Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,141
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#278245 Jan 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe any realistic gun owner has a problem with background checks, or gun laws, what many of us are talking about is the taking away of all guns from all people.
Nobody is talking about taking away all guns from all people you dolt.
They can even pass clip laws if thet wish -no more guns that hold 20 rounds, but it only takes about 3 secounds or less to eject a clip and put in a new one, so even if they make it only hold 5 shot, it would have only slowed down all killers of mass murders in the past about 10 secounds.
And 10 seconds extra might have meant the lives of 20 of those 27 adults and children might have been saved.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278246 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky doesn't want to criminalize owning weapons like you want to criminalize abortion. Chicky wants the weapon-owning regulated like abortion is currently regulated.
I think, based on your PLM, you are afraid Chicky is trying to do to guns just exactly what you're trying to do with abortion.
But, as usual, you're wrong.
Here's a towel for your drool... it's being flung across the screen.
Exactly!

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#278247 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
Katie says: That doesn't mean no assistance will be used following delivery. That's just your "take" on it.
Name calling loudmouth Doc says: Your psychotic. MY take ???
----
Your take on what has been said.
I read what you claim I've written and you haven't gotten it right yet. I'm done trying to humor you or help you or anything that initially motivated me into this 2-3yr old conversation.
You've sure got a knack at complicating things. Just like your PIC has a knack for repeating what's been said to her as if she's the initial one to've said it.
G'night Doc and good luck.
The End
This is the end.....my only friend....the end.

Ride the highway west baby.

“Game on !”

nyc

#278248 Jan 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you think you're "righteous", OR that you're annoying us, says more about you than it does about us, lol.
The fact that you think an infant can REACH viability with medical intervention says a lot about you too.

How stupid.

“Game on !”

nyc

#278249 Jan 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, YOU don't get to decide what women "should" or "should not" do, pal, no matter how much you WANT to control other women's lives.
Much as you probably hate it, there ARE women who don't regret having an abortion. They only regret GETTING pregnant in the first place, and were glad the option of abortion was available to them. Whether YOU approve of their decision or not is irrelevant.
http://www.imnotsorry.net
Great....here's the cathartic website again.....where most go to try to assuage their guilt.

" it was the best thing I ever did.....it empowered me....I swear it did"

Right.

“Game on !”

nyc

#278250 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Not me and I speak only for myself. I am 100% prochoice. Period.
Can you tell us another nurse story ? It's been 10 minutes.
Pwetty pweeeeeease !

“Game on !”

nyc

#278251 Jan 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
A bunch of unsubstantiated, unverified slop.....

"A woman in Utah...."
" A Louisiana woman..."

What is that ?

And this .....

"a Tennessee woman who had been in a car accident was tested to see if she had been driving under the influence of alcohol. According to local press, her blood alcohol content was well below the legal limit. Nevertheless, because she told a police officer that she was four months pregnant, she was arrested and taken to jail. Tennessee apparently recognizes a special crime reserved just for pregnant women: driving while not intoxicated."

Anyone believe there is nothing else to this story ? Even if it is real ( doubtful ). She was arrested simply because she was pregnant?

Outrageous.

“Game on !”

nyc

#278253 Jan 20, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, once more you show your ignorance..
When you are in a foreign country. You are under that country laws. That is a simple fact of life. DERRR!!!!
The key phrase was "U.S. citizen" ma'am....not "U.S. soil".
The Constitution does NOT apply only to U.S. citizens.

You're showing your ignorance again lady. DERRR !!!!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278254 Jan 20, 2013
Bhitler is fat wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, your upset because your wittle feelings were hurt. Actually I am healthy, healthier than you , you fat pig. Go spend some time at a gym and do Zumba.
Once again, you prove that you are a shallow, hatefilled person. You're ugly inside, no matter what you look like on the outside. And you always will be. Ugly. You are ugly.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#278255 Jan 20, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a pervert with fantasies about child rape. Sick.
Among her many other failings, yes, she is.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278256 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell us another nurse story ? It's been 10 minutes.
Pwetty pweeeeeease !
Don't hate, baby. I'm not the one who brought up the subject of caregiving. It was one of you PLs. Try to keep your sour grapes in check.

“Game on !”

nyc

#278257 Jan 20, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No not lke yesterday. You were calling people "f'kn retards" in a derogatory manner, implying retarded people are less than you.
I, OTOH recognize retarded people as being mental superiors to you PC idiots.
They would have understood that as well, where you weren't even close.
What "stings"? I remembered you were banned because you called people names, and were loud mouthed about it with your exclamation points because you couldn't control yourself, and use what I remember to point out you're a hypocrite in calling other people loud mouthed name callers, and you think that means it stung when you did it?
LOL, you wished it did, but the effect you were going for didn't work. You think because someone calls you names and it "stings" you, that it has the same effect on us. You're wrong, Toots. I don't care what dummies call me.
Katie was infamous for her "FOAD"'s and calling people AH's. I guess it's OK when you call people names disguised as acronyms.
But call her delusional and watch her get all bent outta shape at the vile "name callers".

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#278258 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Have they caught the person yet? Only a dumb kid would shoot at a cop shop. At least I hope so, anyway!
Oh yeah, it didn't take long.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278259 Jan 20, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dark Night Rises doesn't actually exis" - LADY, damn, the Dark Knight Rises SHOOTER! the real person who killed all those people, he did it in a place he knew would UNlikely have lots of armed people
as liberals on here usually do, you ignored my question like the coward u usually are..........try again, would you prefer if guns were banned & therefore only criminals own them??
"the real person who killed all those people, he did it in a place he knew would UNlikely have lots of armed people
as liberals on here usually do.."

And you, like the shithead you are, ignored my links to stories of gun carrying cops being gunned down, and that was just a few of the many I found. These were cops, criminals knew they were armed, and yet the criminals pulled a gun and shot them anyway. These cops being armed was no deterrent.

I showed you an article where a nut shot into a police station. I showed you a sample of articles about armed cops being shot down. That shows that criminals do not necessarily seek targets where there are few guns or few people carrying guns. There is CLEARLY no guarantee that criminals we seek places where there are few or no guns. I CLEARLY rebutted that argument.

You cannot PROVE that your hero Dark Knight Rises chose that venue because there were few guns...you THINK he did but you don't know it as fact. I showed you PROOF that criminals will shoot armed cops and one of them shot into a police station full of guns and armed cops. If criminals will shoot armed cops and at armed police stations they will shoot at anything regardless of whether there are a lot of guns there or not.

I clearly proved that so you lose, Fundieboy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278260 Jan 20, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>thats not cause & effect idiot..........just bc civilians & criminals have guns & we still have OCCASIONAL shootings does not mean that civilians having them does NOTHING (if NONE of us law abiding citizens had guns, crime would be far WORSE..........think, if you want to rob a house, do you rob the family that owns guns or the liberal pansies that dont?.....you know the answer to this)
so then, by your logic, drunk driving laws do NOTHING b/c we still have drunk drivers..........RIGHT?
admit, then that you believe that laws against murder do nothing since we still have murder.......laws against speeding do nothing since people still speed.....
so why do we have laws then numbnuts?
OOOPS, logic hurts
"by your logic, drunk driving laws do NOTHING b/c we still have drunk drivers"

And by YOUR logic the way to fight drunk driving is to have everyone drunk while driving. We have criminals with guns so arm everyone to deter killings...we have drunk drivers so have everyone drive drunk to deter drunk drivers...same effed up logic.

Many many many civilians own guns. Do they still get robbed? Yes? Murdered in their homes? Yes. Where is this deterrent? Where's all these stories of armed citizens thwarting killers and shooters? Where are all the stories of legal gun owners pulling out a gun and stopping a mass murdering by shooting them down?

Killers KNOW there are plenty of gun owners out there and they commit crimes anyway...and you know it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278261 Jan 20, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
right, so tell these idiots like LNMoon & Chicky Brilliance this..........they somehow think that mass shootings will go DOWN if all the decent people have their guns taken away.......that somehow criminals WONT take advantage of a disarmed nation
UNREAL
I never said that, liar. I never said anything about taking guns away from decent people either, Liar.

Why don't you actually try comprehending what you read for once.

“Game on !”

nyc

#278262 Jan 20, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc, the mere fact that FHL's are silent on whether a pregnancy is wanted or unwanted is irrelevant. The statute assumes a wanted pregnancy. Otherwise, there would be no need for the exclusion in each and every FHL regardnig legal termination of pregnancy.
Wrong. The exclusion is for a LEGALLY performed abortion by a licensed medical practitioner. The death of a fetus caused by an illegal assault can ( and should )still be prosecuted, whether the fetus was wanted or not.
Yet you cannot proffer another crux for their existence without reverting to the only core existence for FHLs; protection of a woman's right to carry a wanted pregnancy to term.
I don't have to. All I need to do to refute your assertion that that is the ONLY reason for their existence is show that they exist for another reason. Which I did. And you continue to ignore the fact that if your assertion was true, the same could have been accomplished by passing the " Unlawful Termination of a Wanted Pregnancy Law". There would have been no need to designate the fetus as a separate victim. The fact that they did not do this is evidence that the purpose of the FHL go beyond your SOLE reason.
And you continue to sidestep the fact that if the sole reason for FHL's were what you claimed, the pro choice movement would not have opposed them as they did. They would have embraced them.
To claim as you have that the pro choicers did not oppose these laws, is engaging in revisionist history.

Pay attention.
But then again, without something to protect and for which to punish anyone, what's the point of the punishment?
Strictly punitive. Pay attention.
Doc, you can't prove it's wrong, so stop trying. As I've stated herein, FHLs exist for the protection of a woman's right to carry a wanted pregnancy to term by the vehicle of providing for additional punishment against the perpetrator, in the hopes of deterring violence against pregnant women. Not women by and for themselves, but PREGNANT women.

And, since FHLs isolate pregnant women from non-pregnant women, the only way to validate them is to designate the fetus as a separate victim, for the sole purpose of the illegal termination of a presumed wanted pregnancy.
No, that is NOT the only way. See above.
J Connor

Dallas, TX

#278263 Jan 20, 2013
We are a group of military veterans and we support the right for mentally well balanced, adults to own a firearm if the wish to do so. We do not support mentally disturbed people having access to firearms, either as owners or someone else's firearm. This issues needs common sense, good judgement and or adult supervision. Our focus is on buying American and creating jobs for Americans, but this gun violence issue has to addressed and we have to accept that in order to make society a little safer, we gun owners have to start using better judgment with securing our firearms,(so they don't get easily stolen or picked up by someone in our household) and gun sales have to be limited to people who are sane enough to qualify for a job at the nuclear power plant. The The MMPI-2 is most commonly used by mental health professionals to assess and diagnose mental illness. The The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory or MMPI-2 has been utilized in other fields outside of clinical psychology. The test is often used in legal cases, including criminal defense and custody disputes. The test has also been used as screening instrument for certain professions, especially high risk jobs. We make it a LOT easier to find "Made in USA" products but find that some people still buy imported goods even though they know it cost Americans their job opportunities. Some people want government tariffs to control their purchase decisions for them. It might be the same with the 2nd Amendment...we might just need more adult supervision. John C. UnitedAmericanConsumer dot com

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278264 Jan 20, 2013
LTT wrote:
<quoted text>It's what will happen. They'll have the guns. They'll have their way! We will be sitting ducks, stool pigoens, and under siege. We will be a nation under hostage.
Another soap opera drama queen. Non-criminal people have plenty of guns...does this look like we're all living peacefully because of it? Or do I have to list for you all the mass shootings we've had even though plenty of citizens are legal gun owners.

Do you two rubes actually think we'll actually be living in some Utopia where criminals just stop killing because citizens own guns? Because citizens do own guns and criminals are still out there murdering.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#278265 Jan 20, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
And this:
Cops Shot, Corrections Worker Dead in NJ Police Station Shootout
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jersey-police-statio...
Oh and here is what happens when you have a bunch of responsible, legal, gun owners in one place:
UPDATED: 5 People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/19/1...
Isn't it too bad there were no people with guns around to prevent these senseless shootings?
Yes, and there was the well publicized story about the gun show in Massachusetts where a little boy lost control of his father's Uzi and blew his own head off. The father and the person running the gun show were "responsible" legal gun owners. I showed Seattle a story about a "responsible" gun owner who mistook a little girl for a skunk and shot and killed her.

I could dig these kinds of stories up all day, but the point is that responsible, decent people legally own guns and not only do we still have crimes and murders (including public mass murders) but we also have stupid senseless accidents that result in deaths.

Their vision of gun-toting citizens deterring crimes clearly is not at all realistic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,156,684
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr DoNotUnderstandMo... 19,576
V. Williams wins 4th Wimbledon title (Jul '07) 20 hr proudblkgirl 19
In pain, need help 23 hr alwaysLooking00 1
Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Sun Onehastowonder 6
A kiss is still ... an issue for Bollywood actr... (Sep '07) Sat roxy 5
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Dec 25 anermagicman 104
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:27 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 6:27PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win
NBC Sports 9:10 PM
How much trouble would Steelers be in without Le'Veon Bell?
NBC Sports 9:15 PM
Dungy and Harrison preview Steelers-Ravens
Bleacher Report 9:42 PM
What's Next for Steelers Offense After Bell's Injury?
NBC Sports10:59 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports