Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,819
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#269257 Dec 10, 2012
KoookyKrisp wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I'm just stating my opinion.
Why make stuff up? There's plenty of real bones of contention without inventing more.

Anyway, I support your right to voice your opinion and, more importantly, your right to make autonomous decisions about your private medical matters.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#269258 Dec 11, 2012
KoookyKrisp wrote:
Well, I believe life begins at conception. When else would it begin? Also, who is to decide when a fetus is truly alive? I think people have the right to choose if they want to be pregnant before they have the child. There is no going back on life. Morally, I think getting an abortion is a grave sin. There is no excuse except for extreme circumstances. Who are we to decide who lives and who does not?
Of course it's 'life' at conception. The argument here is when does that 'life' supersede the rights of the woman. As you can clearly see, there's a whole bunch of differing opinions.

Location hidden

#269259 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Poverty is an inconvenience?

<quoted text>
Hell NO! It gets me out of having to do so much sh*t! You'd be surprised by how little is expected of me!

Location hidden

#269260 Dec 11, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, reality, and facts just are not their best friends...
I certainly don't call on any of them to spend time with me, that's for sure!

Location hidden

#269261 Dec 11, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>

you think your countless vents here are any less meaningless than mine?
You can bet your ass mine are!

Location hidden

#269262 Dec 11, 2012
Good night all! Always a pleasure!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#269263 Dec 11, 2012
KoookyKrisp wrote:
Well, I believe life begins at conception. When else would it begin? Also, who is to decide when a fetus is truly alive? I think people have the right to choose if they want to be pregnant before they have the child. There is no going back on life. Morally, I think getting an abortion is a grave sin. There is no excuse except for extreme circumstances. Who are we to decide who lives and who does not?
There is no "we" in "personal" choices.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

#269264 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Eunuch
Hiya Pippy!!!
Good morning, Hot Stuff!!!
Ocean56

AOL

#269266 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
What makes you think he/she isn't happy.
BTW, a lot of smart people believe in God.
And a lot of smart people DON'T believe in God. So what.

By the way, militant religionists like Knutter are NOT what I would call smart. She's quite the opposite, judging from some of her vilest posts here.
Ocean56

AOL

#269267 Dec 11, 2012
If girls and women think school or work is hard now, they should know that becoming a mother will be ten times harder. Many mothers and grandmothers donít tell young girls and women in their family exactly how hard motherhood truly is, for reasons known only to them. I strongly disagree with the practice of keeping girls in ignorance of this. I believe they NEED to know what being a mother will require of them, so they can make an informed decision about being a mother, even if it means some girls will decide not to be mothers at any point in their lives. That is just fine if some don't want to be mothers. Not all girls or women are suited to be moms, and choosing NOT to be a mother is just as valid as the choice to be one.

Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:

1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
4. Loss of Education and Job/Career Opportunities
5. Loss of Mobility
6. Loss of Private Time
7. Dealing with colic

There is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girlís/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269268 Dec 11, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
SOrry dimbulb, but all that link takes one to is something that says "Sorry, that page doesn't exist!
The page you requested isn't here, but there are a few things you can tryÖ"
"Another one" what jackass? What the hell ARE you babbling about?
Just google *charlie rogers*

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#269270 Dec 11, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
If girls and women think school or work is hard now, they should know that becoming a mother will be ten times harder. Many mothers and grandmothers donít tell young girls and women in their family exactly how hard motherhood truly is, for reasons known only to them. I strongly disagree with the practice of keeping girls in ignorance of this. I believe they NEED to know what being a mother will require of them, so they can make an informed decision about being a mother, even if it means some girls will decide not to be mothers at any point in their lives. That is just fine if some don't want to be mothers. Not all girls or women are suited to be moms, and choosing NOT to be a mother is just as valid as the choice to be one.
Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
5. Loss of Mobility
6. Loss of Private Time
7. Dealing with colic
There is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girlís/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
All too true..

The religious nut cases hate facts and reality any ways.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269272 Dec 11, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
5. Loss of Mobility
6. Loss of Private Time
7. Dealing with colic
You're not only a diehard proabort, but you are anti-womanhood & anti-motherhood to boot.

You're not a feminist at all. Reading between the lines, you wish you were born w/ a penis.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#269273 Dec 11, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
you wish you were born w/ a penis.
So do you No Relevance. Puddles is actually a very apt name for you child.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269274 Dec 11, 2012
Who gets to decide? The woman carrying the pregnancy. When life begins is a philosophical question, not a legal one. A born person cannot force another to sustain their lives against that second party's will; a fetus cannot have more rights than a born person.
KoookyKrisp wrote:
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269275 Dec 11, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Hell NO! It gets me out of having to do so much sh*t! You'd be surprised by how little is expected of me!
If you lived in America, you'd be the voice of a typical Obama supporter.

Indianapolis

#269276 Dec 11, 2012
None of my siblings is particularly devout, and some are also atheists. If the church wants to do a mass, yippee for them. It doesn't mean a thing to me, nor would my mother have cared.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Cpeter: "We didn't do a mass [for mom's funeral]"
Is that b/c family knew lil' petey would get all wee-weed up if there was a Mass for his Catholic mother? He's a gay atheist after all.

Indianapolis

#269277 Dec 11, 2012
Telling the truth is anti-woman and anti-motherhood?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not only a diehard proabort, but you are anti-womanhood & anti-motherhood to boot.
You're not a feminist at all. Reading between the lines, you wish you were born w/ a penis.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#269278 Dec 11, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Cpeter: "We didn't do a mass [for mom's funeral]"
Is that b/c family knew lil' petey would get all wee-weed up if there was a Mass for his Catholic mother? He's a gay atheist after all.
What a pathetic man,he said his mother was a good Catholic and he refused to give his mother a funeral Mass. What a pathetic piece of dung . Petey didn't honor his mother and her faith. Petey is scared to step into a Catholic Church.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269279 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Telling the truth is anti-woman and anti-motherhood?
<quoted text>
It's not the truth. It is her victimized idea of it. Obviously she can't handle motherhood and anything else but she is in error to think other women can't either. She is also in error to think that all women resent their babies because they come first with a lot of demands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min DBWriter 1,114,649
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Chuck 19,281
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Sun IMGKNEE 120,156
gay in Towson Maryland Sun mdtowson 1
Double stabbing in Remington leaves one man dead Sep 26 pico 1
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Sep 26 Rachel 90
Comedy Out of Violent Bloody Horror in The War ... Sep 25 HidingInMyCave 2
Baltimore Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore