Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312838 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278650 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you asked if there was a difference between two specific acts; dying and killing.
You haven't answered my questions on the subject. I'll try again.
Do you not see a difference between
"I am dying"
and
"I am killing"?
Try using the context of the origional posts. They died or they were killed. Is there a difference?
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278651 Jan 21, 2013
And with that, I need to get some sleep. Gotta work tonight. Have a good day all.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278652 Jan 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No. Once the infant has exited the woman's body, it has the status of a person and a citizen, with rights of one.
If a woman gives birth,the cord is still attached(still part of moms body),is that considered an infant or fetus? What about if it dies. An infant or still a fetus?

STILL attached to moms body-100%. No breath taken.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278653 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Yep. The baby is still part of the womans body,so she should(according to their logic)have the right to kill or not.
According to Katie,it is still a fetus.
You purposely lie when you leave off the qualifier I used to answer a hypothetical question of when fetus becomes baby. My answer was "technically a fetus until cord is cut." The word "technically" is called a qualifier.

Not that this is my personal opinion, which you should have figured out long ago, and stopped trying to imply as if it were my opinion. If you haven't figured this out yet, you've no one to blame but yourself.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278654 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Which was addressing that post.
Not the way you worded it, it wasn't. That was my point.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278655 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Neither are criminal acts Sassy. You can relate it all you want to but neither are killing as in murder, murder as in a criminal act.
Murder is a legal term for killing. If not legal,then it is just plain old killing.

What do you mean that "neither are criminal acts"?

If I kill someone,I am not a criminal?

Question: Caylee Anthony was killed years ago. NOBODY was charged with murder. Therefore,as of now,and perhaps forever,nobody has been CHARGED with her murder. She was killed,buried and life goes on. If nobody ever gets charged with her murder,was a criminal act still committed? Or does one NEED the title "murderer" to validate her killing?

Dead is dead I guess?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278656 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Try using the context of the origional posts. They died or they were killed. Is there a difference?
But your question was not between "dying" and "killED". It was about "dying" and "killING".

Is there some reason you won't answer the questions I asked?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278657 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
The conversation began with comparing God to an abortionist which would mean that all zefs are killed.
All zefs are killed weather it's spontaneous abortion or not.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278658 Jan 21, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
A total ban on guns is unlikely. A total ban on alcohol didn't work. A total ban on abortion wouldn't work either for the same reason.
There are laws and restrictions on all of the above. The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased. The gestational week a woman can legally abort without citing a reason is also restricted.
What the world needs now is pride in personal responsibility.
"""The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased""" "

False.

Interesting that you compare abortion to guns and alcohol restrictions.

Chicky said "there is nothing wrong with abortion" so why are people interested in/agree with restrictions?

That makes them anti-choice to RESTRICT her rights. To FORCE her to gestate against her will. To penalize her for finding out that she was pregnant after the restrictions.

Welcome to our prolife world where we DO want her to give life and to prevent her from chosing death for her child.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278659 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You purposely lie when you leave off the qualifier I used to answer a hypothetical question of when fetus becomes baby. My answer was "technically a fetus until cord is cut." The word "technically" is called a qualifier.
Not that this is my personal opinion, which you should have figured out long ago, and stopped trying to imply as if it were my opinion. If you haven't figured this out yet, you've no one to blame but yourself.
Elise called a delivered,still attached fetus,an infant. Do you agree? Do you think that "technically" it is still a fetus?

What do you mean that "not that this is my personal opinion"? You answered that "technically a fetus until the cord is cut". According to whom?

Which is it? a fetus or infant?

If *it* dies before the cord is cut,and STILL attached to moms body via the cord,is it considered a stillborn ?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278660 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>All zefs are killed weather it's spontaneous abortion or not.
Dying naturally is not being "killed". A spontaneous abortion is not the same as an elective abortion.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278661 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me? I took what Ocean said to him and repeated it back to her. I guess Ocean is not a b*tch when SHE said that to him,huh?
You're a joke Katie.
I have no problem with Oceans view of teens abstaining from sex. Where have I ever critized for that? Stop making stuff up okay?
I agree with alot of her posts regarding the reasons WHY to prevent teen motherhood,but I do disagree with her exxagerating of it.
btw...she is not just talking about teens. She is including just motherhood in general. Again,most of it is exxagerating. She also takes worst case scenerio's including her own miserable experiences and acts like it counts for ALL pregnancies and mothering experiences. She said her pregnancy SUCKED. Mine didn't. So,she should act like ALL pregnancy/mothering is a negative experience.
In fact,she even posted 1,000 reasons why not to become a mother.
Helloooooo....there proves my point that she is anti-motherhood in general. It's quite obvious Katie,and you know it. She is SO freakin happy to be pregnancy free for 20 plus years. GOOD FOR HER.
You say all the above pretending Ocean doesn't have a son whom she loves. You throw criticism at me while you're at it. I'm not the one's who's a mess here, princess.

Honesty is a good thing. You should try it first in your thinking then in your writing. You may even see some improvement. Then the rest of us will, too.

Location hidden

#278663 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What does this have to do with what I said?.
Proaborts on here agree that the fetus is killed during an abortion.
WHO is killing her fetus?
WHO hired that person to kill her fetus?
WHO is paying that person to kill?
If a killing takes place and the proaborts agree to that,they why are they afraid to call the Dr a killer...and the mother who WANTS her baby killed,the killer?
See that f i n e line there?
Guilt.
As far as your above questions? Abortion/killing is legal. Just like the death penalty kind of killing is legal. People fight AGAINST those kind of killings to change the law.
Why do Catholics avoid referring to priests as homosexuals when they molest little boys? It's all in the context Sassy.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278664 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>All zefs are killed weather it's spontaneous abortion or not.
Exactly. Basic concept regarding nonexistent differences between spontaneous and induced abortion. Whether it's God and the body doing the killing OR a medical procedure and the mind doing it. Pregnancy is rejected.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#278665 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
The conversation began with comparing God to an abortionist which would mean that all zefs are killed.
Since 1 in 4 pregnant women miscarry, you should be unhappy with your super special God for ending a life.

Location hidden

#278666 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> """The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased""" "
False.
Interesting that you compare abortion to guns and alcohol restrictions.
Chicky said "there is nothing wrong with abortion" so why are people interested in/agree with restrictions?
That makes them anti-choice to RESTRICT her rights. To FORCE her to gestate against her will. To penalize her for finding out that she was pregnant after the restrictions.
Welcome to our prolife world where we DO want her to give life and to prevent her from chosing death for her child.
Who is legislating these restrictive laws? Anti Choice or Pro Life?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278667 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Elise called a delivered,still attached fetus,an infant. Do you agree? Do you think that "technically" it is still a fetus?
Is this a hypothetical question of when fetus magically becomes baby or is this a question regarding my personal opinion of when fetus becomes baby?

If it's regarding my personal opinion, I answered that one already. I said my personal opinion is it's a baby once viable, in the womb, and will probably survive outside the womb, on its own.
What do you mean that "not that this is my personal opinion"? You answered that "technically a fetus until the cord is cut". According to whom?
My personal opinion according to me. To whom else would it be according?
Which is it? a fetus or infant?
If *it* dies before the cord is cut,and STILL attached to moms body via the cord,is it considered a stillborn ?
It's technically considered a stillborn if it hasn't taken its first breath. Here, you are also trying to combine two different concepts into one.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278668 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You say all the above pretending Ocean doesn't have a son whom she loves. You throw criticism at me while you're at it. I'm not the one's who's a mess here, princess.
Honesty is a good thing. You should try it first in your thinking then in your writing. You may even see some improvement. Then the rest of us will, too.
Do you know Ocean IRL? So,you know that she loves her son? So,you know that she doesn't regret having him? Who would really know that?

Doesn't matter anyway. I am not talking about whether or not she does or doesn't. I am not pretending anything. I am going by what SHE posts. She posted that the other poster whinnes and b*tches about having to do housework because that is how she interprets his posts(I didn't see that at all). But,what I have for fact,IS her spamming posts b*tching and complaining ENDLESS(on this forum and other forums as well)about the NEGATIVES of pregnancy and motherhood. She even posted 1,000 reasons(article)about why NOT to have children.

Yeah,Katie.....she doesn't like pregnancy OR motherhood. Stop pretending.

It's like a person who b*tches and moans about marriage. The HATE being married. Does that necessarily mean they "hate" their spouse? No. Maybe yes. Just the same,the negative attention ON marriage is a reflection of that persons experience.

Is there truth IN that spamming? Sure. No different than marriage or ones job. But,there ARE the joys,and positive that go with it...which OUTWEIGH the negative.

FTR,most of oceans spamming is not common or shared by most mothers. So,her worst case scenerio's are meant for her own agenda.

AGAIN...she is HAPPY TO BE PREGNANCY FREE FOR OVER 20 PLUS YEARS. PREGNANCY SUCKS is her every day message.

Speaks volumes.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278669 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Who is legislating these restrictive laws? Anti Choice or Pro Life?
Not the point. My point is that the ones who call themselves PRO-CHOICE are not really pro-choice. They are ANTI-CHOICE/prolife after a certain point. They agree with restrictions. They want to FORCE a woman to gestate(as they say to us prolifers). It's is the truth,they do. Which is a Total contradiction.

Of course the prolifers/anti-choice to kill people will take what they can to save a life. If it is protection AFTER viability,then for now,that's a good thing.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278670 Jan 21, 2013
chickyisnotbrilliant wrote:
<quoted text>The zef is still a human being created in God's Image, still has DNA separate from his or her parents. One day someone will say your seventy, time to die, your life isn't worth anything anymore, your not productive so line up and get your shot .
Why do the majority of you waste time contemplating these far-fetched ideas? If civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy remain the same when I'm 70, I will decide for myself if it's time to die or not based on my quality of life. Nobody else will legally be able to do this for me except my loved one with a durable POA. And they will be acting on my behalf as my surrogate if I am unable to act for myself.

You guys have a knack of complicating and convoluting basic ideas and concepts. All while overlooking the simplicity of it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min ritedownthemiddle 1,459,868
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 13 hr IB DaMann 7,947
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Proud American 20,707
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Wed Baltimore drop off 1
News Businesses hurt amid fear of immigration crackdown (Jan '16) Dec 4 Well Well 19
WHITE STUFF comes out when I RUB MY WEENIE, WHY??? Dec 4 Philbert 4
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) Dec 3 Squach 1,168

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages