Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318350 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Seattle, WA

#275982 Jan 11, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls ARE forced to have abortions, by fathers or boyfriends etc. To deny that would be a lie.
Abortion being legal does allow for that type of abuse to go unreported. Abuse OFTEN goes unreported and that's because of fear of the consequences of reporting it.
"Don't like abortion, don't have one."
Don't like stabbing people, don't do it. But by golly, how dare anyone make a law to stop others from doing it.
That's how what you said sounds to sensible people.
Girls are NOT legally forced to abort in this country. Girls have recourse in this country. Like the FHLs in some states. To say or believe otherwise is not the least bit "sensible".

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#275983 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a right to your opinion.
I have a right to mine.
Yes, you do have a right to your uneducated, uninformed, mind bogglingly ignorant, non-factual and unsubstantiated opinions. Absolutely, Toots.

What you don't have a right to is to state your opinions as though they're facts. You do that a lot, and in my educated opinion, it makes you look stupid.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275984 Jan 11, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh stop, you Drama Queen. I'm not saying anything to you that you haven't been saying about the human life/child/human being in utero.
Weird how you don't like what you say about other human beings,(the ones in utero) being said about you. That human life is NOT just a "useless wad of cells", and it IS belittling, whether you know that human life or not. That's the point and your posts to me getting all defensive about what I've posted to you proves it.
Here's YOUR senseless logic again:
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"No, you needed to clarify it and you have.
I do not think someone referring, in general, to a stranger's unknown ZEF, as a "useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone.
The stranger is an unknown, as is the ZEF. And whatever that stranger determines her ZEF to be is what matters. Somebody else's opinion means squat. Even if that somebody else reveres the ZEF and refers to it as a baby or doesn't give it a second thought and refers to it as a "useless wad of cells." "
You ARE an unknown, and stranger to me, and what I say about you is as non-belittling to you,(according to your "stranger" logic), as what you say about a fetus you don't know is. Deal with that, Toots.
Again, I may be unknown to you, but I am not an UNKNOWN QUANTITY. Even if my person is nothing more to you than a bunch of words, these words are considered a KNOWN QUANTITY to you based on the fact we write and respond to posts from each other.

Perhaps, if you correctly keep the words in the phrase together, it will make sense and you will properly comprehend it. You gotta do your own work. Nobody can do it for you.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275985 Jan 11, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You call it stalemate because you can't ever see how ignorant you are, even when FACTS prove you are.
Ha! Look who's saying so!

LOLOLOL
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#275986 Jan 11, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
I do remember. Did you see where Bitter claimed an infant could "reach" viability with medical assistance ?
How can a non viable infant "reach" viability when by definition a non viable infant cannot survive no matter what medical assistance is provided ? A fact she acknowledged later in the very same post.
You can't make up stupidity such as that.
The other day someone cited a Youtube of a baby who survived by tubes and died in a short time. Was that baby viable?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275987 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you needed to clarify it and you have.
I do not think someone referring, in general, to a stranger's unknown ZEF, as a "useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone.
The stranger is an unknown, as is the ZEF. And whatever that stranger determines her ZEF to be is what matters. Somebody else's opinion means squat. Even if that somebody else reveres the ZEF and refers to it as a baby or doesn't give it a second thought and refers to it as a "useless wad of cells."
While slavery was legal, referring to blacks with racist slurs might not have seemed offensive to bigots and slave owners, however referring to blacks with racist slurs was still just as offensive then, as it is today. Even though baby killing is legal today, and even though referring to their victims with ageist slurs might not seem offensive to bigots and baby-killers, referring to the young with derogitory ageist slurs is still offensive. How can blacks take such offense from racist slurs, while taking no offense from ageist slurs? Was freeing the blacks such a wise thing to do, since they are obviously incapable of respecting the dignity of others?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275988 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Whooboy ...(male) was in reference to NR's claim of "granddaughter".
Again, thank you for provided such a wonderful example of your awful comprehension skills. This time, it did surprise me.
"Whooboy ...(male) was in reference to NR's claim of "granddaughter". "

Hol cow, Katie. You really think everybody is STUPID like you.

Newsflash, we're not all like you. Some of us actually CAN read for comprehension, and you keep displaying examples of someone who can't, thinking you're saying it about someone who does understand. lol

I know what it was in reference to. It doesn't matter and doesn't change the fact that your wording in reply was STUPID and senseless.

NR claimed "granddaughter. The sensible reply would be your statiung the facts about your "lost SON in utero". Not "lost pregnancy" that was "male", you ignorant buffoon.

Oh, and in other posts you've made references to my "name calling", and it falls on deaf ears. You don't say a word to PC about the[obscene & profane] names they call us, to which many of us reply with name calling, but I never do it in kind.
Bad speller, no. Bad typer; guilty. I have slip of the finger and don't proof-read syndrome, and it's something I accept. If you can't accept it, sucks to be you. There are so many more important things to concern yourself with than whether or not my fingers slip and I don't proof read before posting, such as your mind boggling ignorance. If only you knew better than to post on topics you don't have any real knowledge about.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275990 Jan 11, 2013
Why should anyone care about your argument when you can't even tell who you are arguing with?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeter: "Pain is not subjective. Ask anyone you know to stick their hand in an active fireplace, and everyone will experience the same pain."
If I have to ask them about their pain, I'm seeking a subjective report.
(unbelievable)
Research is gaining insight into thalamic involvement in pain perception, along with the cortical subplate zone.(Pain peception no later than 20 weeks gestation....likely sooner....thus, the multiple-state abortion pain laws.....learn more.)

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275989 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it wasn't the point. Maybe you should go back to the full sentence and properly diagram it in order to correctly comprehend the message given to CD. The portion you quoted is mismatched anyway.
Katie wrote to CD: I hope you know there is no deceased granddaughter, CD. And that I offered for NR to refer to my lost pregnancy (a male), but he hasn't. Yet.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
You're a mess.

I understood it all perfectly the first time I read it all. You just don't know when your stupidity posted is being mocked, you mental case.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#275991 Jan 11, 2013
"lil Lily"
What am I saying; the ignorance of ALL you pro-choicers posting in this thread is beyond the pale. Totally unacceptable ignorance for adults

how about your anti choice spew? thats pretty ignorant,[email protected]# self proclaimed do gooders
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275992 Jan 11, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I have complete bodily autonomy and ALL without ever needing to have any of my unborn children killed. That's because bodily autonomy is about MY body. Imagine that.
If we had bodily autonomy we would be free to put heroin, or marijuana, or any other drug into to our bodies without fear of legal repercussion. Obviously we don't have bodily autonomy. How can you claim to have the right to kill your victims, because of your bodily autonomy, when in fact we don't have bodily autonomy? Besides which, bodily autonomy doesn't nor ever has given anyone the right to kill babies.

Indianapolis

#275993 Jan 11, 2013
Feel free to link to the post in which I made the quote you attribute to me. Or admit you're a lying horsesucker.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "...my lost pregnancy (a male)..."
Lily: "You think a "pregnancy" has a gender? Wow. Just...wow."
cPeter: "Yeah, I have a male pregnancy."
NR: "No cases of back door Peteys conceiving anything but a bowel movement."

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#275994 Jan 11, 2013
"lil Lily"
and in my educated opinion,

now i have to clean my monitor,there should have been a spew alert on that post

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275995 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls are NOT legally forced to abort in this country. Girls have recourse in this country. Like the FHLs in some states. To say or believe otherwise is not the least bit "sensible".
Who said anything about them being "legally" forced? I didn't. I said they ARE FORCED. You said, "Don't like abortion, don't have one" and said no one is forced to have an abortion.

I stated a fact that many ARE forced. FACT. Your claim that no one is forced to have an abortion is wrong.

My point made. Your reply; irrelevant.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275996 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I may be unknown to you, but I am not an UNKNOWN QUANTITY. Even if my person is nothing more to you than a bunch of words, these words are considered a KNOWN QUANTITY to you based on the fact we write and respond to posts from each other.
Perhaps, if you correctly keep the words in the phrase together, it will make sense and you will properly comprehend it. You gotta do your own work. Nobody can do it for you.
"Again, I may be unknown to you, but I am not an UNKNOWN QUANTITY."

You're a stranger to me. I wouldn't know you if I met you face to face on the street or heard your voice on the phone. You are an unknown to me. Just as unknown as any stranger and their fetus is to you. I may be familiar with the mind boggling stupid posted under that moniker "Katie" but you, the person; stranger. Unknown.

You can go to FB, and "friend" some celebrity, read their posts, make posts back and you STILL are a stranger to that person. You're still an unknown to that celebrity. Many times people think they're posting to celebrities and they're posting to some other unknown entity. lol

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275997 Jan 11, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Look who's saying so!
LOLOLOL
Yes, look who's saying so. A person who has a habit of proving the claims she makes.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#275998 Jan 11, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
If we had bodily autonomy we would be free to put heroin, or marijuana, or any other drug into to our bodies without fear of legal repercussion. Obviously we don't have bodily autonomy. How can you claim to have the right to kill your victims, because of your bodily autonomy, when in fact we don't have bodily autonomy? Besides which, bodily autonomy doesn't nor ever has given anyone the right to kill babies.
"If we had bodily autonomy we would be free to put heroin, or marijuana, or any other drug into to our bodies without fear of legal repercussion. Obviously we don't have bodily autonomy."

Good point.

"How can you claim to have the right to kill your victims, because of your bodily autonomy, when in fact we don't have bodily autonomy?"

I'm assuming you're using the word "you" collectively and not directing that specifically to me since i don't make that claim.

Indianapolis

#275999 Jan 11, 2013
1) http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topic...

2) BIID is a mental disorder; not wanting to be pregnant is not. In many cases, BIID can be treated. There have been some severe cases in which patients been able to find doctor a who will remove the limb or part. I have no problem with this, since the alternative in such cases is usually suicide.

3) If a fetus is part of her body, she clearly has the right to do with it as she wants. If it is not, she clearly has the right to remove it from her body. Try again.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Planned Parenhood says adoption is one of the choices? Give me a link to ONE source of Planned Parenthood having the word adoption in it. Good luck with that search. Now in terms of a woman having the right to do what she beleives can be in her body, it sounds like you don't have a problem with Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID) a disorder in which someone wants a bodypart removed from themself. Can't women have the right to remove whatever organ or limb is bothering her? Or are you going to deny her right to choose what to do with her body? After all it's none of your buisness. Let her decide what is best for HER body. It sounds as if you veiw a fetus as a bodypart. Is a fetus a bodypart? If not then you lost the argument because if a fetus isn't a bodypart, that means that it is SEPERATE from the mother in terms of organs, tissue, and an endoskeleton. Oh yeah, and don't forget a seperate heartbeat.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#276000 Jan 11, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
"lil Lily"
and in my educated opinion,
now i have to clean my monitor,there should have been a spew alert on that post
You PC seem to have a problem keeping food and drink in your mouths. You people "spew" on your monitors often.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#276001 Jan 11, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Your crass ageist bigotry is a blight upon humanity.
Okey dokey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 1,620,140
Juvenile facility (Montrose School or others) i... (Aug '06) 19 hr Crystal 422
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Raydot 21,288
News What the Black Lives Matter campaign gets wrong (Aug '15) Oct 16 im fair are you 49
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Oct 16 Phil 82
Income Based Rent? (Dec '06) Oct 14 BigNosedKate 156
Capital sex offender free in Baltimore. (May '15) Oct 11 Paul 45

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages