Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
263,681 - 263,700 of 305,184 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it could and is.
It is not Gods will that any human soul perish, not even foo foo.
Yet all who die without God will.
He (people) who hath the son hath life, he (people) that don't have the son of God, hath not life.
You went from being kind to being one of the most arrogant jerks on this thread. Stop acting as if you know the will of God. It's absolutely pathetic. Your post, like most crazy pro-life wackos, reflects more your ignorance and fear of death than anything else. Death is natural and is a part of life. Deal with it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Huckabee pardoned a lifer who eventually came to my state. Three years ago this lifer shot and killed 4 cops who were in a coffee house. Mike Huckabee is not anyone with any credibility.
Besides, I read the bill, too. It is updating and correcting bad law. It has moved abortion out of penal law so that women and their doctors remain protected. There was no mention of later term abortion other than to say when viability would be determined, who was legally allowed to determine it, etc. It did say, as all these always say. there is an exception for life and health of the pregnant woman. Some of you get so bogged down in the meaning of mental health for the woman. It's as if you believe women 8 1/2 months pregnant wake up some days and decide NOT to follow through with delivery. Never mind they've already preregistered at the hospital, already have most of what they need for bringing home newborn, etc.
You guys get spoon fed a bunch of crap from a guy with zero to little credibility and you eat it up because he's a former governor??
I hate to here that about him,and sorry for what the man did.
That seems to be the thing govenors do as they leave their post, and I'm not sure why or how they have such power.

Haily Barbor, who just left ms let a lifer go free, after only a few months in prison. It seems the inmate was a "worker " at mr. Barbers place.

He was in prison for killing his wife, in front of their daughter.

Some bills, laws, or acts do need passing.
I also realize it is not the norm for a 8 month pregnant woman to abort, but are you saying the mike H flat out lied about it, or could it happen if this bill is passed?

As far as us swallowing whatever gets pumped our way, that is true, but on both sides.

Ocean acts as if she wants young women to be informed of All their choices and info about abortion and pregnancy, but it is clear to see how she handles any who oppose her view.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply because YOU regret having your abortion doesn't mean other women "should" or "must" feel the same way. Here's a link to a site where women do NOT regret having an abortion. They were very relieved that the option was available to them.
http://www.imnotsorry.net
All of you are crazy. I regret taking birth control
because I had a miscarriage. Going against God leaves
us suffering.
Act of Contrition
+My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In
choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned
against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly
intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and
to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
Ok ocean, believe as you will. I said you were a bad mother in a sweeping statement, about what makes a bad mother. You may pull it up if you even know where it is, since I said I was sorry about making the statement a day or two after making it, and when you had not even noticed it, so if bringing up a comment that I felt was in bad taste, and apologizing for it makes me a liar, then so be it. Plus I have lied many times in my life before I was saved.
You made the mistake of saying "I have never willingly lied on this forum" or words to that effect. I called you a LIAR because that statement was FALSE. You DID tell a lie on this forum, about me personally, regardless of your rather lame "apology."

Here's a little tip for you, G. When you say something like "I've never willingly lied" and others know that statement is NOT true, they will call you on it, as I did. Whether you like our doing so or not is irrelevant.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
A few thoughts come to mind-
1) Foo has not changed my mind about abortion. I am as anti-abortion now as I was when I started posting.
2) Argueing abortion based on religion will get you nowhere. There are many relious beliefs and they are each important to the people who hold them.
3) When you make a statement, back it up, or say that it is your opinion.
4) Probably the most important thing that Foo has taught me is that just because someone supports abortion rights, that doesn't make them a bad person.
5) Another, and equally important, thing is that posting your objection on a forum doesn't cut it if you don't put your words into action.
6) Prolifers, in many cases, are their own worst enemy.
Now, all this being said, "Twister" is a favorite word game that is played by both sides on here.
I assume you have not argued abortion based on religion, and where has that got you?

There must be a reason you are anti -abortion.

I was for abortion, untill my life changing experience with God.

It seems many want good 'christians " to only speak about the love and forgiveness of God, and any negative comments make them a bad christian.

If the rich young ruler went to most any "church " in the US and asked (what must I do to have eternal life) they would tell him abc repeat after me, and you're saved. Then they would make him a deacon or preacher.

What did Jesus tell him?

I never expect anyone to read what I say and turn around and say "I see the light, thanks",but some ground is harder to sow on.

I mess up alot, and regret saying certain things, but not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.

I believe we are getting used to the dark, and things like abortion where millions of babies are being killed at will, just almost shuts down the mind.

Perhaps we will look back one day, and wonder "what were we thinking "

Especially when sooo many thank God for abortion.

Atleast that is my opinion.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
All of you are crazy. I regret taking birth control because I had a miscarriage. Going against God leaves us suffering.
Well, that's YOUR regret, not mine. I also don't believe in your "God," so your vague "going against God leaves us suffering" threat is meaningless.

Personally, I am very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception, which has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
Ocean acts as if she wants young women to be informed of All their choices and info about abortion and pregnancy, but it is clear to see how she handles any who oppose her view.
Yes, G, I responded to "Marianne's" post by saying that simply because SHE regretted having an abortion, it doesn't mean that all women "should" or "must" feel the same way. Obviously, you have a problem with that. Too bad.

The fact remains that there are women who DON'T regret having an abortion at all. They only regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.

Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You went from being kind to being one of the most arrogant jerks on this thread. Stop acting as if you know the will of God. It's absolutely pathetic. Your post, like most crazy pro-life wackos, reflects more your ignorance and fear of death than anything else. Death is natural and is a part of life. Deal with it.
I will admit tbat what I wish to say, and what I say can be two different things, but why would you not want to know the will of God?

I'm nothing special at all, just a man.
Jesus said "that ye may know ", so what is wrong with knowing?

I know that I am saved. I know just as sure as I know I am married.

My fault is letting someones attacking comment, cause me to attack them, for that I am sorry, and feel free to call me on it anytime.

There are some absolutes in this world.

Man can and does mess things up, but God can even use our mess.

I've seen many comments on FB about how God loves to take our mess and turn it into a message.

How he loves to take broken things and fix them.

I am just thankful, that God loves broken things.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so bitter?
True, I have no life experience and I am speculating like crazy.
Proof? It's called listening, reading and seeing. Kids want to stay with their original family. They want the same mother and father. Not some bimbo the father found at the local bar. I feel for these kids who end up with a stranger for a step parent. Doesn't work.
Did you have a bitter divorce? Is that it?
Disney movie? Don't get the connection.
Bitter?

Not at all. In fact, YOU are the one who sounds bitter here, about stepmothers.

No, no "bitter divorce". I was widowed, not that it's any of your business. My husband is a wonderful stepfather, and I am a stepmother. Our combined family is very happy.

You're ASSuming a "bimbo", huh? That says more about you than it does about stepmothers, you ass.

You never saw a Disney movie as a kid? That say much about you as well.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
Yeah, G, I responded by telling such posters that NOT all women regret having an abortion. Why you have such an issue with that is beyond me.

I also think it's a good idea to challenge the anti-choice myth that "mothers never regret having their children." There are quite a few sad stories from women who REGRET becoming mothers as well. Stories like this one, for example.

http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...

wantmylifeback says:

January 12, 2012 at 6:46 am

I really never thought motherhood would be like this. I was always hesitant about having children because I know I can be on the selfish side. I dont think I would have regrets if I had a normal baby! I ended up having a child that had severe colic, and acid reflux, and is VERY high maintenance!

I decided to be a stay at home mom when the nanny I had lined up fell through and daycare wasn't something my husband and I wanted for our child. It has been 6 months and Iím beginning to regret becoming a mom. She doesn't sleep, she eats every 1.5-2 hours (breastfed). Sheís not gaining weight like she should. Some days I just feel like a total failure at life and being a mother!

My sister had a baby a couple months ago and he sleeps, and is happy overall. He has caught up to my daughter in weight also!! I know i shouldn't compare but its hard not to! Why did she luck out with a mellow happy baby?!

My mother in law has become a MONSTER IN LAW! Her true colors are shining through and she is overbearing, manipulative, boundary stomping bitch! She absolutely lived only for her two boys and has empty nest syndrome and is trying to transfer her CRAZY to my daughter! She acts like my daughter is HER daughter, and keeps buying baby furniture for her house piece by piece, like my daughter is going to live with her!!! Ugh I really hate her and hate that I have to see her more now that Iíve had a baby. I didn't like her before and definitely dont like her now!!!

I think if I could just take a vacation from being a mom every couple weeks I would feel a lot better about myself and my daughter!! I know its not my daughters fault and I feel so guilty sometimes for feeling this way. Its just nice to know Iím not alone!!

Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's YOUR regret, not mine. I also don't believe in your "God," so your vague "going against God leaves us suffering" threat is meaningless.
Personally, I am very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception, which has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.
I'm happy for you ocean, but notice what you just wrote about contraceptives when it suited your need? Sorry YOUR need. Lol
And you speak about how it fails often and the need for abortion is there?

Why would a woman who have had kids and not want any more not be "fixed "?

It seems that would be a better alternative to having an abortion.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You made the mistake of saying "I have never willingly lied on this forum" or words to that effect. I called you a LIAR because that statement was FALSE. You DID tell a lie on this forum, about me personally, regardless of your rather lame "apology."
Here's a little tip for you, G. When you say something like "I've never willingly lied" and others know that statement is NOT true, they will call you on it, as I did. Whether you like our doing so or not is irrelevant.
Yes, thanks ocean I see your point.
Plus thanks for calling me out about calling you a bad mom, 2 or 3 days after I made the statement and after I apologized. Lol

If we are going to get technical though, are you saying there was never a time that you felt like you were being a bad mom?

I know little foo likes to catch me in a technicality and then call me a liar.

There are times I feel I should go to law school before responding on this topic, well that or get Bill Clinton to teach me how to word things. Or his wife :)

I hope you have a blessed day.
Its been bad stormy here, so I hope it is not near you.:)
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
I'm happy for you ocean, but notice what you just wrote about contraceptives when it suited your need? Sorry YOUR need. Lol
And you speak about how it fails often and the need for abortion is there?
Why would a woman who have had kids and not want any more not be "fixed "? It seems that would be a better alternative to having an abortion.
And my writing about contraceptives would be a problem for you...WHY, exactly?

As to a woman having a tubal ligation or not, that is also a PERSONAL choice. There are doctors who refuse to perform a tubal ligation, especially on young women, even if they have already had children and don't want any more. So getting "fixed" isn't as easy as you would have everyone believe.

Gotta jet. Have a nice day.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, G, I responded to "Marianne's" post by saying that simply because SHE regretted having an abortion, it doesn't mean that all women "should" or "must" feel the same way. Obviously, you have a problem with that. Too bad.
The fact remains that there are women who DON'T regret having an abortion at all. They only regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.
Yes, and I agree with that, as well as the stories about women who hate being moms.
I personaly know of 1 woman who walked away from 3 sets of kids with 3 different men, for another man each time.

The thing was, she was a great mom when she had them.
yet it was as if she had a switch, that she could flip and have no further dealings with her kids.

I love my daughter very much, but I'm not dumb to the fact of how much of "me " I have given up for her.

I also know full well how much time and work is involved, being that I was a stay at home dad for over 3 years.

I still don't believe moms hating it is the norm. I do believe there have been many changes in our country in the last 50 years that have lead to the "all about me " generation we now have.

Still hope you have a good day.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
And my writing about contraceptives would be a problem for you...WHY, exactly?
As to a woman having a tubal ligation or not, that is also a PERSONAL choice. There are doctors who refuse to perform a tubal ligation, especially on young women, even if they have already had children and don't want any more. So getting "fixed" isn't as easy as you would have everyone believe.
Gotta jet. Have a nice day.
The same to you :)

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you have not argued abortion based on religion, and where has that got you?
There must be a reason you are anti -abortion.
I was for abortion, untill my life changing experience with God.
It seems many want good 'christians " to only speak about the love and forgiveness of God, and any negative comments make them a bad christian.
If the rich young ruler went to most any "church " in the US and asked (what must I do to have eternal life) they would tell him abc repeat after me, and you're saved. Then they would make him a deacon or preacher.
What did Jesus tell him?
I never expect anyone to read what I say and turn around and say "I see the light, thanks",but some ground is harder to sow on.
I mess up alot, and regret saying certain things, but not afraid to admit when I'm wrong.
I believe we are getting used to the dark, and things like abortion where millions of babies are being killed at will, just almost shuts down the mind.
Atleast that is my opinion.
"I assume you have not argued abortion based on religion, and where has that got you?"

Where has agrueing it on religious grounds gotten you?

"There must be a reason you are anti -abortion."

I see it as a human rights issue. IMO once a new life is made it deserves respect and protection.

"I was for abortion, untill my life changing experience with God."

That is fine for you but other's don't experience it the same way, and never will.

"It seems many want good 'christians " to only speak about the love and forgiveness of God, and any negative comments make them a bad christian.
What did Jesus tell him?
Atleast that is my opinion."

You have every right to hold and share you opinion, just as everyone else has the right to the same. This is a great country where we can sare, and fight for what we believe to be right.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant the hypothetical question stemmed from the conversation regarding legal instance fetus becomes baby. Might as well flush all that BS following the word NO up there up there in your response wordy girl.
<quoted text>
Yes it did. Again, be sure to flush all that BS up there following the word NO in your response wordy girl.
<quoted text>
I haven't failed to understand anything. It is you who understands nothing. You don't even know what a Hypothetical Question is or what it entails.
"hypothetical question noun
Definition of HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION
: a question based on hypothetical facts concerning which a witness in court is asked for an opinion"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyp...
"hy∑po∑thet∑i∑cal adjective \&#716;h&#299;-p&# 601;-&#712;the-ti-k&#6 01;l\
Definition of HYPOTHETICAL
: being or involving a hypothesis : conjectural <hypothetical arguments> <a hypothetical situation>"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyp...
I know what a hypocthetical is, nitwit. It's PC that doesn't know the definitions of anything and can't read for comprehension when definitions are provided.

An answer to a hypothetical question requires the person answering to have intelligence (you lost there), factual information (you lost), SENSE (again you lost) and good judgment (no change, you still lost). Your opinions are based on the same, all of the things required to make informed and sound opinions, you don't have what it takes.
You don't have what it takes to answer a hypothetical question in such a way as to not make your self look mind bogglingly uninformed and ignorant.

Katie: "I meant the hypothetical question stemmed from the conversation regarding legal instance fetus becomes baby."

"At birth" means expulsion of the human life. Always has meant that, always will mean that. Your first mistake was in ignorantly thinking and believing it could be at first breath and cord cut.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

*hypothetical

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So CD,(and anyone else interested) who do you like in the Superbowl?
I'm happy to see that New England isn't in the Superbowl this year. Personally, I think it's going to be a low scoring game. Even though SF has a slight advantage offensively, both teams are equally matched defensively.

But, to answer your question, I'm remaining partial to the AFC and will root for Baltimore.

How 'bout you darling?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Just as important as [legally] becoming newborn "baby", at expulsion,[legally] "fetus becomes baby" at viability. "Baby" is a subjective term. Child is what the human life is in utero. Definition of "chld" includes "unborn fetus".

Katie's irrelevant posts about what she meant in the stupidity she posted from the beginning amounts to as much as her original opinions did on the matter; NOTHING.

The "magical moment" (<Kate's term used), a fetus becomes newborn [infant/baby] is expulsion from mother's body. NOTHING else makes sense, no matter how hard she tried to make it make sense. Sense is backed by facts, and nothing she said was backed by any facts. The end.

Not for Katie the nut case. No, she can't admit her opinions didn't make sense, and didn't because they weren't backed by facts, so instead she's argued persistently trying to turn her senselessness into sense. It's been an epic fail, and she should have stopped arguing about it right from the beginning, but she doesn't even have enough sense to know that. Though she's tried to turn it around on PLers as though we're the ones who don't understand what she meant from the beginning, it too has been an epic fail.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baltimore Discussions

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,084,910
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 min Fitus T Bluster 18,616
Baltimore Stands with Israel 7 hr Cat74 30
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 20 hr SnuffAGlobalist 5
Aging city school buildings prepared for class Thu hector 1
Scumbag Ray Rice Thu Coach Chuggins 1
Review: Wanda Hicks Dating Service Jul 30 Joe Clinton 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000