Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
257,661 - 257,680 of 305,454 Comments Last updated 21 min ago
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#274267 Jan 3, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide one documented case of "demonic possession".
Look it up, we don't go around and say a person was possessed publicly , but there are cases out there like the little boy from Iowa which the Exorcist movie was based on. My former Bishop talked about how on a very hot summer day, a man was walking on the walls and hissing while the temp inside the house read twenty below. There are legit books out there about exorcisms.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274268 Jan 3, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you judging me, Hypocrite? Why don't you practice what you preach for once, okay? Shock us.
Maybe I am but from your own words. If you see ugly, your word, in a picture made for you by your child, then you aren't seeing it with your heart.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#274269 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
"God did it" is not the foundation if The Big Bang Theory, and since there's no evidence there is a God, he "probably" didn't do it.
And what do you mean "a big bang works for us"? Us being Christians? I never, ever met a Christian that believed in The Big Bang Theory...in any way.
LOL, the priest who invented the big bang theory IS A CHRISTIAN, LOL. Catholic Hospitals are famous for heart transplants and new ways to cure cancer, there is just a little bit of science needed, LOL!
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#274270 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are wise, they would say Amen, if not they would give me pills, or theapy, or both :)
Well, a sense of humor is always a good thing :)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274271 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Ask Bobby. He will tell you the truth. As wackie as that guy is,he at least is honest enough to tell us what *I* have been saying all along-coming STRAIGHT from the word of God in the bible,Rabbis,and quite a few Jewish friends.
YOU support killing as choice. Judaism doesn't. You CLEARLY are not a "practicing Jew".
I have posted from many Jewish sites about Jewish teaching on abortion and nowhere does it say they agree with abortion on demand. I see that it is only allowed if the mother's live or health is in danger and only after consultation with family and Rabbi. It isn't taken lightly.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274272 Jan 3, 2013
Except that NO sect has shown that the bible is anything more than a work of fiction.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you as a non arrogant person accepts that he may be right in his opinion and it holds as much value as your's.
Hope I spelled everything right.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274273 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
So do you celebrate St. Nicholas Day on December 6th?
You're thinking of the three kings.

Indianapolis

#274274 Jan 3, 2013
And I doubt toddlers were in full party mode.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to re-read the part of the Bible that tells the story of what happens to the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to know exactly what happened and why, but I believe God destroyed those two cities because of the people were in a constant 'party' mode and partook in all sorts of sexual activities, including homosexuality.
There was no respect for God's laws and people just did their own thing and they just didn't care about what God thought about them until it was too late.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274275 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the memo from the first time you asked?
Lets repeat. Fk you.
When I am speaking to someone for whom I have respect, someone that actually IS a Christian, I will show the respect the title of the faith is due.
When speaking to the likes of you that shows no respect for your OWN claimed faith, you can fk off.
""""When I am speaking to someone for whom I have respect, someone that actually IS a Christian, I will show the respect the title of the faith is due"""" "

Your "wife" and your daughter are Christians and you continually show such disrespect for their religion. You mock their faith.

You simply cannot help but to put your foot in your mouth,can you?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#274276 Jan 3, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up, we don't go around and say a person was possessed publicly , but there are cases out there like the little boy from Iowa which the Exorcist movie was based on. My former Bishop talked about how on a very hot summer day, a man was walking on the walls and hissing while the temp inside the house read twenty below. There are legit books out there about exorcisms.
The Exorcist was never a f'n documentary. It's based on a boy from the Maryland area. And there's a lot of info out there showing how the book and movie came to be made, how these were loosely based on real events. Loosely based does not mean it's a documentary.

Personally, I don't believe in demonic possession. I think people have mental illness left untreated and they're behavior gets bizarre. That's why I think it's important to study the brains of people during life and after their deaths. For too long, brain activity has been denied while external forces have gotten credit.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274277 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the first time I asked...do you ever lie?(not including Santa)
LOL

If I say no, you will call me a liar. That's a no win question.

Indianapolis

#274278 Jan 3, 2013
Wicca has nothing to do with demons; those are christian inventions.
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is all about rebellion, he went after God, you know and lost . There are more and more demonic possessions thanks to people like Bitner who throw their faith away and join witch groups like *wicca*.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#274279 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I believe you claimed the "most famous" scientists were Jesuits. Cpeter listed the "most famous" scientists and none of them were Jesuits.
If those are the most famous scientists, then my two brothers are famous musicians. They are respected and on some lists of jazz musicians, after all. Except most people do not know who the hell they are. Lol
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274280 Jan 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
First order of business. If you think you have a message of Jesus to share, share it by using people's correct screen names. Show respect to earn respect. Show disdain to earn disdain.
<quoted text>
Foo would understand her religion much better than I do. I find Judaism interesting and love learning about it. Just like I love learning about other religions.
My understanding is that fetal life is held as important, but not as important as the woman carrying it. This is opposite from Catholicism, which in words may agree with it, but in action (Ireland, Brazil, and other Catholic South American countries) shows the belief in the exact opposite. Woman's life is forfeit with a toxic pregnancy. Two deaths appropriate rather than one?
Foo believes women should be free to make their own decisions, has stated this repeatedly throughout the years we've posted together. Foo is not speaking of only Jewish women when she says this, but of all American women. Not all American women are Jewish.
Your histrionics take away from the topic, even if you think these are adding to it. jmo
<quoted text>
What is the problem here? You aren't comprehending the distinctions in what she's saying. It's because of your false beliefs regarding our PC arguments. You've attached faulty premises, decided these are truths, and continue from there instead of actually comprehending what was said the first (bazillion) time(s).
You make me laugh. Here foo(l)calls me skanky,yet you want ME to address her without the (L)added to foo to GAIN respect? Tell HER that okay? She IS a fool. Her contradicting posts prove that. I ,OTOH,am NOT a skank. Nevertheless,it bothers me not. I am not impressed by her maddawg personality.

Judaism forbids abortion on demand. Catholism does too. Even Muslims forbid abortion. I am against it. Foo is not. She,like you,support killing as choice. She is a fool to then claim to be a "practicing" Jew.

""""" Foo believes women should be free to make their own decisions""" """

I do too UNTIL that decision kills or hurts another.

As far as abortion,her religion FORBIDS that decision and foo doesn't care..hence,her stance.

The Catholic Church thinks ALL life is sacred-Mom and child. BOTH are valuable. BOTH deserve respect. BOTH are equal.

Once again,you focus on the RARE cases of actually a mother dying while pregnant to justify over 55 MILLION abortion in this country alone. Who are you trying to play here? Me? Don't be silly.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274281 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Except that NO sect has shown that the bible is anything more than a work of fiction.
<quoted text>
You know the Jews put down in writing all of the oral traditions and laws of their people. They believed in one God and He was very important to their existance as they saw it. As for the new testament it is comprised of the stories of Jesus' ministry. What He said and the way He said it was written from testamony of people who knew Him and people who knew someone who knew Him. Other parts of the new testament are letters from disciples to to the Greeks, Romans, Jews etc. There is historical refrence to Christ and Christians.

What would be the point for the Jews to write a work of fiction. Fiction wasn't popular back then.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274282 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Then going by what I see on here many of you Christians are "CLEARLY not practicing Catholics". You are Faux-Christians, nothing more.
I am indeed a practicing Catholic. I accept the RC teachings. I follow them.

Am I a sinner?

WHO isn't?

But what you are comparing here (between foo and me)is a person who follows what she wants,then CLAIMS to be a practicing Jew,when that is not possible. If she believed,followed EVERYTHING in her faith,but sinned and acknowledged her sin and sought forgiveness with the firm purpose of admendment,then she'd continue to be a practicing Jew.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#274283 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Are you evil if you punish your daughter? If you tell her that she won't be having desert tonight if she doesn't eat her dinner,are you an evil person? No.
If the punishment is not commensurate with the "offense," or of the punishment results in what statutes define as child abuse, I am. In addition, if I deny her desert because she didn't eat her dinner, and I've put more on her plate than I would eat, I am as well.
sassylicious wrote:
Sin is saying "no" to God. God gave us a free will to choose him. While he allows that,and all that goes with that,he surely doesn't condone it(read the bible,he is quite clear about that). Evil is not "of" God.
Evil is the opposite of good. Nothing more. Avoidance of sin and hell are the core of Christianity, not of Judaism. Truth be told, for a religion that proclaims the infamous "gospel of love," its core belief, FEAR OF ETERNAL DAMNATION, is a complete contradiction of the message it preaches.

Everything in life requires a balance. Evil is a necessary element of good. If there was only good in the world, it would be taken for granted. The purpose of evil is to accentuate the good G-d does for us. If Israel had not been taken into slavery in Egypt, there would have been no need to celebrate the freedom from bondage we celebrate at Passover. If Job had not experienced the trials he did, he would have never honored G-d as he did.

G-d allows evil to take place. Evil alone could not exist without G-d allowing it. In a twisted sort of way, evil is of G-d.

Atrisco Village

#274284 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be I missed it when you guys went off the track.
My original comment had nothing to do with original sin. In fact it doesn't relate to the conversation anyway.
The point was that little kids and tots will lie without having witnessed or even being aware of adult fibs. Still don't know it became such a big deal but not really a surprise.
No, that's just when you entered the convo. There is life before Ink, believe it or not. The original point of discussion whether infants are born with "sin." Apparently, you Xtians here think that babies are born with, not the skill, but the raw, sinful nature that motivates them to do wrong... lying was an example.

Atrisco Village

#274285 Jan 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your facts?
This I do know, when it comes to the bible -a person either must believe that every word was inspired by God, and perserved by God, or they will doubt all of it. Which is satans plan, to put doubt on Gods word.
Or, it's just bullsh*t:-D
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274286 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If those are the most famous scientists, then my two brothers are famous musicians. They are respected and on some lists of jazz musicians, after all. Except most people do not know who the hell they are. Lol
You can also go to wikipedia and other sites and find all the contributions to science made by Jesuits

The Jesuits in particular have made numerous significant contributions to the development of science. For example, the Jesuits have dedicated significant study to earthquakes, and seismology has been described as "the Jesuit science."[2][3] The Jesuits have been described as "the single most important contributor to experimental physics in the seventeenth century."[4] According to Jonathan Wright in his book God's Soldiers, by the eighteenth century the Jesuits had "contributed to the development of pendulum clocks, pantographs, barometers, reflecting telescopes and microscopes, to scientific fields as various as magnetism, optics and electricity. They observed, in some cases before anyone else, the colored bands on Jupiterís surface, the Andromeda nebula and Saturnís rings. They theorized about the circulation of the blood (independently of Harvey), the theoretical possibility of flight, the way the moon effected the tides, and the wave-like nature of light."[5]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,100,325
One Action Movie Can Damage a Mind for Life 3 hr Culture Auditor 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Truthforthought 18,870
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Thu Raptor in Michigan 120,152
Review: Dundalk Animal Hospital - Dennis G Fost... (Jan '09) Thu time 26
gay hookup in maryland Wed mdtowson 3
How can I find a active biker dating site ? Aug 26 kobe 1
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Baltimore People Search