Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,995
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#279463 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She directed you there to show you that illegal abortion does not equal a safe abortion. Which is what you claimed earlier today. That even if an illegal abortion, it'd be as safe as a legal one.
She showed you're incorrect. And you couldn't be bothered to read why. But you sure can and do jump to conclusions. How do you know if you're correctly discerning if you don't know what you're talking about?
Again why should I read it?
You seem to have read my post, and yet didn't interpet it correct.

I stated that if abortions were made illegal TODAY -NOW -AFTER 40 YEARS OF THEM MAKING TOOLS AND LEARNING THE EASIEST MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS OF ABORTION -that they would not have to go back to coathangers in a shady motel.

Illegal abortions are taken place today, the number we have only reflects those that are recorded.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#279464 Jan 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So, how's your job? Still giving "examinations" to kindergarteners? Or did you run out of candy?
<quoted text>
Hey Vlady I'm no gay priest. No candy, no9 kiddies.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#279465 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing, isn't it? He has no idea what he's talking about, but that doesn't stop him from spouting.
Stuck in the past, all of them, and immature. I'm a Massage anLicensed d Bodywork Therapist and Doula. A medical professional with a more extensive education in human anatomy and physiology than even a Nurse has, and as much about the human reproductive system. With my own business. Yet all they can think about is a "massage parlor", and a sexual aspect that doesn't exist in therapeutic massage. He's just a dirty minded little boy.
I give you massage and I am a also a Doula. I know more than nurses and some doctors. So if you want that nasty but holoe bl;eached I am the one for the job.

You were better when you gave your lame reasons for claiming to be prolife while defending the choice of abortion. Of course the fallback position for you prtoabortion oagans is to call someone a troll when they have you pegged. You could leave the Faith when you didn't get your way but you can't leave the truth. All the pixie dust and gay pagans in the world won't change that.

"Bodywork Therapist and Doula", ROFLMAO.......
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#279466 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oooo, now, you went and did it. By speaking with authority and pride about your occupation, you will begin accused of bragging and/or lying. Lol
"you will begin accused of bragging and/or lying"

What else is new. That is all she ever does, besides lie about abortion.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#279467 Jan 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's getting hot in here...
<quoted text>
Easy there Vlady, calm your sphincter. She isn't that kind of massage therapist. You better find your happy ending somewhere else.
Ocean56

AOL

#279470 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
As far as little girls being brainwashed into playing with baby dolls? I don't think so. They desire a baby doll. I never pushed baby dolls on my little girl, she wanted one. Like any normal little girl, she also has mentioned wanting a baby brother or sister, and yet we never taught her that either.
Granted her dolls would die if it was left up to her. Lol
Babies are alot of work.
I don't doubt, not one word of that ladies story, but again what life does she so greatly miss??
We all want to go back to the carefree days, but they are gone!
Her friends would've moved on baby or no baby.
Now please tell me this, since you would be the first to say how a girl should not be punished her whole life for getting pregnant.
Why should this lady be punished her whole life for having a baby and later regreting it.
Even her grades suffered? Yes I agree -my wife is not as "sharp " as she used to be.
She just finish teaching a pharmacy tech class, that should have been pretty easy for her, but s
It was much tougher on her.
Babies take -and a mother gives.
If this woman wants her life back, then she can still have it.
Sign away her rights, leave her man, and go back to how it was.
She would find it is just a dream.
She's upset that she sealed her fate at a young age to be a mother.
These are things "had she known " she would've never gotten pregnant.
No matter what she can't go back.
One day, when all the do my own thing, coffee shops and malls by day, and party like a rockstar by night, wears old. She will be glad she has a child.
The reason I posted the story of a woman who REGRETS being a mother was to challenge the FALSE assertion by anti-choicers that "mothers never regret having their children."

As the story by this woman clearly illustrates, that assertion is simply NOT TRUE. Women who are undecided about having children would probably find it very helpful to read this and other stories BEFORE they ever get married or get pregnant. NOT all girls/women are suited to motherhood, and if they read these stories and decide it is NOT for them, they have made the right decision. They don't need YOUR approval to make it either.
Ocean56

AOL

#279471 Jan 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
You really ARE a MORON.
Ocean is saying EXACTLY that you dolt.
lol Yep, and I just told him that one MORE time too, a few minutes ago. Maybe he'll get it this time, but at this point I rather doubt it.

Gtown still seems to have this archaic mindset that all women "should" want to be mothers, and if some women don't want motherhood at any time in their lives, there's something "wrong" with them. A ridiculous attitude, obviously, but that seems to be where his "thinking" is.
Ocean56

AOL

#279472 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
That sounds easy enough, but when a woman is pregnant sooner or later someone must realize that their are more involved the just the womans body. Not to mention that there is a man involved, who must wait and see what the woman chooses to do with "his " baby inside of her body.
Oh geez, THAT nonsense again. Sorry, dude (not really), but any man who has a problem with a woman aborting the product of his sperm needs to ask the question "what would you do if you got pregnant?" BEFORE he sleeps with a woman, not afterward.

If he can't be bothered to take this simple precautionary step BEFORE having sex with or beginning a relationship with a woman, then he has only HIMSELF to blame when this situation arises. You don't get to force a woman to gestate an unwanted pregnancy any more than you can force her to abort one. Whether YOU like it or not, it is still the WOMAN's decision, and her RIGHT to make it.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#279473 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It don't bother me, it is the fact that the only rights he brings up, and defends are those of his voter base.
If his voter base believes in such and such -well that is the way he is going to go.
At the same time, he and his railed mitt R for doing the same thing, when he was running for the great office of tbe president of the US
Your opinion is made up of pure fiction. If you think otherwise, please prove it.

Now, back your complaint: As long as people work toward taking away our rights, whatever rights they may be, you will have to hear about it, over and over, all of the time. You don't like it? Tough sh*t. I don't mind hearing people talk about their 2nd Amendment rights, all of the time. Why would I?

Atrisco Village

#279474 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again -No one forced the woman to seek an abortion in some shady motel.
If they did, it would've been considered murder.
God gave her free will to do as she pleased.
She chose to go to a motel and get an abortion.
Her choices led to her death.
Her death was very sad, but not the fault of those who are pro life.
Unless you think like you, then it is our fault.
In your mind it is always someone elses fault "and never think of accountability.
If a homeless guy freezes to death, becouse ge chooses to stay out and drink booze untill 2 am, when the shelter "thay he could have stayed in " locks the doors at 10 pm -who's fault is it?
The shelters?
The homeless mans?
Because abortion is no longer illegal and can be performed in a safe, surgical venue, as it should be, women can choose to have one without being at the high risk for death that the procedure carried before RvW.
Ocean56

AOL

#279475 Jan 24, 2013
Hey Gtown, here's ANOTHER story from a woman who seriously regrets becoming a mother. This is one more contradiction to the anti-choice "mothers never regret having their children" MYTH.

http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...

Gianna says: September 14, 2011 at 12:48 am

I love my son, but I hate being a mother. For me, motherhood has been a thankless, monotonous, exhausting, irritating, and oppressive job. I never wanted children, but I buckled into my husbandís desire to have a child and became pregnant at age 39. My husband has a romantic view of children and parenthood. He strongly believes that a life without children isnít fulfilling. I agreed to get pregnant after much debate and regarded the decision as a compromise to keep contentment in the marriage. I should have listened to my gut instincts because I am not well suited to parenthood. I never enjoyed spending time around kids or playing with kids. Children, especially the out of control varieties, irritate me. The well behaved children bore me to tears. Motherhood hasnít changed these feelings. Pregnancy was miserable and depressing. Motherhood feels like a prison sentence. I canít wait until I am paroled when my son turns 18 and hopefully goes far away to college. I am blessed with a supportive, loving husband. But despite his best intentions, most of the parenting and household responsibilities fall on my shoulders. I am currently searching for full time work and cannot wait to put my son in daycare or with a nanny. My husband wants me to be a stay at home mom until our son starts school, but I cannot tolerate another 2 years of a childcentric existence without becoming nuttier than a fruitcake. Motherhood seems to be causing my IQ to drop with rapid speed. I expect to become a drooling, blathering idiot if I donít return to the real world soon and get some of elements of my former life back. To make matters worse, my smothering in-laws, who pre-baby demanded tons of time and attention, have intensified the guilt trips to ďspend time togetherĒ ever sense the baby enter the picture. Weekly visits with the in laws have evolved into visits 4 or more times a week. MIL has tons of parenting expertise that I donít need or want to hear. She is spoiling my son with buying him crap on a daily basis that he doesnít need and uses it as an excuse to ďstop by and see the babyĒ. I recently returned a cartload of unnecessary crap to Toys R Us and Baby Gap and used the cash to buy two pairs of sexy boots and a bottle of perfume. This experience was the highlight of my year.

IMO women who are either undecided about having children or have made the decision to be childfree (no kids by choice) would benefit from reading stories like this one. Given the choices between childfree and unhappy motherhood, I think it's far better for a woman to be childfree rather than an unhappy mother.

Atrisco Village

#279476 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need more than 6 shots, you need more practice.
Apparently, the idiots that think they need a 30 round clip when they go hunting don't agree with you. What great sportsmen, eh?

Atrisco Village

#279477 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
that's twice you claimed not to've read something, but it hasn't stopped you from commenting on it. and that's just today. yesterday, i am thinking you did it, too.
what's up with that anyway? you got something to say about something you haven't even looked into yet?
hmmm
These hypocrites are trying to say that it's sooo "disrespectful" to show that picture as a graphic and stark testament to the pre-RvW years. Of course, marching around with posters of a dead fetus that they say is "a someone's precious baby" isn't disrespectful. Jeez, double standard, much?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279478 Jan 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, the idiots that think they need a 30 round clip when they go hunting don't agree with you. What great sportsmen, eh?
Don't get me started...
:p
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279479 Jan 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>These hypocrites are trying to say that it's sooo "disrespectful" to show that picture as a graphic and stark testament to the pre-RvW years. Of course, marching around with posters of a dead fetus that they say is "a someone's precious baby" isn't disrespectful. Jeez, double standard, much?
That is all they have; hypocrisy/double standards.

Gotta run, got the "white rabbit" syndrome going here.
:)

Atrisco Village

#279480 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She directed you there to show you that illegal abortion does not equal a safe abortion. Which is what you claimed earlier today. That even if an illegal abortion, it'd be as safe as a legal one.
She showed you're incorrect. And you couldn't be bothered to read why. But you sure can and do jump to conclusions. How do you know if you're correctly discerning if you don't know what you're talking about?
Thanks for pointing that out. That poster, along with Ink and a couple of others, regularly change the topic of the discussion whenever it's not going their way. Very shady of them.

Atrisco Village

#279481 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds easy enough, but when a woman is pregnant sooner or later someone must realize that their are more involved the just the womans body. Not to mention that there is a man involved, who must wait and see what the woman chooses to do with "his " baby inside of her body. Then you have many people who are being forced to chip in their money to support such things, so when all is taken into consideration, it involves much more then I'm a woman and it is my body.
Public money does not pay for abortion. You have been informed of that fact many times. Stop lying. As for your problem with the man not having a say in pregnancy, I don't know what you to do be done about that. She cannot be forced to stay pregnant because the man wants her to. It's simply impossible for him to carry the burden and the risk of pregnancy. Therefore, it's not for him to have the
final say.

Atrisco Village

#279482 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again why should I read it?
You seem to have read my post, and yet didn't interpet it correct.
I stated that if abortions were made illegal TODAY -NOW -AFTER 40 YEARS OF THEM MAKING TOOLS AND LEARNING THE EASIEST MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS OF ABORTION -that they would not have to go back to coathangers in a shady motel.
Illegal abortions are taken place today, the number we have only reflects those that are recorded.
Prove it. Seriously, prove what you seem to think are facts. Otherwise, you're just talking out your ass. And no biased resources, sonny boy.

Atrisco Village

#279483 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Yep, and I just told him that one MORE time too, a few minutes ago. Maybe he'll get it this time, but at this point I rather doubt it.
Gtown still seems to have this archaic mindset that all women "should" want to be mothers, and if some women don't want motherhood at any time in their lives, there's something "wrong" with them. A ridiculous attitude, obviously, but that seems to be where his "thinking" is.
The minute one starts using the word, "should," it's an indication that one is speaking philosophically and one is not speaking factually. It's basic English and Gtown71 doesn't get it.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#279484 Jan 24, 2013
Boy, national proabort leadership is worried about all of the state abortion restrictions being enacted. They're shaking in their cankles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min TSM 1,154,118
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 41 min Bently 19,559
Blind teens say ice rink denied them access (Aug '08) 8 hr R Walker 44
Working in America is on the Decline as America... 12 hr SnuffAGlobalist 4
Home-stay/host family in Baltimore * 20 hr Foal 1
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) 23 hr hounddogsniffin 4
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Dec 18 susan 9
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:05 pm PST