Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#280074 Jan 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were satan where would you go?
Would you spend your time and effort on those you already own?
Would you spend your time trying to ruin lives in the so called house of God?
Better yet would you use the ones you own to try and not only build false gods and religions, but build those with the one true Gods name on the door filled with your own children?
Amazing that you think you know the will of God and of Satan. Your imagination is quite active.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#280075 Jan 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
"but it still should throw you afoot"? You think that means something?
<quoted text>
correct

"AFOOT",.....what do u think i mean?
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#280076 Jan 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Just can't get through the day without fantasizing about me, can you?
<quoted text>
yea, i think he wants u bad.......you should ablidge him

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#280077 Jan 26, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You PCers are very big on 'choice'. You defend the ideal that every woman should have the right to make any choice she wants and society has to live with/accept her choices.
In the PC mindset, a woman can never make a bad choice, she is just too intelligent and good to make a bad choice. Men on the other hand can and do make bad choices, the worst of them being rape.
Yet, couldn't rapists make a case, using the same belief system in the ideal of 'choice' that you PCers cherish, that they shouldn't be dissuaded from raping and/or being persecuted under the law for the choice they've made?
I'm sure you PCers will point out that rape is a terrible thing, but abortion is not, but I'm not agruing that point. I talking about your cherished ideal of 'choice' and how it is the most important thing in the world to you.
I believe that if you want to world to respect the ideal of 'choice', then you should be willing to accept everyone - not just women -- making their own choices in life, whether that choice is good or bad, and that nobody has a right to dissuade others from making choices.
Thus, using your belief system in 'choice', women should not try to dissuade or punish men for the choices they make in life, which among many things would include rape.
Is this supposed to be a "new" perspective? Sorry, but it's old hat as well.

Try again.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#280078 Jan 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I wrote.
No, your spelling is not fine.
My position on abortion is irrelevant. I support a woman's right to make her OWN choice.
"My position on abortion is irrelevant. I support a woman's right to make her OWN choice."

So you support a woman's right to make her own cholice to have an abortion. Thank you. Now was that so hard.

You support the cholcie of abortion.

You guys keep dancing around your core beleifs. Maybe that is why you are pagans, the enitire dancing thing is in your blood.
Gtown71

United States

#280079 Jan 26, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that you think you know the will of God and of Satan. Your imagination is quite active.
Thanks :)

If you have a positive, you need a negative.
The bible says that satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

He only has a small bag of bait. That's all he ever needs with man.

He don't care what ditch you go in, as long as you go into one.
He is extremely crafty. He has women like ocean believing God thinks very little of her and that's good enough.
He has many many people whom are very religious. He loves religion.
Yes satan loves religion.

As far as me knowing Gods will or satans, why not?
the true will of God is unsearchable, but His will for me and you isn't.

If Jesus christ was to come back for His church "all of those who are in christ "on Sun morning at 11:30 -there would be whole churches of people who never miss a verse of amazing grace.

Whole churches of "mainly " lost people.
People without Gods Holy Ghost /Holy spirit living inside of them.

If a person has been born again and has the indweling Holy spirit, then that person belongs to God, if they don't they belong to satan.

Those who have changed masters first of all know it! They know when something as big as God, dwells in them. They have a change in their life. This change could be great or small according to age and how many things they have done and thought.

They ones that belong to God are forever sealed with Gods assurance.
Not only here and now, but throughout eternity.

Satan cannot get the soul of the saved "and he knows it ",but he can worry them, or cause them to worry. He can tempt them to stumble, so that the world will look at them and say there is no god.

Satan doesn't mess to much with those who belong to him. Why should he. He only messes with them, if he sees them looking into the whole God thing, unless it is one of his false gods, and then he will help you find that one.

God is real.

Satan is real.

Heaven is real.

Hell is real.

God created evil, for without it there is no such thing as free will.
We have laws, but don't mistake something being legal, with sonething being ok with God.

Many laws that are legal today, were very much illegal yesterday.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#280080 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Pad,
I've noticed you've come in this thread looking to attack prolifers, while at the same time snuggle up to proaborts.
You wear a mask of a "prolifer," but your posts don't concur.
Have a nice weekend.
Love,
NR
Where have I attacked anyone? I felt one question was inappropriate and you see that as an attack on prolifers as a group? Also where have I snuggled, as you put it, with anyone? Being civil is a bad thing?

How do my posts not concur with the prolife stance? Your post needs some explaining. You want to complain about me but you offer nothing to support your view on this.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#280081 Jan 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks :)
If you have a positive, you need a negative.
The bible says that satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.
He only has a small bag of bait. That's all he ever needs with man.
He don't care what ditch you go in, as long as you go into one.
He is extremely crafty. He has women like ocean believing God thinks very little of her and that's good enough.
He has many many people whom are very religious. He loves religion.
Yes satan loves religion.
As far as me knowing Gods will or satans, why not?
the true will of God is unsearchable, but His will for me and you isn't.
If Jesus christ was to come back for His church "all of those who are in christ "on Sun morning at 11:30 -there would be whole churches of people who never miss a verse of amazing grace.
Whole churches of "mainly " lost people.
People without Gods Holy Ghost /Holy spirit living inside of them.
If a person has been born again and has the indweling Holy spirit, then that person belongs to God, if they don't they belong to satan.
Those who have changed masters first of all know it! They know when something as big as God, dwells in them. They have a change in their life. This change could be great or small according to age and how many things they have done and thought.
They ones that belong to God are forever sealed with Gods assurance.
Not only here and now, but throughout eternity.
Satan cannot get the soul of the saved "and he knows it ",but he can worry them, or cause them to worry. He can tempt them to stumble, so that the world will look at them and say there is no god.
Satan doesn't mess to much with those who belong to him. Why should he. He only messes with them, if he sees them looking into the whole God thing, unless it is one of his false gods, and then he will help you find that one.
God is real.
Satan is real.
Heaven is real.
Hell is real.
God created evil, for without it there is no such thing as free will.
We have laws, but don't mistake something being legal, with sonething being ok with God.
Many laws that are legal today, were very much illegal yesterday.
My father often said that churches were not museums for saints but hospitals for sinners.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#280082 Jan 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks :)
If you have a positive, you need a negative.
The bible says that satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.
He only has a small bag of bait. That's all he ever needs with man.
He don't care what ditch you go in, as long as you go into one.
He is extremely crafty. He has women like ocean believing God thinks very little of her and that's good enough.
He has many many people whom are very religious. He loves religion.
Yes satan loves religion.
As far as me knowing Gods will or satans, why not?
the true will of God is unsearchable, but His will for me and you isn't.
If Jesus christ was to come back for His church "all of those who are in christ "on Sun morning at 11:30 -there would be whole churches of people who never miss a verse of amazing grace.
Whole churches of "mainly " lost people.
People without Gods Holy Ghost /Holy spirit living inside of them.
If a person has been born again and has the indweling Holy spirit, then that person belongs to God, if they don't they belong to satan.
Those who have changed masters first of all know it! They know when something as big as God, dwells in them. They have a change in their life. This change could be great or small according to age and how many things they have done and thought.
They ones that belong to God are forever sealed with Gods assurance.
Not only here and now, but throughout eternity.
Satan cannot get the soul of the saved "and he knows it ",but he can worry them, or cause them to worry. He can tempt them to stumble, so that the world will look at them and say there is no god.
Satan doesn't mess to much with those who belong to him. Why should he. He only messes with them, if he sees them looking into the whole God thing, unless it is one of his false gods, and then he will help you find that one.
God is real.
Satan is real.
Heaven is real.
Hell is real.
God created evil, for without it there is no such thing as free will.
We have laws, but don't mistake something being legal, with sonething being ok with God.
Many laws that are legal today, were very much illegal yesterday.
I spoke to God today. He said his name is Thor. Prove me wrong.
Gtown71

United States

#280084 Jan 26, 2013
Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
My father often said that churches were not museums for saints but hospitals for sinners.
He sounds pretty wise.
The church ofcourse is made up of all the people that are (in christ), although when most think of the church, they point to a certain building.

It is a place "the building " where saints and sinners go.
The preacher should equipt the saints for the work of the ministry.

Sometimes sinners become saints in the church house.

Some times sinners become saints elsewhere, and then feel drawn to go to a church house.

I've learned alot including what happened to me, the night I was saved.

Saved folks should learn more and more, not to become spiritiual fatcats, or museum pieces, but so they can reach others, where they are.

I'm very thankfull for the "church " house. Yet I've come to learn that some are far from the teachings of Christ.

Some have christ in their sign, but far removed from their hearts.

I'm thankful I was savd at home in my bed, so that I wouldn't favor one denomination over another, just becouse I confuss the grace of God with a certain name of church house.

It is not Gods will that any should perish, but thay all should come to know Him.

The Glory be to Jesus Christ,for He alone is worthy.

Your comment reminded me of a story, in which a ship sank of a certain coast. The survivers built "with their money " a place of rescue for others who would sink later. As time went on, and the nicer the "safe house " became, members began complaining about how the wet and dirty people was messing up "their " house.

After a while it just became a place to meet for the ones that built it, but no longer did they rescue others or house any that were.

A few that remembered why they built it to start with, built another safe house next door, and began saving all who needed help. Yet again, as it became bigger and nicer, the same thing happened.

They say now, you can go there and the coast is filled with wonderfull clubs, that require alot, as to only the finest may join, but there is no longer any place to help those who are in need of it.

This could say alot about what we call "church " :)
God

United States

#280085 Jan 26, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke to God today. He said his name is Thor. Prove me wrong.
The idea of a name is a concept of mortals. Call me anything you wish. Just don't ever call me a myth.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#280086 Jan 26, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke to God today. He said his name is Thor. Prove me wrong.
:-D

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#280088 Jan 26, 2013
Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a very complimentary portrayal of God at all. I was taught God is forgiving. What that person wrote about would be more likely something seen in Hell.
That makes sense. Who would believe in a vindictive, vengeful god?
God

United States

#280089 Jan 26, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke to God today. He said his name is Thor. Prove me wrong.
And for the record, I never spoke with you today.
God

United States

#280090 Jan 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
:-D
It doesn't take much to amuse you. Some of you use the sense of humor I gave you better than others. You're not one of them.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#280091 Jan 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He sounds pretty wise.
The church ofcourse is made up of all the people that are (in christ), although when most think of the church, they point to a certain building.
It is a place "the building " where saints and sinners go.
The preacher should equipt the saints for the work of the ministry.
Sometimes sinners become saints in the church house.
Some times sinners become saints elsewhere, and then feel drawn to go to a church house.
I've learned alot including what happened to me, the night I was saved.
Saved folks should learn more and more, not to become spiritiual fatcats, or museum pieces, but so they can reach others, where they are.
I'm very thankfull for the "church " house. Yet I've come to learn that some are far from the teachings of Christ.
Some have christ in their sign, but far removed from their hearts.
I'm thankful I was savd at home in my bed, so that I wouldn't favor one denomination over another, just becouse I confuss the grace of God with a certain name of church house.
It is not Gods will that any should perish, but thay all should come to know Him.
The Glory be to Jesus Christ,for He alone is worthy.
Your comment reminded me of a story, in which a ship sank of a certain coast. The survivers built "with their money " a place of rescue for others who would sink later. As time went on, and the nicer the "safe house " became, members began complaining about how the wet and dirty people was messing up "their " house.
After a while it just became a place to meet for the ones that built it, but no longer did they rescue others or house any that were.
A few that remembered why they built it to start with, built another safe house next door, and began saving all who needed help. Yet again, as it became bigger and nicer, the same thing happened.
They say now, you can go there and the coast is filled with wonderfull clubs, that require alot, as to only the finest may join, but there is no longer any place to help those who are in need of it.
This could say alot about what we call "church " :)
My parents would refer to the church as the house of God but they would tell us that God is everywhere and we didn't have to be in a church to speak to Him. Mass was a ritual to keep God uppermost in our hearts and minds throughout the week. It was stressed on us that not attending Mass was a sin and it would jeopardize our getting into Heaven, but I no longer believe that part. I don't think God would banish people from Heaven for not attending Mass.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#280092 Jan 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That makes sense. Who would believe in a vindictive, vengeful god?
We're far from perfect and who knows that better than God? we're expected to make mistakes and bad choices. That's part of life. It's that we learn from those mistakes and how we use them to become better people that counts. I think it's the people who go through life making bad choices and never learning from them or striving to do better that would anger or perhaps disappoint God.
Gtown71

United States

#280094 Jan 26, 2013
Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents would refer to the church as the house of God but they would tell us that God is everywhere and we didn't have to be in a church to speak to Him. Mass was a ritual to keep God uppermost in our hearts and minds throughout the week. It was stressed on us that not attending Mass was a sin and it would jeopardize our getting into Heaven, but I no longer believe that part. I don't think God would banish people from Heaven for not attending Mass.
Good for you.
The Lords supper /mass is symbolic no matter how men have taught it.
Going to Heaven is either by grace or works.

It is either /or.

This is why we have sooo many different denominations now.

Justification and sanctification or two different things.

I like to put it this way.

If the blood of Jesus Christ is not enough to get me to Heaven, then I don't have a chance.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#280095 Jan 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
The Lords supper /mass is symbolic no matter how men have taught it.
Going to Heaven is either by grace or works.
It is either /or.
This is why we have sooo many different denominations now.
Justification and sanctification or two different things.
I like to put it this way.
If the blood of Jesus Christ is not enough to get me to Heaven, then I don't have a chance.
That is a good way of putting it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#280097 Jan 26, 2013
We learned it from those compassionate christians.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeter: "Killing you Sassy would only enhance the race and the nation."
Such "tolerance" coming from the gay community.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,220,354
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 58 min Be nice 16
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr TN Voter 19,848
News Robert Smith out as MTA administrator for secon... 3 hr FursMon 8
Baltimore Md Social Security Admin Can Stop Pro... 4 hr American_Jobs 14
How About Stop Black on Black Murders? 4 hr what 7
Poll Which News Network Do You Prefer To Watch? 7 hr black panther 3
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]