Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313211 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Seattle, WA

#278630 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When my daughter was born she was still part of my wifes body, and the doctor asked if I wanted to cut the cord.
What if before the cord is cut she changed her mind about motherhood?
Plus the doctor never asked her if she wanted the cord cut.
There may come a day when women can choose the fate of their baby up till the cord is cut, while the baby is still part of the womans body.
Only if the concept of being viable is left out of the law.

Why do you guys bother wasting your time thinking of such nonsense? We've long since moved on from leaving imperfect newborns to the elements. Yet a majority of you act as if that's what is going on or what will go on if abortion remains legal. Ridiculous, imo.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#278631 Jan 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What do you have against coffee shops?
I think he has a dim view of life if he thinks that's all childless people do with their time.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278632 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> She asked you what you are going to do about it and you answered "why".
I don't care if you own a gun or not. Your fellow proaborts (like chicky,foo and others)are trying to take your rights away. You have not even once argued against that.
COWARD.
Fight for your rights,isn't that why you're here now?
No. It's not. I'm here, as I've told you many times, to counter the lies you people spout about reproductive choice. I fight for my rights where it does the most good, which is not on an internet forum.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278633 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>In what context of the words? Evidently you mean dying as in natural death and killing as in murder. Of course there is a difference in this context. But killing isn't always murder and killing isn't always unlawful. Smoking is killing ppl of smoking related diseases, but cancer is a natural death even tho cigarettes kill ppl. In this context there is no difference. So do you see the confusion? State what you mean, which is a miscarriage is a natural death and abortion is murder. Don't play with words.
Bitner and Katie are playing with words, or more accuratly changing my words. I asked if there was a difference between two specific words.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278634 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Do you fight to ban alcohol. Yes or no?
No hon, and I don't fight to ban guns either. So your favorite pastimes are safe from me.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278635 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prevent trying to provoke by being a b*tch, can you? You got nothing but criticism for someone who actually agrees with you regarding teens abstaining from sex. Unbelievable! But not surprising.
Excuse me? I took what Ocean said to him and repeated it back to her. I guess Ocean is not a b*tch when SHE said that to him,huh?

You're a joke Katie.

I have no problem with Oceans view of teens abstaining from sex. Where have I ever critized for that? Stop making stuff up okay?

I agree with alot of her posts regarding the reasons WHY to prevent teen motherhood,but I do disagree with her exxagerating of it.

btw...she is not just talking about teens. She is including just motherhood in general. Again,most of it is exxagerating. She also takes worst case scenerio's including her own miserable experiences and acts like it counts for ALL pregnancies and mothering experiences. She said her pregnancy SUCKED. Mine didn't. So,she should act like ALL pregnancy/mothering is a negative experience.

In fact,she even posted 1,000 reasons why not to become a mother.

Helloooooo....there proves my point that she is anti-motherhood in general. It's quite obvious Katie,and you know it. She is SO freakin happy to be pregnancy free for 20 plus years. GOOD FOR HER.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278636 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Pretty much what i said.
Did she die of cancer, or did cancer kill her?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278637 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Do you fight to ban alcohol. Yes or no?
So what kind of gun would Jesus prefer? You didn't answer my question.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278638 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Katie was addressing dying naturally vs being killed,"
There was nothing about dying naturally in the origional post that I addressed.
Again, I wasn't addressing that post, but yours.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278639 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"There IS a difference between dying and killing, which was your question originally."
Thank you for finally answering my origional question.
"Finally"? Given that I'd already answered it, at least twice, but likely three times, you've just proven that you don't understand what you read.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278640 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>In what context of the words? Evidently you mean dying as in natural death and killing as in murder. Of course there is a difference in this context. But killing isn't always murder and killing isn't always unlawful. Smoking is killing ppl of smoking related diseases, but cancer is a natural death even tho cigarettes kill ppl. In this context there is no difference. So do you see the confusion? State what you mean, which is a miscarriage is a natural death and abortion is murder. Don't play with words.
Which is why I told her the original question was stupid, and didn't address what she really meant, which was a difference between dying naturally and being killed.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#278641 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When my daughter was born she was still part of my wifes body, and the doctor asked if I wanted to cut the cord.
What if before the cord is cut she changed her mind about motherhood?
Plus the doctor never asked her if she wanted the cord cut.
There may come a day when women can choose the fate of their baby up till the cord is cut, while the baby is still part of the womans body.
No. Once the infant has exited the woman's body, it has the status of a person and a citizen, with rights of one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278642 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner and Katie are playing with words, or more accuratly changing my words. I asked if there was a difference between two specific words.
No, you asked if there was a difference between two specific acts; dying and killing.

You haven't answered my questions on the subject. I'll try again.

Do you not see a difference between

"I am dying"

and

"I am killing"?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278643 Jan 21, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you really feel that way, then why can't the PLM decide how a woman should be prosecuted and sentenced for hiring someone to kill her child? It's premeditated, is it not Sassy? And since someone was hired to do the killing, that makes it an execution type murder. In this country you get locked up for life or sentenced to death. So, what to do?
What does this have to do with what I said?.

Proaborts on here agree that the fetus is killed during an abortion.

WHO is killing her fetus?

WHO hired that person to kill her fetus?

WHO is paying that person to kill?

If a killing takes place and the proaborts agree to that,they why are they afraid to call the Dr a killer...and the mother who WANTS her baby killed,the killer?

See that f i n e line there?

Guilt.

As far as your above questions? Abortion/killing is legal. Just like the death penalty kind of killing is legal. People fight AGAINST those kind of killings to change the law.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278644 Jan 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what kind of gun would Jesus prefer? You didn't answer my question.
What?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278645 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> Killing as in A HUMAN doing the killing(relating it to abortion vs miscarriage).
Neither are criminal acts Sassy. You can relate it all you want to but neither are killing as in murder, murder as in a criminal act.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278646 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I wasn't addressing that post, but yours.
Which was addressing that post.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278647 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I told her the original question was stupid, and didn't address what she really meant, which was a difference between dying naturally and being killed.
I origionally asked exactly what I meant to ask. You were the one who changed the words.
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278648 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No hon, and I don't fight to ban guns either. So your favorite pastimes are safe from me.
Not my favorite pastimes.

I just wonder why those who own guns,belong to the NRA or consume alcohol don't speak up against those who claim GUNS KILL PEOPLE or ALCOHOL KILLS PEOPLE(during drunk driving accidents).

There are those who are trying to take our rights away.

I guess ONLY if it is abortion,then people are interested to debate or fight. Even call people CONTROL FREAKS who want to take their rights away.

“Clever words”

Since: Sep 09

constellate

#278649 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't fight to ban anything...including guns. If I've written any post stating I want guns banned please show it, k'thanks.
A total ban on guns is unlikely. A total ban on alcohol didn't work. A total ban on abortion wouldn't work either for the same reason.

There are laws and restrictions on all of the above. The number of drunk driving fatalities has steadily decreased. The gestational week a woman can legally abort without citing a reason is also restricted.

What the world needs now is pride in personal responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Realtime 1,482,752
News Faces Drug Charges (Aug '08) 2 hr Mt Vernon Rd resi... 15
News Baltimore shootings up 30 percent compared to t... 12 hr red dawn 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Well Well 20,775
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Thu truth 7,994
Mosby Jan 18 Johnathan T 4
News DUI Defendant Drinks 12-Pack at Court - (Oct '07) Jan 17 Dudley 47

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages