Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315181 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273091 Dec 30, 2012
Then you were an agnostic, not an atheist.

Not believing in something for which there is no proof is not hating; it's purely logical. Now that you have your own deity, do you think thor, zeus, etc, are or could also be real?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I understand. if you read past my first sentence you would see , that I said I truly did not believe in a god, but if there was one, then I hated him.
kinda like the atheist I talk to now, they say they dont believe in god but then again they are not completly against the idea, but most cannot believe in any god that has been presented to them thus far.

Indianapolis

#273092 Dec 30, 2012
Maybe it's all those men pushing anti-abortion laws that give people the idea.

Sex is healthy for men and women alike. People don't have to justify it, and it isn't an offense to be punished with an unwanted pregnancy.

Many women want to have children--when the time is right. Until that time, they are free to resolve any pregnancy as they see fit.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
can you tell me why you like to think men want to control what goes on inside of a womans body, after the woman gets pregnant, when it is pretty clear you are overjoyed that the woman is in control over not only her body, but the baby and control of the mans life, that gets her pregnant?
Out of control would fit better, when 3000 women a day, could not control the situation, untill it is at a point where a living being is killed.
Heres just an idea -I don't know anyone who wants to force any girl into becomming a mother, if she don't want to, and unless raped their is no way at all she can get pregnant, unless she willingly has sex with a male.
So if a girl is 100% sure, that she don't want to be a mother, then why not get "fixed ", just like my sister -in -law did?
or (I know this is a shocker) she could just not have sex?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273093 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a God hating atheist for 20 years.
If there was a God, I hated him, and wanted nothing to do with anyone who believed in Any god.
Then, and now, I can't remember anyone being able to FORCE me into anything.
Do you not see, that many americans feel like the pro choice people FORCED their views on us?
Everyone on earth suffers, sooner or later.
I was raised, in a very large family.
My dad was 52 and mom 40, when I was born.
I found my father dead, when I was 9 my mother died, when I was 21, and I buried over 95% of my large family between the two.
I also found out, that my mom and dad had been having a affair for over 10 years "before getting caught, and choosing to marry and have me and my sister.
I know all about pain.
I hated just about everyone, but even more if you were a christian.
Thanks be to God, for waking me up at 1:30 am, and after struggling for a bit, I surrendered to this God, that for years I hated.
I now love Him.
He not me He changed all the views inside me, that I would have fought for, before I was saved.
Abortion is one of those views.
You may call me what you will, but my story is true, and I know you can't see it, becouse I to used to be so blind.
Wrong wrong wrong...

"I was a God hating atheist for 20 years."

What? If you really were an atheist you would not believe there was a god to "hate". You can't "hate" what you don't think exists. Nice try...don't you believe on this one.

"Do you not see, that many americans feel like the pro choice people FORCED their views on us?"

Ridiculous. Pro-CHOICE people believe everyone should be able to make their own choices...hence the term "pro-choice". You are free to make your own choices, nothing is forced on you. The fundies, however, want to force their religious dogma on everyone. They want everyone to follow their rules.

"I surrendered to this God, that for years I hated."

No, you said you were an atheist, remember? You could not have hated God "for years" and be an atheist. The 2 don't go together.

You are Bright Sun. I see it now.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273094 Dec 30, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for clarifying your position and I want to thank you, as a Pro-Life supporter, that you never had an abortion.
I wanted to refute your blanket condemnations. You said (paraphrased) that we worship orgasms, I believe? Do you really think that people who simply support other people's freedom to make their own personal decisions equates with us all worshiping orgasms? Do you really think that every pro-choice person has had abortions? Countless numbers of pro-choice women would not choose to get an abortion. If someone says they are pro-choice that doesn't automatically mean that they would choose abortion. And if someone does make that choice it doesn't mean they now are the object of scorn and judgement. You want the freedom to make your own decisions so allow that same freedom to others.

Indianapolis

#273095 Dec 30, 2012
Smart people would practice safe sex; evidently, this means that most heteros must be rock stupid.

Abortion has been around for millennia; there is nothing "recent" about it except the ability to do it more safely and efficiently. When this country was founded, abortion was legal in every state. Even at the time of Roe v Wade, it was still legal in many states.

Vick was a torturer of animals who had full awareness of every injury, every kick, and every jolt of electricity. The dogs were not living in his body.

You clearly have anger issues with women; you keep refering to them as "controlling". They certainly have the right to control their own body and to have treated any unwanted physical condition.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
being a parent has always been an option for smart people.
in the past , if people didnt want to have kids they didnt have sex.
if they " chose" to have sex and then had a baby, they dealt with it, like smart people do. only recently has women been able to solve this problem by having her baby killed. that should make people a little upset, but then all the women who were all for having the option, to get away with killing their child, began to make their voices heard, and also wanted and got all people to help pay to kill their baby.
these same people want to put a man in prison for years for hurting a dog , but has no problem killing babies.
micheal Vick should have never even got in trouble for hurting or killing dogs, in a country that allows controling women kill their babies and gets the public to pay for their mistakes.
women rights, have been turned into some womens desires.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273096 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly don't know where you come up with your numbers.
If you read the bible, you would see how common it was to live into the hundreds of years. 7,8,900+ years old.
BS'hitter, not even most theologians believe that shit.

Location hidden

#273097 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I understand. if you read past my first sentence you would see , that I said I truly did not believe in a god, but if there was one, then I hated him.
kinda like the atheist I talk to now, they say they dont believe in god but then again they are not completly against the idea, but most cannot believe in any god that has been presented to them thus far.
Athiests do not believe in G-d. Period.

They dont hate things they dont believe in.

For that matter, WHY would you bother to invest such an intense emotion as "hate" to something you dont believe in?

You're a moron AND a liar.

Location hidden

#273098 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
in the past , if people didnt want to have kids they didnt have sex..
Horseshit. In the "past" they aborted also. Abortion of one kind or another has been around since pregnancy has been. In the "past" they also killed what was born if they didn't want it, it was called infanticide. Baby's were left to die all the time.

Now you're just being deliberately stupid.

Location hidden

#273099 Dec 30, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then you were an agnostic, not an atheist.
Not believing in something for which there is no proof is not hating; it's purely logical. Now that you have your own deity, do you think thor, zeus, etc, are or could also be real?
<quoted text>
Exactly, and I've never met an agnostic that "hates" G-d either. The concept is simply ridiculous.

Indianapolis

#273100 Dec 30, 2012
I'm tired of these damned unicorns leaving sparkly pink crap all over the place! As for the flying teddy bears--I have one word: Pull!

I have to interject, though. Buddha isn't a deity; he is regarded as a teacher on a higher spiritual plane.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron. It makes NO sense. Do you believe in unicorns? Do you HATE unicorns? Do you believe in flying pink teddy bears? Do you HATE flying pink teddy bears??
Now lets get a bit more realistic. Do you believe in Buddah, the diety that the Dali Lami believes in? Do you HATE Budda OR the Dali Lama for that matter?
Of course not, because one doesn't "hate" what they dont believe in to begin with.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273101 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Night Eternity comes into this thread for two reasons:
1) Attack the Catholic Church
2) Seek supply for her attention-whore needs.
How does she go about accomplishing #2 above?
She shares about how horrible her life is w/ a special needs kid. She exploits her son's condition to seek personal attention and "Atta-boys!"
While, out the other side of her mouth she promotes killing defenseless babies.
Guess what, attention whore, your pursuit of death diminishes the "good" you think you do in life.
You're a hypocrite.
If you wish you EXECUTED your special needs son, just say it and get it out.
You can't have it both ways, dear, without being a hypocrite. You lack credibility, and are too damn selfish to see it.
Go exploit your son and fake martyr complex in the "Desperately Needs Counseling" forum.
"I have a special needs son"...."I support killing babies in the womb"......Here's your issue: You resent your son because you're a selfish proabort. The problem isn't your son. The problem is you.
Grow up.
Oh really? So by your own logic you're here because YOU are an "attention-whore" and you are here to "attack" others.

Now show me where I ever said having a special needs child was "horrible"? And by my count I've mentioned her issues 3 times...and how many total posts are on this thread?

I don't have a son either and I never spoke of "executing" anyone in "the womb".

If you think I "attack" Christian fundies then look at your own filthy behavior and then you'll know why I have nothing but disdain for you alleged Jesus loving Christians.

""I have a special needs son"...."I support killing babies in the womb""

You put those in quotes? Then you are a liar because I never said those things. Keep on showing us what a wonderful Christian you are, NR.

Location hidden

#273102 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone fully knows all about a few judges who's decisions made abortion legal, so I would advise you (whatever name you post under) to atleast not call people a liar, when they post about something anyone who knows how to read, already knows as truth.
That was not your claim. THIS was:
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter when you stop the life of a child, it is still murder.
One secound before birth, one month, or 6, still murder FORCED upon all americans, by a handfull of Godless "judges ".
So again, I DEFY you to:

A) prove ANY "g-dless judges" "FORCED upon all americans" MURDER of children.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Oh wait, we wont bother, since you said something EXTREMELY stupid and you LIED outright, bearing false witness.
Proving God, is easy for those who really seek, but you would be the very one in the crowd, who bears false witness against God.
I dont bear false witness against G-d at all. Your jesus is NOT my G-d. Your jesus is less than meaningless to me.

YOU on the other hand, are bearing false witness against pretty much everyone that doesn't walk in lockstep with your views.

Location hidden

#273103 Dec 30, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm tired of these damned unicorns leaving sparkly pink crap all over the place! As for the flying teddy bears--I have one word: Pull!
I have to interject, though. Buddha isn't a deity; he is regarded as a teacher on a higher spiritual plane.
<quoted text>
True. However, from BS'hitter's standpoint, if he doesn't believe in Buddah, then he would "hate" him, by his own "logic".

Of course this IS BS'hitter, who has in the past pretended to be a male cop, an "I CAN DO IT WOMAN" who was raped, someone who claims his mother was Jewish, etc etc.

Its not like this nut actually believes anything it says. But its fun to play with! LOL

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273104 Dec 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, LNM, and I fully expected this nonsense from the anti-choice extremists like sASSy, TommyDumDum and company. Personally, I think the facts about the hardships of motherhood are deliberately kept HIDDEN from girls and young women until after they have had a baby. Why would they do this? Because they don't want girls and women deciding NOT to ever be mothers, which they might do if they knew all the facts.
Their long-outdated "all women are meant to have children" ideology dictates that women "should" have children, and they don't want them knowing facts that could lead them to decide NOT to do so. For these kooks, the idea that a woman can choose NOT to have children is anathema to them. Too bad. I'll keep bringing up the hardships of motherhood as many times as I think necessary. Whether they like my doing this is irrelevant.
All the fundies are doing is showing how clueless they are about reality. Nothing new there. And nothing you said was untrue so all they can do is shriek about hating motherhood and all that other nonsense.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273105 Dec 30, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What's odd is you don't extend this sentiment to women/girls: "It's a shame to pay for twenty years for one night."
Then you go on to write it's a shame men/boys don't have a "say" in the outcome of the pregnancy, when their say may more often than not be to force an abortion.
THAT covers it. Now do what you do best and ignore the points.
I don't have to extend the same sentiment as they have the legal choice of abortion. They don't have to live with their mistake as a man does. Last I heard , he has no choice in the matter. Therefore it behooves him to be as educated as possible to prevent a lifelong entanglement for a booty call.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273106 Dec 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, LNM. Reproduction -- or lack thereof -- is purely an INDIVIDUAL choice, and each person has the right to make his and her own reproductive decisions. Whether others approve of those decisions or not is irrelevant.
These fundies seem to think it's up to them to make reproductive choices for everyone. No wonder they're all so worked up, they end up disappointed every day of their lives when they see they can't control anyone.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273107 Dec 30, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually its a factual argument. One you dont happen to like. Yet ANOTHER of your usual tough shit moments Inkstain.
Doesn't bother me in the least. I'd say the pagans lost out.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273108 Dec 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'm not sure that the RCC approves of vasectomies if a guy just wanted one because he never wanted kids. The idea that a man or woman can avoid procreation entirely is anathema to the Catholic Church hierarchy.
I wonder how many priests got them so they don't get their secret girlfriends pregnant.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273109 Dec 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely. The RCC can't handle the fact that it DOESN'T control everyone's sexual and reproductive decisions, not in the United States anyway. I say too bad for those clowns.
Both men and women are free to use reliable contraception to AVOID unwanted pregnancy. In the case of teens, I believe they are better off avoiding sex entirely until they are of legal age to be independent of their parents and make their own decisions. We all know that NO contraceptive method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, so even if a girl is on BC, a pregnancy could still happen.
Too many girls make the huge mistake of believing they can't get pregnant because they're on some form of birth control. That is so NOT true.
"Too many girls make the huge mistake of believing they can't get pregnant because they're on some form of birth control. That is so NOT true."

That's where comprehensive reproductive education comes in. Information is power. The RCC seems to support ignorance.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273110 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
being a parent has always been an option for smart people.
in the past , if people didnt want to have kids they didnt have sex.
if they " chose" to have sex and then had a baby, they dealt with it, like smart people do. only recently has women been able to solve this problem by having her baby killed. that should make people a little upset, but then all the women who were all for having the option, to get away with killing their child, began to make their voices heard, and also wanted and got all people to help pay to kill their baby.
these same people want to put a man in prison for years for hurting a dog , but has no problem killing babies.
micheal Vick should have never even got in trouble for hurting or killing dogs, in a country that allows controling women kill their babies and gets the public to pay for their mistakes.
women rights, have been turned into some womens desires.
"in the past , if people didnt want to have kids they didnt have sex."

OR, they had anal sex, OR oral sex, OR sex with someone of the same gender, OR they masturbated, OR they used contraceptives.

And, if they HAD vaginal sex, and the woman didn't want to end up with a child, she had an abortion, OR she gave the child to someone else to raise.

All these things have been done since for millenia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,563,736
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Thomas 7233 20,965
News Bristol Man Injured In Scooter, Car Collision (Jun '08) 21 hr Tonysidotijr 12
News More than 30 BoatHouse Canton employees leave a... Thu Mister Jeremy 2
News Hopkins initiative aims to solve entrenched pro... Thu Michu Pichu 1
The Baltimore Inner Harbor Cruise Complete Tour... Wed NewYorkView 1
News 15 homeless single moms in Osceola get housing ... (Dec '08) Wed Lincemrob 24

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages