Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#279363 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So why was that seen as the "most constitutional solution"?
Yes folks, Inky really IS this stupid.

Location hidden

#279364 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it was the middle ground between the state's, and the individual's rights based upon the Constitution.
You're not very bright, are you?
I should have read ahead. I dont understand her insistance on making herself look dumb as dirt.

Location hidden

#279365 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes women sometimes miscarry ,and yes they tell the doctor I think I passed "it " or I passed a wade of???.
**sighs** Want to try that one again in ENGLISH this time Sparky?

@@
My point is, it is still a baby no matter what it is called.
No actually, it is not. Its an embryo, a zygote or a fetus.
Left alone chances are the human baby will grow and grow.
Human babies are not miscarried, they are born. Embryo's, zyogtes or fetus's can be miscarried, and they ain't growing.
My main point is planned parenthood -don't plan ANYTHING but the death of the wade, fetus, baby,????.
WTF is a "wade"???

And you're wrong, as usual. PP certainly DOES help people PLAN their pregnancies, as well as helping them AVOID pregnancies.

You seem to forget that ONLY THREE PERCENT of what they do is abortions.

You're an idiot.

Location hidden

#279366 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean anything since each child's viability is different. Does it even make a difference to you whether a child is aborted before or after viability or even slightly after birth?
If it does, why?
CHildren that are BORN, aren't aborted you moron.

G-d DAMN. We' need an idiot whisperer here for Inkstain and her ilk.

Location hidden

#279367 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you can show documents that make that case. Because if you can't then you are just blowing smoke.
Try READING RvW you IDIOT. THey actually explain it.

If you dont understand after reading it, you're too stupid to be part of this discussion.

Location hidden

#279368 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they do. In many states you can not have an abortion on demand.
Actually, in EVERY state you CAN have an abortion on demand before a certain period.

Yeah yeah, we know Inkstain, you dont understand why certain states restrict it.

You dont understand because you're DELIBERATELY stupid, and incapable of anything resembling intellectual honesty.

Location hidden

#279369 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you've never read the decision, and the reasoning behind it, why are you attempting to debate it?
I should have read ahead. Again. LOL
Gtown71

United States

#279370 Jan 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, that is NONSENSE. I went to Planned Parenthood quite often when I was 18+ and had just moved to a big city. I knew that if I chose to have sex at some point, I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, so I needed reliable contraception to PREVENT that unwanted outcome. They charged very LITTLE money for that contraception, and I was very grateful to get it. I would have had to pay MORE anywhere else.
The Planned Parenthood facility I went to was terrific. The medical staff were very knowledgable and helpful, they answered all my questions on preventing unwanted pregnancy and STD's, and finally set me up with the contraception that I felt would work best for me. Thanks to Planned Parenthood and its wonderful staff, I never got pregnant before the time when I WANTED to become a mother, which wasn't until my 30's. I never got a sexually transmitted disease either. I went OFF birth control when I decided I was ready for the responsibility.
I strongly suggest that teens avoid all types of sexual activity with partners while in middle or high school because even WITH the use of birth control and condoms, unwanted pregnancy is still a possibility. Must protection always be used if for any reason a teen girl or guy decides to have sex? ABSOLUTELY, and EVERY time too. Is that protection a GUARANTEE a girl will never get pregnant? Absolutely NOT. All birth control methods can and do fail occasionally. When BC fails and a pregnancy results, it is still the girl's/woman's decision whether to continue it or not.
It seems you had what many many many young women doesn't have.

It could be that it is just built in you, or it may be one of many factors. The home someone grows up in has alot to do with how they behave. It also has alot to do with many things. When I say pp does nothing but kill, what I'm refering to is "what I believe " the fact that pp never encourages a young woman to keep her child. I feel when a girl goes to pp, they are met with the same advice you give, all negative. For pp to council girls on family planning AND ALSO be an abortion provider, it is a conflict of interest.

It would be the same if the government sent me checks, so that I could give free advice on how they can better insulate their home, and it just so happens that I sell insulation, windows, siding, and other things that would "help " them.

Would I ever tell them their home is ok? When new products could always be alittle better.

I believe in a strong clear message to young girls, since we live in a world that lets young gitls date at 12 years old, and up -when what is the main point in dating,?

There are many things a girl could do, that would hurt her chances at a normal life. Getting pregnant is one of them.

Now instead of other girls seeing those girls and their struggles, all young women have in the back of their mind -that no matter what I do,there is a solution.

If anything the legalizing of abortion, just gives the green light for risky behaviors.
I believe I can prove that to be a fact, when you look at how many very young people who are sexualy active compared with how many were before roe v wade.

Location hidden

#279371 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes women sometimes miscarry ,and yes they tell the doctor I think I passed "it " or I passed a wade of???.......

My main point is planned parenthood -don't plan ANYTHING but the death of the wade,.......
I deleted all the bullshit .... well because it IS bullshit.

But I'm curious. You've said this word many times now.

What is it you think a "WADE" is?

Location hidden

#279372 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact that pp never encourages a young woman to keep her child.
]

You're lying. As usual.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...

I feel when a girl goes to pp, they are met with the same advice you give, all negative.
ROFLMAO Yet you dont know SHIT about Planned Parenthood, other than what you've read on your anti-choice bullshit religious websites.

You have done not one IOTA of intependent research.

And you wont. Because your religous views wont allow you to come to ANY conclusions other than the ones spelled out FOR you BY those religous sites.
For pp to council girls on family planning AND ALSO be an abortion provider, it is a conflict of interest.
ROFLMAO!! What COMPLETE garbage! Of course its not a conflict of interest you MORON!

Planned Parenthood is a HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. Its what they do!
It would be the same if the government sent me checks, so that I could give free advice on how they can better insulate their home, and it just so happens that I sell insulation, windows, siding, and other things that would "help " them.
Would I ever tell them their home is ok? When new products could always be alittle better.
If you were honest you would. I had a furnace guy out the other day to give me a price on a new furnace. He told me dont do it right now, because there's nothing wrong with my furnace that a little TLC couldn't fix.

He earned my business when I DO decide to change over in the future.
I believe ......... bullshit delted for redundant crap....
You believe a lot with little or no basis in REALITY.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#279373 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't mean anything since each child's viability is different. Does it even make a difference to you whether a child is aborted before or after viability or even slightly after birth?
If it does, why?
Ink there is no such thing as abortion after birth.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#279374 Jan 23, 2013
Johnnycakes is full of feces for jesus, lying to support his feeble opinion.
Gtown71

United States

#279375 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"There are illegal abortions happening now, and are just as safe as the legal ones."
What does this mean?
It just means that even if abortion was made illegal, there would still be abortions, and just as safe as the legal ones are now.

You cannot legislate morality.
People smoke dope.
Even though it is illegal "in most states "
People murder other people even though it is illegal

We should not make things legal, just becouse others do it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#279376 Jan 23, 2013
Prove it ever happened; the only place it is mentioned is in the bible.
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us who was the man who ordered the slaughter of the males from infant to two then. LOL, Your hilarious.I put my trust in God, not you.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#279377 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It just means that even if abortion was made illegal, there would still be abortions, and just as safe as the legal ones are now.
People smoke dope.
In this country, abortion is legal because the Constitution demands it. It's that pesky right to privacy thingy you hate so much, dear:-\
Yum
#279378 Jan 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
Johnnycakes is full of feces for jesus, lying to support his feeble opinion.

Johnnycakes is full of you ? Oooo-gah !!!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#279379 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
People smoke dope.
Why should marijuana be illegal?

Do you think execution is murder?

Is gambling immoral?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#279380 Jan 23, 2013
"someoneuknow"
Hey dumbfk your a pagan along with your smelly crotched bitner. Your wrong about everything, both of you so stfu.

i'm not a pagan,nor do i have/need an imaginary friend...and you appear to be wrong about the words your and you're ie "you're a booger eating moron" or "you like eating your boogers" see how the words sound a like,but are not the same, you may have been home schooled...i bet sex ed was a strange class for you,but then maybe not

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#279381 Jan 23, 2013
here something for the fundies http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/23/1181...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279382 Jan 23, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
here something for the fundies http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/23/1181...
Well, there you have it. According to the Catholic Church, a fetus is not a person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Bluestater 1,249,910
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr UnderstandPeople 20,032
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) 6 hr tom wingo 48
News Baltimore closing in on 140 homicides 8 hr John 4
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) 14 hr McVeigh 44
Baltimore out of matches. 14 hr George 1
Similarities in a van between Freddie Gray and ... 14 hr Reader 2
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages