Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
261,401 - 261,420 of 305,455 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#278289 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky doesn't want to criminalize owning weapons like you want to criminalize abortion. Chicky wants the weapon-owning regulated like abortion is currently regulated.
I think, based on your PLM, you are afraid Chicky is trying to do to guns just exactly what you're trying to do with abortion.
But, as usual, you're wrong.
Here's a towel for your drool... it's being flung across the screen.
oh BS! first, Chicky DOES want them outright banned, she's a lunatic........read what she's been saying to me

second, i never said i wanted abortion banned OURTRIGHT, why do u ppl keep assuming that ?
Gtown71

United States

#278290 Jan 20, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Parsing is the tactic of strict interpretationists. I'm using their logic against them.
1)Where does the Constitution say that a felon cannot bear and keep arms.
2) Where does the Constitution say that a state cannot enact laws infringing on the rights to bear and keep arms.
You're a defender of states rights. Yes or no?
3) Where does is say that people can't buy a cannon?
It doesn't say where they can't. Nor does it say felons can't. I have a friend that is a felon, becouse when he was 18 , he and his buddies rode around throws bottles at signs and street lights, and they broke enough street lights out, that cost to be repaired enough money 500 bucks, that made him a felon.
Most people don't think about a felon like this, they think of the Big Bag wolf man.

Many people owned cannons when this was written up. Many still do.
Gtown71

United States

#278291 Jan 20, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> You mean you assume. How many cases of born alive abortions have there been in the past 10 years since the Born Alive Infants Act? How many cases could there possibly be of infants being born alive during a legal abortion if 90+ percent of abortions occur in the first trimester?
<quoted text>How about it? You're making the assumption not me.
<quoted text>Well when you believe a fetus in utero is a person, or a human being with equal rights or rights that usurp the person (mom) it is inside of then I would have to agree that it isn't a baby (person, human being) until it's born.
<quoted text>Ok you said before you were saved you would have killed as many as you could. My mistake.
"I would not kill cops, if they came to take my guns, but before I was saved 13 years ago -I would've killed as many as possible, and many many people would do just that, before the cops kill them WITH GUNS!!!"
Before the infant care act was passed, many people didn't recognize a baby in the womb as a baby, and even worse, there were many who didn't believe the baby was a baby AFTER they were born.

Prez obama voted 4 times against helping a baby born during a screwed up abortion.

He stated, that the womans main intent was to have an abortion, and to send her home with a baby would put undo stress on that woman.

Yet the sicko has been and is OUR prez :)
Did you like the OURS? He is mine to.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#278292 Jan 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"the real person who killed all those people, he did it in a place he knew would UNlikely have lots of armed people
as liberals on here usually do.."
And you, like the shithead you are, ignored my links to stories of gun carrying cops being gunned down, and that was just a few of the many I found. These were cops, criminals knew they were armed, and yet the criminals pulled a gun and shot them anyway. These cops being armed was no deterrent.
I showed you an article where a nut shot into a police station. I showed you a sample of articles about armed cops being shot down. That shows that criminals do not necessarily seek targets where there are few guns or few people carrying guns. There is CLEARLY no guarantee that criminals we seek places where there are few or no guns. I CLEARLY rebutted that argument.
You cannot PROVE that your hero Dark Knight Rises chose that venue because there were few guns...you THINK he did but you don't know it as fact. I showed you PROOF that criminals will shoot armed cops and one of them shot into a police station full of guns and armed cops. If criminals will shoot armed cops and at armed police stations they will shoot at anything regardless of whether there are a lot of guns there or not.
I clearly proved that so you lose, Fundieboy.
"that your hero Dark Knight Rises" - HERO? wait, WHOSE my hero??

no, i didnt ignore the stories, i just said that they didnt prove that guns deter people..........you're for some ODD reeason under the impression that for somethign to be a deterrant it has to work 100 percent of the time.......ie, if guns were a deterrant, no one with a gun would get shot.....LUDACRIS! im not really sure you're this stupid.......ur claiming that YOU, as a woman, if you had a gun on your side you'd be just as likely to get attacked & raped by some thug as if you had NO protection! which is like saying people who get ADT security in their homes do so for NOTHING

"CLEARLY no guarantee that criminals we seek places" = of course not! i never said it would NEVER happen, just that its less LIKELY to......see the difference?

just answer this, if guns/security do nothing to DETER criminals, if criminals break into homes that HAVE security systems, then why do people insist on having security systems?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278293 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it's been 30 minutes +( that better ?).
C'mon.....let's go. You've never needed this much prodding before.
Hell....a comment about the weather would elicit one of your nurse related monologues.
When you bohunks bring up a health-related topic of which you know little, it's perfectly appropriate for me to help you out. What area is troubling you? Enlarged prostate? Dementia? Hip fracture? Osteoporosis? I'm here for you, viejocito:-)

Atrisco Village

#278294 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do think it's funny....and hypocritical that you would call others "name caller" when you are one of the worst offenders.
<quoted text>
It's all relative.
<quoted text>
The story telling nurse needs to heed her own advice. When you see hate where there is none, it's clear you are the one with the problem.
Lol,.. don't you know what the term "hater" means? I mean, in this century, ol' boy.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#278295 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>
"by your logic, drunk driving laws do NOTHING b/c we still have drunk drivers"
And by YOUR logic the way to fight drunk driving is to have everyone drunk while driving. We have criminals with guns so arm everyone to deter killings...we have drunk drivers so have everyone drive drunk to deter drunk drivers...same effed up logic.
Many many many civilians own guns. Do they still get robbed? Yes? Murdered in their homes? Yes. Where is this deterrent? Where's all these stories of armed citizens thwarting killers and shooters? Where are all the stories of legal gun owners pulling out a gun and stopping a mass murdering by shooting them down?
Killers KNOW there are plenty of gun owners out there and they commit crimes anyway...and you know it.
where are the stories ? there actually OUT there, but the mass media doesnt cover them........WHY? maybe same reason the so called "BUSH controlled media" of the last decade pushed Fox News down our throats, as you guys have so many times claimed.........how often do u guys claim that the media is corrupt?

"And by YOUR logic the way to fight drunk driving is to have everyone drunk while driving" - NO, not the same logic b/c those are two totally different types of crime, this is like comparing stealing from a trust fund & poisoning your spouse to inherit money, two COMPLETLY different crimes

we combat drunk driving with laws, education, common sense, police with RADAR DETECTORS which you say do nothing..........we combat criminal gun violence with the same things, except ALSO with GOOD citizens owning guns as deterrants

see, ur comparing simply OWNING guns with criminality......that's why you're a far left liberal, b/c you dont see the distinction b/t a GUN & a CRIME........also thats b/c you're an idiot

simply OWNING guns doesnt make crime.........BAD GUYS owning guns usually makes for criminal acts..........so why shouldnt GOOD guys own guns too?

why?
Gtown71

United States

#278296 Jan 20, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter whether they believe it's a person, I asked who on here supports elective abortions up to the day before delivery?
What a person believes does matter.
You ask questions that have nothing to do with the topic.

It is like asking (Do you still go off on people and start throwing things at them?)
Answer must be : YES or NO

To me and many including God, what you believe is everything.

God searches the heart of people.

A person can say anything, but they will do what they truly believe.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#278297 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I never said that, liar. I never said anything about taking guns away from decent people either, Liar.
Why don't you actually try comprehending what you read for once.
maybe not you specifically, but SHE does

SHE thinks we should, which means you shouldnt be patting her on the back, you should be lecturing her on how irrational she is

but wait! why? you say you dont want that but then say that guns cause more crime.......by that logic why WOULDNT u want all guns banned?

why?

Atrisco Village

#278298 Jan 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said women who look at being a mother as only hard work, and as only something that takes away all of "their " free time, would be a bad mother.
Just like a person who has a dog caged up, and throws them alittle food and water sometimes, but no love, petting, or anything else would be a bad dog owner.
I also addressed this, and said I was sorry before you even seen it, so whatever ocean.
You say I'm stuck back in time?o
I geuss your idea of the ideal family would be the powerful smart woman goes out to work, and the dad stays home, and takes care of the baby -cooks meals -cleans house -washes chlothes -has support per waiting for his wife when she gets home, and all else included in being a house mama???
Would that be ok with you, if A MAN did all of this womans work??
Why not, since we women do "men's" work, often better than you boys. Welcome to real life, Van Winkle. There is no such thing as "women's" work, sonso.

Atrisco Village

#278299 Jan 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't say where they can't. Nor does it say felons can't. I have a friend that is a felon, becouse when he was 18 , he and his buddies rode around throws bottles at signs and street lights, and they broke enough street lights out, that cost to be repaired enough money 500 bucks, that made him a felon.
Most people don't think about a felon like this, they think of the Big Bag wolf man.
Many people owned cannons when this was written up. Many still do.
Tough shit for your friend. That's just the way it goes. No guns for him:-(

Lol, how many people do you think own their very own personal cannons, honey? Omg, you're hilarious!
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278300 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do think it's funny....and hypocritical that you would call others "name caller" when you are one of the worst offenders.
<quoted text>
It's all relative.
<quoted text>
The story telling nurse needs to heed her own advice. When you see hate where there is none, it's clear you are the one with the problem.
What do you mean one of the worst offenders? I hardly ever call names. Think it's distasteful. And when I do resort to it, I usually qualify it with a "okay, i'll speak to you on your level" just to make a point or get a point across.

Musta worked since so many of you PLers still refer back to last April 2012's doozy.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278301 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Except, instead of running in it, he wears it to the VFW on Friday nights.
Don't knock the VFWs, Elise. They can't help how some people insist on showing up! LOL
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278302 Jan 20, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh BS! first, Chicky DOES want them outright banned, she's a lunatic........read what she's been saying to me
second, i never said i wanted abortion banned OURTRIGHT, why do u ppl keep assuming that ?
LOL

I'm not the one having trouble comprehending. Try again.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#278303 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>When you bohunks bring up a health-related topic of which you know little, it's perfectly appropriate for me to help you out. What area is troubling you? Enlarged prostate? Dementia? Hip fracture? Osteoporosis? I'm here for you, viejocito:-)
If you were here for me you'd commence with a nurse story already and cease the "trying too hard to be funny" shtick.
You're not fooling anyone with the little smiley face. You're seething.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#278304 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol,.. don't you know what the term "hater" means? I mean, in this century, ol' boy.
If it means one who can spot a bullshitting phony a mile away I think you may have me pegged.:-)
Gtown71

United States

#278306 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why not, since we women do "men's" work, often better than you boys. Welcome to real life, Van Winkle. There is no such thing as "women's" work, sonso.
What kind of man would put his career off for 2 or 3 years, and stay home with his baby, changing diapers, making bottles, cleaning up after his baby,and all that goes with having a baby, not to mention all the toys and playing with the baby, on top of cooking all meals, washing all chlothes, and having home in order, so when his WOMAN comes home, she can just relax, and eat, and play with her baby??? I geuss you would want the man to run the womans bath, and wash her sheets every couple of days to keep them nice and fresh for her????

All this, so the woman can go to her job, and not have to start all over after the child is old enough to go to school?!?!?

Do you know how much pride a man would have to swallow, in order to let his wife bring home the bacon, just becouse she really likes her job???

How the man would have to be seen by all others around him, that would be thinking, what???

What kind of man would that be? I mean for real?!?!?

Oh, and by the way -you would be shocked to know how many own their own cannons.
Only the very well to do, since they are not cheap.

I live 10 mins. From Shiloh TN -where one of the biggest civil war battles took place, so I get to talk to guys every year about cannons "and yes some do own their own cannon. Just becouse things don't fit in your box, don't mean they don't fit.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#278307 Jan 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So women that get abortions, their belly swells and thigh rots?
I'm sorry bro,but on this scripture you're wrong.
I'm not wrong. I've studied Numbers 5. You should do the same. The Strong's Concordance is available on line. In case you are unaware, the Bible is full of idioms and figures of speech.

You have to support your contention with Biblical references if you are going to outright claim I'm wrong. Just saying so is worthless and lazy.

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I mess it up plenty and think later of what I should have said, and Jesus did hang out with the sinners "worldly " people, but He never agreed with them when it came to sin.
Which is what I see in your post bro.
You see "sin" in my post? Where? You do not have the wisdom and knowledge of Jesus, so you have no right making that accusation. You haven't even bothered to study Numbers 5.

Disagreement, in and of itself, does not lend credibility.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>If "asked " to give a reason for the hope that is in you, we should all be ready to tell people why we believe what we believe (why is this Jesus so real to you?)
Plus as you can see, there is many who claim the bible is fake or take out what they don't like, add what they will.
I don't expect non-beleivers to take the Bible seriously.

I see you ignoring what you don't like and adding your opinion, with no Bible reference to support it.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to see you have a bible, and we may just have to agree to disagree, becouse two christians arguing helps nothing.
We have enough division within the "christian " religion to make folks shake their heads.
I would be remiss to let you preach ignorance without challenge.

And I disagree. Of course we should debate. You might learn something new and/or find yourself researching and studying the Word in ways you would not have, otherwise.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Many who claim the name of christ, know not Jesus Christ.
Many false preachers.
Yep. At this point, I'd have to count you among them -- Only because you make claims in the name of Jesus without Biblical reference. When you reference, you expose yourself to scrutiny. And any good TEACHER is more than happy to be checked out.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>You name it we got it, which should make folks wonder, if satan is real "and he is ",then he would attack the one true God, and His church.
That last sentence is garbled. Can't really make heads or tails out it.

Atrisco Village

#278308 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were here for me you'd commence with a nurse story already and cease the "trying too hard to be funny" shtick.
You're not fooling anyone with the little smiley face. You're seething.
What? I asked what you what subject you'd like advice on. Why so serious, papi?

:-)

Atrisco Village

#278310 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
If it means one who can spot a bullshitting phony a mile away I think you may have me pegged.:-)
Pssht... not even close, honey.

If I was going to bullshit, it wouldn't be about being a nurse. You're a dork.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min KING EDO 1,100,401
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 39 min see the light 18,872
One Action Movie Can Damage a Mind for Life 55 min HidingInMyCave 4
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Thu Raptor in Michigan 120,152
Review: Dundalk Animal Hospital - Dennis G Fost... (Jan '09) Thu time 26
gay hookup in maryland Wed mdtowson 3
How can I find a active biker dating site ? Aug 26 kobe 1
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE