Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#278271 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Don't hate, baby. I'm not the one who brought up the subject of caregiving. It was one of you PLs. Try to keep your sour grapes in check.
Hate ? Why would someone who urges others to "not take everything so seriously"....see hate in the most innocuous of statements ?
I wuv your nurse stories.

C'mon.....now it's been 20 minutes.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278272 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the end.....my only friend....the end.
Ride the highway west baby.
:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#278274 Jan 20, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
almost all the liberals on here, actually.......ask them, most every one believes its not a person until birth........ive debated them on it, they're nuts
Doesn't matter whether they believe it's a person, I asked who on here supports elective abortions up to the day before delivery?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278273 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie was infamous for her "FOAD"'s and calling people AH's. I guess it's OK when you call people names disguised as acronyms.
But call her delusional and watch her get all bent outta shape at the vile "name callers".
As if you or any other PLer hasn't called names? You don't think it's funny when I resort to calling you "name caller"? It's better than AH, isn't it?

Elise gave great advice; don't hate, Doc.
It's a new year. Make the best of it :)
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278275 Jan 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that, liar. I never said anything about taking guns away from decent people either, Liar.
Why don't you actually try comprehending what you read for once.
What do you mean, "...try comprehending..."? You're asking for the impossible.

I think you're right with your analogy for comparison of stopping drunk driving by having everyone drive drunk. Ahhh the good ol' days, LNM. Raising your open beer to the cop driving along side you, racing with you down the highway... Good times, man.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#278276 Jan 20, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate ? Why would someone who urges others to "not take everything so seriously"....see hate in the most innocuous of statements ?
I wuv your nurse stories.
C'mon.....now it's been 20 minutes.
20 minutes? Hmmm, distorted sense of time, I see. Did your little vacation involve a brain injury? Que malo:-( Anyway, abuelito, at least my stories are true. That's not something you can say with honesty about you and your clan.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278277 Jan 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and there was the well publicized story about the gun show in Massachusetts where a little boy lost control of his father's Uzi and blew his own head off. The father and the person running the gun show were "responsible" legal gun owners. I showed Seattle a story about a "responsible" gun owner who mistook a little girl for a skunk and shot and killed her.
I could dig these kinds of stories up all day, but the point is that responsible, decent people legally own guns and not only do we still have crimes and murders (including public mass murders) but we also have stupid senseless accidents that result in deaths.
Their vision of gun-toting citizens deterring crimes clearly is not at all realistic.
Two from last March --
"3-year-old boy in Wash. kills self with gun in car"
"It was western Washington's third recent shooting by a child."
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/201774...

Cop's kid kills sibling --
"STANWOOD, Wash. The 7-year-old daughter of a Marysville police officer died Sunday after being shot by her young sibling on Saturday.

Police say at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday, two children were left alone in a van parked just off Highway 532 in Stanwood."
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Child-reporte...

Both preventable.

Atrisco Village

#278278 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you or any other PLer hasn't called names? You don't think it's funny when I resort to calling you "name caller"? It's better than AH, isn't it?
It's a new year. Make the best of it :)
Doc is stuck in his very own little time warp. He thinks it's still 1980. I bet he wears a polyester suit. Be kind;-)
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#278279 Jan 20, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
The right of the people to bear and keep arms..Congress shall make no law infringing on.
Stop the parsing words, ya crazy old Zionist kutt. Ya know I love ya.
Where does it say they can take you rright away of you are not a felon?
Stick with Chicadee, shamelessly trying to make the Newton tagedy all about her and her pro-abortion anti-gun political agenda. No class, like the rest of the pagans..
Parsing is the tactic of strict interpretationists. I'm using their logic against them.
1)Where does the Constitution say that a felon cannot bear and keep arms.

2) Where does the Constitution say that a state cannot enact laws infringing on the rights to bear and keep arms.
You're a defender of states rights. Yes or no?

3) Where does is say that people can't buy a cannon?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278280 Jan 20, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter whether they believe it's a person, I asked who on here supports elective abortions up to the day before delivery?
Aren't they illegal at that point anyway? Do these people ever think anything through?

Location hidden

#278281 Jan 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I geuss since there have been cases where babies were born during an abrtion attempt, then some one does.
You mean you assume. How many cases of born alive abortions have there been in the past 10 years since the Born Alive Infants Act? How many cases could there possibly be of infants being born alive during a legal abortion if 90+ percent of abortions occur in the first trimester?
Gtown71 wrote:
So how about 2 days before?
3?
A week?
How about it? You're making the assumption not me.
Gtown71 wrote:
Most on here so far don't believe the life inside the womb is a baby until birth, so not sure what answer you are looking for.
Well when you believe a fetus in utero is a person, or a human being with equal rights or rights that usurp the person (mom) it is inside of then I would have to agree that it isn't a baby (person, human being) until it's born.
Gtown71 wrote:
-on the other comment.
I never said kill as many as I could before I found religion.
I found God, or better yet -God found me.
Ok you said before you were saved you would have killed as many as you could. My mistake.
"I would not kill cops, if they came to take my guns, but before I was saved 13 years ago -I would've killed as many as possible, and many many people would do just that, before the cops kill them WITH GUNS!!!"
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#278282 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Doc is stuck in his very own little time warp. He thinks it's still 1980. I bet he wears a polyester suit. Be kind;-)
His running suit! LOLOL

“Game on !”

nyc

#278283 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you or any other PLer hasn't called names?[/QUOTe]

I never said we didn't.

[QUOTE]You don't think it's funny when I resort to calling you "name caller"?
Actually I do think it's funny....and hypocritical that you would call others "name caller" when you are one of the worst offenders.
It's better than AH, isn't it?
It's all relative.
The story telling nurse needs to heed her own advice. When you see hate where there is none, it's clear you are the one with the problem.

Atrisco Village

#278284 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
His running suit! LOLOL
Except, instead of running in it, he wears it to the VFW on Friday nights.

Location hidden

#278285 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Two from last March --
"3-year-old boy in Wash. kills self with gun in car"
"It was western Washington's third recent shooting by a child."
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/201774...
Cop's kid kills sibling --
"STANWOOD, Wash. The 7-year-old daughter of a Marysville police officer died Sunday after being shot by her young sibling on Saturday.
Police say at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday, two children were left alone in a van parked just off Highway 532 in Stanwood."
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Child-reporte...
Both preventable.
Were there any charges in any of these cases?

“Game on !”

nyc

#278286 Jan 20, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>20 minutes? Hmmm, distorted sense of time, I see. Did your little vacation involve a brain injury? Que malo:-( Anyway, abuelito, at least my stories are true. That's not something you can say with honesty about you and your clan.
Now it's been 30 minutes +( that better ?).

C'mon.....let's go. You've never needed this much prodding before.
Hell....a comment about the weather would elicit one of your nurse related monologues.
Gtown71

United States

#278287 Jan 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
And why did you say that in the first place, goofy, because I raise the topic of the HARDSHIPS of motherhood, which the anti-choice crowd doesn't want mentioned to girls/women who aren't mothers yet?
My guess; that's exactly why you LIED. You got pissed that I broke some kind of unwritten "rule" that you all made up, so you LIED about my being a bad mother to get even. Nice try, but since I don't worry what anti-choice imbeciles think about me, your attempt at insult fell far short of the target.
I said women who look at being a mother as only hard work, and as only something that takes away all of "their " free time, would be a bad mother.
Just like a person who has a dog caged up, and throws them alittle food and water sometimes, but no love, petting, or anything else would be a bad dog owner.

I also addressed this, and said I was sorry before you even seen it, so whatever ocean.

You say I'm stuck back in time?
I geuss your idea of the ideal family would be the powerful smart woman goes out to work, and the dad stays home, and takes care of the baby -cooks meals -cleans house -washes chlothes -has supper waiting for his wife when she gets home, and all else included in being a house mama???

Would that be ok with you, if A MAN did all of this womans work??
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#278288 Jan 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Wo said you couldn't hire a bodyguard?
<quoted text>
what? who in the middle or lower middle class has that kind of money? plus, forget body guards, who can hire security detail in front of their gate adjacent to their acre sized front lawn......oh wait, most dont have that..........
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#278289 Jan 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky doesn't want to criminalize owning weapons like you want to criminalize abortion. Chicky wants the weapon-owning regulated like abortion is currently regulated.
I think, based on your PLM, you are afraid Chicky is trying to do to guns just exactly what you're trying to do with abortion.
But, as usual, you're wrong.
Here's a towel for your drool... it's being flung across the screen.
oh BS! first, Chicky DOES want them outright banned, she's a lunatic........read what she's been saying to me

second, i never said i wanted abortion banned OURTRIGHT, why do u ppl keep assuming that ?
Gtown71

United States

#278290 Jan 20, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Parsing is the tactic of strict interpretationists. I'm using their logic against them.
1)Where does the Constitution say that a felon cannot bear and keep arms.
2) Where does the Constitution say that a state cannot enact laws infringing on the rights to bear and keep arms.
You're a defender of states rights. Yes or no?
3) Where does is say that people can't buy a cannon?
It doesn't say where they can't. Nor does it say felons can't. I have a friend that is a felon, becouse when he was 18 , he and his buddies rode around throws bottles at signs and street lights, and they broke enough street lights out, that cost to be repaired enough money 500 bucks, that made him a felon.
Most people don't think about a felon like this, they think of the Big Bag wolf man.

Many people owned cannons when this was written up. Many still do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Yeah 1,251,712
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 2 hr police corruption 627
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Julia 20,063
News Police: 50-year-old man dead after shooting in ... 5 hr reality is a crutch 1
News 7 great reasons to visit Baltimore this summer Fri Okay 1
News When spouse doesn't want sex, what are the poss... (Jun '08) Fri _Curious_Guy_ 983
News More art in Baltimore's public places addresses... Fri reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages