Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309974 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#278471 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Chicky.. I wish you had a registered nick."
This comes from being banned so many times.
No, actually it doesn't.. It is her choice, but then your side can rarely tell the truth or keep to the same story with out it changing.. Pathetic, that out of my entire post that is the only thing you picked out.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278472 Jan 21, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, susan, I wouldn't know about the unborn as there is no such thing..
Are you contending that you are predead?
Anyways, as woman have miscarriages. If you are going to contend that your god is omnipotent and omniscient. Then it could be said that your god causes spontaneous abortions (miscarriages) rather to easily.
"I wouldn't know about the unborn as there is no such thing.."

Really?

"Are you contending that you are predead?"

Are "pre" and "un" the same?

"Anyways, as woman have miscarriages."

A spontanious abortion is different from an elective abortion. One is deliberate killing, the other is not.

"If you are going to contend that your god"

Did I say my God?

"Then it could be said that your god causes spontaneous abortions (miscarriages) rather to easily."

So every time there is a death God is killing?
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278473 Jan 21, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually it doesn't.. It is her choice, but then your side can rarely tell the truth or keep to the same story with out it changing.. Pathetic, that out of my entire post that is the only thing you picked out.
Hey it's not my fault that Chickensh!t keeps getting banned.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#278474 Jan 21, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. But we know from being here so long just how nuts people can be!
;-)
No kidding. Its people who say things like :
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because god is not real. That makes the human uterus the biggest abortionist.
That's like saying the human body is the biggest murderer, when people die of natural causes. A uterus doesn't kill a fetus. The fetus dies of natural causes when a miscarriage happens spontaneously.

I agree that being here shows us just how nuts people can be, and they post as PCers here.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278475 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So dying and killing are the same in your book?
Sue, you know that's what they think. They think because the end result is the same, "dead is dead", that there's no difference in manner of death; between medical abortion and miscarriage. Since we know there is a difference,(natural death as opposed to being killed), they're trying to make the comparison that a miscarriage is the same as the fetus being killed, again like there's no difference between natural death and killing.

Katie says God kills the fetus, Chicky says the uterus does, and neither makes sense.

They couldn't be more ridiculous in their arguments if they tried. All of their arguments are ridiculous.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278476 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
It's exactly what I was asking.
Since no one has said dying and killing are the same thing, why would you ask that?

You're going through your usual spin to AVOID using certain words, knowing they don't apply to the abortion issue, and the result is this incredibly stupid question of yours.

"I am dying". "I am killing". WHO has said these things are the same?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278477 Jan 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just courious
You mean curious? I seriously doubt you were.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278478 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid question.
Try this; "I am dying.", compared to "I am killing." No one is saying those are the same, and that's not what you're getting at.
You're trying to compare, albeit obliquely, abortion to murder. And you have to twist it into the stupid question you just asked in order to do it.
You people are idiots.
No, PLers have been comparing abortion to being KILLED, and miscarriage to dying of natural causes, because abortion is KILLING the human life in utero, and with miscarriage the fetus died of natural causes. You people are the ones trying to avoid that fact with your twisted arguments and false claims.
Gtown71

United States

#278479 Jan 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>How very selfless of you. Lovely. The fact remains that you think you have a choice of whether your wife has a career outside of the home. What if the two of you didn't agree on her having a job? What if she decided that she wanted to remain in the public sector and advance her career? Would you step up and take 50% of the household/family responsibilities for the rest of your marriage? Would you stop thinking of it as a favor and accept it as an equitable obligation?
Your wrong elise, I don't view it as a favor -I view as a privaledge to do what is right for my family.

My wife wanted to work, and whatever she wants to do in the future, I will do whatever needs doing to help her in any way.

Not all men look at their wife like they own them.

I look at mine as a precious gift
Alot of men are good at the whole submit unto me thing, but not so good at givong themselves up for them.

It is not a mans or womans place to ride shotgun over the family.

They should work as one.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278480 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're not, Idiot. Dying is something that happens to you, killing is something you do. And NO ONE has said those two things are the same.
What you are really trying to do, is compare abortion to murder.
Wrong, Bitner. PCers have said there's no difference between grandma dying of a heart attack or shooting her in the heart, because "dead is dead".

That's not talking about murder, but just being killed as opposed to dying of natural causes. You PCers try to avoid the fact that a human life IS being KILLED diuring a medical abortion. You're now trying to evade with your stupidity in falsely claiming what PLers have been trying to do.

"Murder" is just a legal term, and one you PC hide behind. KILLING isn't a legal term and you can't hide from it.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278481 Jan 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your last question, I seriously doubt it. I'm not buying Gtown's sudden switch from Mr. Archaic to Mr. Progressive either.
In one post he's whining incessantly about "what kind of man would do housework." Now he expects us to buy his ridiculous story that he is willingly doing all the housework and child care he was complaining about? I don't think so.
I agree. The boy's either a liar or very confused... or both.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278482 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Since no one has said dying and killing are the same thing, why would you ask that?
You're going through your usual spin to AVOID using certain words, knowing they don't apply to the abortion issue, and the result is this incredibly stupid question of yours.
A person dies of natural causes, a person is killed. Not the same. PCers have said manner of killing is irrelevant since end result is the same; dead.

Manner of killing obviously makes the difference and it does matter, medically and legally.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#278483 Jan 21, 2013
Misspoke. Correction:
Wrong, Bitner. PCers have said there's no difference between grandma dying of a heart attack or being shot in the heart, because "dead is dead".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278484 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, PLers have been comparing abortion to being KILLED, and miscarriage to dying of natural causes, because abortion is KILLING the human life in utero, and with miscarriage the fetus died of natural causes. You people are the ones trying to avoid that fact with your twisted arguments and false claims.
You just proved me right. NO ONE has said there is no difference between "dying" and "killing".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278485 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Bitner. PCers have said there's no difference between grandma dying of a heart attack or shooting her in the heart, because "dead is dead".
That's not talking about murder, but just being killed as opposed to dying of natural causes. You PCers try to avoid the fact that a human life IS being KILLED diuring a medical abortion. You're now trying to evade with your stupidity in falsely claiming what PLers have been trying to do.
"Murder" is just a legal term, and one you PC hide behind. KILLING isn't a legal term and you can't hide from it.
Sue's question was not about natural death vs being killed by someone. Her stupid question was about a difference between dying and killing, which no one has said there WASN'T a difference between those two.

I am not falsely claiming anything. Ultimately, you people ARE tying to compare abortion to murder. It's not an apt comparison, hence all the twists and turns in your arguments. But, that IS what you're doing. There would be no other reason to compare dying naturally, and being killed by someone otherwise.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#278487 Jan 21, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
A person dies of natural causes, a person is killed. Not the same. PCers have said manner of killing is irrelevant since end result is the same; dead.
Manner of killing obviously makes the difference and it does matter, medically and legally.
Sue's question was not about dying naturally vs being killed. She asked about dying vs killing.

You continue to prove me right. Thank you.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278488 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean curious? I seriously doubt you were.
Thank you for correcting my spelling.

You can seriously doubt anything you like.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#278486 Jan 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenose. Kenose made the comparrison between God and an abortionist. An abortionist performs abortions, abortion kills the zef, therefore if God is the biggest abortionist God must be killing.

My error, Katie was the one with the origional post:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the numbers. Put your money where your mouth is.
Btw, GOD is the biggest "abortionist" there is. But I guess that don't count where you come from, right?

Then Kenose reinforced it:

Uh... yeah, silly rabbit. 1 in 4 prenancies ends in miscarriage. Maybe you ought to focus your angst towards your God for ending the lives of all those fetuses.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278489 Jan 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong elise, I don't view it as a favor -I view as a privaledge to do what is right for my family.
My wife wanted to work, and whatever she wants to do in the future, I will do whatever needs doing to help her in any way.
Not all men look at their wife like they own them.p
I look at mine as a precious gift
Alot of men are good at the whole submit unto me thing, but not so good at givong themselves up for them.
It is not a mans or womans place to ride shotgun over the family.
They should work as one.
Except that you made up that little story. You're out of gas, bubba. You are dismissed.
Gtown71

United States

#278491 Jan 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your last question, I seriously doubt it. I'm not buying Gtown's sudden switch from Mr. Archaic to Mr. Progressive either.
In one post he's whining incessantly about "what kind of man would do housework." Now he expects us to buy his ridiculous story that he is willingly doing all the housework and child care he was complaining about? I don't think so.
Well ocean, I'm sorry you don't buy my story, but it is true. Again I was trying to get elise and you to admit, that would be a good man.

My mother taught me how to cook. I got home from school and would tell her I'm hungry -she would say -you know where the kitchen is, don't burn down the house. Lol

One of my favorite things, is also simple and maybe you can try it, but you may choose not to, just becouse a BRUTTE told you about it. Lol

Take chicken, pork chops, or steak -put CAVENDERS GREEK SEASONING, with the cheap orange looking seasoning salt, coat well, and bake covered in foil.

I found my father dead, when I was about 10, and was raised by my mother and older sister, so Im not the guy you may think.

I still believe abortion is wrong and a sin, but to each their own.

I will say -that little evil dude, that killed all those kids did more than self inflict nonesense.

Sometimes other pay for our mistakes or sins.

The guy then killed himself
I geuss you think o well, he's in the ground case closed, but he is not. He is in hell where he will stay untill the white throne judgement, then he will be cast into the lake of fire forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,236,027
News Homicides in Baltimore up 40% 29 min Right Wing 16
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 2 hr Bam 653
News Baltimore police ID latest homicide victims 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Al Sharpton claims to be a roachologists 9 hr Right Wing 2
News Repeal of 'rain tax' requirement yet to trickle... 18 hr okimar 3
News Two teens charged as adults in gang rape at Ska... (Aug '10) 22 hr suetiggers 31
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]