Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310482 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#269168 Dec 10, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
despite all your passive aggressive belittling of others, your above-it-all posturing and claims of never taking anything seriously, you really can be.......quite emotional.
My belittling of you isn't passive aggressive, in the least. It's quite direct... and appropriate. Are your little feelings hurt? If you don't like what you read, just scroll on by, Tenderfoot :-)
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269169 Dec 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, then, it's a stranger. A woman definitely has a right to have an unwelcome stranger removed. Thanks for that prochoice POV.
Your daughter wasn't a stranger. She was your daughter. And. You killed her.
worships reality

AOL

#269170 Dec 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Location is key. If you are in the wrong place, at the wrong time?
lots of deaths have resulted from people being in the wrong place at the wrong time. that doesn't necessarily mean their deaths were intentional.

your analogy remains piss poor.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269171 Dec 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>

By location, do you mean in the midst of an evil proabort?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#269172 Dec 10, 2012
Feel free to link to a DNA report says, "A unique, distinct human being exists." If it refers to species at all, it will simply refer to "human". DNA refers to cellular material, not organisms. If you cloned humans, the DNA test would read the same as that of a non-clonal human.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA analysis results for those in the womb are indisputable: A unique, distinct human being exists.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269173 Dec 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what your Catholic mother taught you pregnancy was, Junket? That 'location' is the key to mankind's natural way of procreation? That it's okay for mothers to execute their baby if s/he is in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#269174 Dec 10, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyakaNeo: "No one has an abortion because a baby is inconvenient."
98% of abortions are 'elective' for the following reasons:
--too young/immature/not ready for responsibility
--economic
--to avoid adjusting life
--mother single or in poor relationship
--enough children already
--sex selection
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/aborti...
Adoption
Said a space physicist back in 2003. LOL
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269175 Dec 10, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No DNA analysis result says "human being".
Synonyms For Dummies
worships reality

AOL

#269176 Dec 10, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"no you weren't."
Yes, I was.
"that would have been "i pity you". sorry is an expression of apology. maybe you were sorry that you pitied me. either way, it's an apology."
You don't get to tell me what I meant, nor control how I express myself. I was expressing my pity toward you. Deal with it.
"damn you're stupid."
No, I'm not. YOU, however, are a control freak. Too bad for you that you get to control nothing.
"a period that you missed."
That's right, a period that never happened. And a missed miscarriage is a miscarriage that never happened, even though the fetus is already dead.
"an appointment that you missed."
That's right, an appointment that never happened. And a missed miscarriage is a miscarriage that never happened, even though the fetus is already dead.
"can you explain to us all what the medical definition of pregnant is?"
Irrelevant to the discussion. A missed miscarriage was explained fully in LynneD's link, where even IT said that the woman was still pregnant even though the fetus was already dead. And since the discussion is about spontaneous abortion, then the medical definition of abortion is what is relevant. The medical definition of abortion clearly states that an abortion is the expulsion of a fetus, whether naturally or induced, and is not dependent on whether or not the fetus is alive at that time.
Another think you'll just have to deal with, Control Freak.
irrelevant to the discussion??? you make the claim that a woman carrying a dead fetus is still "pregnant", but the medical definition of "pregnant" is irrelevant???

damn you're stupid.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269177 Dec 10, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to claim mankind is not of the animal kingdom? You think we're better than the lowly animals, but you'd deny the same natural processes those animals possess to womankind? And you think I'm a mess?
Excuse me while I go show everyone.
Katie: You'd deny the same natural processes those animals possess to womankind?

Snakes crawl on their bellies. Do you want women to crawl on their bellies?

“Never look back unless”

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#269178 Dec 10, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
lots of deaths have resulted from people being in the wrong place at the wrong time. that doesn't necessarily mean their deaths were intentional.
your analogy remains piss poor.
Really. So when there's a massacre at a movie theater, the deaths were not intentional? Seems to me that there's little difference between deliberate targeting and happenstance.

You seem to disagree. Okey dokey.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269179 Dec 10, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Feel free to link to a DNA report says, "A unique, distinct human being exists." If it refers to species at all, it will simply refer to "human". DNA refers to cellular material, not organisms. If you cloned humans, the DNA test would read the same as that of a non-clonal human.
<quoted text>
Cpeter: DNA refers to cellular material, not organisms.

You must be talking about the DNA 'sample'. You do realize the sample comes from a human being, right?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#269180 Dec 10, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
a disclaimer which is there only because it's a medical dictionary and they don't want to be responsible for morons self diagnosing or self medicating based on info there,not because of definitions of basic terms like pregnancy.
does merriam-webster contain the same disclaimer? stupid.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/pregna...
Right, so the medical and legal scholars recommend using Merriam?

Indianapolis

#269181 Dec 10, 2012
Poverty is an inconvenience?

Why a woman chooses to abort is none of your business; that's the soul of RvW. YOU arent having to deal with it.

It's also insane to consider adoption as a reasonable solution; there are already about a half-million kids availablefor adoption. Where are all these eager adopters?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyakaNeo: "No one has an abortion because a baby is inconvenient."
98% of abortions are 'elective' for the following reasons:
--too young/immature/not ready for responsibility
--economic
--to avoid adjusting life
--mother single or in poor relationship
--enough children already
--sex selection
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/aborti...
Adoption
worships reality

AOL

#269182 Dec 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>My belittling of you isn't passive aggressive, in the least. It's quite direct... and appropriate. Are your little feelings hurt? If you don't like what you read, just scroll on by, Tenderfoot :-)
quite emotional indeed.

“Never look back unless”

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#269183 Dec 10, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what your Catholic mother taught you pregnancy was, Junket? That 'location' is the key to mankind's natural way of procreation? That it's okay for mothers to execute their baby if s/he is in the wrong place at the wrong time?
Of course not. My Mother is 100% Catholic - albeit both of my parents seem to feel exception should be made for maternal survival and raped victims. Don't quote me, though. I wouldn't want them to be "ex-commed".
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269184 Dec 10, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cpeter: If you cloned humans, the DNA test would read the same as that of a non-clonal human.

Even your liberal ilk believe cloning humans is beyond the pail. It's illegal, and makes your point moot. Again.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#269185 Dec 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
Said a space physicist back in 2003. LOL
Actually, the stats were updated in August of 2012 (4 months ago). He's a statitician as well as physicist. And, he includes the stats from Planned Parenthood's research arm: Guttmacher Institute.

Indianapolis

#269186 Dec 10, 2012
I'd go for the cat. My mom didn't raise any kids too stupid to save themselves.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: You think we're better than the lowly animals?
________
sasssylicious: "Do you have your animals on the very same level as your children?"
Foo: "Than our children? Not really. On the same level as the likes of you? Nope, not at all. They're worth MUCH MORE than your kind are."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Indianapolis

#269187 Dec 10, 2012
Ask an OB/GYN. I'm not responsible for curing your ignorance.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, the condition of carrying a developing embryo/fetus.
<quoted text>
a false or hysterical pregnancy also displays the symptoms.
are you really this stupid or is this whole thing just an act?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min The Black Crayon 1,274,182
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage 4 hr williamr85 12
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Mother Mcreeeeee 20,096
Sex with Molly 14 hr jiz 1
News Shopping for Afro-Caribbean ingredients in Balt... 18 hr jimi-yank 5
News Maryland prepares for big boost in victim servi... Wed reality is a crutch 3
News Baltimore Gets $3.7M for Lead Removal Wed reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages