Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,906
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#268944 Dec 7, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I want abortion made illegal. It would most likely be the "doctor" performing the illegal abortion who would be prosecuted.
Most likely?
Ravianna

Lincoln City, OR

#268945 Dec 7, 2012
Until we are able to completely outlaw abortion the pro-life movement should work towards making abortion clinics illegal, making it illegal for doctors, nurses, etc to bring up abortion, making adoption easier, making it illegal for a woman to have an abortion without the consent of her husband, making it illegal for teens to have an abortion without the consent of both of her parents and the baby's father and creating an organization that encourages adoption and is meant to replace Planned Parenthood.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#268946 Dec 7, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Knutter, you're more f'ked in the head than the average rabid bear.
And a LOT less educated.
Why don't you go to Wal-mart and buy yourself a personality.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#268949 Dec 7, 2012
Seig heil, honey! Sorry you hate women so much.
Ravianna wrote:
Until we are able to completely outlaw abortion the pro-life movement should work towards making abortion clinics illegal, making it illegal for doctors, nurses, etc to bring up abortion, making adoption easier, making it illegal for a woman to have an abortion without the consent of her husband, making it illegal for teens to have an abortion without the consent of both of her parents and the baby's father and creating an organization that encourages adoption and is meant to replace Planned Parenthood.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#268950 Dec 8, 2012

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#268951 Dec 8, 2012
Ravianna wrote:
Until we are able to completely outlaw abortion the pro-life movement should work towards making abortion clinics illegal, making it illegal for doctors, nurses, etc to bring up abortion, making adoption easier, making it illegal for a woman to have an abortion without the consent of her husband, making it illegal for teens to have an abortion without the consent of both of her parents and the baby's father and creating an organization that encourages adoption and is meant to replace Planned Parenthood.
Lol. Seriously.
Ocean56

AOL

#268952 Dec 8, 2012
Ravianna wrote:
Until we are able to completely outlaw abortion the pro-life movement should work towards making abortion clinics illegal, making it illegal for doctors, nurses, etc to bring up abortion, making adoption easier, making it illegal for a woman to have an abortion without the consent of her husband, making it illegal for teens to have an abortion without the consent of both of her parents and the baby's father and creating an organization that encourages adoption and is meant to replace Planned Parenthood.
Yeah, we know, the ANTI-CHOICE movement wants to force women to stay pregnant and give birth against their will. We know that already. You're not saying anything new here, in case you didn't realize it.

No matter how much you whine about abortion, it is still a private matter between a woman and her physician. Motherhood is still optional, and a woman can cheerfully REJECT that option if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities that motherhood involves. The only person who gets to make the decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy is the WOMAN who is pregnant. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Simple as that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268953 Dec 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Until the expulsion of the fetus, a woman's cycle is not "normal" and no ovulation will occur. Until the expulsion of the dead baby, placenta, and anything else in the uterus, the woman's body may continue making the necessary pregnancy chemicals in full or in part. It doesn't make sense to me to believe just because the fetus died, but not yet removed, the woman is no longer pregnant. Pregnancy is a very involved process that does not rely only upon the living ZEF in order to continue.
Here's the thing...they HAVE to pretend that the pregnancy is over when the fetus dies even if it's still in the uterus. That's the only way they can THEN pretend that the GOAL of induced abortion is nothing but the death of the fetus. THEN, they can pretend that it's murder.

It's a convoluted thought process with no resemblance to reality.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268954 Dec 8, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
They know that. They want to assign "meanings" and have us accept their "meanings". Induced abortion is "evil" to them. Spontaneous abortion is not. Why, you ask them? Well, that's the part they don't want to discuss.
Oh, I know.

And thanks (next post). I do feel better. Being able to breathe through my nose, especially at night, and no headache. Also, my second oldest, the Chriopractor, was here, and I got adjusted :) THAT helped!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268955 Dec 8, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that person at all.
Since I have not harmed anyone I've known in NC, there's no need to. They're just making sh*t up, because my post on the article made too much sense. It's someone who posts/posted here regularly under another screen name that I've bested in argument, likely. That's the only "harm" I've done :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#268956 Dec 8, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would think Bitner has been full grown for a long time."
You ain't kidding. She has been overgrown for a long, long time.
It's really sickening how you supposed Christians are being so shallow and picking on someone's physical appearance. What shallow, vapid people you faux-Christians really are...keep showing your true ugly colors.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#268957 Dec 8, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I have not harmed anyone I've known in NC, there's no need to. They're just making sh*t up, because my post on the article made too much sense. It's someone who posts/posted here regularly under another screen name that I've bested in argument, likely. That's the only "harm" I've done :)
Amazing how Knut just happened to find that post, huh? The only ones who will buy into that load of b.s. are her fellow dogma following ignoramuses. They'll lap it up like a kitty laps cream...lmao!!!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#268958 Dec 8, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing...they HAVE to pretend that the pregnancy is over when the fetus dies even if it's still in the uterus. That's the only way they can THEN pretend that the GOAL of induced abortion is nothing but the death of the fetus. THEN, they can pretend that it's murder.
It's a convoluted thought process with no resemblance to reality.
Eggzactly

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#268960 Dec 8, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all about CONTEXT..., you idiot.
Exactly, you ignorant buffoon.

The CONTEXT was Bitner claiming a human fetus is not a "child", and one of the definitions for "child" proved her wrong.

How stupid for anyone to argue with me, as though the only definitions that mattered were the ones not saying that. The CONTEXT was clear.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#268961 Dec 8, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing...they HAVE to pretend that the pregnancy is over when the fetus dies even if it's still in the uterus. That's the only way they can THEN pretend that the GOAL of induced abortion is nothing but the death of the fetus. THEN, they can pretend that it's murder.
It's a convoluted thought process with no resemblance to reality.
Truth be told, Toots, it's the other way around. It's you pro-choicers who have to pretend the woman is still pregnant after the fetus dies, to try to claim a D&C afterwards is an abortion procedure.

Medically, legally, and logically, you're wrong.

Once fetus dies in utero, pregnancy is over. Hormonally it may take a little longer for the body to react to the end of the pregnancy, but nevertheless, it's over, pregnancy aborted. I provided links stating that.

Your reading comprehension is not at adult level, so you think you made a point you didn't make. Saying a "pregnant woman" when discussing missed miscarriage is because the woman doesn't have symptoms that the pregnancy spontaneously aborted, so thinks she's still pregnant, and her body didn't recognize the miscarriage yet.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#268962 Dec 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I provided the post numbers and you've already replied #268770. I'm still waiting for you to provide the post where a PC'er said a D&C was an abortion.
I provided 4 already from Carbon, Petey, Foo and Elise. You don't pay attention, and your posts are a testament to that fact.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#268963 Dec 8, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Rocks and glass houses, LynneD. Someone who calls people "Bonehead" regularly lives in the latter, and shouldn't be throwing the former.
Interesting, how you want to quote the dictionary here, yet ignore the medical definition of abortion. Dishonest, to say the least.
Medical definition of abortion? A spontaneous ending of a pregnancy is a spontaneous abortion. I've already provided a link which shows the different types of spontaneous abortion. You think your link proves them wrong, pea brain?

You think a "missed miscariage" means it didn't happen and an abortion is required, and I've already proven how ignorant you are about it, with what a missed miscarriage really means.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#268964 Dec 8, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, you just can't answer it without confirming my point, that's all. So, you deflect.
What is a missed period? Or a missed appointment?
I don't deflect because I know what I'm talking about. It's you who tries to deflect, and with stupidity. I've answered with links that prove you're an ignorant buffoon.

Your silly question proves you don't know what a missed miscarriage is.

As I said, you're a missed embarrassment to yourself. You ARE an embarrassment to yourself, your brain just hasn't noticed it yet.
God

Plainview, NY

#268965 Dec 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth be told, Toots, it's the other way around. It's you pro-choicers who have to pretend the woman is still pregnant after the fetus dies, to try to claim a D&C afterwards is an abortion procedure.
Medically, legally, and logically, you're wrong.
Once fetus dies in utero, pregnancy is over. Hormonally it may take a little longer for the body to react to the end of the pregnancy, but nevertheless, it's over, pregnancy aborted. I provided links stating that.
Your reading comprehension is not at adult level, so you think you made a point you didn't make. Saying a "pregnant woman" when discussing missed miscarriage is because the woman doesn't have symptoms that the pregnancy spontaneously aborted, so thinks she's still pregnant, and her body didn't recognize the miscarriage yet.
Best post ever in this forum
stanchaz

Forest Hills, NY

#268966 Dec 8, 2012
If Christ came back,
would He even RECOGNIZE what kind of business
they have made of His loving words,
and His inspiring teachings?
.....what kind of twisted house of hate and fear
they have constructed in His name?
......these people that dare to speak and act in His name,
in order to pursue their own ends?
I suspect that He would treat them
in the very same way that He threw the money-lenders
out of the Temple!
The death -- no, the murder-- of this poor woman
in Ireland makes me ANGRY.
It’s about time ...it’s WAY past time
...for people to take control of their own destiny, and their own lives.
There are so many priests, preachers, and assorted shamans
out there --"men of the cloth"-
who have the unmitigated gall, the sheer arrogance,
of claiming to speak for God, and with God.
And we ...we must listen, and follow, and obey. Or so they say.
They claim a direct pipeline to the Almighty!
God did this, God told me. God loves that. God hates this.
God wants this. Oh, and drop another coin in the basket
before you leave please ...as God demands.
It's gotten so bad that now they think ....thay they ARE God
- with THE “RIGHT” TO TAKE WOMEN’S LIVES!
ENOUGH already! I say to them all:
Go back to whatever burrow you came from,
you charlatans, and leave us -and our country- alone.
For we're a free and proud people,, and will remain so
- without- your shameful meddling in both our private lives,
and our public institutions.
For Religion is a personal matter -
NOT something to be FORCED on others!
Don't just accept something because it comes from
a religious "voice of authority".
For ultimately YOU are responsible for your life,
and how you try to live it.
That’s why you have freedom of choice and a conscience:
to choose, NOT just to blindly follow.....
We need to start acting like Men and Women...not sheep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP leonard nimoy from star trek 12 min llldldj 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 50 min shinningelectr0n 1,189,812
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 19,631
Review: Carzone USA Thu krom keen 1
Patsos tries to steam, not boil over (Nov '08) Thu stewart scott 4
floyd mayweather vs manny pacquiao who will win Thu jdjdk 2
Will the nfl team the washington redskins win a... Feb 24 kdid 2
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:23 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:23AM
Report: Chris Canty Released by Ravens
NFL10:55 AM
Barry Cofield cut by Washington Redskins
NFL10:55 AM
Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen cut by Redskins
ESPN11:28 AM
Redskins begin purge with release of Cofield
NBC Sports 2:53 PM
Report: Ravens reach two-year deal with Christo Bilukidi