Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310344 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#279472 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
That sounds easy enough, but when a woman is pregnant sooner or later someone must realize that their are more involved the just the womans body. Not to mention that there is a man involved, who must wait and see what the woman chooses to do with "his " baby inside of her body.
Oh geez, THAT nonsense again. Sorry, dude (not really), but any man who has a problem with a woman aborting the product of his sperm needs to ask the question "what would you do if you got pregnant?" BEFORE he sleeps with a woman, not afterward.

If he can't be bothered to take this simple precautionary step BEFORE having sex with or beginning a relationship with a woman, then he has only HIMSELF to blame when this situation arises. You don't get to force a woman to gestate an unwanted pregnancy any more than you can force her to abort one. Whether YOU like it or not, it is still the WOMAN's decision, and her RIGHT to make it.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#279473 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It don't bother me, it is the fact that the only rights he brings up, and defends are those of his voter base.
If his voter base believes in such and such -well that is the way he is going to go.
At the same time, he and his railed mitt R for doing the same thing, when he was running for the great office of tbe president of the US
Your opinion is made up of pure fiction. If you think otherwise, please prove it.

Now, back your complaint: As long as people work toward taking away our rights, whatever rights they may be, you will have to hear about it, over and over, all of the time. You don't like it? Tough sh*t. I don't mind hearing people talk about their 2nd Amendment rights, all of the time. Why would I?

Atrisco Village

#279474 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again -No one forced the woman to seek an abortion in some shady motel.
If they did, it would've been considered murder.
God gave her free will to do as she pleased.
She chose to go to a motel and get an abortion.
Her choices led to her death.
Her death was very sad, but not the fault of those who are pro life.
Unless you think like you, then it is our fault.
In your mind it is always someone elses fault "and never think of accountability.
If a homeless guy freezes to death, becouse ge chooses to stay out and drink booze untill 2 am, when the shelter "thay he could have stayed in " locks the doors at 10 pm -who's fault is it?
The shelters?
The homeless mans?
Because abortion is no longer illegal and can be performed in a safe, surgical venue, as it should be, women can choose to have one without being at the high risk for death that the procedure carried before RvW.
Ocean56

AOL

#279475 Jan 24, 2013
Hey Gtown, here's ANOTHER story from a woman who seriously regrets becoming a mother. This is one more contradiction to the anti-choice "mothers never regret having their children" MYTH.

http://www.secret-confessions.com/hate/hate-b...

Gianna says: September 14, 2011 at 12:48 am

I love my son, but I hate being a mother. For me, motherhood has been a thankless, monotonous, exhausting, irritating, and oppressive job. I never wanted children, but I buckled into my husbandís desire to have a child and became pregnant at age 39. My husband has a romantic view of children and parenthood. He strongly believes that a life without children isnít fulfilling. I agreed to get pregnant after much debate and regarded the decision as a compromise to keep contentment in the marriage. I should have listened to my gut instincts because I am not well suited to parenthood. I never enjoyed spending time around kids or playing with kids. Children, especially the out of control varieties, irritate me. The well behaved children bore me to tears. Motherhood hasnít changed these feelings. Pregnancy was miserable and depressing. Motherhood feels like a prison sentence. I canít wait until I am paroled when my son turns 18 and hopefully goes far away to college. I am blessed with a supportive, loving husband. But despite his best intentions, most of the parenting and household responsibilities fall on my shoulders. I am currently searching for full time work and cannot wait to put my son in daycare or with a nanny. My husband wants me to be a stay at home mom until our son starts school, but I cannot tolerate another 2 years of a childcentric existence without becoming nuttier than a fruitcake. Motherhood seems to be causing my IQ to drop with rapid speed. I expect to become a drooling, blathering idiot if I donít return to the real world soon and get some of elements of my former life back. To make matters worse, my smothering in-laws, who pre-baby demanded tons of time and attention, have intensified the guilt trips to ďspend time togetherĒ ever sense the baby enter the picture. Weekly visits with the in laws have evolved into visits 4 or more times a week. MIL has tons of parenting expertise that I donít need or want to hear. She is spoiling my son with buying him crap on a daily basis that he doesnít need and uses it as an excuse to ďstop by and see the babyĒ. I recently returned a cartload of unnecessary crap to Toys R Us and Baby Gap and used the cash to buy two pairs of sexy boots and a bottle of perfume. This experience was the highlight of my year.

IMO women who are either undecided about having children or have made the decision to be childfree (no kids by choice) would benefit from reading stories like this one. Given the choices between childfree and unhappy motherhood, I think it's far better for a woman to be childfree rather than an unhappy mother.

Atrisco Village

#279476 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need more than 6 shots, you need more practice.
Apparently, the idiots that think they need a 30 round clip when they go hunting don't agree with you. What great sportsmen, eh?

Atrisco Village

#279477 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
that's twice you claimed not to've read something, but it hasn't stopped you from commenting on it. and that's just today. yesterday, i am thinking you did it, too.
what's up with that anyway? you got something to say about something you haven't even looked into yet?
hmmm
These hypocrites are trying to say that it's sooo "disrespectful" to show that picture as a graphic and stark testament to the pre-RvW years. Of course, marching around with posters of a dead fetus that they say is "a someone's precious baby" isn't disrespectful. Jeez, double standard, much?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279478 Jan 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, the idiots that think they need a 30 round clip when they go hunting don't agree with you. What great sportsmen, eh?
Don't get me started...
:p
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279479 Jan 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>These hypocrites are trying to say that it's sooo "disrespectful" to show that picture as a graphic and stark testament to the pre-RvW years. Of course, marching around with posters of a dead fetus that they say is "a someone's precious baby" isn't disrespectful. Jeez, double standard, much?
That is all they have; hypocrisy/double standards.

Gotta run, got the "white rabbit" syndrome going here.
:)

Atrisco Village

#279480 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She directed you there to show you that illegal abortion does not equal a safe abortion. Which is what you claimed earlier today. That even if an illegal abortion, it'd be as safe as a legal one.
She showed you're incorrect. And you couldn't be bothered to read why. But you sure can and do jump to conclusions. How do you know if you're correctly discerning if you don't know what you're talking about?
Thanks for pointing that out. That poster, along with Ink and a couple of others, regularly change the topic of the discussion whenever it's not going their way. Very shady of them.

Atrisco Village

#279481 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds easy enough, but when a woman is pregnant sooner or later someone must realize that their are more involved the just the womans body. Not to mention that there is a man involved, who must wait and see what the woman chooses to do with "his " baby inside of her body. Then you have many people who are being forced to chip in their money to support such things, so when all is taken into consideration, it involves much more then I'm a woman and it is my body.
Public money does not pay for abortion. You have been informed of that fact many times. Stop lying. As for your problem with the man not having a say in pregnancy, I don't know what you to do be done about that. She cannot be forced to stay pregnant because the man wants her to. It's simply impossible for him to carry the burden and the risk of pregnancy. Therefore, it's not for him to have the
final say.

Atrisco Village

#279482 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again why should I read it?
You seem to have read my post, and yet didn't interpet it correct.
I stated that if abortions were made illegal TODAY -NOW -AFTER 40 YEARS OF THEM MAKING TOOLS AND LEARNING THE EASIEST MOST EFFECTIVE WAYS OF ABORTION -that they would not have to go back to coathangers in a shady motel.
Illegal abortions are taken place today, the number we have only reflects those that are recorded.
Prove it. Seriously, prove what you seem to think are facts. Otherwise, you're just talking out your ass. And no biased resources, sonny boy.

Atrisco Village

#279483 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Yep, and I just told him that one MORE time too, a few minutes ago. Maybe he'll get it this time, but at this point I rather doubt it.
Gtown still seems to have this archaic mindset that all women "should" want to be mothers, and if some women don't want motherhood at any time in their lives, there's something "wrong" with them. A ridiculous attitude, obviously, but that seems to be where his "thinking" is.
The minute one starts using the word, "should," it's an indication that one is speaking philosophically and one is not speaking factually. It's basic English and Gtown71 doesn't get it.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#279484 Jan 24, 2013
Boy, national proabort leadership is worried about all of the state abortion restrictions being enacted. They're shaking in their cankles.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#279485 Jan 24, 2013
Try this one, then:
http://coloradoindependent.com/126808/in-malp...

Go ahead, start making lame excuses...
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, a made up story from a commie rag.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#279486 Jan 24, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You'e an idiot to use that example of a woman who died from an illegal abortion pre-RvW.
That photo and her story does nothing but degrade her and show exactly what choices led her to that final decision, and it had NOTHING to do with whether or not abortion was legal.
According to her family who put the picture and her story out there, you're wrong. Take it up with them.

ANd certainly DID have to do with abortion being legal.

You're wrong about pretty much everything as usual Lynniekins.

Indianapolis

#279490 Jan 24, 2013
Reminds me of a quote from "the league of extraordinary gentlemen":

Allan Quatermain: Automatic rifles. Who in God's name has automatic rifles?
Elderly Hunter: Dashed unsporting. Probably Belgian.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need more than 6 shots, you need more practice.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279491 Jan 24, 2013
Tondaleyo wrote:
Whatever it is will not deflect from the fact that the RCC, through it's attorney defending a Catholic hospital, run BY the RCC, supposedly ON RCC teaching, has declared that a fetus "is not a person with legal rights". Apparently your church's "morality" is dependent upon how much money it will cost them.

They have no business pretending to be some kind of moral authority over anyone.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#279492 Jan 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to her family who put the picture and her story out there, you're wrong. Take it up with them.
ANd certainly DID have to do with abortion being legal.
You're wrong about pretty much everything as usual Lynniekins.
FooManSpew, you can now go to the front lines of military combat! Go for it!

Indianapolis

#279493 Jan 24, 2013
Very few abortions are paid for with public funds, and most of those are therapeutic, not elective. On th other hand, we are paying a helluva lot more for kids born to those who can't afford them.

BTW--the woman doesn't have to tell anyone she is pregnant, aside from the medical staff she deals with.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds easy enough, but when a woman is pregnant sooner or later someone must realize that their are more involved the just the womans body. Not to mention that there is a man involved, who must wait and see what the woman chooses to do with "his " baby inside of her body. Then you have many people who are being forced to chip in their money to support such things, so when all is taken into consideration, it involves much more then I'm a woman and it is my body.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#279494 Jan 24, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
What happened to Gerri Santoro is tragic and sad. No one would dispute that. Was it because legal abortion wasn't available to her. Absolutely not. It was because she feared for her life if her husband found out she was pregnant by another man. That woman needed protection from her husband for herself and her children, NOT an abortion.
Had she been protected, she likely would not have made the choice to abort.
Using a photo of her NAKED, DEAD body with ass in the air for all to see, to try to support any argument about abortion needing to remain legal is just an example of exploitation of a woman who obviosuly did not give her permission to be displayed that way.
Right, now where is your disdain for the youtube videos of bloody, dismembered fetus's that are miscarried and removed from the uterus via a D&C.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Kevin 1,263,877
News Martin O'Malley Calls For Racial Bias Training ... 59 min reality is a crutch 1
News Politicians stumble on #blacklivesmatter 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News Man shot in northwest Baltimore dies 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
The War on Police Has Consequences in Baltimore 18 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... Thu Poo-Bear 638
News Presidential Candidates Who Ignore Race Are Mak... Thu reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages