Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317435 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278551 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as people who are against guns are free to work to change the gun laws, people who are against abortion are free to work to change the abortion laws. Isn't this a GREAT country?
Abortion laws have been being changed. They get more restrictive, safe abortions get less accessible. But that's fine, we have to accept that being the great nation that we are because when my right to bodily autonomy is restricted, your right to bodily autonomy is restricted. When my right to own a gun is restricted, so is your right to own a gun. Same goes for freedom of speech, and any other Constitutional right. Some of these ppl on here act like the only ppl effected by changes in Constitutional rights are the ppl who toot their horns the loudest about them. Every one is effected. Future generations are effected.
You don't have to be pro choice or a gun rights activist to be effected by restrictive laws/changes to the Constitution. It effects every one. So when those of us raise a little fuss about it, it's not just because rights are given and rights are taken away from us, it's because rights are taken away from every U.S citizen.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#278552 Jan 21, 2013
Didn't you get the memo? There is no difference between killing and dying because the end result is that they are dead.

"There is no difference to Gramma. She's dead.

The difference is how the people who love her respond to her death. The difference is with the living"

Katie post #278541 39 min ago
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278553 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no difference to Gramma. She's dead.
The difference is how the people who love her respond to her death. The difference is with the living.
Just like abortion. The ZEF is dead whether induced or spontaneous. Ninety-eight percent of these induced dead ZEFs are the size of a Tic Tac. Seriously. It is not the newborn you imagine.
Again, the difference lies within the living's perception of the death. The dead are dead.
If you're going to have an eye-opener, let's hope it's based on reality, not your imagination.
What? "There is no difference to Gramma.She's dead"""" "

Well,it most certainly made a difference how she died. Natural causes or being shot in the head. I'm SURE Gramma,you or I would CARE if we die of natural causes or being killed.

Do you think that the parents of those children who died in CT aren't living with the reality of HOW their children died ALONG with the fact that their child is just deceased? In other words,what is worse to you...a child who dies in their sleep of some illness or one that gets blasted in the head/body with a guy by some madmen?

How about size. What is worse to you....a one year old being killed or a 7 foot grown man? You seem to think that being small or immature makes ones death via killing seem less.

Katie,you are being more and more unstable by the day. You seriously need to seek proffessional help.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278554 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked if they equated dying and killing. Is there a difference or not?
Haven't I said so at least TWICE already? The question you asked was not the one you SHOULD have asked.

You ASKED if they saw no difference between dying and killing. What you SHOULD have asked was if they saw no difference between dying of natural causes, and being killed by someone.

Do you really not see the difference between those two questions, Witless Jr.

Here, I'll dumb it down for you.

The premise of YOUR question
"I am dying" vs "I am killing". Yes, there IS a difference between those two concepts, and no one here has said otherwise.

What it SHOULD have been...

"I am dying of natural causes" vs "Someone is killing me"

Got it yet?

Now, are you going to pretend, like LynneD is, that the comparison between dying of natural causes vs someone killing you (general) is NOT, ultimately, a comparison between abortion and murder?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278555 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one has said there is no difference between dying and killing. No one."
Katie just proved you to be a liar:
Katie
Seattle, WA
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#278541 4 min ago
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
PCers have said there's no difference between grandma dying of a heart attack or shooting her in the heart, because "dead is dead".
That conversation was quite an eye-opener, wasn't it.
There is no difference to Gramma. She's dead.
The difference is how the people who love her respond to her death. The difference is with the living.
Just like abortion. The ZEF is dead whether induced or spontaneous. Ninety-eight percent of these induced dead ZEFs are the size of a Tic Tac. Seriously. It is not the newborn you imagine.
Uh no, she did not. You're still not understanding. I'm not surprised.

Katie was addressing dying naturally vs being killed, not what YOU brought up, which was dying vs killing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278557 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Does "ending the lives" refer to dying or killing?
I'm not talking about anyone else's posts, but your own. Your responding inappropriately TO someone else's post is my point.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278556 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> What? "There is no difference to Gramma.She's dead"""" "
Well,it most certainly made a difference how she died. Natural causes or being shot in the head. I'm SURE Gramma,you or I would CARE if we die of natural causes or being killed.
Do you think that the parents of those children who died in CT aren't living with the reality of HOW their children died ALONG with the fact that their child is just deceased? In other words,what is worse to you...a child who dies in their sleep of some illness or one that gets blasted in the head/body with a guy by some madmen?
How about size. What is worse to you....a one year old being killed or a 7 foot grown man? You seem to think that being small or immature makes ones death via killing seem less.
Katie,you are being more and more unstable by the day. You seriously need to seek proffessional help.
If she died of a criminal act, it would matter. Killing a ZEF is not a criminal act. So again, NO DIFFERENCE.

Like Bitner's said, you cannot abortion to murder.

Follow along by yourself. You're a big girl now.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#278559 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Does "ending the lives" refer to dying or killing?
Given that most deaths in nature result from killing, natural ending of life refers to killing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278558 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So there IS a difference between dying and killing.
Yes, and no one here has said otherwise.

Nope, not even Katie. She was addressing what you MEANT, which was, is there a difference between dying naturally and being killed by someone.

What you AKSED, was not that.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278560 Jan 21, 2013
Should read You cannot compare killing a ZEF to a criminal act. Which IS what you're trying to do.

There is a difference to the living if Gramma died of a criminal act. There is no difference to Gramma because she's dead. Just like a ZEF is dead before it ever actually lived.

It's not complicated. But I can see trying to break it down into smaller concepts didn't help either. And you're trying two different concepts into one, which is where the trouble lies.

Oh well. It's your job to figure it out from here.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278561 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't I said so at least TWICE already? The question you asked was not the one you SHOULD have asked.
You ASKED if they saw no difference between dying and killing. What you SHOULD have asked was if they saw no difference between dying of natural causes, and being killed by someone.
Do you really not see the difference between those two questions, Witless Jr.
Here, I'll dumb it down for you.
The premise of YOUR question
"I am dying" vs "I am killing". Yes, there IS a difference between those two concepts, and no one here has said otherwise.
What it SHOULD have been...
"I am dying of natural causes" vs "Someone is killing me"
Got it yet?
Now, are you going to pretend, like LynneD is, that the comparison between dying of natural causes vs someone killing you (general) is NOT, ultimately, a comparison between abortion and murder?
Katie has repeatedly said that there is no difference.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278562 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie was addressing dying naturally vs being killed, not what YOU brought up, which was dying vs killing.
What is the difference between "dying naturally vs being killed" and "dying vs killing"?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278563 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey even better 10 out of 10 people that are born die, so does this make God a killer?
Sadly,most proaborts will say yes. Ironically,the ones who have aborted,don't consider themselves *killers* though.

They can't understand the difference between natural death(meaning that our bodies will die naturally but our soul will live on for eternity)vs killing/murder (untimely death caused by deliberate actions of another/or self).

They seem to agree that a fetus is deliberately killed during an abortion but they won't accept/acknowledge the fact that SOMEONE is doing the killing because they were paid to by Mom (which makes BOTH of them killers).

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#278565 Jan 21, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text> You sound so angry about someone practicing their freedom of speech and practicing their religion. Many like to hear about God and the experiences of others. Learning something new everyday,is valuable.
Lighten up. Learn to relax. You're too uptight.
But he (and you) aren't writing anything new. Do that and I will be glad to hear it. Do you have anything original to say?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278564 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't see they're trying to tie two separate concepts together.

I don't know if I helped much either in trying to break it down.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278566 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If she died of a criminal act, it would matter. Killing a ZEF is not a criminal act. So again, NO DIFFERENCE.
Do you really think that dying and killing are the same?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278567 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Bitler say?

Just because abortion is legal TODAY,doesn't mean that TOMMOROW it will be. The law doesn't change the fact that a humans life is deliberately killed. The law isn't always a moral or agreeable one.

In other words,laws change. Example: Two years ago,a road by me had no traffic lights. I could come and go as I pleased. Today, I will be disobeying the law if I don't stop at that light. In fact,I could get killed or kill another coming and going as I once pleased. Not only that,I will get pulled over and ticketed if I do.

Prostitution is illegal here. If I CHOOSE to have sex with a man and charge him,I will be arrested. I am not allowed to do with my body (sex for hire)as I please. If I go to another state,I can do as I CHOOSE with my body(sex for hire). What law is correct? What law stands true? Can I or can't I,do what I want with MY body?
sassyliciouus

Jackson, NJ

#278568 Jan 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>But he (and you) aren't writing anything new. Do that and I will be glad to hear it. Do you have anything original to say?
Honey, NOBODY but NOBODY is forcing you to read his post. Nobody alters their posts to suit what YOU want to hear.

What a control freak.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#278570 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So there IS a difference between dying and killing.
Cancer can kill as can a variety of other diseases. She died of cancer. Heart disease is killing him.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#278569 Jan 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't see they're trying to tie two separate concepts together.
I don't know if I helped much either in trying to break it down.
It doesn't matter how it is explained or broke down to those people on that side of the aisle.

In the end those people want to be right and every one else wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min old_moose 1,600,039
News Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet (Jul '08) Mon DiLeos D 220
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Anybody Anywhere 21,174
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Sep 14 Westminster 79
News Baltimore archbishop calls for mercy for 'Dream... Sep 14 Michu pichu 1
News Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Sep 13 ColdCase 20
News Locations of Baltimore's former movie houses (Jan '08) Sep 1 Wesley Halbrook 12

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages