Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,980
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#274198 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
PastorBob: "Judaism does not permit abortion on demand"
Foo says she's a practicing Jew. She supports abortion on demand.
Grumpy says he's a practicing Jew. He supports abortion on demand.
So..........
Hey, what about me? I feel left out here! LMAO!!

You say you're a practicing Catholic; yet you support hate, bigotry and everything your new testament doesn't stand for.

What's your excuse; you're not perfect, just forgiven? LMAO!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274199 Jan 3, 2013
Quick lesson for YOU--"grammAr", like it says in your link.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick English grammer lesson for you.
http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/nouns-prop...
We get your point about Jesus, foo.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#274200 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Rome was not built in a day, and the realization that abortion is murder will take a long time to materialize in hearts and minds of the American public. Yet I feel very confident that this realization will occur someday and then there will be wide support for the US Supreme Court to reverse the Roe vs Wade decision.
Abortion will be outlawed again in this nation. It is a great hope of mine that it occurs in my lifetime so I can witness it.
LOL, no it won't.

But you go ahead and hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#274201 Jan 3, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Every Satanist says what you post.
What an idiotic statement. A Satanist saying that Satan doesn't exist would be on par with a Christian saying Christ doesn't exist.

Are you really this stupid?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274202 Jan 3, 2013
I've done research on both subjects--and many more besides. It's my nature. You're parroting fundamentalist christian dogma and claiming it is fact. There are thousands of christian sects, all based on interpretation of the bible. Pretending your interpretation is the "correct" one is sheer arrogance.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you're wrong.
I also think you only know what you were taught, both on evolution, and on what you think the early church is and was.
I gave examples of evolution, so now "the church "
Some say the first christian church started about 140 years after the death of Jesus.
Many are taught the wrong thing, when it comes to evolution and Jesus Christ.
Many "churches " have Jesus in their sign, but far from their heart and teachings. Although I firmly believe that there are born again christians in every "church " denomination, many denominations teach everything BUT THE GOSPEL MESSAGE.
Satan is the god of this world, and has many religions -his most dangerous ones are those that claim Jesus, but teach the works of men.
They are not hard to spot, if any "church "is not lifting up Jesus Christ, as for your only hope, then they preach another gospel.
I was raised church of christ, untill age nine. They teach on being baptized "and being a good person -holding on to death.
Although, their are some true christians within the coc, their teachings are not of Christ, but the works of men.
Each church has their "steps " to heaven.
The more steps that is put between God and man, the less chance of ever having eternal life.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274203 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Quick lesson for YOU--"grammAr", like it says in your link.
<quoted text>
GrammAr That better?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#274204 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've done research on both subjects--and many more besides. It's my nature. You're parroting fundamentalist christian dogma and claiming it is fact. There are thousands of christian sects, all based on interpretation of the bible. Pretending your interpretation is the "correct" one is sheer arrogance.
<quoted text>
So you as a non arrogant person accepts that he may be right in his opinion and it holds as much value as your's.

Hope I spelled everything right.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274205 Jan 3, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
PastorBob: "Judaism does not permit abortion on demand"
Foo says she's a practicing Jew. She supports abortion on demand.
Grumpy says he's a practicing Jew. He supports abortion on demand.
So..........
I'm going to make an attempt of explaining this to you, in the hopes that you still have a neuron, or two, active in your brain.

It's interesting how you take the word of an atheist (no pun intended Bobby) to prove your theism and your bigotry towards Jews and Judaism.

Bobby's interpretation, while not entirely incorrect, leaves out a very important qualifying word (again, no disrespect to you Bobby); MAY.

Every person with an iota of knowledge of the English language knows that what a person "may," or "may not" do, isn't a testament to what can, or cannot be done, or to what is mandated, or is not mandated. Judaism teaches that while the unborn's life, as potential human life, is valuable and it "may not" be terminated "casually," the life of the unborn does not have as much value as a life in existence. As such, it isn't superior to the life of the mother.

Bobby's post expressly states that Judaism does not forbid abortion.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

And here is where the meaning of "may" hits the nail on the head; a woman "may" terminate her pregnancy by way of abortion, if on her own she determines that the abortion isn't being done as a "casual" way of controlling birth. Two examples of abortion being "casually" would be if a promiscuous single Jewish woman engaged in unprotected sex, got pregnant and didn't want to carry the pregnancy to term because she wanted to continue having sex with multiple partners, or if a woman had committed adultery and ended up pregnant from her adulterous affair and wanted an abortion so her husband would not find out about the affair. In both cases neither could have an abortion, under the caveat that Judaism does not forbid either from having an abortion.

Contrary to Catholicism, Judaism does not forbid birth control. In fact, the preferred form of birth control in Judaism, is the birth control pill. Judaism does, however, limit the type of birth control that can be used. Judaism teaches that any form of birth control that either destroys the man's "seed" or blocks its passage, is forbidden for the purpose of birth control. As such, with regard to birth control alone, condoms, diaphragms, and the like, are not permitted by Jewish law. However, many believe that if a man is infected with HIV or HSV II (and having an active outbreak of it) and is married, he "may" not abstain from sex. In the interest of preventing a spread of the infection, he can use a condom to have sex with his wife. Since Judaism teaches that sex is the woman's right and not the man's right, a man cannot deprive his wife of sex, if she asks for it. The opposite of this (if the woman was the one infected with HIV or HSV II and is having an active outbreak) is also true.

To surmise, Judaism does not forbid abortion and only restricts it so that it is not used as a "casual" means of avoiding carrying a pregnancy to term.

Hopefully you'll be in a better position to understand the meaning behind Bobby's post. In the alternative, you're welcome to do your own research on Judaism, if you believe I'm incorrect.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274206 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you as a non arrogant person accepts that he may be right in his opinion and it holds as much value as your's.
Hope I spelled everything right.
Spelling, perhaps. But, you still didn't follow proper grammar.

"So[,] as a non[-]arrogant person[,] you [accept] that he may be right in his opinion and it holds as much value as [yours].[I][h]ope I spelled everything right."

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#274207 Jan 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So all the kids killed in sodom and gomorrah, and the great flood, were justly executed? What sins did they commit?
"Catholic commandos"? More like "Ridiculous Christer Cretins." We don't need you to tell us about your superstitions.
<quoted text>
I would have to re-read the part of the Bible that tells the story of what happens to the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to know exactly what happened and why, but I believe God destroyed those two cities because of the people were in a constant 'party' mode and partook in all sorts of sexual activities, including homosexuality.

There was no respect for God's laws and people just did their own thing and they just didn't care about what God thought about them until it was too late.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274208 Jan 3, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
An intentionally set forest fire hardly qualifies as a "wild forest fire" dumbass.
So, follow the bouncing ball here;
Do-you-consider-a-wild-forest- fire,-meaning-one-that-is-set- by-nature-itself,-an-evil?
My bad, I misunderstood your original question.

Well, it depends upon a lot of things, like whether the lightning that starts a forest fire is an evil, and if the thunderstorm that created the lightning is a evil, and if the atmospheric conditions that favored the creation of the thunderstorm was evil.

After God created the Earth, He looked at it and said that it was good. So, if God thought that the Earth is good, then my answer is no, a forest fire set by nature is not evil.

“Never give up”

North Olmsted, OH

#274209 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I hope for a confession from George H.W. Bush and the Skull and Bones society with regard to their orchestration of the Kennedy assassination.
But, as true as it is for my hope never materializing, it is for yours as well.
Good luck though.
You'll find out about all the details concerning JFK when you get to Heaven and ask God about it or JFK himself.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274210 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad, I misunderstood your original question.
Well, it depends upon a lot of things, like whether the lightning that starts a forest fire is an evil, and if the thunderstorm that created the lightning is a evil, and if the atmospheric conditions that favored the creation of the thunderstorm was evil.
After God created the Earth, He looked at it and said that it was good. So, if God thought that the Earth is good, then my answer is no, a forest fire set by nature is not evil.
Yet, it is destructive and it has been known to displace many innocent victims out of their homes. It has even killed human and animal life. Are you sure you still see it as not an evil?
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274211 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? I certainly never said that.
I support the right of the woman to make her own CHOICE in the matter, that's about it.
If that womans choice is to electively kill,then you support that death/killing.

Judaism forbids it.

You don't. You want a woman to have that choice to keep or kill her child.

How can you say that you are a practicing Jew?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#274212 Jan 3, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll find out about all the details concerning JFK when you get to Heaven and ask God about it or JFK himself.
Well then, you're the first xtian who says I'm not going to hell. Can I quote you on that????
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274213 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I think them two and dumbdumb have forgotten about that bit about "more flies with honey...."
I can only imagine the stench in their house; sh*t and vinegar all over.
Who are you kidding here CD? "more flies with honey"? The truth is the truth and THAT is all that is being discussed here. It's not about anyone attempting to "catch" you.

I am not that prideful to think that *I* am doing the "catching" of anyone. God "catches" his creations,not me. Will he use me to speak the truth or defend another who is being victimized? Yes.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274215 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what he said MORON.
"Most Jews believe that abortions may be warranted." And that's true, which is why they dont want legislation making it illegal.
I know what he said. As per usual,you jump in head first in attack mode without actually comprehending what was said.

He is specifically making the false claim that "MOST JEWS BELIEVE THAT ABORTINS MAY BE WARRANTED" and that is false.

ALL practicing/authentic Jews don't support killing/abortion. In other words,those "most" that he is referring to are not practicing/authentic Jews.

Let me explain further. ALL practicing/authentic Catholics don't support killing/abortion as choice. A wishy washy-Catholic in name only,will claim "I am Catholic and although I would never abort,I would never tell another that they can't-so therefore,I want it to remain legal".

See?
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274216 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I don't, I don't, I didn't. There you go. Now, stop being jealous of my success, you fake.

You didn't? You NEVER told us that you might be applying for food stamps? Really ;)?

Jealous of your success? I am not jealous of anyone. If you are successful in your dreams,then good for you. I mean that sincerely. All I wish is for you to be honest with yourself about what you did. My post to you was to let you know that God will forgive you and make you whole again. It is VERY clear that you are still living in denial. I don't for a second believe that you are "okay" with paying to have your childs life ended. YOU yourself even admitted to abortion killing a life. So stop attacking me for repeating what YOU are admitting already.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274217 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand enough to know that babies are not born IN or WITH sin. That's your fuckedup religon's view, and you're welcome to it, but normal folks dont want anything to do with such nonsense.
My "fuckedup religon's view"? Ummm....your daughter is a Christian and so is your so called wife so I guess we share the same "fuckedup *religon*" huh?

""""normal folks dont want anything to do with such nonsense""" "

LOL really? you don't want anything to do with your "wife" or daughters religion?

Your wife and daughter were not baptised?
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#274218 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So, you believe that Santa is real?
St Nicholas was real. I am only continuing the tradition.

Yes,Virginia,there really is a Santa Claus.

You don't believe he is real?

tsk tsk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,173,309
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Lugnutz The Holy One 19,591
Civilization Buy Fifa 15 Coins alternation Tue popo 1
Review: Flat Rate Office Movers And Storage - O... (Jul '12) Mon Rose Henderson 4
Black and mad (Mar '08) Sun Tameka 11,015
Ruby Tuesday cited for sexual harassment (Aug '08) Sun Tameka 14
Officer shot man after police say she feared fo... Sun MARK TRAINA 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:23 am PST