Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,155)

Showing posts 263,081 - 263,100 of303,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And we've seen it living comfortably in church rectories...and the Vatican.
If you were satan where would you go?

Would you spend your time and effort on those you already own?

Would you spend your time trying to ruin lives in the so called house of God?

Better yet would you use the ones you own to try and not only build false gods and religions, but build those with the one true Gods name on the door filled with your own children?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
Gerri Santoro's story in a nutshell:
"In June 1964, a woman was found dead from an illegal abortion on a Norwich, Connecticut motel room floor. She was identified by her sister as Gerri Santoro, a mother of two facing her third pregnancy. Santoro and her two daughters had been victims of an abusive husband/father. Santoro was just 28 years old, and was 6.5 months pregnant with her secret lover’s baby. He took her to the motel, and fled when the self-induced abortion went wrong, abandoning dying Santoro behind.(He was arrested but served only a year for manslaughter)."
She was 6 1/2 months pregnant (with her secret lover's baby) when she had that abortion. She wouldn't be allowed to abort a healthy child these days even with abortion being legal, so PCers using HER as the poster woman for abortion rights is senseless, disrespectful to HER, and displays desperation from the PC camp.
More of her story here: http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/blog/2007/06/07...
It doesn't show her photo. Just the story.
Including: "...Gerri was also the victim of years of domestic abuse at the hands of a cold, self-hating, and bigoted man—Sebastian "Sam" Santoro—whom she had naively and impulsively married at age 18. As a young bride in 1953 determined to get married before her best friend did, she subsequently endured years of abuse to try to save her marriage. She left Sam after she saw him repeatedly beat and whip their daughters with a belt.
Trying to build a new life, Gerri met a kinder, married, and smooth-talking 43 year-old man at the training school where they both worked. Clyde Dixon was completely different from her husband and Gerri, now 28 but still with dreams of a more hopeful future, talked of marrying Clyde and living in a big house with him and her daughters. But it was not to be. She became pregnant and when she learned that Sam was returning from California to see her and the girls, Gerri feared for her life and the lives of her daughters. She and Clyde checked into a motel on June 8, 1964 with the intent that Clyde would perform the abortion, using surgical instruments and a textbook that he had obtained from a co-worker. But she started to hemorrhage and Clyde panicked, leaving her by herself in the hotel room. Gerri died alone and in pain, discovered by the motel cleaning woman..."
Once again, the story is being used to support abortion rights. What she endured in that motel room is inhumane and tragic. The reasons she made the choice to abort a healthy 6 1/2 month old unborn child is a testament to how {desperate} she was to hide this secret affair and conceived child from it. If that had been my sister, I'd have done everything in my power to proect her from the abusive husband, NOT to abort a viable child.
Very sad story.
It seems she was looking for someone to put her faith in -a man.
Both men seemed to let her down and use her in her life.
Now prochoice folks can use her in her death.

I cried over this lady, which died so long ago. She needed something bigger then anything on earth to help her.
Very sad.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhilter: "It's called Divide and Conquer"
_____
Which reminds me: have you noticed all the recent state restrictions on abortion recently?
Have you noticed those restrictions have no effect on the majority of the abortions performed.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Is abortion one of the choices you are for pregnant women having?
Yes or no?
No, abortion is one of the CHOICES all women have.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were satan where would you go?
Would you spend your time and effort on those you already own?
Would you spend your time trying to ruin lives in the so called house of God?
Better yet would you use the ones you own to try and not only build false gods and religions, but build those with the one true Gods name on the door filled with your own children?
Amazing that you think you know the will of God and of Satan. Your imagination is quite active.
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
"but it still should throw you afoot"? You think that means something?
<quoted text>
correct

"AFOOT",.....what do u think i mean?
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Just can't get through the day without fantasizing about me, can you?
<quoted text>
yea, i think he wants u bad.......you should ablidge him

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You PCers are very big on 'choice'. You defend the ideal that every woman should have the right to make any choice she wants and society has to live with/accept her choices.
In the PC mindset, a woman can never make a bad choice, she is just too intelligent and good to make a bad choice. Men on the other hand can and do make bad choices, the worst of them being rape.
Yet, couldn't rapists make a case, using the same belief system in the ideal of 'choice' that you PCers cherish, that they shouldn't be dissuaded from raping and/or being persecuted under the law for the choice they've made?
I'm sure you PCers will point out that rape is a terrible thing, but abortion is not, but I'm not agruing that point. I talking about your cherished ideal of 'choice' and how it is the most important thing in the world to you.
I believe that if you want to world to respect the ideal of 'choice', then you should be willing to accept everyone - not just women -- making their own choices in life, whether that choice is good or bad, and that nobody has a right to dissuade others from making choices.
Thus, using your belief system in 'choice', women should not try to dissuade or punish men for the choices they make in life, which among many things would include rape.
Is this supposed to be a "new" perspective? Sorry, but it's old hat as well.

Try again.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I wrote.
No, your spelling is not fine.
My position on abortion is irrelevant. I support a woman's right to make her OWN choice.
"My position on abortion is irrelevant. I support a woman's right to make her OWN choice."

So you support a woman's right to make her own cholice to have an abortion. Thank you. Now was that so hard.

You support the cholcie of abortion.

You guys keep dancing around your core beleifs. Maybe that is why you are pagans, the enitire dancing thing is in your blood.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that you think you know the will of God and of Satan. Your imagination is quite active.

If you have a positive, you need a negative.
The bible says that satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

He only has a small bag of bait. That's all he ever needs with man.

He don't care what ditch you go in, as long as you go into one.
He is extremely crafty. He has women like ocean believing God thinks very little of her and that's good enough.
He has many many people whom are very religious. He loves religion.
Yes satan loves religion.

As far as me knowing Gods will or satans, why not?
the true will of God is unsearchable, but His will for me and you isn't.

If Jesus christ was to come back for His church "all of those who are in christ "on Sun morning at 11:30 -there would be whole churches of people who never miss a verse of amazing grace.

Whole churches of "mainly " lost people.
People without Gods Holy Ghost /Holy spirit living inside of them.

If a person has been born again and has the indweling Holy spirit, then that person belongs to God, if they don't they belong to satan.

Those who have changed masters first of all know it! They know when something as big as God, dwells in them. They have a change in their life. This change could be great or small according to age and how many things they have done and thought.

They ones that belong to God are forever sealed with Gods assurance.
Not only here and now, but throughout eternity.

Satan cannot get the soul of the saved "and he knows it ",but he can worry them, or cause them to worry. He can tempt them to stumble, so that the world will look at them and say there is no god.

Satan doesn't mess to much with those who belong to him. Why should he. He only messes with them, if he sees them looking into the whole God thing, unless it is one of his false gods, and then he will help you find that one.

God is real.

Satan is real.

Heaven is real.

Hell is real.

God created evil, for without it there is no such thing as free will.
We have laws, but don't mistake something being legal, with sonething being ok with God.

Many laws that are legal today, were very much illegal yesterday.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Pad,
I've noticed you've come in this thread looking to attack prolifers, while at the same time snuggle up to proaborts.
You wear a mask of a "prolifer," but your posts don't concur.
Have a nice weekend.
Love,
NR
Where have I attacked anyone? I felt one question was inappropriate and you see that as an attack on prolifers as a group? Also where have I snuggled, as you put it, with anyone? Being civil is a bad thing?

How do my posts not concur with the prolife stance? Your post needs some explaining. You want to complain about me but you offer nothing to support your view on this.

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is extremely crafty. He has women like ocean believing God thinks very little of her and that's good enough.
If Jesus christ was to come back for His church "all of those who are in christ "on Sun morning at 11:30 -there would be whole churches of people who never miss a verse of amazing grace.
If a person has been born again and has the indweling Holy spirit, then that person belongs to God, if they don't they belong to satan.
Those who have changed masters first of all know it! They know when something as big as God, dwells in them. They have a change in their life. This change could be great or small according to age and how many things they have done and thought.
Satan cannot get the soul of the saved "and he knows it ",but he can worry them, or cause them to worry. He can tempt them to stumble, so that the world will look at them and say there is no god.
Satan doesn't mess to much with those who belong to him. Why should he. He only messes with them, if he sees them looking into the whole God thing, unless it is one of his false gods, and then he will help you find that one.
God is real.
Satan is real.
Heaven is real.
Hell is real.
We have laws, but don't mistake something being legal, with sonething being ok with God.
My father often said that churches were not museums for saints but hospitals for sinners.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is real.
Satan is real.
Heaven is real.
Hell is real.
I spoke to God today. He said his name is Thor. Prove me wrong.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
My father often said that churches were not museums for saints but hospitals for sinners.
He sounds pretty wise.
The church ofcourse is made up of all the people that are (in christ), although when most think of the church, they point to a certain building.

It is a place "the building " where saints and sinners go.
The preacher should equipt the saints for the work of the ministry.

Sometimes sinners become saints in the church house.

Some times sinners become saints elsewhere, and then feel drawn to go to a church house.

I've learned alot including what happened to me, the night I was saved.

Saved folks should learn more and more, not to become spiritiual fatcats, or museum pieces, but so they can reach others, where they are.

I'm very thankfull for the "church " house. Yet I've come to learn that some are far from the teachings of Christ.

Some have christ in their sign, but far removed from their hearts.

I'm thankful I was savd at home in my bed, so that I wouldn't favor one denomination over another, just becouse I confuss the grace of God with a certain name of church house.

It is not Gods will that any should perish, but thay all should come to know Him.

The Glory be to Jesus Christ,for He alone is worthy.

Your comment reminded me of a story, in which a ship sank of a certain coast. The survivers built "with their money " a place of rescue for others who would sink later. As time went on, and the nicer the "safe house " became, members began complaining about how the wet and dirty people was messing up "their " house.

After a while it just became a place to meet for the ones that built it, but no longer did they rescue others or house any that were.

A few that remembered why they built it to start with, built another safe house next door, and began saving all who needed help. Yet again, as it became bigger and nicer, the same thing happened.

They say now, you can go there and the coast is filled with wonderfull clubs, that require alot, as to only the finest may join, but there is no longer any place to help those who are in need of it.

This could say alot about what we call "church " :)
God

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea of a name is a concept of mortals. Call me anything you wish. Just don't ever call me a myth.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
:-D

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a very complimentary portrayal of God at all. I was taught God is forgiving. What that person wrote about would be more likely something seen in Hell.
That makes sense. Who would believe in a vindictive, vengeful god?
God

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the record, I never spoke with you today.
God

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
:-D
It doesn't take much to amuse you. Some of you use the sense of humor I gave you better than others. You're not one of them.

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He sounds pretty wise.
The church ofcourse is made up of all the people that are (in christ), although when most think of the church, they point to a certain building.
It is a place "the building " where saints and sinners go.
The preacher should equipt the saints for the work of the ministry.
Sometimes sinners become saints in the church house.
Some times sinners become saints elsewhere, and then feel drawn to go to a church house.
I've learned alot including what happened to me, the night I was saved.
Saved folks should learn more and more, not to become spiritiual fatcats, or museum pieces, but so they can reach others, where they are.
I'm very thankfull for the "church " house. Yet I've come to learn that some are far from the teachings of Christ.
Some have christ in their sign, but far removed from their hearts.
I'm thankful I was savd at home in my bed, so that I wouldn't favor one denomination over another, just becouse I confuss the grace of God with a certain name of church house.
It is not Gods will that any should perish, but thay all should come to know Him.
The Glory be to Jesus Christ,for He alone is worthy.
Your comment reminded me of a story, in which a ship sank of a certain coast. The survivers built "with their money " a place of rescue for others who would sink later. As time went on, and the nicer the "safe house " became, members began complaining about how the wet and dirty people was messing up "their " house.
After a while it just became a place to meet for the ones that built it, but no longer did they rescue others or house any that were.
A few that remembered why they built it to start with, built another safe house next door, and began saving all who needed help. Yet again, as it became bigger and nicer, the same thing happened.
They say now, you can go there and the coast is filled with wonderfull clubs, that require alot, as to only the finest may join, but there is no longer any place to help those who are in need of it.
This could say alot about what we call "church " :)
My parents would refer to the church as the house of God but they would tell us that God is everywhere and we didn't have to be in a church to speak to Him. Mass was a ritual to keep God uppermost in our hearts and minds throughout the week. It was stressed on us that not attending Mass was a sin and it would jeopardize our getting into Heaven, but I no longer believe that part. I don't think God would banish people from Heaven for not attending Mass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 263,081 - 263,100 of303,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,033,707
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chuck 17,703
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street 3 hr guest 11
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) 12 hr Michael 6
Debate: Marijuana - Baltimore, MD (Aug '10) Apr 14 Sneek Blee 51
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Apr 14 Squach 123,275
legit Research Chemicals Vendor (Sep '13) Apr 13 Davey 2
•••

Freeze Warning for Baltimore County was issued at April 16 at 9:49PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search