Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,186)

Showing posts 263,701 - 263,720 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May be a shock, but you're wrong.
Millions of people take this seriously, since I've not said anything about this that wasn't talked about today on the mike huckabee show.
You may word it the way you wish, but all this is, is a way for a woman to have an abortion at her will.p
Somehow I think you already know this, but would you support and be ok with aborting a healthy nine months in the womb baby?
For any reason the woman gives like stress, depression, etc?
Or just becouse?
Why laws about viability?
Is it not the womans body all the way through?
At nine months, the fetus is ready to be birthed. I don't think any good doctor would consider an abortion at nine months to be best practice in medicine.

I was just informing you that you should think about adopting a less hysterical style of communication if you plan on trying to bring people to your way of thinking.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Get out! You know one other person who was raised by a step mother? Wonders never cease.
Imagine that!

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Even if newborn exits mother's body alive and never takes a first breath, cord isn't cut and dies "at birth", that BABY died after expulsion from mother's body, "at birth". Legally, medically, logically...that was not a fetus that died, but a baby. First breath not taken and cord attached has no bearing on it in any way.

Those are the facts which prove to any person with adult intelligence, that Katie's answer to a hypothetical question was based on her own ignorance of the facts, her own delusions that she was trying to claim were facts, and her own fantasy of a "magical moment" it happens that "legally" fetus becomes newborn "baby".

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
It is more prevelent with proabrotion pagans like yourself. Since you hold nothing sacred, you hold no relationship as sacred. You do what you what when you want. You all have gods that say it is OK.
Let's see some statistics from an unbiased source to back that statement. What's the percentage of divorced Christians? Of Christian step-parents?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so bitter?
True, I have no life experience and I am speculating like crazy.
Proof? It's called listening, reading and seeing. Kids want to stay with their original family. They want the same mother and father. Not some bimbo the father found at the local bar. I feel for these kids who end up with a stranger for a step parent. Doesn't work.
Did you have a bitter divorce? Is that it?
Disney movie? Don't get the connection.
I disagree; you clearly have lots of life experience. Seems to me, however, that your life experience is concentrated on the fact that your ex found a "bimbo" and it pisses you off that your child(ren) displya some affection towards that "bimbo."

Besides, since you admit you have little or no life experience, and the one you have is limited to listening, reading and seeing, who are you to make a statements like "Kids want to stay with their original family. They want the same mother and father[?]"

Don't be such a "guppy," Guppy. Guppies get fed to Oscars and fresh water turtles.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Why are the biggest christians the biggest liars? The bill says nothing at all like you describe.
<quoted text>
I asked him to actually read the bill. He declined the suggestion, obviously.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes awhile to get to know the different people on a board like this, and I'm sure it went over my head, but is she gay?
Everything seems to go over your head. It shows how much you DONT pay any attention to what others say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only a big christian, becouse of my size, but have yet to lie on this thread..
You're lying when you say this. Shall we start going back and posting all of your lies? We could start with the lies you've said about me and my religion for one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only a big christian, becouse of my size, but have yet to lie on this thread.
You lie all the TIME on this thread, thus you're lying right now.

I did however get all of my info off of the mike Huckabee show yesterday.
He is a govenor "not that "they " don't lie ", but he is also a national radio show host, which anything he says can be verified.
Yet NOT ONE THING you've claimed can be verified.
I do normaly agree with looking into what people say, but chose not to on this.
Of course you didn't. What he supposedly said SUITS YOUR AGENDA.

You've proven my point that your kind are among the worst kind of blind followers.
So far no one has stated anything contrary to what he has.

You're lying AGAIN.

You've been given links TO the act itself, which doesn't discuss abortion AT ALL.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitter?
Not at all. In fact, YOU are the one who sounds bitter here, about stepmothers.
No, no "bitter divorce". I was widowed, not that it's any of your business. My husband is a wonderful stepfather, and I am a stepmother. Our combined family is very happy.
You're ASSuming a "bimbo", huh? That says more about you than it does about stepmothers, you ass.
You never saw a Disney movie as a kid? That say much about you as well.
So after your husband died you ran right down to the local pub to find a replacement. Shame on you. Your husband wasn't even cold in the grave. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You can admit it - you are a bimbo. Someone has to be, and it might as well be you.
I guess if this guy dies, you'll be on the prowl again. Happy hunting...
It's funny how everyone needs to let others know how 'happy' they are. Leads me to believe they are not...
Bitter much?
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that!
I would say - that makes you an expert.

All this talk about 'expulsion' makes me a little nauseous.

Wackadoodles.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit tbat what I wish to say, and what I say can be two different things, but why would you not want to know the will of God?
I'm nothing special at all, just a man.
Jesus said "that ye may know ", so what is wrong with knowing?
I know that I am saved. I know just as sure as I know I am married.
My fault is letting someones attacking comment, cause me to attack them, for that I am sorry, and feel free to call me on it anytime.
There are some absolutes in this world.
Man can and does mess things up, but God can even use our mess.
I've seen many comments on FB about how God loves to take our mess and turn it into a message.
How he loves to take broken things and fix them.
I am just thankful, that God loves broken things.
OMG! Are you for real? Are there actually people out there who think like you? That is scary.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So after your husband died you ran right down to the local pub to find a replacement. Shame on you. Your husband wasn't even cold in the grave. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You can admit it - you are a bimbo. Someone has to be, and it might as well be you.
I guess if this guy dies, you'll be on the prowl again. Happy hunting...
It's funny how everyone needs to let others know how 'happy' they are. Leads me to believe they are not...
Bitter much?
Yes, you are bitter, clearly.

As for me, I remarried over 9 1/2 years after my first husband died. You may want to watch those assumptions, they're making an ass out of you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I have traveled a long and risky path. We have shared a lot in the years that we have been here-we have debated, laughed, and had "heated" exchanges. I've learned from you. You have helped me see abortion from a different perspective, and while I don't agree with you on this issue, what you have taught me has helped me and the women that I work with. Thank you.
And I have to say the same to you as well. You directly allowed me to take the step to look into and find a really great CPC in Maryland that I could in good conscience direct women to when they wanted that kind of help. Before our discussions, I'd have never even CONSIDERED going that route with women. You absoutely opened my eyes in many ways in that respect, and for that and much more, I thank you for the gift of your friendship - when we're not wanting to kill each other that is LOL! <<grin>>

Thank you for all you do Sue.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree; you clearly have lots of life experience. Seems to me, however, that your life experience is concentrated on the fact that your ex found a "bimbo" and it pisses you off that your child(ren) displya some affection towards that "bimbo."
Besides, since you admit you have little or no life experience, and the one you have is limited to listening, reading and seeing, who are you to make a statements like "Kids want to stay with their original family. They want the same mother and father[?]"
Don't be such a "guppy," Guppy. Guppies get fed to Oscars and fresh water turtles.
How did you know? Good guess. My husband found a bimbo that he liked more than me. I am not bimboish. As it turns out, the bimbo has a heart of gold etc and my kids liked her more than me. Actually, I am glad she took them off my hands. Damn kids. Never liked them anyway.
FYI - Social workers do everything in their power to return the kid to it's parent/s. Meaning, that is the best solution for all. KIDS WANT THEIR MOM AND DAD. Period end of story. If you say otherwise, you are either a liar or a fool or both.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask how she has helped you see abortion in a different light?
I'm not anywhere near the closed minded religous bigot they claim, and I to can see why someone would seek abortion.
I also know you can't judge someone unless you've walked in their shoes.
My thing is with the numbers of abortions being done, and the number that accounts for rape or incest being very few in comparison with the number of abortions being done daily.
I only know of one woman who has had an abortion, she was my bosses live in girlfriend, when I was 14 or 15 years old.
I worked at a sonic drive in "yes foo foo I was to young and even recieved a check from dept of labor ",but I remeber her and him comming back from new orleans, as they made a little vacation out of their abortion trip. She was telling me about having an abortion and laughing, saying how she wished she could have them more often, becouse of the gas they give you to breath in.
I wasn't against abortion then, but still thought she was just joking in a bad way about it.
Looking back though, who knows how she really felt, since I know very well how some use laughter to deal with pain.
I can't get foo foo to settle down enough to have a decent convo with me, and perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, but right now its nothing worth reading from either one of us.
You're not looking for a decent conversation Gtown. You're too busy preaching.

Go back to the first week or two you posted here. I went out of my way to try to engage you BEYOND your faith based ramblings, and you would have none of it.

You can't expect to come to a board like this, talk AT people (because YOU are certainly not talking TO anyone) preach AT people that dont share your blind faith and expect it to go well when you insist on being equally blind to what they're saying and to their views.

Sue and I (among others) came to a place of understanding and respect by extending an olive branch and making a concerted effort to LISTEN to what the other was saying and to actually DO the reading WITH AN OPEN MIND that the other was offering to show our views.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Many are happy with seeing their parents happy with others, and not UNHAPPY with each other.
Would most LIKE their folks to be together? Yup. But MOST are happier when their parents are happy, and kids today are intelligent enough to understand the difference.
Divorce is an intelligent choice for a couple that doesn't work together. Staying together for the 'sake of the children' more often than not, creates unhappy children.
I totally agree with you, Foo. As you know, I speak from personal experience on that. I would've loved for my parents to have stayed together, if that's what they truly wanted and if they truly loved each other. However, as the years have passed by, I totally see why they ended up getting divorced. They married young, mom was 18 and dad was 19, I was born a year later and my sister was born 4 years later. They really never got a chance to "grow up" and experience life. As time passed, I think they began to resent each other and perhaps they felt that the other was holding them back from finding their true selves as folks tend to do when they grow up. Once they separated, they began to experience life and do the things they should've done before getting married and having children (such as going to college and getting educated and traveling and seeing the world). Granted, it took them longer to do those things, as they had kids to raise and bring along on those trips, but I feel they were able to become the people they wanted to be and they became better people because of it. As I know my parents now, they're 2 totally different people and I can see why things didn't work out between them. I'm grateful that they discovered that early on instead of giving up on their dreams and settling for less and therefore living a miserable existence. I think that would've been way worse for everyone involved.

I'm also glad that they decided to part ways instead of sticking with each other for the sake of my sister and I. There was so much tension in the house you would've needed a chainsaw to slice through it, lol. They were miserable, we picked up on it and it made my sister and I miserable. It was sad to see my father leave but as time went by, there was peace in the house and I saw my parents in a different,*happy*, life.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are bitter, clearly.
As for me, I remarried over 9 1/2 years after my first husband died. You may want to watch those assumptions, they're making an ass out of you.
Why did you feel the need to replace your husband? If you truly loved him - you wouldn't want to. It's funny/strange how people can't wait to get into another bad relationship. Shaking head.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

A 97 year old woman married an 88 year old man last weekend. Ha!

True story. Saw their picture in the NYT.

That's a great story..
Test

Natrona Heights, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Test

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 263,701 - 263,720 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,071,213
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 min Fitus T Bluster 18,485
A kiss is still ... an issue for Bollywood actr... (Sep '07) Tue jawed sheikh 4
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) Tue Sue Z 375
A love-at-first-sight skeptic: Who's she gonna ... (Feb '08) Tue Cupid advise 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Mon jake 82
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Jul 6 IMGKNEE 121,133
•••
•••
•••
Baltimore Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••