Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
264,581 - 264,600 of 305,086 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a little fairy.
Leave cPeter alone.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. Since it is the WOMAN who takes on all the health risks and complications of carrying a pregnancy to term, it is only logical that it is the WOMAN who makes the choice whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
Like other conservative anti-choice guys, you're just pissed that you can't force a woman to gestate a pregnancy she may never have wanted to begin with and quite possibly used contraception to PREVENT. Too bad. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and no woman has to be a mother unless she WANTS to. The 1800's are over, and we women get to make our OWN sexual and reproductive choices. Get used to it.
You do not value motherhood, femininity, babies, womanhood....

......you don't know who you are. All you know is you value convenience as it pertains to yourself.

You're a lonely, empty mess.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link to when Lynne FINALLY came clean:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newington-ct/...
Those few pages are very interesting reading.
Here's a link to Lynne/Perverse/Lily bitching about my posting pictures of Gerri Santoro:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Sound familiar?
Lynne is SO ignorant that she really thinks she dosen't "out" herself with every post she makes. Her views are the same as they've always been. Her WORDS are the same, and that more than anything is what makes the hole she's dug for herself even DEEPER.
Looks like Lynne/Persevere was already setting up for her return under a new name...

"I'm leaving and won't be coming back.

These phsychos will still accuse newbies of being "Lynne". I assure you, they won't be. I'm not ever coming back into this forum."
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I think I'm all that's left.
Your presence is impotent.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all adoptable babies are wanted by couples hoping to adopt. If your above statement were even half true, there would not be thousands of parentless American children waiting for homes filled with loving families.
Don't be calling anyone else a mess until you clean up your own damn porch.
The babies you are suggesting be killed (those waiting to be born) are most certainly wanted by adoptive parents.

You were not speaking of 10-year-old foster children.

Be intellectually honest for a change. Your intentional obfuscation is tiring.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Imo, this was an excellent exchange. Having paged forward, it didn't go any where, which is too bad.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't believe in "life saving" killing. Nor does she."
It is referred to as self-defense, JM.
You would, irl, refuse your daughter a life saving abortion as self-defense. That is definitely your right because nobody's removed women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
If Roe v Wade were to be overturned, out the window those go. Then, perhaps (worst case scenario), the physician would force an abortion on your daughter or on her daughter.
There're more than one side to this debate. But you're so focused on the fetus, you've lost sight of everything else.
I, for one, would hope your daughter, Guppy's daughter, my daughter, you, me, and she were all covered by civil rights of privacy and autonomy so that, individually, we could make the right decisions for our individual circumstances.
Don't you agree? Yes or No?
saasssyliciousk wrote:
<quoted text> Katie, deliberately killing an innocent humans life is never the "right decision" . Not for me, my daughter, you, your daughter, guppy etc.....
Women kill their unwanted born children instead of giving them to the father to raise or some family member. For some sickass reason they think killing them is the best decision.
Where is the line drawn? What makes it acceptable killing seconds prior to birth but not after? Who's justified? Who isn't. All personal opinions really. In the end, an innocent life is deliberately killed. You don't have a moral right to do so.
AC/PL prefers to start their argument at viability (one day before the due date) and work backward, making the moral arguement that terminating a baby is wrong.

PC prefer to start our argument at fertilization and work toward viability, making the legal argument that there is not a baby to terminate and therefore the one person involved (the woman) is also the only person who can make any medical decisions regarding her body.

There are very few PC who do not agree with restrictions.

There are very few AC/PL who do not agree with exceptions.

For many on the AC side, they cannot understand why anyone would not want to afford a fetus that is one day from delivery legal protection from the actions of the woman. No manslaugher charge. No murder charge. Because the fetus has no rights.

I don't know of any PC person who could MORALLY accept terminating a viable fetus, one day before delivery (healthy woman, no medical emergency, etc.).

As for the PC side, we cannot understand how anyone would consider a fertilized egg as being an infant. Under the worst of circumstances (life-threatening pregnancy), the woman should have the legal right to make her own medical decisions, so it follows that under the best of circumstances (early in the pregnancy, no life-threat), it follows that the woman should have the legal right to make her own medical decisions.

As Katie inferred, the lost point in all this is the zef is INSIDE a person. No one is arguing the woman is not a person, a person with civil rights, a person who is supposed to have equal civil rights to any other citizen/person in the US.

There is simply no way to afford a fetus rights without diminishing the pregnant woman's rights.

AC/PL are all too willing to accept this concept and make it law. They do not consider that their would-be law disregards medical opinion on a case by case basis. No matter what, gotta follow the law, and the woman doesn't get a say as to what happens to her body.

PC cannot accept this concept, not only because we will not relinquish personal autonomy, medical privacy, but because we also know a "one size fits all" law is not feasable. It can't fit all.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

cont'd.

With all that said...

I ask you AC/PL folks: Do you really want to hand over every pregnant woman's medical decisions, diet decisions, career/job decisions to a legislature? Do you really want to have government step in between a woman and her physicians?

And to PC, I'd like to ask: Don't you find the idea of terminating a viable fetus (with no medical reason, emergency) just plain wrong? Be honest. I do.

Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave cPeter alone.
OK
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The deathscorts at abortion clinics look like grazing heffers w/ pink/purple hair and nose rings.
Do you picket?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so closed minded, so bound by your beliefs that it cripples your ability to reason. That you believe such things where there is no evidence to support it, is totally off the wall. Try keeping an open mind.
I'm trying to decide which is larger... your arrogance or your imagination.
There is more then enough evidence.

There is even more then that to me. A guy who went from not believing in God at all, into believe whole heartedly in God.

I thought religion is just what folks did.
I thought Heaven and Hell (if it was real) was only a matter of good or bad.

I thought (and many "christians "think if your good works outweigh your bad, then you go to Heaven.
If your bad works are more then good, then Hell.

Many who go to church now believe this method.

After the night I was woken up by God -it was HE that straightened me out.

I had tried cleaning up this or that before, but could never reach a point that I felt good enough.

I know believe, as God says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

If you have ever told a lie, then you are a liar.

Asking forgiveness doesn't erase the lie.

Like killing someone, asking forgiveness will not bring the other person back, nor will it erase the fact that they are a murderer.

Only having Gods grace applied to ones life will erase all.
Jesus died for all sin -past, present, future.
A christian asks for forgiveness to restore fellowship with God.

Sonship is done by the blood of God (Jesus Christ) being applied to ones soul.

Many died having faith for His comming.
I will die having faith in His comming.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Leaving the guy's dick alone," now THAT's funny. I can't wait to see how this nonsense will be received by any married prochoice woman who either doesn't want any kids or a mother who is DONE with the whole procreation thing and doesn't want any more. When some of them start telling you off, I'll go get the popcorn. I'll also enjoy having a good laugh, at YOUR expense.
You need to get a small bag, since there are very few pro choice women on this thread that are married, and the ones that are claiming to be married are gay, so get a tiny sack and watch. Lol
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who go to church on Sunday, were drinking at the local pub on Saturday night. Ha!
You're correct, as far as "some " do.
Some even get tore up from the floor up.

It doesn't mean they are not christian, but it doesn't mean they are either.

Sitting in a christian church makes one a christian, like sitting in a ford dealership makes one a ford.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
This is good. I like your style.
You hit it on the head with the selfish thing. Their abject selfishness is precisely the reason they cannot comprehend how it could be about anyone but themselves....and why they will never understand how anyone who doesn't share their narrow minded selfish mindset would desire protection for the most innocent and helpless human life.
Very well said!!
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The babies you are suggesting be killed (those waiting to be born) are most certainly wanted by adoptive parents.
You were not speaking of 10-year-old foster children.
Be intellectually honest for a change. Your intentional obfuscation is tiring.
I am not speaking or suggesting babies or fetuses be killed.

I AM speaking for women to retain their civil rights of privacy and autonomy.

Get it right or stop pestering me with your inane, erroneous ideas that exist only in your head.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
cont'd.
With all that said...
I ask you AC/PL folks: Do you really want to hand over every pregnant woman's medical decisions, diet decisions, career/job decisions to a legislature? Do you really want to have government step in between a woman and her physicians?
And to PC, I'd like to ask: Don't you find the idea of terminating a viable fetus (with no medical reason, emergency) just plain wrong? Be honest. I do.
I do, too, STO. I think it's illegal anyway, so it's moot. Illegal abortions are not the norm so long as Roe v Wade is in effect. And thank you for commenting on this. JM probably won't go further than she already did; ZEF-focused to the exclusion of all else.

It was interesting your analysis of ac/pl working backward from one day prior to the due date and pc working forward from conception. I hadn't noticed it before yet it seems correct. It would definitely explain why it seems ac/pl and pc speak in different languages.

(i want jm to recognize she is no different than michael schiavo regarding refusing her daughter a life-saving abortion. that it is her right to do so, just like it was michael's right not to treat terri's infections and/or remove her artificial life support)
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Exerpts from interview with Baltimore Raven's center, Matt Birk:

Q: You’ve been active in the pro-life movement. What would you say to someone discouraged about the more than 50 million boys and girls killed in abortions during 40 years under Roe v. Wade?

A: The big picture is really ugly, but instead of letting that dominate your thinking, I would say to keep the faith and concentrate on the one or two things you can do. You may not be able to save thousands of lives on your own, but the one life you can save today does mean a lot.

Whether it’s teaching our own children to be pro-life, contacting our elected representatives or working at crisis-pregnancy centers, we can all do something. These examples are in addition to prayer, which everyone can do and which everyone should do. Prayer is the basis of any good action. Each little effort helps to bring about a culture of life, a culture in which children are appreciated rather than disposed of.

I spoke at a pro-life rally in Maryland a couple years ago, and it was a life-changing experience. I heard other speakers, including women who deeply regretted their own abortions. Their work, carried out through the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, was very persuasive. It wasn’t just a theoretical discussion; it was real women who had experienced the trauma of losing a child through abortion. They wanted to prevent other women from going through that same thing.

If people were told the truth about abortion, no one would ever seek out the procedure. We hear about “choice” and “reproductive rights,” but no one is ever told by an abortionist,“I will kill your baby by ripping off its arms and legs.” The women from Silent No More let people know the facts so that better decisions will be made. It’s very admirable work.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/baltimor...
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Exerpts continued from Baltimore Raven's center, Matt Birk:

Q: You’re the father of six. With each new child, do you find you appreciate the gift of life more?

A: No question about it. When I held my first child for the first time, I had such a love and concern for her that I just can’t put into words. Parents know what I’m talking about. You just can’t express how awesome it is to be entrusted with a tiny child who has been created in the image and likeness of God. It really changes your perspective on life. It makes you think about what really matters.
With each new chi
ld, your ability to love grows. It’s not a matter of dividing your love among more children, so that each one gets less of it, but you actually have more to give with each new delivery. Children help you to stop thinking of yourself and expand your horizons. This is a joyful challenge. It’s more difficult than football or any other job, but also more rewarding.

I also enjoy helping at-risk children through my HIKE Foundation.“HIKE” stands for “Hope, Inspiration, Knowledge and Education.” The foundation’s purpose is to provide educational opportunities for children who wouldn’t otherwise have them. Our two signature programs encourage children to read, especially at home. We want them to know that reading is not just a task for school, but something that can expand their outlook on life and lead to great opportunities for them.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/baltimor...
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not speaking or suggesting babies or fetuses be killed.
I AM speaking for women to retain their civil rights of privacy and autonomy.
Get it right or stop pestering me with your inane, erroneous ideas that exist only in your head.
Katie: "I am not speaking or suggesting babies or fetuses be killed."
_______

You carelessly said "Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it."

No. You ARE making it up.

For someone who 'claims' to support all three choices, you sure neglect (intentionally) to ever mention adoption.

You see, adoption is a "way getting around that reality." And, adoption is SUPPOSED to be one of the choices you support and promote....but, you don't.

Proabort.

Get w/ the program.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "I am not speaking or suggesting babies or fetuses be killed."
_______
You carelessly said "Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it."
No. You ARE making it up.
For someone who 'claims' to support all three choices, you sure neglect (intentionally) to ever mention adoption.
You see, adoption is a "way getting around that reality." And, adoption is SUPPOSED to be one of the choices you support and promote....but, you don't.
Proabort.
Get w/ the program.
What do I need to say I haven't already said? Adoption, like anything else, works best case by case, not cookie-cutter. All choices afforded pregnant women need to be left intact with proper, case by case protocols followed. Nobody needs any more restrictions or prohibitions because we are supposed to self-governing. I am not my brother's keeper no matter what seems to be the current trend. I believe people, including your inane erroneous self, are capable of making their own decisions. Too bad you're such a control freak, eh, BB?
hii

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
http://www.dcavelaw.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baltimore Discussions

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Grey Ghost 1,079,675
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel 18,546
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Wed IMGKNEE 121,137
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... Wed SnuffAGlobalist 2
16 Members And Associates Of La Familia Gang Ar... (May '08) Wed true one 295
Baltimore Stands with Israel Wed informant 19
SnuffAGlobalist Jul 21 SnuffAGlobalist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••