Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310372 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#274605 Jan 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And I presume a woman should endure the hardship of having an abusive husband?
"Can endure" is different than "must endure". If she doresn't wish to "endure" suffering and has alternatives, she doesn't have to.
<quoted text>
No woman should stay married to a man who beats her and/or beats their children. That would be stupid and life-threatening.

But if what you mean by 'abusive' is defines as a man who doesn't always agree with his wife and agruments happen because of this, then I would say that a woman should stay married and learn to compromise with her husband. You can't always get what you want.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#274606 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You view pregnancy as punishment, I view it as something that is natural and good.
Also, ask most women if they would rather marry a 'real man' which I define as someone who works hard at everything he does and remains faithful to the woman he loves, or some handsome womanizer who cheats on her every chance he gets and then leaves her when his activities are finally revealed, and I bet that the vast majority of women who go with the real man.
Who said anything about infedelity?

What ARE you babbling about?

We've already noted that YOUR idea of a "real man" demands things of his wife.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274607 Jan 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then WHAT is your problem with Ocean promoting abstinence for teenaged girls by outlining the hardships they may face?
You are contradicting yourself.
Promoting abstinence is a good thing. We need to reduce teenage pregnancies in this nation. Yet, Ocean's solution to reducing teenage pregnancies is to scare teenage girls so much that they will immediately run out and get an abortion. She sends them the message that all the hardships they will have to endure will make them miserable for the rest of their lives.

What she should do is to tell them about all the hardships but also stress that if/when they do get pregnant that one option is to put their baby up for adoption or if you and your parents are up to it, go ahead and raise that child.
worships reality

AOL

#274608 Jan 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Do you not get that pregnancy is a HUGE drain on the woman's system? Treating a serious condition may not be possible or effective while her body is shunting resources to the fetus. It's HER choice to concentrate on her healthcare regardless of being pregnant or not.
<quoted text>
tell you what--you get pregnant and then tell us what it's like.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274609 Jan 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about infedelity?
What ARE you babbling about?
We've already noted that YOUR idea of a "real man" demands things of his wife.
I have been trying to make a case that this world needs more 'real men' who work hard at making their marriage last and who loves and supports their children.

If there were more 'real men' in this world, this would reduce abortions because women could count on their man to love and support any unexpected pregnancies.

Unless of course the woman doesn't want any more children or is not up to the challenge of pregnancy and putting it up for adoption. Sadly you can't make a woman do the right thing, she is free to make bad decisions, like having an abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#274610 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Promoting abstinence is a good thing. We need to reduce teenage pregnancies in this nation. Yet, Ocean's solution to reducing teenage pregnancies is to scare teenage girls so much that they will immediately run out and get an abortion. She sends them the message that all the hardships they will have to endure will make them miserable for the rest of their lives.
What she should do is to tell them about all the hardships but also stress that if/when they do get pregnant that one option is to put their baby up for adoption or if you and your parents are up to it, go ahead and raise that child.
You're babbling again. She advocating that they think twice BEFORE having sex, and you idiots are arguing with her about it.

Tell me, if warning teenaged girls about the hardships of being a teenaged mother is so bad, why aren't you out protesting at schools that send teenaged girls home with the life-like babydolls designed to teach them the very same thing?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#274611 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been trying to make a case that this world needs more 'real men' who work hard at making their marriage last and who loves and supports their children.
If there were more 'real men' in this world, this would reduce abortions because women could count on their man to love and support any unexpected pregnancies.
Unless of course the woman doesn't want any more children or is not up to the challenge of pregnancy and putting it up for adoption. Sadly you can't make a woman do the right thing, she is free to make bad decisions, like having an abortion.
And Cpeter's point is that the phrase "real man" is subjective, not objective.

You are assuming that no married couple makes this decision together, apparently. There is no reason to do so.

Your opinion about what constitutes a "good" decision is ALSO subjective.

Again, we've all noted that YOUR idea of a "real man" DEMANDS his wife not wear certain clothing just because some other man might "hit on her", as though he owns her.

Like I said, thankfully misogynistic men like you are a dying breed.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274612 Jan 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're babbling again. She advocating that they think twice BEFORE having sex, and you idiots are arguing with her about it.
Tell me, if warning teenaged girls about the hardships of being a teenaged mother is so bad, why aren't you out protesting at schools that send teenaged girls home with the life-like babydolls designed to teach them the very same thing?
I don't know. By sending them home with life-like babydolls this may actually encourage them to keep and raise a baby if they were to have one. So, I'm not against this.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274614 Jan 5, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I never thought you were anti-choice. I once commented that you posted that a woman's choice was between she and her God.
That's the position of all pro-choicers.
g, I have said in the past that the consequences of any decsion a person makes that is considered sin is between that person and God. A woman who kills her unboprn child will have to answer to
God. God is all lovng and all merciful. I as a Christian can say she has sinned, and she has. As to her judgement, that neither I nor anyone can know. If the circumstances are as dire as some folks portray I trust God will be merciful but just.

That is not always what the proabortion pagans want to hear. They like to play up the 1% of abortions due to rape incest and the "real life" of the mother. They downplay the vast majority of abortions that are more like cosmetic surgery for women. If you support that fine, that is your position and fits nicely woth the heathen views of paganiusm but not with any og the Faiths derived from Abraham.

As the Pasor pointed out most Faiths, inclusding Judaism abhor abortion. In fact jews I have asked had varied responses jusy like Christians. One Jew told me are Faith seems to vary from one synagogue to another. However, abortion on demand is not something most jews are confortable with. I never said that Jews push their beliefs on others. The only folks attacking religion are the pagans. They have a sick and deep seated hatred of Christianity and use this abortion forum as a way to attack Chrisitians and Christianity. They should seek out therapy. However, I have seen Jews at anti-abortion rallies and especially opposed to gay marrtiage, ehich they consider an abomination.

The proabortion pagans and faux Jews(not you),like to play the Christian hate card to blow smoke over the main topic. That being, "Do you beleive someone should be able to get an abortion on demand?" Also, "Is an abortion the killing of an nborn child?". We all give are opinions of that.

Some like Vlady are honest and say yes, others like foofool say no but then yes but no. If you suppoert a weoman's chloice to abort, then you support her cholice period. If you then say I don't support her choice if I don't agree with the timeline, you do not support her choice and are not pro-choice.

Pastor b, gave a great account of the Jewish position and cd and the food have been backpedaling ever since.

Sadly, like their pagan queen, biter, they want the cool modern ability to say they support a woman's "choice" but not the choice she makes. they also like to say they support a woman's choice, but only if it conforms to their "timeline".

So I submit that dispite all the verbiage they like to throw around, they are nothing but proabort pagans that may happen to be involved in a Chritian or jewish Faith but not really of their respective Faith.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274615 Jan 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The difference is that judaism doesn't push its opinions on non-jews. You don't see jewish groups yelling hateful things at women going into clinics, or shooting or bombing medical personnel. They don't demand laws outlawing legal, safe abortion.
Even among its own members, there is no rancor towards women who act on their own conscience.
<quoted text>
Actually I have. Especially at courthouses regarding jay marriage. Come on Vlady you know that, don't become a mindless hatebot like the other pagans, you are better than that.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274616 Jan 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And Cpeter's point is that the phrase "real man" is subjective, not objective.
You are assuming that no married couple makes this decision together, apparently. There is no reason to do so.
Your opinion about what constitutes a "good" decision is ALSO subjective.
Again, we've all noted that YOUR idea of a "real man" DEMANDS his wife not wear certain clothing just because some other man might "hit on her", as though he owns her.
Like I said, thankfully misogynistic men like you are a dying breed.
Why is it so wrong for us 'misogynistic men' to try to reduce the odds of our wives getting involved with another man and getting impregnated by another man?

I think all cheating starts with a man liking what he sees and a woman liking what she sees. A wife dressing up sexy and then going out into out into public alone, like going shopping, will trigger a sexual response in all the men that she will encounter/pass by.

If a handsome guy starts flirting with her, she will be flattered by this, and she will likely start flirting back. Boom. It begins.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#274617 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. By sending them home with life-like babydolls this may actually encourage them to keep and raise a baby if they were to have one. So, I'm not against this.
The program is designed to discourage girls from having sex by showing them the hardships of motherhood, Moron.

You are an idiot.

We're not talking about abortion here, but abstaining from sex.

“Never look back unless”

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#274618 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a failed experiment. The teen brain is wired uniquely.

http://center4research.org/medical-care-for-a...

As we all know by now, discouraging teens from sexual experimentation and suffering likely consequences, benefits society. Now how best to get that message across? Abortion is drastic, permanent, and imo should be avoided when possible.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#274619 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so wrong for us 'misogynistic men' to try to reduce the odds of our wives getting involved with another man and getting impregnated by another man?
I think all cheating starts with a man liking what he sees and a woman liking what she sees. A wife dressing up sexy and then going out into out into public alone, like going shopping, will trigger a sexual response in all the men that she will encounter/pass by.
If a handsome guy starts flirting with her, she will be flattered by this, and she will likely start flirting back. Boom. It begins.
There is SO much wrong here, I'm not sure where to begin.

You ASSume your wife will, not only 'flirt back', but will have sex with any man that just happens to hit on her, and then get pregnant by him? Really, BS?

Well, I'm sorry you can't trust your own wife, but you've missed the point. A man doesn't own his wife, and can't DEMAND she dress a certain way. Your idea of a "real man" is a tyrant.

You continue to prove you're a misogynist, mentally stuck in the 50s, clueless about the present.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274620 Jan 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The program is designed to discourage girls from having sex by showing them the hardships of motherhood, Moron.
You are an idiot.
We're not talking about abortion here, but abstaining from sex.
I think the best deterrent to having sex is to require that teenage girls (and boys) change dirty diapers.

Maybe our high schools could set up a classroom a few times a year which would have actual mothers and their babies spending a whole day in that classroom. All the students would be required to change one of the babies' diapers and try to get the babies to stop crying. Of course their mothers would be standing over the student's shoulders making sure she/he is doing it right.

Now for this to work though, you would have to take away the option of having an abortion until they are 18 years old. Otherwise, after taking this class they will just think to themselves, "I ain't worried about having to change diapers because I'll just abort the damn thing."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#274621 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the best deterrent to having sex is to require that teenage girls (and boys) change dirty diapers.
Maybe our high schools could set up a classroom a few times a year which would have actual mothers and their babies spending a whole day in that classroom. All the students would be required to change one of the babies' diapers and try to get the babies to stop crying. Of course their mothers would be standing over the student's shoulders making sure she/he is doing it right.
Now for this to work though, you would have to take away the option of having an abortion until they are 18 years old. Otherwise, after taking this class they will just think to themselves, "I ain't worried about having to change diapers because I'll just abort the damn thing."
You are also clueless about how teenaged girls think. As well as the program I spoke of, which does just that. And the fact that there are high schools that run daycare, with the students taking care of the kids under the teacher's supervision.

Again, this is not about abortion, but giving the girls a reason to abstain from having sex at all. This is a GOOD thing. Something Ocean has been promoting, and you, idiot that you are, keeps arguing with her about it.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274622 Jan 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is SO much wrong here, I'm not sure where to begin.
You ASSume your wife will, not only 'flirt back', but will have sex with any man that just happens to hit on her, and then get pregnant by him? Really, BS?
Well, I'm sorry you can't trust your own wife, but you've missed the point. A man doesn't own his wife, and can't DEMAND she dress a certain way. Your idea of a "real man" is a tyrant.
You continue to prove you're a misogynist, mentally stuck in the 50s, clueless about the present.
Let me clarify. For all the wives who have started an affair with a total stranger, it is likely that what enkindled the spark between them which led to them to start flirting, is that the woman was in a sexy outfit at the time.

Case in point, ask the women who have had affairs if their affair started just when she had got done running five miles in 90 degree weather and was standing there in baggy and sweaty workout clothes.

I doubt it. Its most likely that the affair started when she was wearing something which most men who deem 'sexy' and also had some nice perfume on.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274623 Jan 5, 2013
I meant to say '...would deem sexy...'

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274624 Jan 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also clueless about how teenaged girls think. As well as the program I spoke of, which does just that. And the fact that there are high schools that run daycare, with the students taking care of the kids under the teacher's supervision.
Again, this is not about abortion, but giving the girls a reason to abstain from having sex at all. This is a GOOD thing. Something Ocean has been promoting, and you, idiot that you are, keeps arguing with her about it.
I think we are just going to go round and round on this point.

I keep saying that its okay for Ocean to try to get teenage girls to abstain from sex but that she should also stress that if/when the girl gets pregnant, that one of the options is to have the baby and put it up for adoption.

I keep trying to point this out to you, but its goes in one eye and out the other.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#274625 Jan 5, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify. For all the wives who have started an affair with a total stranger, it is likely that what enkindled the spark between them which led to them to start flirting, is that the woman was in a sexy outfit at the time.
Case in point, ask the women who have had affairs if their affair started just when she had got done running five miles in 90 degree weather and was standing there in baggy and sweaty workout clothes.
I doubt it. Its most likely that the affair started when she was wearing something which most men who deem 'sexy' and also had some nice perfume on.
You are so f*cking clueless, it's not even funny.

So, in your narrow little world there are only two choices, sweaty and dirty, or wearing sexy clothes?

You haven't got the sense the Gods gave a doorknob.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Johnny 1,264,780
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 4 hr El Chapo 642
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Oh well 20,085
Black on black crime 20 hr Meesau Hawney 18
Stand By Police Should Disqualify Baltimore for... Mon Culture Auditor 1
News Presidential Candidates Who Ignore Race Are Mak... Mon Deserra 2
News Maryland Governor To Close Baltimore City Jail,... Sun reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages