Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,953
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280049 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
According to NARAL president, Nancy Keenan, proaborts are left with "Postmenopausal Militia" to fight the battle. Younger generations were turned off by women like Foo, Chicky, Katiekins, Junket, cPeter, Bhitler, etc.
So, that happened......
Whatever you say, dear.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280050 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket: "Wouldn't extenuating circumstance be the reason for the majority of abortions?"
Majority of abortions are for convenience (98%).
Killing a preborn baby for convenience makes her actions excusable?
Use Klueless Katiekins dictionary before posting. She doesn't use it.
LOL Whatever you say dear. Never mind AJ was asking you what "prolife with exceptions" means, right?

LOLOLOL

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

our time is limited

#280051 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket: "Wouldn't extenuating circumstance be the reason for the majority of abortions?"
Majority of abortions are for convenience (98%).
Killing a preborn baby for convenience makes her actions excusable?
Use Klueless Katiekins dictionary before posting. She doesn't use it.
What exactly is your definition of "convenience"? A woman struggling to make ends meet? Perhaps a woman that is emotionally ill equipped to mother a child? An at-risk pregnancy? So many reasons, none of which are my business or yours.

But, I do believe that you may be confusing "convenience" with "necessity" since it's not you in that position and (there is a God!), you never will be.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280052 Jan 26, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You PCers are very big on 'choice'. You defend the ideal that every woman should have the right to make any choice she wants and society has to live with/accept her choices.
In the PC mindset, a woman can never make a bad choice, she is just too intelligent and good to make a bad choice. Men on the other hand can and do make bad choices, the worst of them being rape.
Yet, couldn't rapists make a case, using the same belief system in the ideal of 'choice' that you PCers cherish, that they shouldn't be dissuaded from raping and/or being persecuted under the law for the choice they've made?
I'm sure you PCers will point out that rape is a terrible thing, but abortion is not, but I'm not agruing that point. I talking about your cherished ideal of 'choice' and how it is the most important thing in the world to you.
I believe that if you want to world to respect the ideal of 'choice', then you should be willing to accept everyone - not just women -- making their own choices in life, whether that choice is good or bad, and that nobody has a right to dissuade others from making choices.
Thus, using your belief system in 'choice', women should not try to dissuade or punish men for the choices they make in life, which among many things would include rape.
You use a faulty premise every time you compare abortion to a criminal act. There's no way to go forward until you make like comparisons.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#280053 Jan 26, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: "Problem is, dear, medically and legally s/he is no longer at the fetal stage of human development. You realize this, which is why you can't share a link supporting your contention that s/he remains a fetus upon birth (for up to 48 hours)."
That's exactly why she won't. Same reason she won't share a link proving that a stillborn is a fetus supposedly because "it didn't take take a breath", to substantiate her claim that that's a fact.
I've proven several times over that it's not a fact.
I agree, Lilly.

I put the information right there for Katie to abosorb, & she still doesn't realize the legal definition of 'born alive'...

['born alive', with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion OR extraction from his OR her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion OR extraction breathes OR has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, OR definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion OR extraction occurs as a result of natural OR induced labor, cesarean section, OR induced abortion.]...maybe Katiekins doesn't know what the word "OR" means...?

Kaite also hasn't grasped the words `person',`human being',`child', and `individual'...[shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive (see above) at any stage of development...]

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ207/ ...

You can hit Klueless Katiekins between her deep-set, closely positioned eyes and she goes right back claiming that a fetus that is born remains a fetus until some whacky later time.

She's a great case study in Kluelessness.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#280054 Jan 26, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Puddles! You are the poster boy for the importance in getting an education. It's not too late for you to get your GED. Fingers crossed for you.
Junket, you support handing down a death sentence to an innocent, defenseless preborn baby.

Were you raised by *gorillas?
_____

* Explanation: "Were you raised by monkeys" statement not used in this instance b/c of Junket's body type. "Were you raised by gorillas" seemed more fitting. Caring.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280055 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, NARAL outgoing president Nancy Keenan is the one who said she is no longer helping the cause. SHE is the one who said the prochoice movement is in trouble because the younger generations are not motiviated for the prochoice movement....like they are for prolife cause.
It is Nancy Keenan who coined the term prochoice "Postmenopausal Militia" & how it is not effective in staying off millennial prolife energy & enthusiasm.
Don't shoot the messenger, dear. Go talk to to NARAL president Nancy Keenan. I was sharing HER thoughts.
Now, run along you little moron......
Whatever you say, dear, but please provide Keenan's quote. I Googled and Binged and can only find PL rags stating Keenan said it. No proof showing she said it. So... since you're fond of repeating it, show us exactly where Keenan said it. TIA

“Peace be with you”

our time is limited

#280056 Jan 26, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You PCers are very big on 'choice'. You defend the ideal that every woman should have the right to make any choice she wants and society has to live with/accept her choices.
In the PC mindset, a woman can never make a bad choice, she is just too intelligent and good to make a bad choice. Men on the other hand can and do make bad choices, the worst of them being rape.
Yet, couldn't rapists make a case, using the same belief system in the ideal of 'choice' that you PCers cherish, that they shouldn't be dissuaded from raping and/or being persecuted under the law for the choice they've made?
I'm sure you PCers will point out that rape is a terrible thing, but abortion is not, but I'm not agruing that point. I talking about your cherished ideal of 'choice' and how it is the most important thing in the world to you.
I believe that if you want to world to respect the ideal of 'choice', then you should be willing to accept everyone - not just women -- making their own choices in life, whether that choice is good or bad, and that nobody has a right to dissuade others from making choices.
Thus, using your belief system in 'choice', women should not try to dissuade or punish men for the choices they make in life, which among many things would include rape.
Women make as many, if not more, poor choices as men. How's your property doing these days, Mr. Head of the Household?

Sentient beings - they come with rights in this country. You really have the most bizarre arguments opposing legal abortion that I've ever come across.
Gtown71

United States

#280057 Jan 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Wow - it is very interesting how you bring up chick tracts.

Lets just say I know them all very well.

Anyone can get a box of all sold delivered to your home for under 20 bucks :)

“Peace be with you”

our time is limited

#280058 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Junket, you support handing down a death sentence to an innocent, defenseless preborn baby.
Were you raised by *gorillas?
_____
* Explanation: "Were you raised by monkeys" statement not used in this instance b/c of Junket's body type. "Were you raised by gorillas" seemed more fitting. Caring.
Puddles! You seem to have an inordinate amount of interest in my body. Ewwww. Please keep your fantasies private in the future. TIA
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#280059 Jan 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal attacks, ad homs, are weak. These only highlight your inability to go beyond dissecting into analyzing basic concepts and principles.
You asked a hypothetical. I answered it. I based my answer on the medical fact a stillborn is technically considered a fetus because it didn't take its first breath.
That's it. All the other info presented was to help others understand. You've chosen to go over this again and again. But you've added nothing. You still can't claim I am wrong, no matter how often or how loud or how rude your posts when you try.
Yes, medically, fetus adjusting to life outside the womb is a process. It encompasses the newborn's ability to sustain itself outside the womb.
Legally, that magical moment of fetus becoming newborn is upon a complete birth (when baby's breathing and the cord is cut).
It is that simple.
Katie, I provided hard facts to correct your errant post. I verified WHY you are wrong. After doing so, all you could say was "Redundant."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
______

You said this: "fetus adjusting to life outside the womb is a process" - Katie

I correclty responded: "medically and legally s/he is no longer at the fetal stage of human development. You realize this, which is why you can't share a link supporting your contention that s/he remains a fetus upon birth (for up to 48 hours)."

Your response?=> "Redundant"
______

You said the following inaccurate statements in your post above:

1) I based my answer on the medical fact a stillborn is technically considered a fetus because it didn't take its first breath.

2) You've chosen to go over this again and again. But you've added nothing. You still can't claim I am wrong.

3) Yes, medically, fetus adjusting to life outside the womb is a process.

4) Legally, that magical moment of fetus becoming newborn is upon a complete birth (when baby's breathing and the cord is cut).
It is that simple.

....I posted the Born Alive Infant Protection Act which negates each and every statement of yours. Yet, all you can say is => "Redundant".
_______

This time, dear, read the BAIPA so you don't continue reduntantly bloviating the same innaccurate information. You mades statements of fact, no opinion. Your facts are wrong...and here is why =>

"Born alive" or "live birth" means the complete expulsion or extraction of an infant from his or her mother, regardless of the state of gestational development, that, after expulsion or extraction, WHETHER OR NOT THE UMBILICAL CORD HAS BEEN CUT OR THE PLACENTA IS ATTACHED...

"Infant" means a child of the species homo sapiens that has been completely expulsed or extracted from its mother, regardless of the stage of gestational development, until the age of thirty (30) days post birth.

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words `person',`human being',`child', and `individual', shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.``(b) As used in this section, the term `born alive', with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ207/...

West Lafayette, IN

#280060 Jan 26, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
BraveCon to Junket: "You PCers are very big on 'choice'"

Actually, Junket abhors adoption. She's made that very clear in her posts, and is open about it.

If you read her posts, she's not real excited about babies, either. They use resourses.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#280061 Jan 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly wrong - as usual.
Moron.
Is abortion one of the choices you are for pregnant women having?

Yes or no?

“Peace be with you”

our time is limited

#280062 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
BraveCon to Junket: "You PCers are very big on 'choice'"
Actually, Junket abhors adoption. She's made that very clear in her posts, and is open about it.
If you read her posts, she's not real excited about babies, either. They use resourses.
Puddles! I don't abhor adoption. I also love babies and prefer to see them loved in return and not being viewed as vulture food. That's just me. You obviously don't care one bit about quality of life - which is likely why you have acclimated to your own dismal basement dwelling existence.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#280063 Jan 26, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is your definition of "convenience"? A woman struggling to make ends meet? Perhaps a woman that is emotionally ill equipped to mother a child? An at-risk pregnancy? So many reasons, none of which are my business or yours.
But, I do believe that you may be confusing "convenience" with "necessity" since it's not you in that position and (there is a God!), you never will be.
I don't see why you bother. He thinks staying alive is a pregnant woman's "convenience".
You can't win that argument.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#280064 Jan 26, 2013
Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not quite sure how to respond to that writer. I thought maybe he was writing some kind of poetry. I have to admit it's not to my liking.
Dear Pad,

I've noticed you've come in this thread looking to attack prolifers, while at the same time snuggle up to proaborts.

You wear a mask of a "prolifer," but your posts don't concur.

Have a nice weekend.

Love,

NR
STO

Vallejo, CA

#280065 Jan 26, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with PL standards. My posts speak to the PC standards, and what they claim, as opposed to what they do. Maybe you should pay better attention to what's said and why.
I never said either had a right to privacy, I said the PC camp keeps claiming "right to privacy", and don't allow Gerri hers. Even if she didn't legally have a right to privacy back then, why when PC claim it's a woman's right now, has that woman not been respected by PC to give her hers?
What her family wanted is not an answer. i'm talking about HER. She obviosuly wanted to keep her pregnancy and her abortion secret. How disrespectufl of those who claim they respect women and respect their right to privacy to exploit this woman's dead and naked body that way.
Your post is reasonable. However, the discussion was indeed regarding AC standards. You asserted that circulating GS's photo is degrading to her. PC then compared the use of her photo to the use of what ACers consider "dead babies", when AC put these photos on posters and display them on public streets. The comparison is that if using GS's photo is degrading to her, then to using the photos of what AC consider "dead babies" is equally degrading (by AC standards) and therefore a double standard.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280066 Jan 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, I provided hard facts to correct your errant post. I verified WHY you are wrong. After doing so, all you could say was "Redundant."
______
You said this: "fetus adjusting to life outside the womb is a process" - Katie
I correclty responded: "medically and legally s/he is no longer at the fetal stage of human development. You realize this, which is why you can't share a link supporting your contention that s/he remains a fetus upon birth (for up to 48 hours)."
Your response?=> "Redundant"
______
You said the following inaccurate statements in your post above:
1) I based my answer on the medical fact a stillborn is technically considered a fetus because it didn't take its first breath.
2) You've chosen to go over this again and again. But you've added nothing. You still can't claim I am wrong.
3) Yes, medically, fetus adjusting to life outside the womb is a process.
4) Legally, that magical moment of fetus becoming newborn is upon a complete birth (when baby's breathing and the cord is cut).
It is that simple.
....I posted the Born Alive Infant Protection Act which negates each and every statement of yours. Yet, all you can say is => "Redundant".
_______
This time, dear, read the BAIPA so you don't continue reduntantly bloviating the same innaccurate information. You mades statements of fact, no opinion. Your facts are wrong...and here is why =>
"Born alive" or "live birth" means the complete expulsion or extraction of an infant from his or her mother, regardless of the state of gestational development, that, after expulsion or extraction, WHETHER OR NOT THE UMBILICAL CORD HAS BEEN CUT OR THE PLACENTA IS ATTACHED...
"Infant" means a child of the species homo sapiens that has been completely expulsed or extracted from its mother, regardless of the stage of gestational development, until the age of thirty (30) days post birth.
In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words `person',`human being',`child', and `individual', shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.``(b) As used in this section, the term `born alive', with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from his or her mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after such expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut, and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean section, or induced abortion.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ207/...
Your response?=> "Redundant" "

Right because I am not calling newborn a fetus. Your lack of comprehension is not my issue or my problem. I will not indulge you any further. You make faulty claims based on your own lacking ability to read what others write.

Therefore, I will only respond with "whatever you say dear"... And pat you on the head for good measure.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#280067 Jan 26, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No fool, the woman is the one who says it.
My mom doesn't say it. She miscarried twice before she had my brother. She doesn't include the miscarriages as children she had. She wasn't a mother until she had my oldest brother -- the oldest sibling. She doesn't say the miscarriages are our siblings.

If you call your miscarriages "children" no one here will fault you for it, but you can't assume or assert every woman who has had a miscarriage feels the same way and claims they were children. No fault for them, either. Isn't that right? You wouldn't tell them they are the mothers of "dead children" when all of their children are alive and kicking. Or would you?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#280068 Jan 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>My mom didn't. She knew she didn't have any children that died. SHe miscarried, no child.
I have never met anyone that when asked "how many kids do you have" says: Oh I have two - rachel and charlie, then there's the george and ginger, the twins that died in the toilet."
Who knows. Maybe you DO say that Lynne.
Yeah. Maybe she does.

AC believe a miscarriage is a dead baby, so it stands to reason they believe a woman who has only miscarried, never able to gestate to to a live birth, is the mother of as many dead children as she had miscarriages.

Why won't they say so? 1. Cause they don't really believe the rhetoric. 2) Cause they don't really believe the rhetoric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Emeem 1,153,352
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) 2 hr susan 9
Meri chut her waqt geeli kyun rehti hai? 12 hr Aaria 1
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 21 hr Raptor in Michigan 120,226
gay in Towson Maryland 23 hr Kandin 8
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Jim Jones 19,549
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Tue jamielee 103
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST