While you may feel that the Governor of MS, is taking a "righteous" position, I personally can't help but wonder when fiscal conservatives in that state's legislature are going to start complaining about how many more folks are becoming recipients of "state-aid" to care for all those "unplanned" children...
As to your "needle," your use of the, "pro-kill-at-will," phrase speaks volumes, as do your repeated(and unnecessary) affirmations of your religious convictions--if you can't make your argument without invoking your religious beliefs, you're not going to be terribly effective at "convincing" those who don't happen to share those beliefs...
As a side note, why is it that conservatives of practically "all" stripes who are ardently "pro-business," shriek to the heavens about businesses that make "profits" providing services they "personally" object to?

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281785 Feb 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You - as usual - ARE LYING Lynniekins.
<quoted text>
You made the claim - AS A FACTUAL STATEMENT USED IN DISCUSSION - that you "PERSONALLY" know someone "born in a vegetative state and is over 40 now".
You LIED since NOBODY has EVER been "born in a vegetative state" in HISTORY.
That certainly IS a claim you've made that you LIED about and subsequently cannot back up. Just one of MANY claims you've made you can't back up. You idiot.
Wrong again, bonehead. I answewred a question about what I was thinking of in creating a hypothetical question I asked of PCers. You tried to call me a liar and I didn't care what you claimed. Whether or not anyone believed me was irrelevant to the discussion that was taking place, and irrelevant to my hypothetical question asked of PCers.

Epic fail on your part, Toots.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281786 Feb 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it would be on you to prove that I DID alter it since YOU are the one making THAT claim.
...
Wrong. That's 2 for 2 so far and I've just begun reading your stupidity posted.

You made a claim that something was stated in e-mails, and it would be up to you to prove you have not altered e-mails, which you can't prove. No one can.

Epic fail, again.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281787 Feb 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'd remember JM and I were conversing.
You butted right in.
Your ad homs have as much impact as you do.
Or as little.
Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway.
Your stupidity doesn't excuse you from falsely accusing me, Toots, and that's not from my butting in. That's from you.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281788 Feb 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Klueless Katiekins: "Perspective is everything. And you have none. Except for a fetus who's doomed anyway."
A "doomed fetus" - and, therefore, a fetus that must be intentionally & brutally killed - is only your malicious perspective.
Lily stand behind truth.
You, Katiekins, stand behind evil intent.
Excactly. Just because a fetus isn't wanted doesn't mean the fetus is doomed. Not if the mother doesn't have the kind of selfishness we see from the PCers here.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#281789 Feb 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And straight boys could keep it in their pants. Were you a virgin on your wedding night? How about your wife?
But it's really about punishing women who enjoy sex, isn't it? As for "valuing" fetuses, that's a philosophical decision. You'remfree to worshipo them if you wish, but no one else has to follow your beliefs.
<quoted text>
Vlady you old pole prncer, don't you think you guys have enough problems in life without getting involved in heterosexual issues. The gays have always had a problem keeping it in their pants. Studies show the gays have numerous anonnymous sexual partners and are unable to maintain mogonomous relationships. You should not cast stones.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281790 Feb 3, 2013
I posted:
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The e-mail you supposedly got from mods was about Persevere, not about me,.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE the OP that posted as Lynne D, Perverse AND Lyin Lily. Same thing.
Thank you, LIAR. I told you, the more you post, the more you prove you're lying. lol. No, liar, it's NOT the same thing. You tried to claim mods e-mailed you about me,(Lily), about the name Lynne, when if there was an e-mail from them, it was about Persevere.

You just admitted that the e-mail from mods supposedly about me (Lily) was actually about Persevere being Lynne, as I knew it was, because you claimed something about paying to report, which was not in effect since I started posting in Dec. 2010.

I'll be keeping this post for the next time you try to LIE about this.
Gtown71

United States

#281791 Feb 3, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
More insanity!
Consent to sex is not consent to have and carry a child. It seems all you fundies want to do is control the sex lives of women (and not the man).
Who cares that you don't "believe" in deadbeat Dads. They exist. This is the problem with your type; you are so locked in by your beliefs that you refuse to stay open to anything outside your world view. You are bound by your beliefs. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. Deadbeat Dad's exist and your "belief" means nothing to anyone except yourself.
I was simply saying whatever is good for the goose, is good ..........

Whatever lines you draw for a male who doesn't want a baby can be drawn for the female.

I know that there are dead beat dads, but if they use their tactics on why a woman can choose to be responsible for her kid, then if a man doesn't want one, and the female does, then the male should be able to choose as well.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281792 Feb 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it. You don't know what I stand for as your comprehension and prejudices against me prevent you from seeing what is clear. All you wrote above is nothing but BS created in your head. It has zero perspective or impact in the real world.
Katie: "Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed."

No they aren't, you mental case.

Many unhealthy fetuses were treated in utero and survived. Many unwanted fetuses were allowed to live because their mothers didn't have the selfish outlook you have. Many who would have aborted out of fear didn't, because they had the right kind of support system to help them follow-through with their pregnancy and help them with what they feared.

"Doomed" is the outlook of a pessimistic fool.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281793 Feb 3, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I didn't go to Harvard Law...
Exactly.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#281794 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, as far as I'M concerned, you are ANTI-CHOICE, because you want to make sure that a woman has NO choice other than to stay pregnant and give birth. You can call yourself "prolife" all you want. It makes no difference to me.
I'm a happy "done after one" (one child by choice) mom, by the way. And I pity any child who has anti-choice extremists for parents.
You are the poster child for the proabortion pagans. You are anti-mothers, anti-unborn child and anti-men. You hate normal families and normal women. Your crazed feminist anti-family lifestyle may work for you but fortunately most women don't live by the pagan rules you and your lesbian-lite pals push on this websire.

Now go post another of your anti-motherhood lists.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281795 Feb 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it would be on you to prove that I DID alter it since YOU are the one making THAT claim...
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo!!
lol, coming from the poster who claims to be a lawyer.

Wrong, CD. Not "Bravo". Ignorant. She claims e-mail would be legit, her burden of proof that it is. No way for her to prove it, not even if others of her friends posted they saw the e-mail. They couldn't prove that either.

A lawyer would know; anything claimed from e-mails is "inadmissable" in a forum like this. lol. It's very obvious you "don't know" anything, and more obvious that you didn't get an education at Harvard Law.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#281796 Feb 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
63% of Americans want to keep abortions legal.
76% of Americans do not believe in abortion on demand. That is what the proabortion pagans are pushing on this site.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281797 Feb 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't say that. CD simply worded it wrong.
However you DID say you'd RATHER YOUR DAUGHTER DIE THAN HAVE A LIFESAVING ABORTION.
You want your posts REPEATEDLY saying THAT reposted Stupid Skanky?
Everything you linked stated "abortion", not "life saving" abortion, as you claim, liar.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#281798 Feb 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I know emails can be altered, I said you would say they were altered. I don't care, you shouldn't care since you're not Lynne D and you don't have any proof they are altered because only Lynne D would know what was said. Get it?
You don't care because facts and truth aren't what you're interested in.

Foo already proved she lied in a claim that mods e-mailed her about me, when it was aboput Persevere. She admitted it. E-mails don't prove a thing, so any claims about e-mails are meaningless here, except to PC boneheads who have no integrity in discussion.
Gtown71

United States

#281799 Feb 3, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
of course the whole anti-choice movement is about controlling the sex lives of women....its always been about that.
the same group that is anti-choice was also the same group who wanted to keep birth control illegal for unmarried people.
if the anti=choice group wasn't about controlling the sex lives of women and they were really concerned about the lives of children then they would be
1. For Sex education in schools for children
2. distributing birth control devices to children
two things that have been proven to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies in teenagers the most
they also would not be for cutting programs that provide assistance and medical coverage to poor families with children.
the sad fact is that they only care about the fetus/embryo/zygote/fertilized egg during the pregnancy. after that they could care less about the child
Whatever happened to telling kids and adults "HEY, THIS IS WRONG, AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT, THEN YOU ALSO CHOOSE TO PAY THE CONSEQUENCES? "

Kids drink booze,and geuss what??? Kids die, or kill others, or ruin theirs or others lives in many ways, by CHOOSING to do so.

Should we have a "LEARN HOW TO DRANK YO BOOZE IN A SAFE WAY " program?

Kids do all kinds of stupid stuff!!!
So should we tell them right from wrong?
And tell them if you CHOOSE to do right, then you reap the rewards.
if you CHOOSE bad, then you reap the wirlwind.

OR

Have a class taught in our schools on "how to do stupid stuff, in a safe wsy "?

The problem with any of this though, is many kill at will folks or "kaw "
Doesn't believe anything they do is wrong.

Evil = good
Good = evil

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min MantheMissles 1,250,620
News When spouse doesn't want sex, what are the poss... (Jun '08) 2 hr Mother Nature 981
News 13 shot since Monday morning in Baltimore 12 hr reality is a crutch 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr the Ace of Spades 20,044
Poll Will You Vote For Hillary Clinton For President? 22 hr Natty Bumppo 4
News Man found guilty of murder (Oct '08) Tue meh 23
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Tue Jacques 45
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages