Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280788 Jan 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitter?
Not at all. In fact, YOU are the one who sounds bitter here, about stepmothers.
No, no "bitter divorce". I was widowed, not that it's any of your business. My husband is a wonderful stepfather, and I am a stepmother. Our combined family is very happy.
You're ASSuming a "bimbo", huh? That says more about you than it does about stepmothers, you ass.
You never saw a Disney movie as a kid? That say much about you as well.
So after your husband died you ran right down to the local pub to find a replacement. Shame on you. Your husband wasn't even cold in the grave. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You can admit it - you are a bimbo. Someone has to be, and it might as well be you.
I guess if this guy dies, you'll be on the prowl again. Happy hunting...
It's funny how everyone needs to let others know how 'happy' they are. Leads me to believe they are not...
Bitter much?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280789 Jan 30, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that!
I would say - that makes you an expert.

All this talk about 'expulsion' makes me a little nauseous.

Wackadoodles.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280790 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit tbat what I wish to say, and what I say can be two different things, but why would you not want to know the will of God?
I'm nothing special at all, just a man.
Jesus said "that ye may know ", so what is wrong with knowing?
I know that I am saved. I know just as sure as I know I am married.
My fault is letting someones attacking comment, cause me to attack them, for that I am sorry, and feel free to call me on it anytime.
There are some absolutes in this world.
Man can and does mess things up, but God can even use our mess.
I've seen many comments on FB about how God loves to take our mess and turn it into a message.
How he loves to take broken things and fix them.
I am just thankful, that God loves broken things.
OMG! Are you for real? Are there actually people out there who think like you? That is scary.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#280791 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So after your husband died you ran right down to the local pub to find a replacement. Shame on you. Your husband wasn't even cold in the grave. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You can admit it - you are a bimbo. Someone has to be, and it might as well be you.
I guess if this guy dies, you'll be on the prowl again. Happy hunting...
It's funny how everyone needs to let others know how 'happy' they are. Leads me to believe they are not...
Bitter much?
Yes, you are bitter, clearly.

As for me, I remarried over 9 1/2 years after my first husband died. You may want to watch those assumptions, they're making an ass out of you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#280792 Jan 30, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I have traveled a long and risky path. We have shared a lot in the years that we have been here-we have debated, laughed, and had "heated" exchanges. I've learned from you. You have helped me see abortion from a different perspective, and while I don't agree with you on this issue, what you have taught me has helped me and the women that I work with. Thank you.
And I have to say the same to you as well. You directly allowed me to take the step to look into and find a really great CPC in Maryland that I could in good conscience direct women to when they wanted that kind of help. Before our discussions, I'd have never even CONSIDERED going that route with women. You absoutely opened my eyes in many ways in that respect, and for that and much more, I thank you for the gift of your friendship - when we're not wanting to kill each other that is LOL! <<grin>>

Thank you for all you do Sue.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280793 Jan 30, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree; you clearly have lots of life experience. Seems to me, however, that your life experience is concentrated on the fact that your ex found a "bimbo" and it pisses you off that your child(ren) displya some affection towards that "bimbo."
Besides, since you admit you have little or no life experience, and the one you have is limited to listening, reading and seeing, who are you to make a statements like "Kids want to stay with their original family. They want the same mother and father[?]"
Don't be such a "guppy," Guppy. Guppies get fed to Oscars and fresh water turtles.
How did you know? Good guess. My husband found a bimbo that he liked more than me. I am not bimboish. As it turns out, the bimbo has a heart of gold etc and my kids liked her more than me. Actually, I am glad she took them off my hands. Damn kids. Never liked them anyway.
FYI - Social workers do everything in their power to return the kid to it's parent/s. Meaning, that is the best solution for all. KIDS WANT THEIR MOM AND DAD. Period end of story. If you say otherwise, you are either a liar or a fool or both.

Location hidden

#280794 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask how she has helped you see abortion in a different light?
I'm not anywhere near the closed minded religous bigot they claim, and I to can see why someone would seek abortion.
I also know you can't judge someone unless you've walked in their shoes.
My thing is with the numbers of abortions being done, and the number that accounts for rape or incest being very few in comparison with the number of abortions being done daily.
I only know of one woman who has had an abortion, she was my bosses live in girlfriend, when I was 14 or 15 years old.
I worked at a sonic drive in "yes foo foo I was to young and even recieved a check from dept of labor ",but I remeber her and him comming back from new orleans, as they made a little vacation out of their abortion trip. She was telling me about having an abortion and laughing, saying how she wished she could have them more often, becouse of the gas they give you to breath in.
I wasn't against abortion then, but still thought she was just joking in a bad way about it.
Looking back though, who knows how she really felt, since I know very well how some use laughter to deal with pain.
I can't get foo foo to settle down enough to have a decent convo with me, and perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, but right now its nothing worth reading from either one of us.
You're not looking for a decent conversation Gtown. You're too busy preaching.

Go back to the first week or two you posted here. I went out of my way to try to engage you BEYOND your faith based ramblings, and you would have none of it.

You can't expect to come to a board like this, talk AT people (because YOU are certainly not talking TO anyone) preach AT people that dont share your blind faith and expect it to go well when you insist on being equally blind to what they're saying and to their views.

Sue and I (among others) came to a place of understanding and respect by extending an olive branch and making a concerted effort to LISTEN to what the other was saying and to actually DO the reading WITH AN OPEN MIND that the other was offering to show our views.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#280795 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Many are happy with seeing their parents happy with others, and not UNHAPPY with each other.
Would most LIKE their folks to be together? Yup. But MOST are happier when their parents are happy, and kids today are intelligent enough to understand the difference.
Divorce is an intelligent choice for a couple that doesn't work together. Staying together for the 'sake of the children' more often than not, creates unhappy children.
I totally agree with you, Foo. As you know, I speak from personal experience on that. I would've loved for my parents to have stayed together, if that's what they truly wanted and if they truly loved each other. However, as the years have passed by, I totally see why they ended up getting divorced. They married young, mom was 18 and dad was 19, I was born a year later and my sister was born 4 years later. They really never got a chance to "grow up" and experience life. As time passed, I think they began to resent each other and perhaps they felt that the other was holding them back from finding their true selves as folks tend to do when they grow up. Once they separated, they began to experience life and do the things they should've done before getting married and having children (such as going to college and getting educated and traveling and seeing the world). Granted, it took them longer to do those things, as they had kids to raise and bring along on those trips, but I feel they were able to become the people they wanted to be and they became better people because of it. As I know my parents now, they're 2 totally different people and I can see why things didn't work out between them. I'm grateful that they discovered that early on instead of giving up on their dreams and settling for less and therefore living a miserable existence. I think that would've been way worse for everyone involved.

I'm also glad that they decided to part ways instead of sticking with each other for the sake of my sister and I. There was so much tension in the house you would've needed a chainsaw to slice through it, lol. They were miserable, we picked up on it and it made my sister and I miserable. It was sad to see my father leave but as time went by, there was peace in the house and I saw my parents in a different,*happy*, life.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280796 Jan 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are bitter, clearly.
As for me, I remarried over 9 1/2 years after my first husband died. You may want to watch those assumptions, they're making an ass out of you.
Why did you feel the need to replace your husband? If you truly loved him - you wouldn't want to. It's funny/strange how people can't wait to get into another bad relationship. Shaking head.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280797 Jan 30, 2013
A 97 year old woman married an 88 year old man last weekend. Ha!

True story. Saw their picture in the NYT.

That's a great story..
Test

Oakmont, PA

#280798 Jan 30, 2013
Test

Location hidden

#280799 Jan 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Good morning ocean :)
Hope you slept well.
Looking forward to your post soon.
I know you won't disapoint me.
Oh and Jesus truly does love you.
THank you for so quickly giving us the evidence that you're not really here for "decent convo".

You start out the day with comments that are snarky to start with, and religious garbage that is unwelcome.

And you want to know why nobody is taking you seriously? Really?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280800 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not looking for a decent conversation Gtown. You're too busy preaching.
Go back to the first week or two you posted here. I went out of my way to try to engage you BEYOND your faith based ramblings, and you would have none of it.
You can't expect to come to a board like this, talk AT people (because YOU are certainly not talking TO anyone) preach AT people that dont share your blind faith and expect it to go well when you insist on being equally blind to what they're saying and to their views.
Sue and I (among others) came to a place of understanding and respect by extending an olive branch and making a concerted effort to LISTEN to what the other was saying and to actually DO the reading WITH AN OPEN MIND that the other was offering to show our views.
Aw....two saints...

little bunny foo-foo, walking through.......
Bitners ex husband

New York, NY

#280801 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie all the TIME on this thread, thus you're lying right now.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yet NOT ONE THING you've claimed can be verified.
<quoted text>
Of course you didn't. What he supposedly said SUITS YOUR AGENDA.
You've proven my point that your kind are among the worst kind of blind followers.
<quoted text>
You're lying AGAIN.
You've been given links TO the act itself, which doesn't discuss abortion AT ALL.
Dam you are a bore in addtition to being a boob
Bitners ex husband

New York, NY

#280802 Jan 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>THank you for so quickly giving us the evidence that you're not really here for "decent convo".
You start out the day with comments that are snarky to start with, and religious garbage that is unwelcome.
And you want to know why nobody is taking you seriously? Really?
good, so can you please then stop posting back to him with your constant whinning and stupity please.

Geez you are worse than a woman.

Thank you

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#280803 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you feel the need to replace your husband? If you truly loved him - you wouldn't want to. It's funny/strange how people can't wait to get into another bad relationship. Shaking head.
"can't wait"? LOL, I hardly think 9 1/2 years constitutes "can't wait".

More assumptions on your part, Ass.

My first marriage was a good one, and so is this one.

You are clueless, and are the one who is bitter.
Bitners ex husband

New York, NY

#280804 Jan 30, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you, Foo. As you know, I speak from personal experience on that. I would've loved for my parents to have stayed together, if that's what they truly wanted and if they truly loved each other. However, as the years have passed by, I totally see why they ended up getting divorced. They married young, mom was 18 and dad was 19, I was born a year later and my sister was born 4 years later. They really never got a chance to "grow up" and experience life. As time passed, I think they began to resent each other and perhaps they felt that the other was holding them back from finding their true selves as folks tend to do when they grow up. Once they separated, they began to experience life and do the things they should've done before getting married and having children (such as going to college and getting educated and traveling and seeing the world). Granted, it took them longer to do those things, as they had kids to raise and bring along on those trips, but I feel they were able to become the people they wanted to be and they became better people because of it. As I know my parents now, they're 2 totally different people and I can see why things didn't work out between them. I'm grateful that they discovered that early on instead of giving up on their dreams and settling for less and therefore living a miserable existence. I think that would've been way worse for everyone involved.
I'm also glad that they decided to part ways instead of sticking with each other for the sake of my sister and I. There was so much tension in the house you would've needed a chainsaw to slice through it, lol. They were miserable, we picked up on it and it made my sister and I miserable. It was sad to see my father leave but as time went by, there was peace in the house and I saw my parents in a different,*happy*, life.
Go get the pots and pans out and start cooking some breakfast for your husband.

Location hidden

#280805 Jan 30, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you have, LIAR. You LIED about me being a bad mother simply because you didn't like my bringing up the HARDSHIPS of motherhood. You offered a lame "apology" for lying about it, but it doesn't change the fact that you DID lie when it suited your purpose. Nice try, but it doesn't fly.
Exactly. He lies pretty regularly actually, but fails to recognize his own failings on a regular basis.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#280806 Jan 30, 2013
Ah, the trolls are out in force, I see. They can't stand it that we are living our happy lives, when we aren't in lockstep with them. They have nothing but lies to counter us with. Sucks to be them, so bitter and obviously miserable.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#280807 Jan 30, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if this guy dies, you'll be on the prowl oagain. Happy hunting...
Bitter much?
Troll Alert!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Bluestater 1,224,606
Will CVS rebuild 1 hr joey 1
Cops railroaded to appease N***ers. 2 hr Someone 64
News Poverty edging into 2016 presidential race amid... 4 hr Novus Ordo Seclorum 11
News Reforming Baltimore police will be expensive, c... 5 hr Fear ISIS 2
News Baltimore middle schoolers learn to operate sys... 5 hr Mary 1
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 6 hr QueenOfBondage 444
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]